PDA

View Full Version : New gold vanities - make it tradeable?

basketholic209
06-04-2014, 01:51 PM
As suggested by Falmear before, I think it will be more effective as a gold sink if STG replaces it with a new vanity every X months, so it will become more desirable.

And I think, in addition to the limited time aspect, why don't just make the vanity tradeable? With current condition, only the super rich people ( probably 200m+ in hand) will buy these vanities. Others won't even think about it since 10m will just disappear like that.

But if we make it tradeable, merchers (or hoarders, I should say), probably will buy some and hope to resell it for profit in the future (although I doubt the price will rise a lot since 10m is realistically insane).

Even more, some middle-rich guys who like the vanity but don't want to flush 10m down the toilet, can buy and wear it, and probably resell it for profit in the far future or just resell it for less than 10m if he needs fast gold. At least he only lose a bit.

And that will make a very effective gold sink.

So, what are your thoughts? :)

Disclaimer: I am a mercher, but my sole purpose for this thread is because I don't see current method as an effective gold sink.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Kakashis
06-04-2014, 02:03 PM
It's quite effective as it is. Just wish it would cost more like 50-100m and it looked more epic with golden lights and such. This method there is no way of the gold to come back which was the point. If you want it, gold needs to sink never to resurface agree with more of these styles coming every now and then, but untradable makes these things a sink to only those very wealthy or something for the rest of us to strive towards rather than marching and inflating Arcane / mythic items.

100m for a sexy goddess vanity that spills out blue orbs. Who wouldn't save towards that!!

grumpy
06-04-2014, 02:47 PM
i think if its tradeable it just causes the same problem of moving money around but not really eliminating it. A good gold sink has to remove the gold from the economy completely. It doesn't matter if only the super rich buy this vanity because that is still another 10 mil eliminated from the economy. The source doesn't matter as long as that gold is no longer circulating. However, you do bring up the valid point of desirability. What happens when all the rich people buy the vanity and no one else wants to spend the gold for it?

This type of untradable vanity gold sink will only work if there is a constant and steady emergence of a new upper class. However, this can only be possible if everyone has a equal chance at excess wealth. Given that the game does indeed favor plat spenders, long term wealth generally only favors the same heavy spenders and the few savvy merchers. From my perspective, the demand curve for the vanity will saturate much faster than the supply of would be buyers.

At that point, when demand has been satisfied, STS should introduce a new gold sink, either a consumable or another untradeable item. Otherwise, the market will inflate again. (this is assuming a stable game population of course)

matanofx
06-04-2014, 02:57 PM
NO!

basketholic209
06-04-2014, 03:17 PM
i think if its tradeable it just causes the same problem of moving money around but not really eliminating it. A good gold sink has to remove the gold from the economy completely. It doesn't matter if only the super rich buy this vanity because that is still another 10 mil eliminated from the economy. The source doesn't matter as long as that gold is no longer circulating. However, you do bring up the valid point of desirability. What happens when all the rich people buy the vanity and no one else wants to spend the gold for it?

This type of untradable vanity gold sink will only work if there is a constant and steady emergence of a new upper class. However, this can only be possible if everyone has a equal chance at excess wealth. Given that the game does indeed favor plat spenders, long term wealth generally only favors the same heavy spenders and the few savvy merchers. From my perspective, the demand curve for the vanity will saturate much faster than the supply of would be buyers.

At that point, when demand has been satisfied, STS should introduce a new gold sink, either a consumable or another untradeable item. Otherwise, the market will inflate again. (this is assuming a stable game population of course)

Hmm, could you elaborate about "moving money around but not really eliminating it"? I'm pretty sure the 10m gold is removed from the economy completely, because for every vanity out there, 10m gold is paid to the NPC.

About someone buying it second-hand, it doesn't matter because the first 10m gold has already gone.

For example:
- A has 11m gold.
- B has only 9m gold.
- There are 20m gold circulating between the 2 players.
- A and B likes the vanity very much.
- A decides to buy it and now only has 1m gold.
- 10m gold has disappeared from the economy. POOF!
- After 10 days, A suddenly needs money to buy something fast, so he sells it to B for only 8m.
- Now A has 9m gold and B has 1m gold.
- Still 10m is already gone from the economy.

This type of example would never happen if it is untradeable, because A in the first place will never buy it since it will only left him with 1m gold and no backup plan for fast gold, thus we have a potential loss of 10m gold sink.

basketholic209
06-04-2014, 03:18 PM
It's quite effective as it is. Just wish it would cost more like 50-100m and it looked more epic with golden lights and such. This method there is no way of the gold to come back which was the point. If you want it, gold needs to sink never to resurface agree with more of these styles coming every now and then, but untradable makes these things a sink to only those very wealthy or something for the rest of us to strive towards rather than marching and inflating Arcane / mythic items.

100m for a sexy goddess vanity that spills out blue orbs. Who wouldn't save towards that!!

You could refer to my post above for my reply :)

basketholic209
NO!

