PDA

View Full Version : Pvp running.

falcomarcher1
12-30-2010, 01:28 PM
All you people saying oh, stop running.. I mean really? Your basically all hypocritical. Everyone runs!!! So shut up!! It's annoying when I get booted for running when it's 3v1 or 2v1. Airslash especially you.. Don't cry because I run your just a no name random. Just cut crying about running.

EDIT: it has come to my attention that everyone is saying running is "cowardly".. If nobody could run bears and any other strength char would be the best. That's UNFAIR. Also I'm a birdie and we dont necessarily nuke like everyone says we are, we are actually very low def and rarely easy to kill. It's just our skills and depending on if we run or let someone else tank. So in MY conclusion I will just ignore anyone who is saying I am a coward.

Edit: To all the people who think I run because I am a coward. Well here is the real reason, I run to Regen my skills and partially Regen some health. Running and the thing I'm doing is completely different I have checked replies and more than enough people do it.

skimmey
12-30-2010, 02:18 PM
Basically if someone rages over u is that ur lurking in the shadows while u teammates get burned and then u come out to do 1 weak kill. I used to rage over it but now iam fine with it everyone got different kind of style and attitude i think so dont be annyoed by it its up to them to deciede for themself.

cyprux
12-30-2010, 08:44 PM
i dont like airslash... he talks to me like his better but i dont even know him.

Ladylove
12-31-2010, 01:47 PM
Actually I'd like to point out that I don't run period. Even as my int pure at 35 or when I switch to mage on Ladylove, I will play on top of anything. So yes, I will criticize the runners. Running is unfair to bears and they're already having issues in pvp. Running is not necessary. I find it cowardly.

Pharcyde
12-31-2010, 07:44 PM
I am fine with running only in some cases. Like if you just finished a fight and are completely drained of everything but a few spells, id run for 1-2 seconds to let other stuff cool down quick. But people who run towards you then back up so you waste your combo really piss me off.

Ladylove
12-31-2010, 09:20 PM
Agreed about the combo pharcyde. I just freeze them and give myself time to get to them for the kill.

romgar1
12-31-2010, 09:32 PM
My ll lvl30 bear is always running... towards my opponent. So far I find that if I reach a mage or archer I usually kill them. Im sure that's not the case with someone like ladylove, but the mages I face now tend to freeze ,run and then firestorm lightning and heal if I hurt them. I like ladylove's no fear attitude. Rely on your 600 plus mama shield and high damage magic to win.

Ladylove
12-31-2010, 09:36 PM
^^^ I like that guy

Bigsleazy
12-31-2010, 10:16 PM
My ll lvl30 bear is always running... towards my opponent. So far I find that if I reach a mage or archer I usually kill them. Im sure that's not the case with someone like ladylove, but the mages I face now tend to freeze ,run and then firestorm lightning and heal if I hurt them. I like ladylove's no fear attitude. Rely on your 600 plus mama shield and high damage magic to win.

Whos your level 30 bear?

bladesword
01-01-2011, 03:05 AM
Basically all mynas gens dont know how to pm.

Ladylove
01-01-2011, 03:09 AM
Basically all mynas gens dont know how to pm.

Sooo random

Pharcyde
01-01-2011, 04:00 AM
Sooo random

Heheh hes talking about someone earlier in the post who said they hate being spam invited by mynas gens to farm. Hes saying that mynas gens have no clue how to invite like "Hey wanna join" but instead invite you nonstop for the next 10 minutes. I like the no fear thing but it really urges me how players boast about "pwning" you while they are completely buffed up and your running on half spells and no buffs. I may not be the best PvPer but I wanna be pwned fairly if I am going to be.

Mathuyama
01-01-2011, 08:49 AM
yeah like Robinhooood he always sais to me i mustnt run if i goin on like this he boots me but i say archers arent fighter for near.

Bladespinwin
01-01-2011, 09:00 AM
I also think so. archers are a range class. sometimes run away in right moment protects you from massive dmg. timing is all , if someone starts a nuke. archers need also some time to spam skills again cause the reload is very slow. if you dont move you get killed. think thats a kind of skill and not only run away. ok, but theres more kinds of running :D !

falcomarcher1
01-01-2011, 09:12 AM
I also think so. archers are a range class. sometimes run away in right moment protects you form massive dmg. timing is all , if someone starts a nuke. archer need some time also to spam skills again cause the reload is very slow. if you dont move you get killed. yea that's what I mean and people who 3v1 me is always saying coward for running?? Against 3v1??? Example: yesterday I joined game with robbinhooood and this Mage. I was on opposing team with both of em piling.. So I called bro and he came, we whooped em and my bro got booted, the reason was "I hate u" I then went 6-1 on both of em with no team mate. And got booted. Reason "___ u ya running ______

falcomarcher1
01-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Basically if someone rages over u is that ur lurking in the shadows while u teammates get burned and then u come out to do 1 weak kill. I used to rage over it but now iam fine with it everyone got different kind of style and attitude i think so dont be annyoed by it its up to them to deciede for themself.

