PDA

View Full Version : Gold sink suggestion - weapon durability

Nitexx
06-04-2014, 11:19 AM
Have items degrade if you die. Whether PvP or Pve, the items lose durability, and thus lose stats upon dying. This will also incentivize NOT dying and thus be a tax on lack of skill. Items can repair themselves through crafting, or you can accelerate it with gold. Even gemming should be able to be accelerated via gold. This would be a huge gold sink. Wouldn't hurt plats as opening locked is still primary sink for plats. Thoughts?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

CrazyTank
06-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Honestly, I don't like the idea of durability. Sometimes I die a million times in a day, farming elites. So my weapons will be broken 24/7. I m sure most people are like this. Lol just imagine how much it takes to repair arcane one's.

Tendirin
06-04-2014, 11:46 AM
this would cause Chaos

Back
06-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Reminds me of Kingdoms of Amalur

Nitexx
06-04-2014, 12:11 PM
This would now also act as a luxury tax as higher lvl, more expensive weapons would cost more to repair, and also it would be added satisfaction to killing someone in PvP. The item would not be destroyed, it would just degrade down bit by bit to a base level. The last mmo I played did this and was a very effective gold sink.

CrazyTank
06-04-2014, 12:15 PM
This would now also act as a luxury tax as higher lvl, more expensive weapons would cost more to repair, and also it would be added satisfaction to killing someone in PvP. The item would not be destroyed, it would just degrade down bit by bit to a base level. The last mmo I played did this and was a very effective gold sink.

What do you mean by expensive? Price or rarity?

Nitexx
06-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Auto sell price. Actual price is determined by the market. It would be based on the price that you can liquidate the item, ie. you can sell a common for 9 gold, a legendary for 17 and an arcane for 1k, this scale would determine repair expense, thus dying with an Arcane will cost more to repair than dying with pinks. It will mostly effect those that buy expensive equipment but don't know how to use it. Hence, a skill tax. Don't die and it will cost you nothing.

valheeru
06-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Auto sell price. Actual price is determined by the market. It would be based on the price that you can liquidate the item, ie. you can sell a common for 9 gold, a legendary for 17 and an arcane for 1k, this scale would determine repair expense, thus dying with an Arcane will cost more to repair than dying with pinks. It will mostly effect those that buy expensive equipment but don't know how to use it. Hence, a skill tax. Don't die and it will cost you nothing.

not till servers are upgraded and mass lag fixed

cindersx
06-05-2014, 11:07 PM

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Andrisber
06-06-2014, 04:15 AM
-1b

Attack Dog
06-06-2014, 04:17 AM
+1 need more gold sinks.

Madnex
06-06-2014, 05:11 AM
Decent gold sink idea. This game needs more incentives for people to become skillful not just rely on gear. +1

Froxanthar
06-06-2014, 05:21 AM

via orange caramel app.

Wutzgood
06-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Bad idea. This will only drain the poor peoples gold which isn't needed ATM. The only people who need a gold sink are the extremely rich and if they feel there is too much gold around just dump 10 mil on a new character then delete it. Most of the population of this game is struggling to make gold now. Gold sinks aren't necessary besides the vanities they already did.

kjed
06-08-2014, 06:10 PM

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Crowsfoot
06-08-2014, 06:23 PM
Way to eff over elite runners...what do you expect us to do, farm locks?

Minus infinity

Energizeric
06-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Yeah, I don't see any need for a gold sink that affects common players. Legendary items are not overpriced. Even mythics are not overpriced. Arcane items are what are overpriced, so any gold sink should only affect the wealthier players.

Crowsfoot
06-08-2014, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I don't see any need for a gold sink that affects common players. Legendary items are not overpriced. Even mythics are not overpriced. Arcane items are what are overpriced, so any gold sink should only affect the wealthier players.
Exactly. However, more elite golden chests being opened will result in lower arcane item prices.

A daily fro EGDs would be a nice addition (Yes, I know my EGP daily idea was shot down).

Kakashis
06-09-2014, 01:55 AM
What's better is they should make it so that only Arcane items can be crafted back up to level every cap. 10-100m gold? It'll keep the weapons useful and sinks like no tomorrow! Inflation of weapons will only be a little since crafting them higher costs much more. The 10m vanity tax was nice, but let's be honest, 10m is chump change to the ultra rich. Make them hurt!