PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for future "EVENTS"

Energizeric
06-05-2014, 01:23 AM
The big complaint everyone has about this event has to do with how you can just buy your way up the event leaderboard. The amount of plat needed to be near the top of the leaderboard with this Goblin event is crazy. Within 10 hours of the event starting, we already have a player who has 7000 points. That means he has made it through the portal a few hundred times most likely. And that is only 10 hours into this event. By the end of 7 days, we are looking at thousands of trips through the portal.

There are only a small handful of players who can afford to spend thousands of plat on a single event. I do support STS, and over the past year I've spent more than $150 US on plat. But I estimate that the amount of plat needed to make the top 25 in this one event would probably be more than I've purchased since I've started playing Arcane Legends.

By definition this is now Pay To Win. I understand that this is a good opportunity for STS to make some big bucks on plat. But what you are going to do is discourage most of us from participating. I have no desire to spend a single penny of plat for this event, because it will just be wasted. There is no way I could make the leaderboard. So I think the best solution for me (and 99% of players) is to just wait out the 8 hours each time, go through the portal, and get the free rewards and hope to possibly loot something good.

It is too late to change this event as many have already dropped hundreds (or even thousands) of plat. Changing it now would not be fair to them. But here is my suggestion for future events:

1) The structure of this Goblin event is fine, but put a limit on how many times someone can go through the portal within an 8 hour period. I understand that STS sees this as a good opportunity to sell a lot of plat, but wouldn't you rather have a large number of players each spend a few hundred plat rather than have a select few spend thousands of plat?

2) If the amount of times through the portal is limited, then how can we determined who the winner is? Simple..... the points given out for each boss defeated can be a random amount. Therefore, even if you have a large number of players who all run the portal the maximum number of times through the week-long event, you will still have differences in how many points they all earn. Yes, we are going back to "luck" here. But at least more players would have a chance.

3) I have brought up this suggestion before, but here is the perfect "event" idea to earn STS large amounts of plat. Instead of giving an arcane shard out to the winner, have a new crate called "Locked Arcane Crate of the Watch", which will drop only during the event from the event bosses. This crate will be super rare, and will cost 1000 plat to open. But it will be a guaranteed Arcane item. The crate will be tradable, so anyone who loots one can sell it if they don't have the plat to open it. And since 1000 plat translates into maybe 2-3m gold, I'm guessing these crates will sell for huge money, probably 20m+ gold. Then when they are opened, STS makes some big money at 1000 plat spent per crate. I know I would spend 1000 plat to open a crate if an arcane item was guaranteed, and I'm not even a huge plat spender. The possibility of this item dropping will itself cause more people to want to participate in the event.

Mucsi
06-05-2014, 01:29 AM
totally agree... pay to win... bad event

ibighunk
06-05-2014, 01:29 AM
:salute: :)

ibighunk
06-05-2014, 01:30 AM
totally agree... pay to win... bad event

mucsi. :) lol. :banana:

Zylx
06-05-2014, 01:32 AM
3) I have brought up this suggestion before, but here is the perfect "event" idea to earn STS large amounts of plat. Instead of giving an arcane shard out to the winner, have a new crate called "Locked Grand Arcane Crate of the Watch", which will drop only during the event from the event bosses. This crate will be super rare, and will cost 1000 plat to open. But it will be a guaranteed Arcane item. The crate will be tradable, so anyone who loots one can sell it if they don't have the plat to open it. And since 1000 plat translates into maybe 2-3m gold, I'm guessing these crates will sell for huge money, probably 20m+ gold. Then when they are opened, STS makes some big money. The possibility of this item dropping will itself cause more people to want to participate in the event.

I like this idea. And maybe as a 2nd or 2nd & 3rd place prize, a Locked Grand Mythic Crate of the Watch for 750 plat

xcainnblecterx
06-05-2014, 01:46 AM
Liked the ideas.tell "1000 plat to open....guaranteed arcane." Wouldnt this.also make al fall into a p2w?

Midievalmodel
06-05-2014, 01:49 AM
Good ideas Energ. Would you consider re-posting your ideas under the Suggestions and Feedback forum section that was already sticky-ed by the developers? I would like the developers to see it there as well. Link is below

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?157979-Goblin-Event-Official-Suggestions-and-Feedback-Thread

Energizeric
06-05-2014, 01:56 AM
Liked the ideas.tell "1000 plat to open....guaranteed arcane." Wouldnt this.also make al fall into a p2w?

Nope, whoever loots the crate can sell it, most likely for tens of millions of gold. And since everyone can run the event dungeon, anyone can loot it.