Um you might think that but that's another thing ALOT of archers do.

BlasterBird
01-01-2011, 09:43 AM
Very good topic, it has made me come out of hiding.

My thoughts on running are;

If your in a 1 vs 1 situation and start running to get an advantage over the other person, like waiting until the person to use all the skills they have and then run back to them and nuke (not much experience other than birds), that's not fair to the other person and makes you look like a you-know-what.

On the other hand, if your in a group and one person grabs the auto attacks and runs while other people nuke. Like when SMOKESTAR does this in his groups, it gives a very unfair advantage to the opposing team.

I run around in circle most the time because i'm a spaz like that.

I will say, if you use repulse, that doesn't give an unfair advantage because you are using strategy AND skills to beat somebody else.

Also, first post :)

-blasterbird-

kobebean
01-01-2011, 10:21 AM
I have to say there's a fine line here. Running away and waiting for someone else's buffs to evaporate is unquestionably unfair. However, as a mage, I know my 400 health won't go very far. Usually in one on one fights, I run in a circular motion, going in and out to avoid the other mage's lightning attacks. However, everything else hits me. Also, if I run any farther off, my attacks don't hit and my auto lock goes off. I have to admit however, that bears are disadvantaged, and must learn how to use their attacks quite well in order to make their opponents stay close. Archer's shouldn't complain, as they have similar range and better nuke tactics.
-kobebean

Pharcyde
01-01-2011, 04:13 PM
I have to say there's a fine line here. Running away and waiting for someone else's buffs to evaporate is unquestionably unfair. However, as a mage, I know my 400 health won't go very far. Usually in one on one fights, I run in a circular motion, going in and out to avoid the other mage's lightning attacks. However, everything else hits me. Also, if I run any farther off, my attacks don't hit and my auto lock goes off. I have to admit however, that bears are disadvantaged, and must learn how to use their attacks quite well in order to make their opponents stay close. Archer's shouldn't complain, as they have similar range and better nuke tactics.
-kobebean

Birdies are definitely the masters of easy 1v1 nuking... The no skill required class to own.

falcomarcher1
01-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Actually I'd like to point out that I don't run period. Even as my int pure at 35 or when I switch to mage on Ladylove, I will play on top of anything. So yes, I will criticize the runners. Running is unfair to bears and they're already having issues in pvp. Running is not necessary. I find it cowardly.

That's very easy for you to say lady. Your a pally, the tanking skills of a bear and the damage of a pure int Mage. Unlike you Dex birds only have dodge buff and hit buff. Anyways when I was a rift bird I had the same attitude as you.

falcomarcher1
01-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Birdies are definitely the masters of easy 1v1 nuking... The no skill required class to own.

Archers are very hard to play actually I find myself changing my combo in the midst of a firefight

[Lt] Shiny
01-01-2011, 07:31 PM
No, sorry. In my opinion, runners are cowardly and stupid to think that they could when my fleeing a battle. When a warrior runs from my Mage, that just gives me more time to regen and pwn him a second time. BOO to all you runners I've faced so far. BOO! RUNNERS = GAYY

falcomarcher1
01-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Shiny;156665']No, sorry. In my opinion, runners are cowardly and stupid to think that they could when my fleeing a battle. When a warrior runs from my Mage, that just gives me more time to regen and pwn him a second time. BOO to all you runners I've faced so far. BOO! RUNNERS = GAYY
Lol I snt run because I'm scared of my opponent I run because I need time to Regen skills and some health

Pharcyde
01-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Archers are very hard to play actually I find myself changing my combo in the midst of a firefight

I got a birdie too :P. No matter how you put your combo, its still easier to pwn with them. Int Mages requires some pretty well put builds nd still get pumbled :P. My birds got a crap combo but yet I still got a positive k/d ratio unlike on my mage.

Shiny;156665']No, sorry. In my opinion, runners are cowardly and stupid to think that they could when my fleeing a battle. When a warrior runs from my Mage, that just gives me more time to regen and pwn him a second time. BOO to all you runners I've faced so far. BOO! RUNNERS = GAYY

Just pwn the runner :). I was doing a 1v1 with a annoying little runner, he got me the first 5 times in a row because he got me to waste my combos. I changed my tactics up nd heres the results:
http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab276/brandonb3/361b1be1.jpg

He was corner hugging and he would run towards me, then I would buff up then he would just run from me while my buffs wasted. So what I did was I went to the farthest top corner of the map and waited. He was forced to come out to the open, I also refused to buff until I saw him buff, because if he ran he would be wasting his buff too.

