PDA

View Full Version : WHY [Wild Talisman of Will] DOES NOT add the Damage attribute addition ??

Antidoze
06-04-2014, 07:05 PM
Wild Talisman of Potency - 3.0dmg and 81 armor

Wild Talisman of Brutality - 3.0dmg and 81 armor

Wild Talisman of Will - ONLY adds 131 armor (NO DAMAGE??)

Will that be corrected or it is supposed to be like this only?

If it is supposed to like that then warrior Talisman is really underpowered as compared to the other two !!

grumpy
06-04-2014, 07:17 PM
Probably because of the obvious fact that the will version is a warrior amulet and sts decided to give them more armor in favor of DMG since you know.. Warriors tank? Its no error I'm pretty sure.

Ravager
06-04-2014, 07:55 PM
Both the rogue and mage talisman are competitive to the lunar and the fang. This warrior version of the talisman, with the lack of dmg, is not competitive to the doom. I agree with antidoze.

Tendirin
06-04-2014, 07:56 PM
ughhh these items lol

Antidoze
06-04-2014, 07:56 PM
Now as we knw doom gave armor(+48) & Dmg.
Talisman is supposed to be the better amulet if we compare..
But in warriors case..they have to sacrifice their dmg for additional 87 armor..(SO WE CAN SAY DOOM and Talisman of Will are comparable..and almost equal)

And now if we see mages n rogues..They r getting Better Dmg..and additional 80+ armor too..! (MAKING TALISMAN OF POTENCY AND BRUTALITY much much Better than Fang and Lunar)

So how can u say tht its justified??

ALL CLASSES ARE GETTING 80+ addition in armor with this Talisman.

THEN WHY WARRIORS ARE GETTING REDUCTION IN THEIR DAMAGE..and the other 2 classes are GETTING ADDITION IN THEIR DAMAGE respectively ?!

Impact
06-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Now as we knw doom gave armor(+48) & Dmg.
Talisman is supposed to be the better amulet if we compare..
But in warriors case..they have to sacrifice their dmg for additional 87 armor..(SO WE CAN SAY DOOM and Talisman of Will are comparable..and almost equal)

And now if we see mages n rogues..They r getting Better Dmg..and additional 80+ armor too..! (MAKING TALISMAN OF POTENCY AND BRUTALITY much much Better than Fang and Lunar)

THEN WHY WARRIORS ARE GETTING REDUCTION IN THEIR DAMAGE..and the other 2 classes are GETTING ADDITION IN THEIR DAMAGE respectively ?!
To balance out warriors hp and armour from their high dmg.

Antidoze
06-04-2014, 08:16 PM
By reducing the damage..armor n hp effectiveness is reduced ??

Sorry buddy..no offence..but ur Reply dint make sense !!

Madnex
06-04-2014, 10:01 PM
I think the extra armor compensates for the lack of damage.

Warriors have received numerous damage buffs both as global buffs (5% on PvP) and weapon-specific (10% on claymores) while the other two classes either got no buffs and ridiculous arcane weapons to keep up (sorcerers) or have received heavy damage debuffs (rogues not only have a set 10% damage debuff but also any damage pet doesn't currently work either).

I don't this this was an unreasonable move to limit the warrior damage which has been climbing faster than intended.

Midievalmodel
06-04-2014, 11:52 PM
I think the extra armor compensates for the lack of damage.

Warriors have received numerous damage buffs both as global buffs (5% on PvP) and weapon-specific (10% on claymores) while the other two classes either got no buffs and ridiculous arcane weapons to keep up (sorcerers) or have received heavy damage debuffs (rogues not only have a set 10% damage debuff but also any damage pet doesn't currently work either).

I don't this this was an unreasonable move to limit the warrior damage which has been climbing faster than intended.

If STG felt that warriors damage has increased a little too much in PVP to their liking and they wanted to nerf us they should do it by slightly decreasing the damage buff they provided for warriors in PVP specifically. Trying to nerf a certain class in PVP by giving them a disadvantaged worse version of an item is unfair. Why? Because people PVE as well and they would also like to have a amulet that is on par with the rogues and mages for PVE.

Some may argue well the ring provides increase armor so its good for tanking. Well some warriros in PVE also care about damage as well. Its unfair to them. Some warriors like doing fast elite runs because time is money. Also it has already been mentioned that the rogue and mage amulets have increase armor (80 armor) and slightly decreased damage to 3.0 compared to their lvl 31 mythic amulets. While we warriors only got increased armor (90 armor) but they completely took away our 3.0 damage compared to the lvl 31 mythic doom amulet......instead of reducing it to like 2.5 damage like they should of.

Madnex
06-05-2014, 12:41 AM
Correct but look at the new mythics; mere shadows of the expected versions, statistically speaking. Maybe changing the new items instead of more fundamental aspects of the three classes is the new approach to class balance.

On the other hand, considering the new amulets have stuff like 1 health stat, this could very well be something they forgot to add.

