PDA

View Full Version : making gale force viable in pvp

dantus
06-03-2014, 05:46 AM
Id like to suggest a small change to gale force that could make it viable in some situations in pvp.
*remove the need to charge from protective current*
This would help Give the armor buff more uptime and also make speed of wind viable, at the cost of some damage and aoe range. This could help mages have a chance vs warriors and give us an out that is controllable. And ar rje sacrifice of damage can help with
Our extremely low defense.

Haligali
06-03-2014, 06:17 AM
It is a good idea, 50% is not much for a mage. The average 1000 armor goes up to 1500, same as a rogue got with using magma gear.

dantus
06-03-2014, 06:34 AM
It is a good idea, 50% is not much for a mage. The average 1000 armor goes up to 1500, same as a rogue got with using magma gear.

Actually max armor set can achieve 1431 armor
Magma security helm and armor doom pendant and arcane ring.
Buffed with gail this should total 2146 armor.
In addition to this i read somewhere that the developers are considering making the lv. 41 mythic gun add a 25 armor buff on use (stacking 5x for a total of 125 armor). Making a grand total of 2271 armor buffed.
This could add an entirely new aspect to mage play imo, interesting to consider.

Joncheese
06-03-2014, 06:36 AM
Id like to suggest a small change to gale force that could make it viable in some situations in pvp.
*remove the need to charge from protective current*
This would help Give the armor buff more uptime and also make speed of wind viable, at the cost of some damage and aoe range. This could help mages have a chance vs warriors and give us an out that is controllable. And ar rje sacrifice of damage can help with
Our extremely low defense.

Agree with this. Imo gale isnt used because some of the upgrades counter-act the others. As much as i would love for us to have a bigger armor buff i think that many would cry about it. Kinda understandable cos with higher survivability we would be a true force to be reckoned with. Why? Simply becuase we have insane dmg and dot atm... couple that with higher armor and sheild and honestly it will be hard to kill us.

Cant believe ive just said that but realistically thats what is going to be pointed out :(

With this being said it would be great to have a more ' user freindly ' wind skill, as lets be honest if you arent flagging spec you dont tend to use it.

Please tell me im wrong about my opinion though, i seriously would love to have a greater armor count.... all us mages would.

In addition to this i read somewhere that the developers are considering making the lv. 41 mythic gun add a 25 armor buff on use (stacking 5x for a total of 125 armor). Making a grand total of 2271 armor buffed.
This could add an entirely new aspect to mage play imo, interesting to consider.

Yet another reason to by the gun then.

Haligali
06-03-2014, 06:53 AM

Its still just an acceptable trade for the -100 dmg and -15% crit imho.

dantus
06-03-2014, 07:00 AM
Yes not neccassarily better, situationally perhaps. This would add anothet viable option though and definately make the mage class more interesting to play. Most likely in a pvp aplication gale force would replace fireball. If this was the case you would lose the range of fb and this ability would cause mages to need to play more close quarters and aside from damage loss this would be the trade off using gale force. Also making staves a viable option for dps, kershal for example.

JaytB
06-03-2014, 07:17 AM
It's kind of funny reading this. Gale used to be a great PvE skill too before STS decided to make it 'more useful for PvP' by adding that forward dash on charged attacks. It's funny in a sense that it seems that it still doesn't have much use in PvP, while it's made a lot less useful for PvE too (except for timed runs). What's that called? A lose-lose scenario? O.o

In the past you could get the armor and speed buff without being flung half way across the map and, personally, I'd love to be able to do that again.

So yeah +1 to your suggestion because it would benefit PvE too, instead of crippling it just to make it better for PvP.

Hectororius
06-03-2014, 08:24 AM
If anything, the armor bonus should be added to the shield or heal skill where it belongs and not tucked away in an attack skill that the closer you examine it, just feels like they threw together a bunch of upgrades and made them impossible to use in any meaningful way.

and the 4 second duration?

Lets hope the new proposed skill system will address some of these sorely needed changes

dantus
06-03-2014, 08:48 AM
If anything, the armor bonus should be added to the shield or heal skill where it belongs and not tucked away in an attack skill that the closer you examine it, just feels like they threw together a bunch of upgrades and made them impossible to use in any meaningful way.

and the 4 second duration?

Lets hope the new proposed skill system will address some of these sorely needed changes

This skill would have a lot more synergy if this change was made and tje buff wouldnt work as an upgrade to shield. The cd on gale is 5.5 sec the biff has a 4 sec cd thos leaves you vulnerable roughly 1.5 sec out of every 5.5 sec ( instead of 2.5 sec in between uses because of charge time) this simple change would fix this ability charge of you need dash or prefer the aoe version. Tap to maximize buff uptime.