PDA

View Full Version : League of Legends

Spyce
05-31-2014, 02:58 PM
So, my brother graduated yesterday and got a computer to himself. Not that he has his own, I have the old one! Decided to download LoL. Any tips? I'm a noob :P

Endkey
05-31-2014, 04:02 PM
Welcome to the world of LoL...i have the game on my pc and yet have to play my first match..but i do know somethings which will help you

Stay in tall grass (makes you invisible from enemies)
If the enemy comes to destroy ur turret..with minions..the turret will attack the minions first...come near ur turret and the turret will hit the enemy instead of the mobs
Run away whenever you are in danger...you want your team to win..dont focus on how many people you kill and how many times you die ( kinda opposite of AL).
Destroy minions..altho they are weak and no point much in killing them, they give away xp and gold. Gold allows you to buy better weapons in game

Cant remember any more. Hope these helps :)

dudetus
05-31-2014, 04:53 PM
My best advice is not to play LoL unless u r fiercely trying to protect ur virginity

Spyce
05-31-2014, 04:54 PM
My best advice is not to play LoL unless u r fiercely trying to protect ur virginity

Why? Will they bang me?

Endkey
05-31-2014, 05:11 PM
Why? Will they bang me?

Hard..just played one match..was fun...worth trying..but as said b4..need to retreat at many times which some people dont like

Laar
05-31-2014, 05:39 PM
I seriously cannot believe you're actually playing but for tips..

There are too many to explain, just watch the LCS and All Star games. Those teams are the best in the world and if you watch them play a lot you'll get the hang of it.

Spyce
05-31-2014, 05:52 PM
I seriously cannot believe you're actually playing but for tips..

There are too many to explain, just watch the LCS and All Star games. Those teams are the best in the world and if you watch them play a lot you'll get the hang of it.

K i won't play anymoar
Ty bby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laar
05-31-2014, 06:07 PM
Lol double post ftw

There are a few starting tips you'll have to know. In the bottom lane, typically the ADC (Attack Damage Carry) and the Support lane there. As an ADC, your job is to get as many kills as you can so you get fed (which means you have a lot of kills, and with a lot of kills you get a bunch of gold, hence the term "fed"). The Support's job isn't to get kills, but rather help the ADC get kills. Give the ADC all the kills and just get the assists, it's a bad thing if you don't let your ADC get the kills.

In the middle lane, typically the APC play there (Ablility Power Carry) lane there. Mid laners have a lot of burst damage, which means that they do an insane amount of damage in a few seconds, but once their skills are all used up they'll be helpless during the cooldown time.

In the top lane, typically the tank/bruiser lane there. Your job is to build AD (attack damage) and a ton of armor to help suck up all the damage in team fights.

In the jungle is where the jungler roams. Your job is to place down wards so your team has more map vision and to find the other jungler. In the jungle, there are red and blue buffs that you can get. Invade the other side of the jungle (the enemy jungle) and put well placed wards there too. When you make plays, you gank the enemy from behind or from the side and kill them fast unexpectedly.

The early game stage is called the laning phase. In this phase, since you don't have enough skills to do anything much, you focus on farming minions by getting the last hit on them. Master how to farm minions for gold (look at how pro gaming athletes farm).

The mid game stage is when you start making plays to feed yourself and prepare to buy core items for late game team fights.

The late game stage is where all the exciting stuff happens, such as team fights, turret dives, ganks, etc. Your objective is to destroy the inhibitor turrets (the farthest turrets in) and destroy the inhibitor to spawn super minions so you can start destroying the nuxes turrets (the turrets next to the nuxes) and win the game.

More advanced strategies that new LoL gamers don't usually do are teams going for the dragon, baron, split pushing, etc. Look at the pro gaming athletes who compete in the LCS to learn how to do strategies properly.

Some things you'll have learn is how to farm, burst, what items are what, ganks, team plays, and some other stuff. If you want skill builds and what items to buy for specific champions, go to Lolking.com. The builds in that website are reliable and could get you started. Don't follow the exact order of skills to upgrade and what items to buy though, it depends on the situation. Once you start playing enough, you'll get the hang of what to do. Remember to examine all the champions in the game and look at what their skills do, because if you go against an enemy champion while not knowing what they can do, it's gonna hurt you. I've made that mistake while playing Annie and 1v1ing a Vayne. Vayne pretty much wins by defualt against Annie unless Annie calls her jungler to make a gank. I had no idea what I was up against, and that hurt me.

Yeah, there's a ton more on tips ans stuff that I didn't even MENTION at all, like smite stealing buffs and stuff like that, but you'll have to find that out yourself. Just watch the pro gaming athletes play in LCS, then you'll know what to do.