Midievalmodel
06-05-2014, 01:24 AM
Correct but look at the new mythics; mere shadows of the expected versions, statistically speaking. Maybe changing the new items instead of more fundamental aspects of the three classes is the new approach to class balance.

On the other hand, considering the new amulets have stuff like 1 health stat, this could very well be something they forgot to add.

yeah good point. I gotta admit that is quite odd that they had +1 health as a stat boost. Possibly this +1 health will save me from being one shot killed by elite tindrin bosses.

Anarchial
06-05-2014, 01:32 AM
yeah good point. I gotta admit that is quite odd that they had +1 health as a stat boost. Possibly this +1 health will save me from being one shot killed by elite tindrin bosses.

I am telling you that 1 health is OP.

Cero
06-05-2014, 02:21 AM

I am telling you that 1 health is OP.

Lol, 1Health FTW!!!!
Boss hits 2k crit but you got 2001Health because of talisman. GG:P

@topic,
how much dmg does +25 str and +25Dex adds to warrior?
I would like someone to calculate this for me:P
I suck at doing those calculations.
Maybe those stat proc helps balance out the dmg lost for A temporary stat boost.

Antidoze
06-05-2014, 02:22 AM
The new mythic weapons which will be available in cming time..Rogues again will have an Over Powered bow..Mages will have their Gun..which will serve em really well.
BUT for tanks..Upgraded Version of Pavise will be thr..which for most of the tanks is USELESS..300 armor is good but it will have very less Dmg and Dps..making it an Underpowered Weapon.
At lvl 31 cap..those who cud not afford MAUL..preffered using Legendary Weapons isntead of Pavise..!
So is it fair to continuously Reduce warrior Damage??

Antidoze
06-05-2014, 02:24 AM
@ Cero
But bro those buffs will be thr for Rogues and Mages too..it wont balance anything according to me.

Cero
06-05-2014, 02:38 AM
@ Cero
But bro those buffs will be thr for Rogues and Mages too..it wont balance anything according to me.

Oh my focus was only for
Doom VS Talisman of will.
Well, talisman of will surely gives less dmg than the others. The main two things affected by having low dmg are killing and healing capability.

Low dmg = low kills and weak heals:/

Madnex
06-05-2014, 03:44 AM
Just be a damn tank then! Warriors are supposed to absorb damage and protect the party, not get equal kills with the damage dealing classes like rogues and sorcerers!

This goes out for sorcerers complaining about their squeeshiness due to low armor and HP as well - you're supposed to support the party from distance by limiting the opposite group's movements while dealing decent damage - not rambo rush and get all the kills.

In the end, there can never be true class balance as the people request it because each class has its own strong and weak points by default.

TL;DR: No damage-cookie for you this time warriors!

deadcobain
06-05-2014, 03:59 AM
Just be a damn tank then! Warriors are supposed to absorb damage and protect the party, not get equal kills with the damage dealing classes like rogues and sorcerers!

This goes out for sorcerers complaining about their squeeshiness due to low armor and HP as well - you're supposed to support the party from distance by limiting the opposite group's movements while dealing decent damage - not rambo rush and get all the kills.

In the end, there can never be true class balance as the people request it because each class has its own strong and weak points by default.

This.

More people need to know it.

Haligali
06-05-2014, 04:10 AM
Warriors dominate al pvp since the beginning, best arcane weapon etc, only some rogues can give you hard time in 1-1.

And still complain that one event item does not have dmg in stats??

Now imagine how rogues feel that their arcane weapon only last 1 and 1/2 season, or mages about their crap arcane wep which cost half of gold cap .. zzz

Anarchial
06-05-2014, 06:48 AM

Just a FYI: There are no tanks in pvp. Its either kill or be killed. With tanking gear we will keep on fighting but get no kills.

Now before you jump to other classes, here is my view
Mages have low armor but its high dmg and skills can kill others and not to forget the shield spell of mages.
Rouges are optimally built for everything.

So from my stand point mages and rouges get high kills now even higher kills than warriors.
So when u say us to stick to tanking it shows incomplete research and lack of knowledge on your part.

P.s. its definitely good for pve but not at all good for pvp.

MaestroMaster
06-05-2014, 07:12 AM

Idk bout mages but no, rogues are not getting higher damage from the ammy in fact we lose damage and 3%crit. In exchange for 80armor? So we tank better? I for one would not trade crit for armor. Look at the proc, chance on take damage to proc. Idk bout other rogues bout I doubt I would be able to survive if I'm taking all d damage. Wars on the other hand are meant to take damage or maybe I'm wrong....

Madnex
06-05-2014, 07:23 AM
That's because PvP is not being played as it was originally thought out to be. If you haven't noticed, there are no 1v1 arenas or areas specifically designed for that kind of duels. Why? Because they didn't design the skills and attributes based on the 1v1 point of view that you are looking and judging from; they designed PvP to be played as team versus team fights.