And why would that be? :)

Samhayne
No plans to make it tradeable.

matanofx
06-04-2014, 03:22 PM
And why would that be? :)

It costs 10m, the price is 10m, the idea is to get RID of the gold, make it vanish, give it back to dear STG

The only way to fix a gold sink is lessen the amount of gold hoarded up in this game, making it tradeable would just make the gold switch from 1 hand to the next in a vicious cycle of gold sinkness. I know you want to merch e'm but youll just have to pick any other item in this game to merch.

Iliketolol
06-04-2014, 03:22 PM

I dont understand a thing u just said, they make it tradable or not.. The 10m is completely eliminating from system..

Its a very effective gold sink, we are talking in billions here

basketholic209
06-04-2014, 03:26 PM
It costs 10m, the price is 10m, the idea is to get RID of the gold, make it vanish, give it back to dear STG

The only way to fix a gold sink is lessen the amount of gold hoarded up in this game, making it tradeable would just make the gold switch from 1 hand to the next in a vicious cycle of gold sinkness. I know you want to merch e'm but youll just have to pick any other item in this game to merch.

Just like I said in my previous post, tradeable or not, 10m will still be disappeared from the economy. Please refer to my previous post for a clear example :)

grumpy
06-04-2014, 03:33 PM
sorry got lost in my train of thought and was thinking of something else, saw a major dumb logic hole in my initial comment. Please disregard. for some reason i forgot the 10 mil initial purchase when I was reasoning it all out. my bad, brain fart lol.

aarrgggggg
06-04-2014, 03:33 PM
As suggested by Falmear before, I think it will be more effective as a gold sink if STG replaces it with a new vanity every X months, so it will become more desirable.

And I think, in addition to the limited time aspect, why don't just make the vanity tradeable? With current condition, only the super rich people ( probably 200m+ in hand) will buy these vanities. Others won't even think about it since 10m will just disappear like that.

But if we make it tradeable, merchers (or hoarders, I should say), probably will buy some and hope to resell it for profit in the future (although I doubt the price will rise a lot since 10m is realistically insane).

Even more, some middle-rich guys who like the vanity but don't want to flush 10m down the toilet, can buy and wear it, and probably resell it for profit in the far future or just resell it for less than 10m if he needs fast gold. At least he only lose a bit.

And that will make a very effective gold sink.

So, what are your thoughts? :)

Disclaimer: I am a mercher, but my sole purpose for this thread is because I don't see current method as an effective gold sink.

Sent from my SM-N900 using TapatalkNope never tradeable is the right choice, if u want it cough up the 10 mil
it does matter where the gold comes from, if someone with 200m buys it they should never be able 2 recoup their 10 mil ....
the reason is because it is people with that much or more that are currently inflating the prices on everything.

Unfortunately i do not think a 10 million gold sink is nearly enough to fix the inflation problem, that is a drop in the bucket to the people who are causing all this inflation.
the in game economy is broken and it will stay that way regardless

matanofx
06-04-2014, 03:35 PM
Lets say this vanity becomes discontinued, and is tradeable...

Ill hoard up like 6-7 sets for fun and later resell, people who didnt have a chance to buy it will hoard gold later and buy it from me for... 20m a piece and boom! more goldsinkness i just doubled my 70m to 140m

Just a theory for you to think about, STG thought about it before and thats why it is not tradeable.

Rare
06-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Just like I said in my previous post, tradeable or not, 10m will still be disappeared from the economy. Please refer to my previous post for a clear example :)

Hers an example.

Rich guy A buys the vanity.

Poor guy B can't afford it.

It's discontinued.

Rich guy A sells it to no longer poor guy B some time later for 15m.

Now, rich guy A just made 5m. There is less gold in the economy, but rich guy A now has a greater percentage of the overall gold.

This is just an example. We saw the exact same thing happen in Dark Legends as another example.

This is the problem gold sinks try to address. To narrow the widening gap between the rich and the poor. It shouldn't be used as an investment for rich players to make gold from. There are plenty of those already.

basketholic209
06-04-2014, 03:51 PM
Hers an example.

It's discontinued.

Now, rich guy A just made 5m. There is less gold in the economy, but rich guy A now has a greater percentage of the overall gold.

This is just an example. We saw the exact same thing happen in Dark Legends as another example.

This is the problem gold sinks try to address. To narrow the widening gap between the rich and the poor. It shouldn't be used as an investment for rich players to make gold from. There are plenty of those already.

Hmm okay, now that makes sense, in another way :)

Because before, I was only thinking about the most effective gold sink, without considering the gap between the rich and the poor.

Thanks for enlightening me :)

epicrrr
06-04-2014, 03:53 PM
I like its "exclusivity" purpose other than it being gold sink, making it tradeable will attract more gold to AL thus possibly making arcane amulet 150m <- laughable price to me anyway

Iliketolol
06-04-2014, 03:56 PM
Hers an example.

It's discontinued.

