PDA

View Full Version : The Reason Why Mages Are Underpowered At Twink

Farz
05-30-2014, 05:44 AM
First of all,sorry if this is another thread for the squishy mage.

I just realize that Warriors and Rogues are overpowered against Mages,why?I'll take both example on lvl 9.
For Warrior the reason are:
1. The helm stats,Warrior's best (IMO) is 14 str,5 int,1.06 dodge and 149 armor. Mage's best (IMO) is 5 str,14 int,1.06% dodge and 76 armor. The difference here is the armor huge gap between 149 armor and 76,yes I know Warrior needs huge armor,but seriously,huge gap between 149 and 76 armor and the stats are same?
2. The armor stats,Warrior's best (IMO) is 12 str,6 int and 210 armor. Mage's best (IMO) is 6 str,12 int and 143 armor. Again the difference is in armor,the reason is same too as number 1.
For Rogue the reason are:
1. The helm stats,Rogue's best (IMO) is 12 dex,6 int,2.1 damage and 96 armor. The difference is Rogue's have advantage in damage and a little bit armor,I know Rogue needs damage because its rogue job. But seriously,what is Mage's advantage?
2. The armor stats,Rogue's best (IMO) is 11 dex,6 int,1.9 damage and 180 armor. Horray,at least Mage's have advantage of 1 attribute :P,but Rogue's have advantage at damage and little bit armor. The reasons are same as number 1.

I hope devs read this post because I didnt see any advantage for being a Mage in twinks.
*-Note,that best armor for Rogue release in Conquistador's update
-Note,if anyone will says,"If you dont like it,dont do it." Then twinks rules by 2 classes only? :P

Many thanks for reading,sorry for any typo or wrong grammar :D

Toogy
05-30-2014, 05:58 AM
I love mages but rly hates that sts made them so weak

Sent from my GT-S6310N using Tapatalk

Jack O Reaper
05-30-2014, 06:11 AM

I just realize that Warriors and Rogues are overpowered against Mages,why?I'll take both example on lvl 9.
1. The helm stats,Warrior's best (IMO) is 14 str,5 int,1.06 dodge and 149 armor. Mage's best (IMO) is 5 str,14 int,1.06% dodge and 76 armor. The difference here is the armor huge gap between 149 armor and 76,yes I know Warrior needs huge armor,but seriously,huge gap between 149 and 76 armor and the stats are same?
2. The armor stats,Warrior's best (IMO) is 12 str,6 int and 210 armor. Mage's best (IMO) is 6 str,12 int and 143 armor. Again the difference is in armor,the reason is same too as number 1.

Lol mage are not tank, then if sts add a little armor how about endgamer pvp? Mage will like a rogue armors?
Cause mage can easily kill u stun and ur dead.

So no.

Bless
05-30-2014, 06:13 AM
Lol...funny lil guy

Farz
05-30-2014, 06:14 AM
Lol mage are not tank, then if sts add a little armor how about endgamer pvp? Mage will like a rogue armors?

So no.

Nope,I didnt ask for a higher armor...just like...crit..regen...or something xD

ibighunk
05-30-2014, 08:34 AM
Nope,I didnt ask for a higher armor...just like...crit..regen...or something xD

nice post.

Sceazikua
05-30-2014, 08:34 AM

So no.

How about you play as mage twink and feel the rage? wtf gear same stat as other classes but only half armor? If we dont have armor then at least give us other stats. Idk about other people, but in my lvl 21 twink warrior experiences, here are the stats between the classes:
-best warrior's stat: 4k2 hp, 180 damage, 1k armor.
-best rogue's stat: around 2k hp, 200 damage, 800 armor.
-best sorceror's stat: 2k hp, around 200 damage, 600 armor.
fair? I dont think so.

Crowsfoot
05-30-2014, 08:40 AM
Aww, what a cute little mage <VENGEFUL BLOOD> <AXE THROW> <SAMAEL> <SKYWARD SMASH> aww, what a cute little dead ​mage.

