PDA

View Full Version : Platinum for Gold

slinkster213
12-30-2010, 02:04 AM
I scanned for this thread but didn't look real thoroughly so i apologize if it's a repeat.

The prices for gold seem a little skewed. 600 platinum for 160K gold. Seems a little ridiculous. I mean it took me a bit to get 160K at first but once i reached level 40 I started banking gold from just selling items without the market and selling pinks in-market got me even more money. I mean I understand the concept of maybe making it that expensive so that you discourage people from getting insanely rich in-game but i think the platinum prices should come down just a bit. For sure in half but maybe a little more.
Just a rant. Take it or leave it.

KingFu
12-30-2010, 02:08 AM
Been many threads about this actually, dude, they're ridiculously high because they don't want some rich kid coming along buying tons if gold. If gold was cheap or "affordable" it'd ruin the economy. Smartest way to do it....

Icicle Wind
12-30-2010, 02:09 AM
I'm not sure where to stand on this. I guess it all comes down to the ratio. Will it be 10k for 1 plat? Or 50k for 1 plat? Regardless, to the old players this is nothing, and new players will cry in pain. You don't need that many plats when reached max level anyway.

slinkster213
12-30-2010, 02:19 AM
yeah i've seen the other threads in reference to items and other stuff being expensive but not really gold.
but OK that explanation makes sense. rich kids coming along buying a ton of gold would ruin the economy got it definitely makes sense.
I bought 165 plat for 20$ and stilll have 70 plat left. All i did was buy the dungeons and such. Nothing else. I agree you don't need plat at max. ok well thanks for a legit reason. Makes sense.

Not really in need for gold anyway. Small in comparison to others but got plenty of gold for my purposes and able to survive just fine.

Pharcyde
12-30-2010, 02:37 AM
Not only is it to protect the economy, Pocket Legends makes massive bank on rich kids who drain mommy and dady's credit cards :D.

lordofbeond
12-30-2010, 09:30 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of being able to sell items for platinum or have people trade market reflected prices in the auction house. I would be far more apt to buy more enhancements like more characters or exp boosters using platinum. However I dont think that platinum should be available to purchase via their mall using gold only using real cash. Platinum would be protected if it took real cash to acquire platinum (rather than free rewards) the value of platinum would be super easy to control and every time someone purchased an enhancement (or better yet respecs) it would remove that plat from the economy. It would allow for longevity even after you max your level... It could also lead into a possible addon for the game... a sort of MMO prestige mode where you get more stats and more skill points (or something like that) that could only be acquired for like 50 plat (which would allow people to max out and then restart and every time that happened 50 plat would disappear from the economy)

lordofbeond
12-30-2010, 09:31 AM
Not only is it to protect the economy, Pocket Legends makes massive bank on rich kids who drain mommy and dady's credit cards :D.

Then should it not only be fair to allow people who cannot get plat to be able to get it from these rich little SOBs? I think that cash should be required to create the plat but it should be barter-able in the auction house.

Refriedchicken
12-30-2010, 02:08 PM
Ehh, I kinda agree.

It is ridiculous, you figure it's 0.00375 platinum per gold. So that's roughly 0.000375$ per gold. That means it is roughly 3.75$ per 10k gold.

That's crazy.

I'd like to see it more like .75$ or 1.00$ per 10k.

So at 1$ per 10k, that'd make it 16$(roughly 145 platinum) per 160k. I don't know about you, but I still wouldn't buy that even at a 375% sale.

I think lowering this wouldn't be a horrible idea. I doubt it would be bought much more than before.

An idea: If gold was lowered to say 5$ per 160k, what would that do? It would put a TON more money into the economy, most players would have 1m+, and what does that do? It raises the prices on EVERYTHING. That would mean an easier sale on all drops, and more money to show for it.

It's definitely a toss up, it might not be a horrible thing for the economy..