PDA

View Full Version : 8-bit Salute | We Did It! | Official Feedback Thread

Remiem
06-02-2014, 01:08 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=90944&stc=1&d=1401732208

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to post another big THANK YOU!! for your participation in the 8-bit Salute event in May. It was a phenomenal success and we had so much fun playing with you on the feed.

Now that the charity vanities have been removed from the games and we have our final tally, I am so proud to announce that during the course of this event you helped us raise a grand total of $21,829.50 to send video games and other goodies to troops in combat zones and recovering in military hospitals.

This is INCREDIBLE!

Now that the dust has settled I would love to hear your thoughts on the whole thing. What did you like? What didn't you like? Did you tune in for the broadcast? Lay it all out on the table so that we can make our future events even bigger and better.

Once again, thank you to all of you for making this such a great success. We can't wait for the next one!

twoxc
06-02-2014, 01:12 PM
A GREAT amount for a Great Cause.

Lagavulin
06-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Wow! Keep it up!

Azemen
06-02-2014, 01:24 PM
Wow, great job everyone!

Also I sent you a PM regarding a contest idea, remi

Prahasit Prahi
06-02-2014, 01:25 PM
Awesome....what I liked is
1)Ami
2)Ami
10)Ami...I'm saying truth

And a bit serious the good part is everyone enjoyed a lot...and next time make sure you make a list wid whom u wanna play wid.

~Prahi

asimauara
06-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Grats that's awesome good job people!

Azazahin
06-02-2014, 01:34 PM
That's great! Event today?

johnsr
06-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Whooop! Great job AL Family! Let's Support our troops!

otakudesuu
06-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Awesome ! Great job everyone :D

Kakashis
06-02-2014, 04:03 PM
awesome job!

spimeslam
06-02-2014, 04:14 PM
I had a great time running elites and being part of this event and I hope everybody did as well. Good job STS! Grats to those who got eggs during the giveaway as well!

cooletzzz
06-03-2014, 01:19 AM
nice! grats to everyone who participate!!!

Dehydration
06-03-2014, 02:38 AM
Awesome!!

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

Hoardseeker
06-03-2014, 03:11 AM
I Enjoyed the Whole Marathon! :D

But you left too quick :(

Pentavia
06-03-2014, 05:22 AM
Congrats! :)

Helicopter
06-03-2014, 05:37 AM
I fell asleep 3h after the start of the stream. I wake up 8h after, went to Church, went to the mall, and made it just in time to lose the giveaways ;D
Great Job STG!

Indonesia
06-03-2014, 05:41 AM
I had a great time running elites and being part of this event and I hope everybody did as well. Good job STS! Grats to those who got eggs during the giveaway as well!

What egg?

RedBite_
06-03-2014, 07:25 AM
cool! great job!!

IGN(Arcane Legends):redbite,warbite

Hoardseeker
06-03-2014, 07:46 AM
What egg?

Its slag egg as I heard

Lol @ sign

Roberto077
06-03-2014, 07:33 PM
What egg?

Many. There was a Slag egg and Hammerjaw egg given out.

Hectororius
06-03-2014, 11:27 PM
Congrats on such an awesome event and the funds raised are pretty crazy considering the size of the sts community!

Some things regarding the stream that might help future streams and events.

Create a schedule of when games will be played. Lots of players would constantly ask when "x" game would be played, and if it was played, it wasnt for very long.
Some graphic overlays would be helpful so that people can know what their watching or who they are watching. an 8-bit logo on the screen would have helped identify the stream better. This would have been perfect to use when you had to hide the game screen or step away for a bit.
I don't recall seeing or hearing much about the 8-bit campaign during the 24hrs of the stream. I think it would have been nice to have some of the 8-bit people available during the stream to continue on the awareness and event build up.
Use the in-game ads to promote the streaming events better. not everyone is one forums, and not everyone takes the time to check out the rotating banner. But I know I spend enough time inside the menu screen to know that I can play Battle Command or Star Legends :)
the stream quality could have been a bit better, it was really difficult to read text in game or sometimes make out what was going on.

I really hope STS starts using streaming more and more for their facetime vids and hopefully starts showing off awesome things like the current 8-bit salute tournament thats going on (didn't know it was happening? I'm not surprised).

TheMightyFeusalet
06-05-2014, 02:23 PM
i did had some fun with my own stream <3

Remiem
06-06-2014, 09:22 AM
Congrats on such an awesome event and the funds raised are pretty crazy considering the size of the sts community!

Some things regarding the stream that might help future streams and events.

Create a schedule of when games will be played. Lots of players would constantly ask when "x" game would be played, and if it was played, it wasnt for very long.
Some graphic overlays would be helpful so that people can know what their watching or who they are watching. an 8-bit logo on the screen would have helped identify the stream better. This would have been perfect to use when you had to hide the game screen or step away for a bit.
I don't recall seeing or hearing much about the 8-bit campaign during the 24hrs of the stream. I think it would have been nice to have some of the 8-bit people available during the stream to continue on the awareness and event build up.
Use the in-game ads to promote the streaming events better. not everyone is one forums, and not everyone takes the time to check out the rotating banner. But I know I spend enough time inside the menu screen to know that I can play Battle Command or Star Legends :)
the stream quality could have been a bit better, it was really difficult to read text in game or sometimes make out what was going on.

I really hope STS starts using streaming more and more for their facetime vids and hopefully starts showing off awesome things like the current 8-bit salute tournament thats going on (didn't know it was happening? I'm not surprised).

Thank you so much for the great feedback. :) This was our first streaming event (other than Face Time) and so this really helps out in making the next ones better. I wish I could have streamed more of that tournament. I'll definitely make sure that we work that into the schedule and coordinate it better next time.

Brutal Deluxe
06-07-2014, 12:14 AM
Yeah - I wanted u guys to attack my BC base but was completely unaware of the streaming thing. I struggle to find relevant BC threads using Tapatalk because it's all AL players selling 'level 15 Flaming Sword of Fire' and whatnot. Wish u had different forums for different games. Well done on the charity run though. Impressive result!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk