PDA

View Full Version : To the rich dude's out there.

Haligali
06-04-2014, 06:33 AM
Worth it or not, buy the new vanity. It not just looks cool, with the purchase you support the gold sink idea too.

thanks for attention :)

Keshav Agarwal
06-04-2014, 06:39 AM
what is gold sink 0.o

chitgoks
06-04-2014, 06:40 AM
its ok as long as they stay untradeable.

if they make it tradeable ... im gonna be pissed

Haligali
06-04-2014, 06:42 AM
what is gold sink 0.o

when the gold does not migrate from one player to another, it disappears from market permanently. its good to control inflation.

Ninjasmurf
06-04-2014, 06:47 AM
Unless this new vanity has some sort of ap it looks like a waste of money. I already have 1/12 of the jester vanities..why buy this?

Htiek
06-04-2014, 06:53 AM
I just bought it today, no complain, so far so good.

P.S. I already have 1/16 of the jester vanities.

Haligali
06-04-2014, 06:55 AM
Unless this new vanity has some sort of ap it looks like a waste of money. I already have 1/12 of the jester vanities..why buy this?

I think they ruined the jester with the cheap black-white version, this is unique and you support the game. :)

jeocapat
06-04-2014, 06:55 AM
Imo its not a wise gold sink.

Nobody wants the recoloured lepregoblin hat for 500k which is the "rich poor vanity" out of the three. Everybody wants the armor.

Is it better to make a few pay a high amount or make a larger part of the community drain the gold?
I think option 2 is better.

Make the armor 500k, the hat plus the glasses 10m.

Let the ugliest and most useless part of the set be the vanity while allow the best part of the set to be the real gold sink accessible to all average players upwards so a larger player base can contribute to the gold sink. :)

JaytB
06-04-2014, 07:12 AM
Personally I don't like the look, so wouldn't even spend 500gold on it.

Do you like the look? Do you like to show off? If the answer to both is yes, I'd say buy it.

Nitexx
06-04-2014, 07:25 AM
This is the dumbest gold sink. Only a noob would spend hard earned money on something which has no instrinsic nor resellable value whatsoever. This is such a half hearted gold sink it's almost sad.

If you want a gold sink, then you have to offer up something consumable that can be purchased with gold. Then people will buy and use it. Not something like potions as you need to allow farmers to still be able to earn money somehow. Easiest solution, make elixirs purchasable with gold, just make them very expensive. If a combo elixir was purchasable with 30 plat or 300k gold, you will see gold leave the system in a hurry ...

I'm guessing that elixirs are NOT the primary destination of plat, I'm sure opening crates is by far the biggest plat sink. Hence, why not make elixirs purchasable with gold. They are already dropping from crates and tradable anyway ...

matanofx
06-04-2014, 07:31 AM
This my idea, devs were just listening on our anti gold sink ideas on chatbox

The idea is that the very rich have a vanity to flaunt, vanity that cost quite a bit but is not tradeable to get some gold out of the players and back to STG
Right now i believe this vanity is the only item you can purchase directly from STG via gold and not platinum.

Each one of e'm bought fixes the gold sink a bit, regardless of looks (which i think are very unique and nice) its a good idea to support.

ClumsyCactus
06-04-2014, 07:33 AM
Only a noob would spend hard earned money on something which has no instrinsic nor resellable value whatsoever.
This is wrong... It is all about the looks, and the will to show that you are so rich that you CAN waste 10 mill.
But the rest of what you are saying seems thought through ;)

Nitexx
06-04-2014, 07:35 AM
This is wrong... It is all about the looks, and the will to show that you are so rich that you CAN waste 10 mill.
But the rest of what you are saying seems thought through ;)

That first part was opinion, not fact :) I should have specified

j3peaz
06-04-2014, 07:49 AM
A successful gold sink will be something everyone wants and continuously draws gold. It can't be something necessary but something to add convenience. Maybe something like a health potion that refills a lot more hp but cost more than it should or a gear that is consumed if gold is not spent to refill time. A one time purchase item is a bandaid on a hole in a dam.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

alexdroog
06-04-2014, 07:52 AM
Upgrading gear is my gold sink...