Sceazikua
06-05-2014, 02:17 AM
But ... If arcanes - the "incredibly rare" stuff are guaranteed, wont it fall in prize and then worth not much? And doesnt that idea sound like 100% reroll elixir which ruined PL?

Btw also to the devs: pls dont make portals pop up at any mobs, it ruins runs because people just enter the portal and dont complete the run ...

NJaNear
06-05-2014, 02:25 AM
I'm sorry but the energy has to go or we go. This game is not made for energy, no mater how you want to package it. This event is a total failure and the leaders are already fighting over it. Why on earth would you play this game when they limit when you play and how you play? All I hear are great reviews of past events and yet they try and milk more cash from players. If these whales keep spending we peons have to find a new game, it's that simple.

Energizeric
06-05-2014, 02:29 AM
But ... If arcanes - the "incredibly rare" stuff are guaranteed, wont it fall in prize and then worth not much? And doesnt that idea sound like 100% reroll elixir which ruined PL?

Not if the crates themselves are super rare. Maybe it would be rare the way dragon items were rare in PL and people used to farm for them all the time even though most had never seen one drop.

Cero
06-05-2014, 02:31 AM
TY for the output ener.
From what I heard this event is a trail run for their Second event (Utros Assault or something?).
I hope STS do better, I mean less P2W.

Serancha
06-05-2014, 02:48 AM
....wouldn't you rather have a large number of players each spend a few hundred plat rather than have a select few spend thousands of plat?...

This. ^^

It feels more and more like this company is running the games based on favoritism to a select few. "Paying to play" is not being competitive. Being able to spend money doesn't take skill, talent, effort, or anything else that could be construed as a winning accomplishment. It sounds like everyone on the top list is exploiting bugs to win in any case - I read admissions of it on a thread earlier. If this is something they reward these days just to make money, it makes me really sad.

I always loved AL because it was fair to everyone. That philosophy seems to have vanished in the past couple of months. I really hope STS does something to redeem themselves from this latest disappointment. It's not like the advance feedback didn't predict the reactions players are having.

Jack Mihada
06-05-2014, 02:57 AM
3) I have brought up this suggestion before, but here is the perfect "event" idea to earn STS large amounts of plat. Instead of giving an arcane shard out to the winner, have a new crate called "Locked Arcane Crate of the Watch", which will drop only during the event from the event bosses. This crate will be super rare, and will cost 1000 plat to open. But it will be a guaranteed Arcane item. The crate will be tradable, so anyone who loots one can sell it if they don't have the plat to open it. And since 1000 plat translates into maybe 2-3m gold, I'm guessing these crates will sell for huge money, probably 20m+ gold. Then when they are opened, STS makes some big money at 1000 plat spent per crate. I know I would spend 1000 plat to open a crate if an arcane item was guaranteed, and I'm not even a huge plat spender. The possibility of this item dropping will itself cause more people to want to participate in the event.

Big smile on my face.

Sceazikua
06-05-2014, 02:57 AM
If the energy balls in ursoth's assault still remain unchanged in the way to obtain and still have to purchase with plat/gold I promise you will never see me again in this game again, and Im sure "quite" many people will do the same. I know we are free players and we didnt contribute in your pocket money, but if you keep the game in this way it will follow Pocket Legend's trail and you know what happened to PL :( I think best solution is to get rid of energy balls completely.

epicrrr
06-05-2014, 05:46 AM
The big complaint everyone has about this event has to do with how you can just buy your way up the event leaderboard. The amount of plat needed to be near the top of the leaderboard with this Goblin event is crazy. Within 10 hours of the event starting, we already have a player who has 7000 points. That means he has made it through the portal a few hundred times most likely. And that is only 10 hours into this event. By the end of 7 days, we are looking at thousands of trips through the portal.

There are only a small handful of players who can afford to spend thousands of plat on a single event. I do support STS, and over the past year I've spent more than $150 US on plat. But I estimate that the amount of plat needed to make the top 25 in this one event would probably be more than I've purchased since I've started playing Arcane Legends.

By definition this is now Pay To Win. I understand that this is a good opportunity for STS to make some big bucks on plat. But what you are going to do is discourage most of us from participating. I have no desire to spend a single penny of plat for this event, because it will just be wasted. There is no way I could make the leaderboard. So I think the best solution for me (and 99% of players) is to just wait out the 8 hours each time, go through the portal, and get the free rewards and hope to possibly loot something good.

