PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on all 5 Classes - Conversation

Kingcharos
06-03-2014, 11:44 PM
All of my questions are on PvE characters! Best for PvE?

Hey, I'm just wondering what everyone thinks on all 5 characters in their endgame best.
For about 2 years now, I've play as a Mage only. It's always been my go-to Character because of the sheer AoE DpS.
But, after 2 years of being capped and what not, I'm thinking of making a different main character. I should add, I have got all 5 characters to 50+ so switching characters isn't a problem. Anyways, what would you guys say to make me want to switch over to your favorite class?
Here are my opinions, try to change them.
Enchantress - Best AoE and AoE DpS.
Warrior - Best Crowd Controller
Archer - Best Single Enemy DpS
Ranger - Pitiful, I don't see anything.
Paladin - Like Ranger, useless.
(Though I do like the idea of a meele tank mage with res.)

Everyone'sFavMage
06-04-2014, 12:41 AM
Do you pvp

synfullmagic_23110
06-04-2014, 01:46 AM
I thought the title said
"Opinions on all 5 cheeses"
.-.

<3

Laar
06-04-2014, 01:51 AM
I thought the title said
.-.

<3
Wao l2read plox

Everyone'sFavMage
06-04-2014, 01:57 AM
I thought the title said
.-.

<3

I personally favor Swiss, but I hear good things about blue and pepper jack, never dis a bri tho.

Rescind
06-04-2014, 02:26 AM
I personally favor Swiss, but I hear good things about blue and pepper jack, never dis a bri tho.

I favor pepper jack

Oldcoot
06-04-2014, 02:49 AM
I put cheddar on everything

Hook
06-04-2014, 03:34 AM
Philadelphia cream cheese goes with everything.

Even with fries :D

programmed
06-04-2014, 07:05 AM

^^^

Promagin
06-04-2014, 07:03 PM

For the win :)

Trenton
06-04-2014, 08:43 PM
Since you've already done Mage, I wouldn't go with rhino- considering you've already played a fair amount of support. I personally love rhino, but I never played Mage, and after playing rhino, found Mage boring. Bear imo is also boring, and fox is about a joke in PvE. I would go with bird, being my favorite class, and you can kill like crazy. A maxed out bird (well 2 or 3) is always a great addition to a run :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Caiahar
06-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Since you've already done Mage, I wouldn't go with rhino- considering you've already played a fair amount of support. I personally love rhino, but I never played Mage, and after playing rhino, found Mage boring. Bear imo is also boring, and fox is about a joke in PvE. I would go with bird, being my favorite class, and you can kill like crazy. A maxed out bird (well 2 or 3) is always a great addition to a run :D

Was waiting for u to come here!

Sheugokin
06-04-2014, 09:59 PM

Was waiting for you too nub.

Laar
06-04-2014, 10:18 PM

Was waiting for you too nub.
Wao rektnub (bahahaha see what I did dere

Kingcharos
06-05-2014, 03:54 AM
So far, you are the only person to actually give some input. Thanks.

I know that the Rhino and Fox are both not that great, but for some reason.. There is a part of me that loves the fox. I know it's just the way it looks, so It's still worthless.
I agree with bear being boring tbh.

GAH.. Anyone else have input on ALL 5 classes?:thumbup:

Caiahar
06-05-2014, 07:29 AM
So far, you are the only person to actually give some input. Thanks.

I know that the Rhino and Fox are both not that great, but for some reason.. There is a part of me that loves the fox. I know it's just the way it looks, so It's still worthless.
I agree with bear being boring tbh.

GAH.. Anyone else have input on ALL 5 classes?:thumbup:
Bear: Easy to use, wont die often, is a tank, crowd control
Mage: Healer, Nuker, AoE damage, slightly squishy.
Bird: Glass cannon, very squishy, can do tons of dmg to targets. Also has some good debuffs.
Fox: Squishy, unless you're str/dex, can do a lot of damage to a single target, horrible at AoE.
Rhino: Extremenly tanky, not really good at AoE, least amount of damage of classes, highest armor of all, has most powerful heal, and also can revive.

Trenton
06-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Bear: Easy to use, wont die often, is a tank, crowd control
Mage: Healer, Nuker, AoE damage, slightly squishy.
Bird: Glass cannon, very squishy, can do tons of dmg to targets. Also has some good debuffs.
Fox: Squishy, unless you're str/dex, can do a lot of damage to a single target, horrible at AoE.
Rhino: Extremenly tanky, not really good at AoE, least amount of damage of classes, highest armor of all, has most powerful heal, and also can revive. Rhino doesn't really have the best Support heal though, it's not nearly as good as Mage, plus it has an extra 2 second CD.

@OP Like I said, I would do bird, but since you are interested in fox, it may not be the WORST idea. The only thing I would say is, avoid doing bear or rhino. Bear is just too boring, and rhino is support, just like your Mage. Fox and birds are fun, especially not using strength sets on them. Full dex fox is crazy.

Fusionstrike
06-05-2014, 12:52 PM
You could definitely do a bird for a change, which is a powerful class but has a different style for effective damage dealing than mage. I'm puzzled by the "bears are boring" comments, as I find this class interesting to play well. But I guess if you don't really get how to do the crowd control part well and just randomly spam skills it would seem pretty boring. I find bird and fox the most boring because all they do is pump out damage. Well, rhino is boring too because of how wussy it is, but it at least is potentially more interesting with its support bent.

