View Full Version : Wich arcane pet is better for lvl 41 mage (pve)

Kershy
05-30-2014, 11:26 AM
Glacian or hj? I asked bc i rly dont know about arcane pets! :)

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk

Crowsfoot
05-30-2014, 11:31 AM
Hammerjaw

Hammerjaw's passive is his most notable component as opposed to glacian whose arcane ability is considered the most attractive. However, glacian's ability boosts armor by a percent (which means it is least effective on mages) and returns mana (which mages don't need).

Here are Hammerjaw's stats. The arcane ability has a 12 second cool down so you gain the buff 2/3 of the time.

---

Samael is, however, the most powerful arcane pet. You may want to just save up for him.

Kershy
05-30-2014, 12:08 PM
oh thank you! :) i didnt know about their arcane abilities! yeah lol sammie is the best arcane pet! but it too expensive for me! maybe ill buy first the hj then sammie! :) thank you crow!

Crowsfoot
05-30-2014, 12:11 PM
oh thank you! :) i didnt know about their arcane abilities! yeah lol sammie is the best arcane pet! but it too expensive for me! maybe ill buy first the hj then sammie! :) thank you crow!
Yw. It should be notes that HJ's passive can stun komodos. However, I typically use mine for boss fights (where he owns) because of how much better Samael works against mobs.

The only arcane pet I really "want" is brother whim for the arcane ability. I hate relying on rogues to use traps.

Zanpakuto
05-30-2014, 12:49 PM
Yw. It should be notes that HJ's passive can stun komodos. However, I typically use mine for boss fights (where he owns) because of how much better Samael works against mobs.

The only arcane pet I really "want" is brother whim for the arcane ability. I hate relying on rogues to use traps.

cuz most rogues don't even use them!! but at least you're getting the veil lol can't have it all!
:eagerness:

Crowsfoot
05-30-2014, 01:05 PM
cuz most rogues don't even use them!! but at least you're getting the veil lol can't have it all!
Most should IMO. If I had to name the top 5 rogues I've ever run with, all 5 use traps and bombs.

Kershy
05-30-2014, 05:40 PM
Haha whim r cool too but thats the last egg i want to buy xd

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk

jiph
05-30-2014, 07:00 PM
The best arcane pet is ethyl

ibighunk2
05-30-2014, 07:36 PM
Wait for surge and shardy. :)

Kershy
06-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Wait for surge and shardy. :)

yeah im so excited for them!!! they look so cutee!!!!!! :3

Legallyblonde
06-03-2014, 07:39 AM

I love traps over bomb! When trap pulls it makes me feel like I'm about to go into beast mode tbh. ImO trap just needs better charge bonuses. Maybe 40% chance for charge traps to pull?

Crowsfoot
06-03-2014, 07:55 AM
I love traps over bomb! When trap pulls it makes me feel like I'm about to go into beast mode tbh. ImO trap just needs better charge bonuses. Maybe 40% chance for charge traps to pull?
Veil has a cornucopia of survival based buffs which make it extremely desired in an elite run. Yes, traps make the run faster but they are not as "important" per say. Both skills should be used by every elite running mage. From there, it is up to you.

Legallyblonde
06-03-2014, 08:06 AM
Veil has a cornucopia of survival based buffs which make it extremely desired in an elite run. Yes, traps make the run faster but they are not as "important" per say. Both skills should be used by every elite running mage. From there, it is up to you.

I understand where you're coming from. I don't run veil as I use peircer in place of it (Variety of purposes when playing for fun, pvp, pve.) and I use traps because it suits my playstyle. I know there's a required skill set for rogues in elite, bomb is a great skill and I enjoy when other rogues use It but bomb just doesn't appeal to the way I like to play! :3

Prahasit Prahi
06-03-2014, 08:31 AM
Surge and Shady!! :p

wvhills
06-03-2014, 08:48 AM
Most should IMO. If I had to name the top 5 rogues I've ever run with, all 5 use traps and bombs.

awww, thanks crow! :)