PDA

View Full Version : First look: Goblin Event Pets (just happiness bonus and how to acquire)

Derezzzed
06-03-2014, 01:21 PM

So what's everyone think?

Zeus
06-03-2014, 01:28 PM
I want nightshade! However, I thought "leaderboards do not get rewards because of how easily they can be abused".

This is definitely contradictory, no?

scarysmerf
06-03-2014, 01:30 PM
U forgot to show little bear and dolba bear

Crowsfoot
06-03-2014, 01:39 PM
So it is -5 str and +17% damage for warriors. A little odd.

FluffNStuff
06-03-2014, 01:41 PM
What about the hunny bear?

tharidom
06-03-2014, 01:42 PM
Didnt check the stable yet (since the client barely runs) but they look quite nice (so nightshade will be for all addicted arcane users???)

Sorcerie
06-03-2014, 01:42 PM
I want nightshade! However, I thought "leaderboards do not get rewards because of how easily they can be abused".

This is definitely contradictory, no?I'm guessing there will be a separate leaderboard during the event, but you still have a point LB are easily abused. Not liking rewards for people who can create bots and all kinds of other game hax just to get this pet.

Hectororius
06-03-2014, 01:45 PM

This is definitely contradictory, no?

I have a feeling this "leaderboard" is going to be tied to farming bosses. which means its going to go to a plat heavy spender at the end of the day.

This reminds me of the game i used to play that would reward top players on the leaderboard with exclusive cards. was Big money. eventually it got really hard to even remotely compete for free.

Samhayne
06-03-2014, 01:47 PM
The event leaderboard is time limited to when the event runs. It tallies point totals for players progressing through the event. You score points for each boss (depending on which of the 4 bosses you are fighting). There is a vanity banner for the top 25 on the leaderboard at the end of the event and the pet for the top 3.

Limsi
06-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Banner? i'm on it! What a great event for players hoping to score some exclusive stuff!

Visiting
06-03-2014, 01:51 PM
So basically still for people who can kill the most bosses the fastest? *Cough* Plat Nubs? *Cough*

Ihateppl
06-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Isnt the name Major Payne already being used by World of Warcraft?

Kakashis
06-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Shoot but only 3 kills every 8h means they're top plat spenders rewards! I want that fire frog though haha

tharidom
06-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Guess shady and surge also will have something like this:/

Derezzzed
06-03-2014, 01:55 PM
U forgot to show little bear and dolba bear

What about the hunny bear?

If I had them I'd show & they're not part of the goblin event they're part of urloths assault (spring event)

Derezzzed
06-03-2014, 01:57 PM
Shoot but only 3 kills every 8h means they're top plat spenders rewards! I want that fire frog though haha

Agreed it sucks that plat spenders will get the best outta the event but atleast the other pets are really good so no complaints from me :)

Sorcerie
06-03-2014, 02:06 PM
Agreed it sucks that plat spenders will get the best outta the event but atleast the other pets are really good so no complaints from me :)Pet for who has the biggest wallet, though?

I thought that's what locked crates were for. >_>;

Derezzzed
06-03-2014, 02:09 PM
Pet for who has the biggest wallet, though?

I thought that's what locked crates were for. >_>;

Good point :P idk, ya never know, STS could change it up at anytime, it'd be kinda weird only with 3 people ever having this pet (unles the goblin event will run multiple times)

epicrrr
06-03-2014, 02:10 PM
if this is like tarlok event then, prepare to shell out huge chunk of plats for boss fights lol

Morholt
06-03-2014, 02:10 PM
Isnt the name Major Payne already being used by World of Warcraft?Major Payne is a character in the 1995 film, "Major Payne," starring Damon Wayans.
It's a pretty funny movie.

wvhills
06-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Banner? i'm on it! What a great event for players hoping to score some exclusive stuff!

get ur plats ready then! with the energy ball system the people who get on leaderboards will be the ones who buy the most energy.

basketholic209
06-03-2014, 02:24 PM
The event leaderboard is time limited to when the event runs. It tallies point totals for players progressing through the event. You score points for each boss (depending on which of the 4 bosses you are fighting). There is a vanity banner for the top 25 on the leaderboard at the end of the event and the pet for the top 3.