Anyway, I'll stick with my bird recommendation seeing as you like mage for its aoe. Or learn to play bear well and dis the naysayers who think it's boring.

Trenton
06-05-2014, 01:50 PM
You could definitely do a bird for a change, which is a powerful class but has a different style for effective damage dealing than mage. I'm puzzled by the "bears are boring" comments, as I find this class interesting to play well. But I guess if you don't really get how to do the crowd control part well and just randomly spam skills it would seem pretty boring. I find bird and fox the most boring because all they do is pump out damage. Well, rhino is boring too because of how wussy it is, but it at least is potentially more interesting with its support bent.

Anyway, I'll stick with my bird recommendation seeing as you like mage for its aoe. Or learn to play bear well and dis the naysayers who think it's boring. It's just a preference, I like damage dealing, and I don't like being the one that everyone depends on to crowd control. I do know how, I just think it's boring- just like I know how to clean my room, but I'm a teenager, so I of course hate it ;) Just like you think bird and fox are boring, I do bear. I don't wanna be a naysayer, but it's just my preference.

Kingcharos
06-05-2014, 04:37 PM
Thanks everyone.
The reason I don't like bears, is because you always have to be the one tanking and crowd controling. And, if your random party are retards, you are pretty much screwed.
What are all of your guys favorite class and why?

Impact
06-05-2014, 07:19 PM

Anyway, I'll stick with my bird recommendation seeing as you like mage for its aoe. Or learn to play bear well and dis the naysayers who think it's boring.

I find bear boring cuz its op, bird and fox are fun cuz they take skillz to kill properly.

Fusionstrike
06-05-2014, 08:36 PM
I find bear boring cuz its op, bird and fox are fun cuz they take skillz to kill properly.

I presume you're talking about pvp here. I got the impression OP was talking about pve. My comments certainly were.

Per most recent question, I like bear best myself. It was my first char, so that's part of it. Then I discovered forum and the how-to info on good bear play and I learned there was a lot more to it than I realized. After practicing a while, I found it a lot of fun to figure out how to maximize my own performance and that of the party by deploying my skills well. I can see how others would find it tiring though because it's not as easy as focusing on laying down damage. It's funny that what I like about it turns others off; to each his own.

I would say nuke Mage comes in second for me on the fun scale. Although it's really hard to stay alive at higher levels, it's hard to beat wreaking things with a pure int staff Mage. Get a 3x combo and it's time to make some smoking craters out of the baddies.

Kingcharos
06-05-2014, 09:43 PM
PvE, guys! PvE!
I'm not all into PvP.
All of my questions asked previously were on opinions on classes for PvE!
I should add that into title.. :what:

Trenton
06-06-2014, 08:48 AM
King, I (and I believe Fusion) were talking about PvE, I didn't talk about PvP for a reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

XghostzX
06-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Rhino doesn't really have the best Support heal though, it's not nearly as good as Mage, plus it has an extra 2 second CD.

@OP Like I said, I would do bird, but since you are interested in fox, it may not be the WORST idea. The only thing I would say is, avoid doing bear or rhino. Bear is just too boring, and rhino is support, just like your Mage. Fox and birds are fun, especially not using strength sets on them. Full dex fox is crazy.

Yeah but the self-heal on rhino gives it +50 hp per second for a solid 5 seconds I think... as a tank I would take that over a mages heal due to the delay.

Oldcoot
06-06-2014, 08:51 PM
I enjoy each class, I just set my mind to play within the boundaries of the toon I'm playing. But I guess bird would be my favorite if I had to pick.

Trenton
06-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Yeah but the self-heal on rhino gives it +50 hp per second for a solid 5 seconds I think... as a tank I would take that over a mages heal due to the delay.

Yes of course for the survivability, but when you're talking about Support Heal, mage of course wins. 50 HP per second for 5 second is 250 overall health, plus the first heal which is around 150. While I've seen mages heal 350 to themselves, team members, and have a two second less CD, so I'd rather pick it, just my opinion :p

Caiahar
06-07-2014, 08:40 AM
King, I (and I believe Fusion) were talking about PvE, I didn't talk about PvP for a reason.

I am as well.

Regarding the heal, i think I forgot to mention the rhino has the most powerful self-heal. Powerful, not fast. Reason being the heal, and the 5 second regeneration.
@Ghost: I've seen and tested it, so unless i did something wrong, the 5 second health regeneration does not affect team members.

Rhinos heal itself without regeneration to team members makes it that mages heal is better than rhinos, for support at least.
Now if rhinos heal gave regeneration to team members..thats a different story...
They would take over the world ;)

I prefer shadow caves

Wow this thread kinda went derailed...i think? I dunno.

Kingcharos
06-09-2014, 01:59 AM
Well, I've been trying the bird lately.
(Level 60 now.). And, I like the bird because of the sheer dps and debuffs. But, as a main? I don't know.
I am trying to give everyone class a try, so I think I'll try the bear now..

yuxilor
07-11-2014, 05:46 PM
my bud endypwns selling lvl 61 or Orlok set if anyone wants