Genius :thumbup:

How about making them tradeable and never making them discontinued? That will keep price of vanity less than its original price and flush all waste gold from system... Am sure people will be rdy to sell their vanity for 5-6m ( 3-4m for ap)

basketholic209
06-04-2014, 03:56 PM
Hers an example.

It's discontinued.

Out of curiousity, what happened in Dark Legends and what is the impact?

basketholic209
06-04-2014, 03:57 PM
I like its "exclusivity" purpose other than it being gold sink, making it tradeable will attract more gold to AL thus possibly making arcane amulet 150m <- laughable price to me anyway

How exactly will it attract more gold to AL? :)

Iliketolol
06-04-2014, 03:57 PM
Out of curiousity, what happened in Dark Legends and what is the impact?

Rich became more rich and poor became more poor...

xlovableaze
06-04-2014, 04:12 PM
You can view the page at http://forums.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?93-Managing-CMS-Section-and-Content

I think, Sts idea here is the uniqueness. Having a different title and vanity to other people is just unique. Other people wants to be unique too. And lets say. These people who bought are probably rich. Even though they will make it tradeable, what will be the sense? You cant sell it higher than 10m but you can sell it lower, only if you wanna lose some of your money. You cant even merch it.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Tendirin
06-04-2014, 04:27 PM
People will scam others if this were to happen

Kakashis
06-04-2014, 04:44 PM
Hehe rare hit it right in the money. Are these things at least stashable?

In my opinion if you need to think about this vanity, you probably shouldn't buy it unless you're in love with it!

Wutzgood
06-04-2014, 06:57 PM
Sorry but alot of people will want this vanity and to get it may take months of saving. Having it change every x months would give no hope of getting it to most people that might.

Plus the rich will become poor from buying 10 million gold vanities every x months. And then we will end up with another recession topic about how we need more gold brought back into the game.

If you need a bigger gold sink than 3 different 10 million gold vanities might as well buy arcane items and liquidate them.

Energizeric
06-04-2014, 07:25 PM
If you need a bigger gold sink than 3 different 10 million gold vanities might as well buy arcane items and liquidate them.

How exactly does this remove gold from the game? All that would do is remove arcane items from the game. The purpose of a gold sink is to remove gold from the game, not items.

Wutzgood
06-04-2014, 07:43 PM
How exactly does this remove gold from the game? All that would do is remove arcane items from the game. The purpose of a gold sink is to remove gold from the game, not items.

Ok you are right but i have a better solution. Dump 10 million gold on a new character then delete it and restart. Do it everytime you think there is too much gold in the economy. Personally I think 3 10 million gold vanities are enough of a gold sink for the economy. Too much and the recession topic will start again.

Sdbigdaddy
06-04-2014, 07:51 PM
Here is the perfect sink:
Have an update. Players update and when they do, they lose pets and half of their money is gone, poof! Problem solved.

Seriously, make a real cool looking pet. Make it available in the stable for a large sum of gold like 10 or 20 million. Make it non- tradeable. If I have the $ I'd spend it on that and hatch the egg. Now 10-20 million is out of the game. The vanities are o.k. but you really don't get anything out of them except to say, "hey I've got so much gold I'm throwing away gold to buy a mediocre looking armor that does nothing for me."

officiallyjun
06-04-2014, 08:12 PM
doesnt matter if its not tradeable, at least we can see a glorious vanity, better than that.

Eski
06-04-2014, 11:14 PM
Easy solution.. bann the hoarder..

jiph
06-05-2014, 02:14 AM
This vanity is the god of vanitys too awesome I have

Madnex
06-05-2014, 04:08 AM
Besides scamming issues, tradeable gold vanities don't affect anything. You can't really merch them for more since the damn NPC will always be selling for the price you bought.

The current gold sink is insufficient. I would even go as far as proposing minor stat buffs on them to attract the proper attention; think about it, what exactly would a +10 extra STR, INT or DEX really affect apart from boosting their desirability to the appropriate point - I get it that they'd be wearing them all the time but so be it, wasn't that the reason they bought them in the first place?

basketholic209
06-05-2014, 06:26 AM
Besides scamming issues, tradeable gold vanities don't affect anything. You can't really merch them for more since the damn NPC will always be selling for the price you bought.

The current gold sink is insufficient. I would even go as far as proposing minor stat buffs on them to attract the proper attention; think about it, what exactly would a +10 extra STR, INT or DEX really affect apart from boosting their desirability to the appropriate point - I get it that they'd be wearing them all the time but so be it, wasn't that the reason they bought them in the first place?

Tradeable must be combined with limited time aspect as suggested by Falmear. If it's only tradeable, without making it limited time, I don't think there will be much use to it.

And +1 for extra stats, but should be very very minor.

tharidom
06-06-2014, 05:58 PM
They made it non tradeable so everyone should have to spend the gold for the title and vanity so gold would be removed from the game, they also want less scamming for this aps so making it tradeable no thank u sir.