PDA

View Full Version : Balefort "Lottery" Terminal

Draebatad
06-04-2014, 02:42 PM
Feature Requested: A lottery system in Balefort Castle.

Why: Everyone seems to want a raffle or lottery but when handled by players they are highly prone to scam, theft and general mismanagement. An in-game central lottery system accessible by all PL players would offer a no-risk solution to all players having a legitimate shot at winning "the big one".

I would be very pleased to see this feature rolled out to PL in the next few months, as I am certain many others would, too.

I would appreciate a response from STS devs regarding this request.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Kind regards,

-Draebatad

jhonaerox
06-05-2014, 05:32 AM
That is good but i would like only to remind about native cuz i download in my new phone pl and i redeemed all plats thire and i fallow all requirements but no plat give thats all hope to help me cuz i need it tnx Sts....

By: Fourgiveyou L.76
JhonxP L.75

Draebatad
06-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the support, but your issue is really off-topic for this thread. I suggest you contact STS support directly at support@spacetimestudios.com

Emagency
06-05-2014, 03:48 PM
I am the lottery lols

Promagin
06-05-2014, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the support, but your issue is really off-topic for this thread. I suggest you contact STS support directly at support@spacetimestudios.com

Lol?

It's a suggestion. How is it off topic?

Emagency has been running a legit lottery for a few weeks now. The devs have more important things to focus on. In the next 3-19 years we may receive a new cap/update :)

Thanks,
~Dillon

Draebatad
06-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Lol?

It's a suggestion. How is it off topic?

Because it was completely off-topic and unrelated. It's proper forum etiquette to create one's own thread with off-topic issues such as his/hers, as opposed to hijacking other people's threads. However his/her issue IMO would be better addressed through support, hence the referral.

I am the lottery lols

No, you're not the lottery :)

A well intended person taking on a lot of responsibility and liability and only gaining the buy-in from a very small percentage of the player base doesn't compare to an in-game lottery system. It's not even on the same scale. A person couldn't handle a large game-wide turnout for a regular or even one-time lottery - we're talking a lot of players, record keeping and gold stashing. And a person would get burned out pretty quick if there was a miraculously high turn-out.

Any official state lottery is truly random and the selections for winners do not get chosen by people. There's a reason for that, it's fair and not in any way subjective. I can't say the same for a "lottery" that is ran by any person, even the most well intentioned, and that's not in any way a jab at you. The PL player base could have faith in the fairness of a PL lottery system and the turnout would be volumes more. In the end, an in-game central lottery terminal is the only way to go.

Besides, you want time to game, not just to be a clerk running a micro-lottery ;)

Promagin
06-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Because it was completely off-topic and unrelated. It's proper forum etiquette to create one's own thread with off-topic issues such as his/hers, as opposed to hijacking other people's threads. However his/her issue IMO would be better addressed through support, hence the referral.

No, you're not the lottery :)

A well intended person taking on a lot of responsibility and liability and only gaining the buy-in from a very small percentage of the player base doesn't compare to an in-game lottery system. It's not even on the same scale. A person couldn't handle a large game-wide turnout for a regular or even one-time lottery - we're talking a lot of players, record keeping and gold stashing. And a person would get burned out pretty quick if there was a miraculously high turn-out.

Any official state lottery is truly random and the selections for winners do not get chosen by people. There's a reason for that, it's fair and not in any way subjective. I can't say the same for a "lottery" that is ran by any person, even the most well intentioned, and that's not in any way a jab at you. The PL player base could have faith in the fairness of a PL lottery system and the turnout would be volumes more. In the end, an in-game central lottery terminal is the only way to go.

Besides, you want time to game, not just to be a clerk running a micro-lottery ;)

Hey man,

I didn't realize you were the creator of the thread, it was 1:30 am when I posted that yesterday and my mind was sleeping :p
The way I saw it was Jhon was the creator of the thread and you responded that it was off-topic. I hope you will accept my apology.

Thanks,
~Dillon

Draebatad
06-05-2014, 11:22 PM
It's all good, bro :)

Emagency
06-06-2014, 07:54 PM
I assure you that my raffle is 100% random, and not a selective event. Just making sure that is clear lol

Healmod
06-06-2014, 10:52 PM
I assure you that my raffle is 100% random, and not a selective event. Just making sure that is clear lol

I agree with this statement LOL