PDA

View Full Version : Magma of Security vs. Upgraded Mythics?

Trenton
06-04-2014, 01:17 PM
I've heard hundreds of times (exaggeration) that I should save my money for Mythics to upgrade, but are they really worth it? I'm a Mage, and I'm not much into PvP... I have Grimm and Shadowlurk and those are basically the only pets I use, so I don't need to save gold for pets. Atm, I have around 2m gold, and these are my two options:

A) Buy Mythic Helm/Armor, and upgrade them. Deal with my L41 Expedition Gun, and L30 Ring/Amulet.

B) Buy Magma Helm/Armor. Plus, I'll have enough gold to upgrade my ring and amulet, and possibly get the Magma Totem.

Right now, I feel like Magma gear is the better option for me, considering I'd be able to upgrade all my gear. The Magma of Security gives some pretty good health and armor, and for running elites, I feel like that's the better choice, BUT I don't really know the stats of the Upgraded Mythics, so I can't compare. Any suggestions would be great, I'm not saying that I won't go for the Mythics, but I'm really leaning towards the Magma gear. Anything will be helpful, just looking to get the best stats/survivability as possible for my low budget. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

basketholic209
06-04-2014, 01:28 PM
I only play as rogue, but I'll give my point of view as a mercher.

I suggest you to wait, at least until the Ursoth's Assault event arrives (I guess it's pretty close now), before making any decision. Either you choose mythic or magma, both gear will go down in price at that time, due to gazillion of locked crates being opened thus causing more supply than demand for mythic gear and also better event gear which will reduce demand for magma gear.

If you don't have that kind of patience, I suggest go with magma gear if you wanna play safe. Mythic gear is untradeable and that should be one of the key point of your decision :)

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Trenton
06-04-2014, 01:48 PM
I only play as rogue, but I'll give my point of view as a mercher.

I suggest you to wait, at least until the Ursoth's Assault event arrives (I guess it's pretty close now), before making any decision. Either you choose mythic or magma, both gear will go down in price at that time, due to gazillion of locked crates being opened thus causing more supply than demand for mythic gear and also better event gear which will reduce demand for magma gear.

If you don't have that kind of patience, I suggest go with magma gear if you wanna play safe. Mythic gear is untradeable and that should be one of the key point of your decision :)

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk Yes, that's what I'm waiting for, just in case the new items are better :P I'm just, for now, comparing these two.

Energizeric
06-04-2014, 02:14 PM
If you don't care about getting the achievement points for crafting the mythics, then I would save your gold and either go with the magma set or wait for the new event coming as it is likely something better will come out soon. The issue with the crafted mythics is that you cannot trade or sell them, once you craft them they become bound to your character.

Trenton
06-04-2014, 02:54 PM
If you don't care about getting the achievement points for crafting the mythics, then I would save your gold and either go with the magma set or wait for the new event coming as it is likely something better will come out soon. The issue with the crafted mythics is that you cannot trade or sell them, once you craft them they become bound to your character. Yes, AP points are not a big deal to me. I'm nowhere close to heading towards 17,000, my only goal is 10,000 for Paragon. I've been asking around and seeing that the Mythics are getting a bit more hate than I expected, and I'm still liking the armor that the Magma gear is giving. Still going to wait for Ursoth's event, but I'm thinking that the Mythics are out of the picture for me.

grumpy
06-04-2014, 03:00 PM
magma armors are coming down in prices (at least for rouge and mages). Their value will depreciate over time, but will still be more than the 0 gold you will be getting from retiring your upgraded mythics lol. I'd say go for the magma if you want to get some return in the future, They are a very good set and will serve you well in elite PVE. You will get more HP and STR but will suffer a big hit to dmg and crit% vs the mythic. But hey, a dead mage deals no dmg right??