Haligali
05-30-2014, 08:50 AM
I think they made this idiot dwarf class just to mine those locked crates in km3 for the himinglevas and ullers, the real heroes of arlor. :(

matanofx
05-30-2014, 08:58 AM
Like endgame pvp is so fair to mages... and i love when rogues and warriors who never did and never will use a mage comment on these things... CUTE! as if your opinion matters =]

Hectororius
05-30-2014, 09:00 AM
I think they made this idiot dwarf class just to mine those locked crates in km3 for the himinglevas and ullers, the real heroes of arlor. :(

Quote of the Day Right here!

and yes, mages are underpowered in pvp. Will this ever be properly address? probably never.

Wutzgood
05-30-2014, 09:10 AM
It's because mages are so overpowered in pve lol.

But in reality it's because mages skills don't work at all in pvp. Imagine if ice froze or clock rooted in pvp? Warriors and rogues wouldn't stand a chance. Mages wouldn't need any armor if those skills actually worked in pvp.

Zynzyn
05-30-2014, 09:12 AM
Level 9 mages cant even do km3. Yes I agree at twink level pvp, the mage class is not at par with rogue/tank. They do need a little buff in some way at lower levels. Or a 5th skill slot maybe..

Sceazikua
05-30-2014, 09:31 AM
5th skill slot will make tanks even more OP. Imagine tanks with vb, jug, HoR and 2 attack skills ... How to kill them now?

Samdegreat
05-30-2014, 09:41 AM
I twink mage, it's the funniest/funnest character personally for me. There defiantly not under powered if you use them right.

The shield is op especially if you have top gear as it functions based on mana and health, also I recently went up to 31 and constant stun and I seem to crit a lot 600-900 per hit on maxed rogues.

However the main advantages is the unlimited supply of mana, you can spam away your skills while rogues have to time there shots and monitor it, once they run out there dead.

Although rogues have the best heal they have to run to them so if you use this to your advantage they spend more time running to packs then attacking and make sure your standing away from them so if they pierce, there all yours!

Crowsfoot
05-30-2014, 09:56 AM
5th skill slot will make tanks even more OP. Imagine tanks with vb, jug, HoR and 2 attack skills ... How to kill them now?
Expect: HoR, VB, SS, axe, CS

It is the highest damage output possible, 2 feeble skills, an armor debuff, 2 ranged skills, and two skills with very short cool downs. Jugg will likely be switched out with CS (or VB if it is cooled down) where needed.

falmear
05-30-2014, 03:43 PM
The shield is op especially if you have top gear as it functions based on mana and health!

You are wrong, shield has nothing to do with mana or health. Its only based on INT & STR. Also don't quote me the semantics about mana/health being the same as INT/STR because they aren't:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?96812-Arcane-Shield-How-it-works-as-of-5-7-13

Primarily the more STR you add, the longer your shield can do damage reduction but the lower damage you have. Shield is only good in relation to how much damage the other classes are putting out. Because once shield has absorbed a certain amount of damage it will break and then you have to spend however long waiting for the cool down. And once your shield is down you are basically dead very quickly.

Kreasadriii
05-30-2014, 06:28 PM
Compare your STR + INT to get a very nice shield.
It would'nt break even rogue aimed you few times,
Mage is not so weak as you exlain, in PvP STR is very usefull to longlast ur own shield while fighting another class.

Rules by 2 class?
Sorry before, Totally disagree because without mana in PvP and your twinks going to war, you will suffer on mana, fight for too long..
Mage? They just charged shield, stunt them all, get into center clashes, curse.. BOOM!!

Just share my experiences and trust me, there's a lot of rogue and warrior worried about many mages in PvP room :)
that's why warrior and rogue harder to accept when they lost 1 vs 1 with a mage.. (if you know what I mean)..

ujangkampak
05-30-2014, 09:54 PM
nice Thread., i feel same with Farz. mage is underpowered "ON LVL 9" twink.,

Gensin
05-30-2014, 10:43 PM
I twink mage, it's the funniest/funnest character personally for me. There defiantly not under powered if you use them right.

The shield is op especially if you have top gear as it functions based on mana and health, also I recently went up to 31 and constant stun and I seem to crit a lot 600-900 per hit on maxed rogues.

However the main advantages is the unlimited supply of mana, you can spam away your skills while rogues have to time there shots and monitor it, once they run out there dead.