I'm a pet collector and non-plat user. I use plats from free offers only to buy plat-exclusive pets. So, I know I won't be able to compete for Nightshade and I really really hate it, lol, but Sam, could you consider make it accessible through other methods in the future? :D

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Legallyblonde
06-03-2014, 02:32 PM
When I first saw Nightshade I was like :chuncky: When I saw his description I was like :sour:.

Hectororius
06-03-2014, 02:42 PM

I'm very disappointed by this move. You're moving the game into the pay2win category which unfortunately is not what AL is about. It starts off with this one-off pet that is awarded to the top 3, and eventually, we'll start seeing more events with exclusive leaderboard content on a regular basis.

what you're doing with Gyrn on the hand is perfect. It available to all players, and if a players REALLY wants it, they will do what it takes to farm that egg, including spending plat.

You already have an avenue for plat exclusive pets through crates and stable purchases. Dont mask this pet behind a glaring pay wall, and worse yet, only have 3 available to the entire AL population.

Please reconsider.

Crowsfoot
06-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Can the leaderboard be divided by class? A maxed rogue who can solo the maps will be faster than a maxed warrior or mage.

There is little room for complaints if the lb is divided by class, in some way.

bramer
06-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Can the leaderboard be divided by class? A maxed rogue who can solo the maps will be faster than a maxed warrior or mage.

There is little room for complaints if the lb is divided by class, in some way.

Like between plat spenders and non-plat spenders?

Zylx
06-03-2014, 02:56 PM
So nightshade is only obtainable by macro-happy players and botters. That's kinda ridiculous. At least make it obtainable in some way after the event like in locked crates, or plat-purchase via stable.

Kadena
06-03-2014, 03:18 PM

Ok..I want this event Asap. Heuehuehuehue

mjrpain
06-03-2014, 03:19 PM
Nice of you to name a boss after me. ;-)

Iliketolol
06-03-2014, 03:34 PM
What the £#5@!! Top 3 players -_-

wvhills
06-03-2014, 03:37 PM
deleted

keikali
06-03-2014, 03:47 PM
So nightshade is only obtainable by macro-happy players and botters. That's kinda ridiculous. At least make it obtainable in some way after the event like in locked crates, or plat-purchase via stable.

This. I'd gladly purchase this pet via Plat and I'm sure alot of others will if its made available. Even making it available in locked crates would be fine. But limiting it strictly to LB is not a good idea.

Impact
06-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Imo nightshade should be a 150 plat pet of something and the winners of the lbs receive a FREE nightshade pet and another award or something

Derezzzed
06-03-2014, 04:05 PM
This. I'd gladly purchase this pet via Plat and I'm sure alot of others will if its made available. Even making it available in locked crates would be fine. But limiting it strictly to LB is not a good idea.

Imo nightshade should be a 150 plat pet of something and the winners of the lbs receive a FREE nightshade pet and another award or something

^this I agree with, first 3 get a free nightshade (maybe even nightshade eggs) while everyone else can purchase for 90-150plat once the vent is over, heck I'd even settle for lock crate eggs aswell

twoxc
06-03-2014, 04:17 PM
this is a little disappointing.

Energizeric
06-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Sam, when you say "top 3 players", do you mean the top player in each class, or the top 3 total. Because as has been mentioned, rogues tend to have an advantage when it comes to bosses. A team of all rogues would kill bosses much faster than a mixed team.

As for all the complaints, why the need to have everything? There are 3 pets here, and only one of them is being rewarded for the leaderboard. And from looking at the stats, he is good, but certainly not OP or any better than some of the mythic and arcane pets out there. So sorry if some of you feel the need to have every single item no matter what. I guess you are going to be disappointed.