Spyce
05-31-2014, 06:11 PM
Lol double post ftw

There are a few starting tips you'll have to know. In the bottom lane, typically the ADC (Attack Damage Carry) and the Support lane there. As an ADC, your job is to get as many kills as you can so you get fed (which means you have a lot of kills, and with a lot of kills you get a bunch of gold, hence the term "fed"). The Support's job isn't to get kills, but rather help the ADC get kills. Give the ADC all the kills and just get the assists, it's a bad thing if you don't let your ADC get the kills.

In the middle lane, typically the APC play there (Ablility Power Carry) lane there. Mid laners have a lot of burst damage, which means that they do an insane amount of damage in a few seconds, but once their skills are all used up they'll be helpless during the cooldown time.

In the top lane, typically the tank/bruiser lane there. Your job is to build AD (attack damage) and a ton of armor to help suck up all the damage in team fights.

In the jungle is where the jungler roams. Your job is to place down wards so your team has more map vision and to find the other jungler. In the jungle, there are red and blue buffs that you can get. Invade the other side of the jungle (the enemy jungle) and put well placed wards there too. When you make plays, you gank the enemy from behind or from the side and kill them fast unexpectedly.

The early game stage is called the laning phase. In this phase, since you don't have enough skills to do anything much, you focus on farming minions by getting the last hit on them. Master how to farm minions for gold (look at how pro gaming athletes farm).

The mid game stage is when you start making plays to feed yourself and prepare to buy core items for late game team fights.

The late game stage is where all the exciting stuff happens, such as team fights, turret dives, ganks, etc. Your objective is to destroy the inhibitor turrets (the farthest turrets in) and destroy the inhibitor to spawn super minions so you can start destroying the nuxes turrets (the turrets next to the nuxes) and win the game.

More advanced strategies that new LoL gamers don't usually do are teams going for the dragon, baron, split pushing, etc. Look at the pro gaming athletes who compete in the LCS to learn how to do strategies properly.

Some things you'll have learn is how to farm, burst, what items are what, ganks, team plays, and some other stuff. If you want skill builds and what items to buy for specific champions, go to Lolking.com. The builds in that website are reliable and could get you started. Don't follow the exact order of skills to upgrade and what items to buy though, it depends on the situation. Once you start playing enough, you'll get the hang of what to do. Remember to examine all the champions in the game and look at what their skills do, because if you go against an enemy champion while not knowing what they can do, it's gonna hurt you. I've made that mistake while playing Annie and 1v1ing a Vayne. Vayne pretty much wins by defualt against Annie unless Annie calls her jungler to make a gank. I had no idea what I was up against, and that hurt me.

Yeah, there's a ton more on tips ans stuff that I didn't even MENTION at all, like smite stealing buffs and stuff like that, but you'll have to find that out yourself. Just watch the pro gaming athletes play in LCS, then you'll know what to do.

Noob.
Just tell me what Champion to use and what to do, lol.

I have no idea what you just said in your post.

Laar
05-31-2014, 06:13 PM
If it was as easy as that, then I'd tell you, but it isn't. LoL is a really complex game and just telling what champion to use and how to use it isn't going to take that far.

Spyce
05-31-2014, 06:13 PM
If it was as easy as that, then I'd tell you, but it isn't. LoL is a really complex game and just telling what champion to use and how to use it isn't going to take that far.

K play with me and tell me what I'm good at.
O wait, you got grounded.

Laar
05-31-2014, 06:15 PM

K play with me and tell me what I'm good at.
O wait, you got grounded.
I'm going to my friends house during summer. I'll Skype with you, I'm going to bring my Mic and my gaming mouse to his place, he has 3 gaming PCs in his room. I'll also get my friends to paly with you too, they're hardcore.

Reunegade
05-31-2014, 06:16 PM
LoL at this thread

Laar
05-31-2014, 06:16 PM
LoL at this thread
^^ I get it.

Spyce
05-31-2014, 06:17 PM
I'm going to my friends house during summer. I'll Skype with you, I'm going to bring my Mic and my gaming mouse to his place, he has 3 gaming PCs in his room. I'll also get my friends to paly with you too, they're hardcore.

Awesome.
I guarantee my friends are better.
One of them is Top 100 in a Chinese server.

Laar
05-31-2014, 06:18 PM

Awesome.
I guarantee my friends are better.
One of them is Top 100 in a Chinese server.
Chinese don't play that well. Tell him to play in a Korean sever and tell me how good he is.

Spyce
05-31-2014, 06:19 PM
Chinese don't play that well. Tell him to play in a Korean sever and tell me how good he is.

Orly?
5v5 rite nao.