It is too late to change this event as many have already dropped hundreds (or even thousands) of plat. Changing it now would not be fair to them.

you can perfectly sit this one out, i do support STS earnings as more earnings = more contents, as for that arcane shard prize it is perfectly normal to shell out that kind of prize for people shelling out an equally large amount of plats. Though i am indecisive about the energy thing or i guess the reward for each tier properly compensate that?

Pay to win or not, lets be realistic everyone who is competitive or wants to be competitive has resorted to purchasing plats to be ahead of everyone.

Overall I think the event is properly executed, also that energy in place for portal exploitation you exploit it might as well pay for it yes unli portal still exist :)

Iliketolol
06-05-2014, 06:36 AM
Agree!!!

I mean we already pay hundreds of platinum for locked crates and now this?

Other games i play give so much free p2w currency on special events..

They're trying to milk as much as possible... But this is not good for long term business..

Bigboyblue
06-05-2014, 07:07 AM
I can understand why STS has set the event up this way. They are going to make some serious plat from the lb chasers. Next event they add mythics to crates plus keep lb prizes. Going to be taking in big bucks.

That being said, I think the energy system is going to put off lots of players. The reason I quit the last game I played was because of this timed system. It becomes far too taxing. Instead of having a countdown give out 3 energy at the beginning of each day. Let us decide when to use it. Then we don't have to get on our devices at certain times(like when we are at work).

Also the token rewards should be obtainable to all players that use their 3 daily energy. I have a feeling this isn't going to be the case. If STS makes people spend plat just to get these token rewards they are going to have people quit this game. I don't mean just ironbite either. If I play every day and use all my free energy I expect to get ironbite, the weapon and the amulet. If this isn't the case I will be very disappointed.

I don't think STS needs to completely rehash the event system. Just make a few minor tweaks.

basketholic209
06-05-2014, 12:27 PM
I can understand why STS has set the event up this way. They are going to make some serious plat from the lb chasers. Next event they add mythics to crates plus keep lb prizes. Going to be taking in big bucks.

That being said, I think the energy system is going to put off lots of players. The reason I quit the last game I played was because of this timed system. It becomes far too taxing. Instead of having a countdown give out 3 energy at the beginning of each day. Let us decide when to use it. Then we don't have to get on our devices at certain times(like when we are at work).

Also the token rewards should be obtainable to all players that use their 3 daily energy. I have a feeling this isn't going to be the case. If STS makes people spend plat just to get these token rewards they are going to have people quit this game. I don't mean just ironbite either. If I play every day and use all my free energy I expect to get ironbite, the weapon and the amulet. If this isn't the case I will be very disappointed.

I don't think STS needs to completely rehash the event system. Just make a few minor tweaks.

Regarding energy, I think you misunderstand the way it works. Different from gem upgrading which you have to get online on a perfect timing to do it twice a day per item, you can just log in every time you want (as long as it is less than 24 hours after last login time) and you won't miss any single second of your energy replenishment :)

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Bigboyblue
06-05-2014, 02:56 PM
Regarding energy, I think you misunderstand the way it works. Different from gem upgrading which you have to get online on a perfect timing to do it twice a day per item, you can just log in every time you want (as long as it is less than 24 hours after last login time) and you won't miss any single second of your energy replenishment :)

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

I wasn't sure if this was the case. Glad to hear that it is. Still would rather have it all at once.

Also, I apologize for straying off of energizeric's topic.

I do think that the new lock with an arcane item inside would be a great addition to the game. It would be very interesting. The drop rate would have to be like 1 out of every 25,000 locks dropped. Keep it immensely rare.

Energizeric
06-05-2014, 03:27 PM
The drop rate would have to be like 1 out of every 25,000 locks dropped. Keep it immensely rare.

I think that's a bit too rare, but maybe 1 out of ever 1500 or so would be fine. Remember this would only be during events, so it should not impact the entire market too much as it would not be a permanent to the game. It could also be made to only drop certain arcane items, perhaps the ones relevant to the current season or event.

Remember that people play the lottery, so they are not discouraged by low odds. People just want a chance to strike it rich without having to risk too much. Currently the only way for a non-plat player to hit the jackpot would be to purchase elite golden chests in mass quantity and open them. The problem with that is the high risk of spending a ton of gold and getting nothing. Farming the same dungeon over and over hoping to hit the jackpot is a no risk activity, so everyone will participate. And most would probably run with luck elixirs to re-roll so they could maximize their chances at the arcane crate.

Bigboyblue
06-06-2014, 06:50 AM
1 in 1500 may be a bit much. I've heard of people farming 500 crates in one day. 1 in 1500 you would probably see several on the market everyday. I am not really sure how many crates are found everyday but it must be around 5k? More, less? I guess I have no clue really.