Hectororius
06-04-2014, 08:17 AM
Well, I for one love the Monocle and coughed up the 1m pretty quick to buy it with the top hat. I'm not rich enough to buy the vanity, but there are plenty of people out there that will by the vanity in multiples for the rest of their toons.

Cant just have one vanity after all.

These type of gold sinks are ideal. They dont affect the game directly in terms of playability but do allow people to spend their gold on something other than pets potions and gears.

Hopefully we'll see more unique vanities from Sir Spendalot in the future to keep the gold sink active.

Crowsfoot
06-04-2014, 09:11 AM
I'd buy it if it didn't cost half my savings. It is a shame that dope monocole doesn't match jack except the 10mil plate for warriors.

cindersx
06-04-2014, 09:18 AM
I love how the first two vanities look. But that last one for 10 million, I just find it to be an ugly vanity. And it's for 10 million; even if I had that much, there is no way I would spend it on some weird looking vanity. Also, I don't see what I would gain from buying this vanity..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Crowsfoot
06-04-2014, 09:19 AM
I love how the first two vanities look. But that last one for 10 million, I just find it to be an ugly vanity. And it's for 10 million; even if I had that much, there is no way I would spend it on some weird looking vanity. Also, I don't see what I would gain from buying this vanity..

Fake gold explodes out of it as a particle type effect periodically when you wear it.

Haligali
06-04-2014, 09:29 AM
Fake gold explodes out of it as a particle type effect periodically when you wear it.

you poop gold with it, me like :)

aarrgggggg
06-04-2014, 09:49 AM

I agree with you i think the 10 million vanity is ugly, i would rather have my forerunner set, and my cavalier set anyday.
BTW i have the gold handled axe, which is the only one that matches those gold outfits....Shoot me a price everythings for sale

Rare
06-04-2014, 09:49 AM
you poop gold with it, me like :)

imagine if some of those gold could be picked up by people around you. Like a money bomb. Just 1 or 2 gold.

Do you poop while standing still or only when moving?

However, make it look better... and maaaaany more people will buy it. Just to show they're rich. Having a title that you borrowed gold for is one thing. Having 10m laying around that you can just spend on an untradeable vanity... thats a whole different level of rich.

Zapix
06-04-2014, 09:55 AM
I bought it and have no regrets its pretty cool looking but I love when people try to collect the gold it spews out!

Candylicks
06-04-2014, 09:58 AM
I bought it and have no regrets its pretty cool looking but I love when people try to collect the gold it spews out!

LOL I saw one mage with it. Cute Zap u will have show it to us.

Titanfall
06-04-2014, 10:04 AM
This is the dumbest gold sink. Only a noob would spend hard earned money on something which has no instrinsic nor resellable value whatsoever. This is such a half hearted gold sink it's almost sad.

If you want a gold sink, then you have to offer up something consumable that can be purchased with gold. Then people will buy and use it. Not something like potions as you need to allow farmers to still be able to earn money somehow. Easiest solution, make elixirs purchasable with gold, just make them very expensive. If a combo elixir was purchasable with 30 plat or 300k gold, you will see gold leave the system in a hurry ...

I'm guessing that elixirs are NOT the primary destination of plat, I'm sure opening crates is by far the biggest plat sink. Hence, why not make elixirs purchasable with gold. They are already dropping from crates and tradable anyway ...
LMFAO combo elixir for 300k, you drunk or high?

notfaded1
06-04-2014, 10:11 AM

Something is spewing out...

tharidom
06-04-2014, 10:52 AM
They should have done a contest for making the nicest vanity and give that person the vanity as a reward wouldnt cost them anything and the thing would have looked nicer.

Tendirin
06-04-2014, 10:56 AM
I support this thread !

Kreasadriii
06-04-2014, 11:03 AM
yep.. agreed about the idea..
Some update replace the uniqueness it self, such as gold lepre and silver lepre..
white jester, and violet jester..
Why give some unique or rare items as a contest prize, then release it in different colour -__-

Rare
06-04-2014, 11:05 AM
They should have done a contest for making the nicest vanity and give that person the vanity as a reward wouldnt cost them anything and the thing would have looked nicer.

How would it have looked nicer?