Why can't you be happy that there are pets here for everyone? If all the new pets were rewards for plat spenders, then I could see you being upset. But people who spend plat work hard for their money, and they don't just wish to give donations to STS. Most of them like to get something for their money, and they fund the game that you play every day for free. So stop the whining please.

FluffNStuff
06-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Sam, when you say "top 3 players", do you mean the top player in each class, or the top 3 total. Because as has been mentioned, rogues tend to have an advantage when it comes to bosses. A team of all rogues would kill bosses much faster than a mixed team.

How long it takes a player to actually complete the kills is in the noise since you only get three free tokens every 8 hours. So unless it will take a Sorc over 160 minutes to kill the boss, the ~winners~ will solely be determined by how many more tokens a player decides to buy.

Energizeric
06-03-2014, 04:26 PM
How long it takes a player to actually complete the kills is in the noise since you only get three free tokens every 8 hours. So unless it will take a Sorc over 160 minutes to kill the boss, the ~winners~ will solely be determined by how many more tokens a player decides to buy.

I suspect the tokens will be pretty cheap, so the determining factor will probably be the time spent and not the money spent. I suspect most of your top plat spenders will just continue to run the dungeon over and over, and since they are only giving out 3 of them, time will become the issue.

FluffNStuff
06-03-2014, 04:40 PM
I suspect the tokens will be pretty cheap, so the determining factor will probably be the time spent and not the money spent. I suspect most of your top plat spenders will just continue to run the dungeon over and over, and since they are only giving out 3 of them, time will become the issue.

That could be the case if it is only 1-2 plat per run and a Rogue takes say 3 minutes and others take say, 4 minutes, it could easily add up to a No Contest Rogue win.

Morholt
06-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Should make the points given only for completing a maddeningly hard dungeon....something that is like fighting an elite enraged Inan, elite Ala, and elite Bloodhammer--all scaled to 41, of course--all at once, in a big map.

Oh, how the rage threads would be so great.

Anyway, considering we saw someone list 14 Ripmaw eggs at once during the recent event...it'll just be a matter of which 3 heavy plat spenders can complete the dungeons the quickest, while having the free time to play endlessly. That, or the best bot programmers that are heavy plat spenders.

Frekken
06-03-2014, 04:58 PM
I dont care for this pet. For real. Since its only 3,this pet is exclusively made for (already) op and Plat spender players
I saved a few from the bonus Plat offers, but use them against those hardcore farmers. Is almost impossible (even for op players) get that drunken wolfe

Hectororius
06-03-2014, 04:58 PM

As for all the complaints, why the need to have everything? There are 3 pets here, and only one of them is being rewarded for the leaderboard. And from looking at the stats, he is good, but certainly not OP or any better than some of the mythic and arcane pets out there. So sorry if some of you feel the need to have every single item no matter what. I guess you are going to be disappointed.

Why can't you be happy that there are pets here for everyone? If all the new pets were rewards for plat spenders, then I could see you being upset. But people who spend plat work hard for their money, and they don't just wish to give donations to STS. Most of them like to get something for their money, and they fund the game that you play every day for free. So stop the whining please.

You really fail to see the big picture and what this means.

I also hope I'm really wrong about my prediction.

Crowsfoot
06-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Like between plat spenders and non-plat spenders?
I plan to work my asprin off if the lb grants the arcane pet. You can pout plat and non-plat users together (obviously). However, certain classes have a distinct advantage over others when it comes to fast runs and kill count. I would hate to see a lb where my class prevented any chance at the best rewards.

basketholic209
06-03-2014, 07:20 PM

To be honest, this is the first time, literally, that I saw your post (which I always eager to read) and be disappointed.