So no, warriors should not be or expect to be winning on 1v1 against rogues in any case - rogues are built for extremely high damage against a single target while warriors are built for sustaining damage over multiple. The subsequent debuffs on rogues and buffs on warriors were only applied after observing that people on a player versus player environment prefered to blindly go solo for the kill instead of strategizing and playing it out as a team - something that brought out the rogue's advantageous points alone and started off this cry for class rebalancing three seasons back.

Antidoze
06-05-2014, 07:41 AM
After ready all this..i guess this wont end ever..cuz we all have some valid points.
And regarding Ramboing arnd..warriors nly get lucky kills in ctf..5v5 game..and if we lose dmg further..we wont be getting any kills..n i guess every warrior will have problem maintaining their kdr then.
Cuz all they will get is increment in deaths..and barely any kills.

Antidoze
06-05-2014, 07:43 AM
And thanx everyone for sharing ur views !!
:)

flluby2
06-05-2014, 02:12 PM
If STG felt that warriors damage has increased a little too much in PVP to their liking and they wanted to nerf us they should do it by slightly decreasing the damage buff they provided for warriors in PVP specifically. Trying to nerf a certain class in PVP by giving them a disadvantaged worse version of an item is unfair. Why? Because people PVE as well and they would also like to have a amulet that is on par with the rogues and mages for PVE.

Some may argue well the ring provides increase armor so its good for tanking. Well some warriros in PVE also care about damage as well. Its unfair to them. Some warriors like doing fast elite runs because time is money. Also it has already been mentioned that the rogue and mage amulets have increase armor (80 armor) and slightly decreased damage to 3.0 compared to their lvl 31 mythic amulets. While we warriors only got increased armor (90 armor) but they completely took away our 3.0 damage compared to the lvl 31 mythic doom amulet......instead of reducing it to like 2.5 damage like they should of.

It's been so frustrating doing pve with warrior, what with km3 run wanting all mages party, shuyal arena wanting all rogues party. Who needs a low damage tanker really. Though I personally prefer those walls and pavise rather than the 2H weapon cos of the stuns, I see party leaving immediately if I wield those.
And with elixir ticking, time is money, even warrior needs their damage.
To all those that says warrior don't need any further damage, go party up with low damage and all armor warrior, how would you like that!

Ravager
06-05-2014, 02:35 PM
Maybe remove armor on rogue and mage amulet. That would make the warriors feel like we are not getting the shorter end.

flluby2
06-05-2014, 03:04 PM
Maybe remove armor on rogue and mage amulet. That would make the warriors feel like we are not getting the shorter end.

That would be a worse idea. Weakening the attributes of the item people spend 175 tokens on? This is also the item that requires the highest tokens in this event. People expect good solid items, not some trash legendaries that we could farm anytime on the map or popping chests.

Impact
06-05-2014, 03:13 PM

Ikr its like pl bear all over agian, they
Have the highest dmg buff WHILE having most armour, health and tanking while nuking abilities.

Madnex
06-05-2014, 03:22 PM
If they did that, no one would ever consider swapping it for the foreverlasting mythic amulets.

The main reason I believe warriors didn't get the damage too is because of how the proc on the amulet operates; it's practically a copy paste off Pavise's proc which means the more you get hit the higher chances you have to proc. Comparing the damage taken on both PvE and PvP between warriors and the other two classes, it's clear who's favored here. If that's not compensation enough, what is?

Ravager
06-05-2014, 04:57 PM

That would be a worse idea. Weakening the attributes of the item people spend 175 tokens on? This is also the item that requires the highest tokens in this event. People expect good solid items, not some trash legendaries that we could farm anytime on the map or popping chests.

Possibly. But the situation here is raised armor and lowered damage for warriors. Thats 2 hits on warrior dmg output in pvp both at the same time. Ridiculous as it sounds, if this keeps up, warriors will be using brutality rogue and mage gear for a possible dmg increase.

It just needs to follow the trend of mythic amulets. Mythic ring also granted equality for all. We need some equality on this front too.

Madnex
06-06-2014, 12:38 AM
Possibly. But the situation here is raised armor and lowered damage for warriors. Thats 2 hits on warrior dmg output in pvp both at the same time. Ridiculous as it sounds, if this keeps up, warriors will be using brutality rogue and mage gear for a possible dmg increase.

It just needs to follow the trend of mythic amulets. Mythic ring also granted equality for all. We need some equality on this front too.
Read my post sir. This specific amulet proc favors warrior class, it's normal that there would be a downside to grant equality on new amulets as you mention. ;)

Haligali
06-06-2014, 04:46 AM
Warriors got the best weapon again...

Ravager
06-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Read my post sir. This specific amulet proc favors warrior class, it's normal that there would be a downside to grant equality on new amulets as you mention. ;)

In regards to the proc, yeah I would agree. The amulet of doom is still far better and will be preferred when compared to this. Rogues and mages will have the option to choose to alternate to the new amulets depending on situations.