It also wouldn't be a gold sink if they did that.

falmear
06-04-2014, 11:10 AM
They should just discontinue it after some time and introduce another one. That way it becomes more desirable because of its rarity and untradable. Any new vanity will potentially draw in the same or new people.

matanofx
06-04-2014, 11:11 AM

I dont think youre understanding the concept of why this vanity

tharidom
06-04-2014, 11:21 AM
I do sts is trying to get gold out of the economy (a gold sink).

tharidom
06-04-2014, 11:22 AM
Forgot to mention that people would vote for the nicest vanity (and I only care about the looks not about if its a good gold sink or not).

Layzi
06-04-2014, 11:25 AM
a potion that fills up ur life completly
and a mana potion two, would cost lets say 1k each people who love spamming pots would stack up reason why they wont have to click so many times therefore this is my prediction of a successful gold sink , and new vanitys in range of 250k-1m that doesnt relate to getting a ap or title bc gear in store , tokens , buyable from store is usually worthless so no one really buys elixirs in the other hand should stay buyable with plat only and rare vanitys for plat

Layzi
06-04-2014, 11:26 AM
They should just discontinue it after some time and introduce another one. That way it becomes more desirable because of its rarity and untradable. Any new vanity will potentially draw in the same or new people.
+1 :)

Rare
06-04-2014, 11:28 AM
Forgot to mention that people would vote for the nicest vanity (and I only care about the looks not about if its a good gold sink or not).

Well that's nice and all. And maybe a good idea. But this is a gold sink. That's its purpose.

a potion that fills up ur life completly
and a mana potion two, would cost lets say 1k each people who love spamming pots would stack up reason why they wont have to click so many times therefore this is my prediction of a successful gold sink , and new vanitys in range of 250k-1m that doesnt relate to getting a ap or title bc gear in store , tokens , buyable from store is usually worthless so no one really buys elixirs in the other hand should stay buyable with plat only and rare vanitys for plat

Can you imagine going into elite... and spamming 1k gold potions?

there is no ap associate with these. just an achievement.

Nitexx
06-04-2014, 12:42 PM
LMFAO combo elixir for 300k, you drunk or high?

Check CS price on tradable combo elixirs ...

Kakashis
06-04-2014, 01:12 PM
Wow anybpicson the fake gold?

Energizeric
06-04-2014, 02:17 PM
Two points I'd like to make:

1) making this vanity set tradeable is pointless since there is a fixed price on the set and it comes with a title. So who would want to buy the vanity without the title anyway...

2) I'm not particularly crazy about the look. I wish they looked a little bit more epic.

Layzi
06-04-2014, 03:07 PM
isnt tha what everyone does with elite now a days?:)

Tendirin
06-04-2014, 03:11 PM
people would scam it if it was tradeable..

epicrrr
06-04-2014, 03:58 PM
Apparently that gold sink is targeted at those 300m+ heck 100m+ owning people no need to hate em for buying it and showing it off.

Replacing that "gold sink vanity" from time to time will saturate the game with uber expensive untradeable vanities, not to mention memory and internal technical stuff.

Morholt
06-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Thank you, Epic, for actually understanding the point of a gold sink!

A gold sink IS NOT FOR EVERYONE! It is meant for those with unimaginablely high amounts of gold. 10 million? That's...that's poor people gold in comparison to how much gold others have.

A gold sink is meant to help fix the economy--not be something that effects players who can barely make enough gold for their potions.

Minimum requirement for being someone to partake in the gold sink: have all the gear you want for your characters.

The gold sink is meant for people who have EVERYTHING they could use, and now have just been gathering more and more and more gold. There are people who complain about only being able to hold 100m gold. Yes, ONLY 100,000,000 gold.

Now that there are enough people like this, when a shiny new item comes out that is rare, the price becomes imaginary...and you can only dream of dreaming of owning it. Look at the arcane rings. One with full grand tarlok gems...130,000,000 gold. You can't even hold that much gold! Trading max gold PLUS arcane items like Samael to reach that absurd price.

And this price is only possible because people actually have that much gold to spare!
If the richest player only had 80,000,000 gold, you would be hard pressed to see that ring sell for half that 130m. And then items would become within the realm of obtainable.

If you dream of having Samael...the gold sink isn't for you.
If you think the lvl 41 mythic weapons will be expensive...the gold sink isn't for you.
If you think listing a locked crate for 5,000,000 gold is crazy...the gold sink isn't for you.