Although rogues have the best heal they have to run to them so if you use this to your advantage they spend more time running to packs then attacking and make sure your standing away from them so if they pierce, there all yours!

So true..

lowratehitman
05-30-2014, 11:31 PM
Lol mage are becoming op in pvp

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

-no
05-31-2014, 08:27 AM
From my experience, 31+ mages do well. Under 31 it's much, much harder.

Samdegreat
05-31-2014, 07:04 PM
You are wrong, shield has nothing to do with mana or health. Its only based on INT & STR. Also don't quote me the semantics about mana/health being the same as INT/STR because they aren't.

Thanks for correcting me, that's what I meant but jumbled it up :p

Yani Purwo Nugroho
08-08-2014, 04:29 AM
bit hard to judge is mage OP or UP..for my point of view and experiences. I still can kill warrior n rouge at 5 on 5 clash and also i can get double and triple kill to.
Well that what will happen on 4 on 5 when me at the 4th one.
i play at twink lvl7 anyway when point are really limitted and the skill really counted..
yes i can do that on 5 on 5 clash..but i will so easy killed at 1 on 1.
for me,mage it's really strong as suppporting unit but weak for 1 on 1 (with rog or warrior).

exoxo
08-08-2014, 09:15 AM
If only mages had an attack that could stun players... No! Two! Surely players will capitalize such a versatile movepool. I guess you'll just have to spam lightning into that crowd and pray for crits until sts sees the error of their ways.

Xeusx
08-08-2014, 09:31 AM
Nice mini necro.

kinzmet
08-08-2014, 11:25 PM
Compare your STR + INT to get a very nice shield.
It would'nt break even rogue aimed you few times,
Mage is not so weak as you exlain, in PvP STR is very usefull to longlast ur own shield while fighting another class.

Rules by 2 class?
Sorry before, Totally disagree because without mana in PvP and your twinks going to war, you will suffer on mana, fight for too long..
Mage? They just charged shield, stunt them all, get into center clashes, curse.. BOOM!!

Just share my experiences and trust me, there's a lot of rogue and warrior worried about many mages in PvP room :)
that's why warrior and rogue harder to accept when they lost 1 vs 1 with a mage.. (if you know what I mean)..

Please post a video showing your "twink" mage killing a "good" warrior in 1v1. Maybe will believe you.

PS: My level 16 mage maxed out gears (grand tarlok gems) and singe could kill "good" warriors in clash but not in 1v1.
When I say good warriors, I meant those with non-maxed gears with arcane/mythic pets or at least dova.

Sirnoobalot
08-09-2014, 03:38 AM
Smurfs were born to kills mobs!!!! no bosses and not others.

Ishtmeet
08-09-2014, 04:19 AM
Levels Where Mages are OP: 5-6
22-23
31(with runic)
36+(With kershal)
41(With Kershal/New myth gun or Arcane ring)

epicrrr
08-09-2014, 01:10 PM
But MAGES deal OP damage, its just the heal system is unbalanced.

Sirghastly
08-09-2014, 02:17 PM

1. The helm stats,Rogue's best (IMO) is 12 dex,6 int,2.1 damage and 96 armor. The difference is Rogue's have advantage in damage and a little bit armor,I know Rogue needs damage because its rogue job. But seriously,what is Mage's advantage?
2. The armor stats,Rogue's best (IMO) is 11 dex,6 int,1.9 damage and 180 armor. Horray,at least Mage's have advantage of 1 attribute :P,but Rogue's have advantage at damage and little bit armor. The reasons are same as number 1.

I hope devs read this post because I didnt see any advantage for being a Mage in twinks.
-Note,if anyone will says,"If you dont like it,dont do it." Then twinks rules by 2 classes only? :P

Mmmmmm u used curse at twink? lol

Imjebus
08-10-2014, 11:36 AM
My level 10 sorc has only killed a FEW warriors 1v1 and they weren't even the best warriors. They were sub par. Now in clashes I can kill them.

Kreasadriii
08-10-2014, 12:22 PM
Please post a video showing your "twink" mage killing a "good" warrior in 1v1. Maybe will believe you.

PS: My level 16 mage maxed out gears (grand tarlok gems) and singe could kill "good" warriors in clash but not in 1v1.
When I say good warriors, I meant those with non-maxed gears with arcane/mythic pets or at least dova.