Christina
01-02-2011, 05:46 AM
I saw this pally cnlee before.. Love huggin trees

Brazzers
01-02-2011, 08:24 AM
OdhdhsvvLol lt.xbdhsk

Brazzers
01-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Do not care

XghostzX
01-02-2011, 11:08 AM
brazzers.....?? falco i mix it up a lot between falcompunch and falcoarchers so im giving a shot here. Assuming this is falcompunch when i 1 v 1 with u it was a close match to ten, like 10-9. He had a good strategy though. He used his combo ran to regenerate and attacked. I ended up using ice blast and firestorm quickly to turn his combo into nothing :D

*EDIT*- Since it's my understanding that i don't know the difference between Falcompunch and Falcomarcher, feel free to call me a noob :D

falcomarcher1
01-02-2011, 03:02 PM
brazzers.....?? falco i mix it up a lot between falcompunch and falcoarchers so im giving a shot here. Assuming this is falcompunch when i 1 v 1 with u it was a close match to ten, like 10-9. He had a good strategy though. He used his combo ran to regenerate and attacked. I ended up using ice blast and firestorm quickly to turn his combo into nothing :D

*EDIT*- Since it's my understanding that i don't know the difference between Falcompunch and Falcomarcher, feel free to
call me a noob :D

Uhm I don't think I have really 1v1 u and I only have 1 char if that helps and it's only falcomarcher

TwinkTastical
01-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Depends, are we running to not die, or running for buffs :)?

Pharcyde
01-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Depends, are we running to not die, or running for buffs :)?

Running to drain buffs and get opponent to waste combos :(. I think everyone in this thread has come to a agreement :D, running is kinda needed to cool down a little bit. No point in running into a slaughterfest.

ProSophist
01-02-2011, 07:36 PM
I find people who complain about running stupid. Not to mention hypocritical.

Everybody has to run at some point. It's a tactical move.

If you see a a Pally or a Bird coming at you who buffed from a mile a way, I wouldn't engage unless I know I have a fair chance of winning, an advantage, or no choice but to fight at all. Same if you had low HP. If I had a healer on my team, I'd probably wait for a heal before fighting again. Otherwise, I go all out.

Hiding is completely different. If camp out for last hits, that's when you really are a pathetic pvper.

Sigkill
01-03-2011, 09:02 PM
That's very easy for you to say lady. Your a pally, the tanking skills of a bear and the damage of a pure int Mage. Unlike you Dex birds only have dodge buff and hit buff. Anyways when I was a rift bird I had the same attitude as you.

what are you smoking you ran against me every single time when you were rift lmao, even in one on one, whats worse is that you treehid and said that "i dont make the rules" lmfao

KingFu
01-03-2011, 09:06 PM

Pally doesn't have the same tanking abilities of a bear, nor the same skill damage of a pure int Mage......

falcomarcher1
01-03-2011, 10:46 PM
what are you smoking you ran against me every single time when you were rift lmao, even in one on one, whats worse is that you treehid and said that "i dont make the rules" lmfao

Lol? It's called regaining buffs bud he does it too and my bro and countless other people.

falcomarcher1
01-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Pally doesn't have the same tanking abilities of a bear, nor the same skill damage of a pure int Mage......
Isn't it close? With Mag shield on and there damage is enough. Don't forget the constant heals ...

falcomarcher1
01-03-2011, 10:52 PM
Gee lady and I forgot.. U don't make the rules. I take trees and the ability to Regen buffs or as u like to call it "run" to my advantage. It's not like u never ran once. Give me a break.. Like u say "are u smoking?"

ProSophist
01-04-2011, 12:33 AM
Since when did tree-hugging become a noob thing to do?
It's a great defensive tactic to get out of LoS when people try to burst you down.

And there is no need to defend pallies. A decent skilled pally with full rift can kill any class 1v1, especially when dual-specced. They have enough armor to survive initial burst, and they can blast you down with one combo.

Unlike bears, who are retardedly easy to kite around and doesn't posses as much threat as a pally.

Corpser
01-09-2011, 01:44 AM
I'm sure we aol ran at least once stop picking on falcomarcher.

Ladylove
01-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Gee lady and I forgot.. U don't make the rules. I take trees and the ability to Regen buffs or as u like to call it "run" to my advantage. It's not like u never ran once. Give me a break.. Like u say "are u smoking?"

I haven't run since the level cap was 35 and I had no idea what I was doing. I sucked back then, but I quit the running fast. Just the first few games I ever played in when I had no idea what was going on. I didn't care if it meant that I died, I didn't want to run. I now have an archer (lvl 35). It wears a 2h. Even when I'm taking on damage I don't run. That's what repulse is for. No pvp doesn't have rules. There are just ways to play like a coward and ways to do the opposite.

Residentevil
01-09-2011, 02:56 PM
I haven't run since the level cap was 35 and I had no idea what I was doing. I sucked back then, but I quit the running fast. Just the first few games I ever played in when I had no idea what was going on. I didn't care if it meant that I died, I didn't want to run. I now have an archer (lvl 35). It wears a 2h. Even when I'm taking on damage I don't run. That's what repulse is for. No pvp doesn't have rules. There are just ways to play like a coward and ways to do the opposite.

Running is just that, a tactic, and a cowardly one. welcome to do it but you wont seem as good as you could be.