Nightshade is, I think, the first real P2W element of the game. Even something like arcane items, for example: the ridiculously expensive arcane rings, could be obtained by any of non-plat users in the long run. I know it because I, along with some fellow non-plat merchers (and many more out there, I'm sure), have already reached it by merching only. It took gazillion of days, of course, but the possibility isn't zero :)

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Ravager
06-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Well this sucks. I like collecting pets.

Prahasit Prahi
06-03-2014, 08:23 PM
During event system we can enter the area once for every 8 hrs...as the energybar generates....so we can enter that map only 3 times

~Prahi

Madnex
06-03-2014, 09:24 PM
Well that's one more pet we won't get. Not sure why the transition for 250 platinum to top three in event LB happened - maybe they thought this will suck out more platinum overall?

Either make it available for 250 platinum at some future point or droppable from the last event boss as a very rare egg.

Azemen
06-03-2014, 11:01 PM
This is horrible - reward goes to those that play AL 24 hrs a day - may I ask what you do for IRL income then?, if you play this game every minute of the day?

conradev
06-03-2014, 11:12 PM
I'm guessing there will be a separate leaderboard during the event, but you still have a point LB are easily abused. Not liking rewards for people who can create bots and all kinds of other game hax just to get this pet.

Enough with all of the tears ppl...most of you already have or will get everything you want. I wish STS would stop pre-announcing everything because you guys just ruin everyone's fun with your unbridled theories and opinions. Id est "Singe looks too OP [my Samael might be threatened]" ...newsflash, we all still getting 1 and 2-hit in Elite Tindirin and if his buff was twice what it was we still would be. Singe is 12m Sam is 23m be happy, we will still be downtrodden by the AL elite upper class long after this event is over. You want the pet, do some work and quit being lazy, there are plenty of other in-game items to through your gold at and stand around in pier wearing. [see vendor in kraag]

conradev
06-03-2014, 11:17 PM

Finally a decent post...one that encompasses most of what I planned to talk about.

(If only you would've been so enlightened in regard to skill switching.)

Dex Scene
06-04-2014, 12:57 AM
Nightshade is so OP. I know I won't get it but I will be happy with grymr (that orange ethyl/ribbit). It will replace my pikachu pet COLTON ':)
Common guys try appreciating what Sts does you are getting something new!!
Congratz to the 3 future owners of nightshade.
Peace!

—AshDex

firechandra
06-04-2014, 02:17 AM
Very very exclusive things in game should not affect stats and so the strenght in pvp or pve of a player, please consider to give top 3 a new vanity like coloured jester was in the past, or as others said make nightshade obtainable in other ways or at least don't make him so strong, it seems better or similar to singe and ipotetically he poisons too as particle effets on him suggest.
The aim of many players is one day to achieve 100% pets in stable and this would be possible to 3 person only if nightshade can't be obtained in other ways, it seems unfair to me for people who played years to collect expensive pets and now they see their target disappear

Andrisber
06-04-2014, 02:54 AM
Who will do the runs for banner with me? :)

Haligali
06-04-2014, 03:04 AM

150 plat is relative cheap, mythic pets cost 250 and this pet stat seems better. What about make it droppable from event chests but at a very low rate, like talon or breezaga.

Kadena
06-04-2014, 05:59 AM
Who will do the runs for banner with me? :)

Me ^.^

cindersx
06-04-2014, 11:00 AM
Omg. I want nightshade.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Ravager
06-04-2014, 11:11 AM
Very very exclusive things in game should not affect stats and so the strenght in pvp or pve of a player, please consider to give top 3 a new vanity like coloured jester was in the past, or as others said make nightshade obtainable in other ways or at least don't make him so strong, it seems better or similar to singe and ipotetically he poisons too as particle effets on him suggest.
The aim of many players is one day to achieve 100% pets in stable and this would be possible to 3 person only if nightshade can't be obtained in other ways, it seems unfair to me for people who played years to collect expensive pets and now they see their target disappear

I agree with this.

cindersx
06-04-2014, 12:13 PM
So there's no other way of getting nightshade? :(