I dont record it,
ask veteran on lvl 21,22,23.. Before gem existed I beat war, after gem existed I beat rogue with sam, not meant that Im strong or what..
U can do it, just trust ur self, practice and practice..
At that time not all my item with super.. Use colton, it passives good stunt, just saying dova only win by the stats, AA sucks..

I do not ask anybody here to believe me, that is their problem believe me or not, my friend haligali ever watching my twinking before..
I ever feel the same place as many mage players, mage noob, useless in pvp, weak,
in 41 too we still can beat rogue, stunt lock the rogue, charged ur attack gun.. find the way to make enemies skills failed,

Good luck with ur mage, u can do it.. or try another lvl :)

ChillyPepper
08-11-2014, 07:01 PM
Problem is with the heal. Warriors have good heal over time and rogues have their heal in parts... 2-3 packs AND it's set at 25%-30% independent on damage. But other two class heals depend on damage. We smurfs have to choose either to have higher heal (dmg) or HP (str). Anyway what I'm trying to say is that mages need better heal overtime in my opinion.

Krobelus
08-12-2014, 04:22 AM
I loled hard at you guys. Is arcane legends your only experience in pvp?

I just cant believe you call it pvp. Lmao.

Energizeric
08-12-2014, 05:01 AM
Problem is with the heal. Warriors have good heal over time and rogues have their heal in parts... 2-3 packs AND it's set at 25%-30% independent on damage. But other two class heals depend on damage. We smurfs have to choose either to have higher heal (dmg) or HP (str). Anyway what I'm trying to say is that mages need better heal overtime in my opinion.

There has always a fundamental problem with the stat system in AL.... The two most important stats for any player are health and damage, and crit is probably #3 in importance as it is a damage multiplier.

For warriors, both health and damage come from the same stat, STR. For rogues, damage and crit come from the same stat, DEX -- that's why rogues have the highest damage. But for sorcerers, each of these 3 come from a different stat. We get health from STR, crit from DEX, and damage from INT. As a result, a sorcerer build is always a tradeoff between these stats, and always lacking something no matter how you make your build. You either can be high health and low damage, or high damage and low health, or if you want crit you have to sacrifice either health or damage. Warriors on the other hand don't have to sacrifice anything -- they just go with a full STR build and get both high health and high damage.

STS has recognized this and tried to add more crit to sorcerers through our gear, like in the mythic helm and armor, with the archon rings (sorcerer versions have +3.5% damage), or with the Kershal staff. So at end game it has helped. But at twink levels, there is no such gear like this, so sorcerers are weak and always lacking something in their build.

MoloToha
08-12-2014, 07:06 AM
But what about curse? Isn't it the thing that makes mages pretty nice in endgame?

MoloToha
08-12-2014, 07:17 AM
I loled hard at you guys. Is arcane legends your only experience in pvp?

I just cant believe you call it pvp. Lmao.
Actually, PvP is quite unusual in AL. In other games, endgame tanks one-two-shot DD classes, as well as DDs two-three-shot tanks. Also crit classes (usually, archers) have enormous crit damage multiplier (which is usually a separate stat), so if their skill misses or doesn't get critical power, they are defeated (no things like pack control). Also, non-healer classes get almost no healing in 1v1.

Guantess
08-12-2014, 12:20 PM

I agree 100%

ChillyPepper
08-12-2014, 07:31 PM
There has always a fundamental problem with the stat system in AL.... The two most important stats for any player are health and damage, and crit is probably #3 in importance as it is a damage multiplier.

For warriors, both health and damage come from the same stat, STR. For rogues, damage and crit come from the same stat, DEX -- that's why rogues have the highest damage. But for sorcerers, each of these 3 come from a different stat. We get health from STR, crit from DEX, and damage from INT. As a result, a sorcerer build is always a tradeoff between these stats, and always lacking something no matter how you make your build. You either can be high health and low damage, or high damage and low health, or if you want crit you have to sacrifice either health or damage. Warriors on the other hand don't have to sacrifice anything -- they just go with a full STR build and get both high health and high damage.

thanks, i could not have said it better [emoji4]