Laar
05-31-2014, 06:20 PM

Orly?
5v5 rite nao.
I never said anything about fighting you. Either way, I'd probably win, but I don't have my PC right now.

Spyce
05-31-2014, 06:21 PM
I never said anything about fighting you. Either way, I'd probably win, but I don't have my PC right now.

Lol, so serious.

Laar
05-31-2014, 06:22 PM

Lol, so serious.
Not really, I think it's just you being a bit of an idiot.

Spyce
05-31-2014, 06:24 PM

K, seems legit.

Reunegade
05-31-2014, 06:24 PM
Bahahahaha

Spyce
05-31-2014, 06:25 PM
Requesting a lock.

Reunegade
05-31-2014, 06:25 PM
Requesting a lock.
Good for you.

Laar
05-31-2014, 06:26 PM
Requesting a lock.
Lol okay. I gave you some beginner tips, hope you like them. If you don't read them, people are seriously gonna go beserk on you.

Spyce
05-31-2014, 06:28 PM
Good for you.

Lol.

Zylx
06-01-2014, 02:46 AM
LoL at this thread

WoW what's with the pun? ;D

Roberto077
06-01-2014, 10:25 AM
lol wtf, I got a Galio penta yesterday, one for all too funny

Roberto077
06-01-2014, 10:29 AM
Lol okay. I gave you some beginner tips, hope you like them. If you don't read them, people are seriously gonna go beserk on you.

I see.... silver or gold. Your ego fits in there.

Bronze = bad players
Silver = egocentric
Gold = more egocentric
Platinum = bunch on people who get angry at every mistake because they want diamond
Diamond = mix of everything
Challenger = Good players

EDIT: Not trying to be mean. I just wanted to point out that ego will get you nowhere, and bragging about your friends wont do anything useful. Just play the game without harassment or argument and all will be happy and friendly :) (don't feed the trolls)

Laar
06-01-2014, 03:26 PM

I see.... silver or gold. Your ego fits in there.

Bronze = bad players
Silver = egocentric
Gold = more egocentric
Platinum = bunch on people who get angry at every mistake because they want diamond
Diamond = mix of everything
Challenger = Good players

EDIT: Not trying to be mean. I just wanted to point out that ego will get you nowhere, and bragging about your friends wont do anything useful. Just play the game without harassment or argument and all will be happy and friendly :) (don't feed the trolls)
LOL ya ik. I had a bad hairday yesterday, I GOT a haircut today doe :p

xlovableaze
06-01-2014, 05:43 PM
League of legends best game ever. If you only know how to play it. Its so much fun than anything lol. Of course the first try is hard coz u need to get used to it. I started as noob like everyone. But when i get used to it i became better and better everyday. Just follow the instructions and theres a recommended items for you to buy. Or watch the lcs games.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Laar
06-01-2014, 05:47 PM
League of legends best game ever. If you only know how to play it. Its so much fun than anything lol. Of course the first try is hard coz u need to get used to it. I started as noob like everyone. But when i get used to it i became better and better everyday. Just follow the instructions and theres a recommended items for you to buy. Or watch the lcs games.

You watch LCS too? Who's your favorite team?

Xenobiotic
06-02-2014, 06:29 AM
Patrick such a nub :p

xlovableaze
06-02-2014, 07:12 AM

C9,clg i used to like tsm but they suck now . Their new people sucks lol

Spyce
06-02-2014, 08:05 AM
Patrick such a nub :p

The noobiest (:

Laar
06-02-2014, 11:30 AM

C9,clg i used to like tsm but they suck now . Their new people sucks lol

I'm still a C9 fan, but ever since promotion series a few months ago I've been digging LMQ. Personally I don't like CLG too much, only person who I like is DoubleLift. Oh and yeah, lol TSM lost TheOddOne and Xpecial :( I HATE Seraph

Roberto077
06-09-2014, 03:01 PM
I'm still a C9 fan, but ever since promotion series a few months ago I've been digging LMQ. Personally I don't like CLG too much, only person who I like is DoubleLift. Oh and yeah, lol TSM lost TheOddOne and Xpecial :( I HATE Seraph

TSM is always my favorite, but I'm rooting for DIG right now. It's about time they smashed everyone with an iron fist

Laar
06-09-2014, 05:34 PM
I have to say, Crumbzz provides really good vision. And Shiphtur got a penta, and I'm fine with that

Spyce
06-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Team Fgt is probably the best.

Roberto077
06-09-2014, 09:55 PM
I have to say, Crumbzz provides really good vision. And Shiphtur got a penta, and I'm fine with that

Zion and imaqtpie also have great mechanics (aside from Zion's ego).