PDA

View Full Version : Goblin Event Update | Changes and What to Expect in the coming Ursoth's Assault Event

Remiem
06-05-2014, 03:23 PM

Have I mentioned lately that our community is the best? Since the launch of the Goblin Event yesterday afternoon, we've received pages and pages of feedback from you all as you play through and explore what the new event system has to offer. Some of it's good, some of it's bad, but all around this small-scale event has done exactly what we hoped it would: test out this new system and expose things that we need to change, fix, or tweak before the big Ursoth's Assault Event that is coming in the near future.

The design and development team met this morning to discuss some of your most pressing concerns. Here are the changes that you can expect to see in this event, and more importantly, in the next event: Ursoth's Assault.

Portal to Dungeon Added to Littleridge Refugee Camp

Players were exploiting portals by "holding them open" and entering to run event dungeons again and again. We love that you want to play more and more of the event, but this is not how the portals were meant to be used. We've added a portal to the Littleridge Refugee Camp that stays open 24/7 and costs one energy to enter. While portals will still spawn off of mobs in the world, you can use this new portal to spend your energy quickly and easily. If that's your thing. :) No need to hold them open anymore.

Tier Rewards to be Improved in Ursoth's Assault

The goblin event is in full swing, so we will not be changing the rewards this time around. But, during Ursoth's Assault we will be giving much greater and more desirable rewards for reaching each tier. Also, there will be more variety and depth to what is available on the Token Vendor. The main suite of rewards should be available via tier rewards and tokens, rather than reserving the most exclusive prizes for the top players on the Leaderboard.

More Interesting Bosses, Not so Hard!

The bosses in the Goblin Event are pretty tough, and arguably could be a bit more fun. We will be striving to make the Ursoth's Assault bosses more interesting, with more strategic elements. The aim is for a fun challenge instead of just a grind.

A Note on the Energy System & Other Feedback

One of the other pieces of feedback we are looking at is the time that it takes to replenish energy. We will continue to monitor how this plays out with the Goblin Event and assess what kind of changes should be made for Ursoth's Assault.

We continue to collect your feedback and suggestions and will refine, refine, refine in preparation for Ursoth's Assault. Thank you everyone for being a part of this event and helping us to make it bigger and better. :)

Jonnymaynard
06-05-2014, 04:15 PM
First

notfaded1
06-05-2014, 04:15 PM
thanks Remi we still want to know what's going to happen with the locked as well and mythic weapons. This is very important to many who have been playing AL for long time.

keikali
06-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Meh.

ccristiano
06-05-2014, 04:20 PM
No more energy
The people dont want to spend gold in buy energy
I think that this is (The rich event)

Ndeath50
06-05-2014, 04:20 PM
3rd

Candylicks
06-05-2014, 04:21 PM
Are the tokens the same for Goblin and Ursoth?

Haligali
06-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Search for free portals was a fun during tarlok event, can we have something similar? These portals now quite common..

calicobridge
06-05-2014, 04:23 PM
I don't see why we have to wait for Ursoth Assault to see and experience improvement in the goblin event. The main complaint in the feedback thread is how the energy system makes it impossible for non-plat spenders and rich players to enjoy and profit from the event. The update doesn't address that at all. Furthermore, placing a portal in the refugee camp only further encourages lazy people who don't even want to kill a few mobs to open portal.

Raregem
06-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Thanks sts team for looking into this and making adjustments. Please do away with the energy system it is so depressing to see portal after portal open that you can't enter. It's not fun. I'd rather pay a flat plat fee and be able to play as much as I wanted. So far I've gotten to participate 5 times in two days, log in for 5 minutes use my one energy then log off. No point in staying on when I can't do anything and all I see are portals reminding me of that.

alongcay
06-05-2014, 04:25 PM
So we still can't replaced gem? ?

Sent from my GT-I8552 using Tapatalk

Jonnymaynard
06-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Yeah now i can stay in town and watch my counter *-*

mjrpain
06-05-2014, 04:28 PM
So make the mob portals free and more rare and the village portal paid. Energy system is going to ruin this game.

Haligali
06-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Thanks sts team for looking into this and making adjustments. Please do away with the energy system it is so depressing to see portal after portal open that you can't enter. It's not fun. I'd rather pay a flat plat fee and be able to play as much as I wanted. So far I've gotten to participate 5 times in two days, log in for 5 minutes use my one energy then log off. No point in staying on when I can't do anything and all I see are portals reminding me of that.

Yup, make the portals more rare on maps but plat free to enter, or whats the point. And they should disappear after 30 sec, same as tarlok portals.

Orageunas
06-05-2014, 04:31 PM
So make the mob portals free and more rare and the village portal paid. Energy system is going to ruin this game.
This.

asimauara
06-05-2014, 04:34 PM
Energy definitely takes to long to get restored and auc prices arent to pretty on the kits i spent 200k yesterday on kits and 150k today give or take a few k

gujral
06-05-2014, 04:37 PM
The major problem is the energy system... Either u can remove it completely or u can make energy obtainable through shooting crates, barrels or even mobs in normal maps which will encourage more people to hunt for energy and skiing portals without paying plats our gold... atleast this way it will be fair for non plat users or non rich users... Plz think about my suggestion and do something in order to save this game..
Really disappointed this time though :(

Iliketolol
06-05-2014, 04:39 PM
They gnna continue using energy in next event? -_-

Thrindal
06-05-2014, 04:39 PM
We need big changes not little tweaks...

Still annoys me that an uber rich player is getting a shard they don't need.

Ninjasmurf
06-05-2014, 04:40 PM
Why would you add a portal in littleridge? Doesn't that ruin the entire point of playing? It's similar to the tarlok event but you needed to pay plat to enter it. I agree with Hali make portsls from mobs free again like the tarlok event and make the portal in littleridge cost 1 energy still. This would be the best way to make the game fair for non plat buyer and plat buyers. It's easy to change so why not do it before everyone gives up?(most already have). If this energy system is used in the next event I'll take another break until the next expansion :)

deadcobain
It will be interesting to see whether people who dont buy energy actually get enough tokens to get anything at all from this event.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Amicusdei
everything should just be free.
i want a brand new capped toon of every class with all top gears built in, and free upgrades to all the newest stuff released.
and a twink for every level with top equips as well.
go on and throw in all pets ever with all my toons.
any event that happens is a hassle, just gimme the dang stuff.
i need my gold capped as well, and raise the cap while you are at it.
still awaiting my STS credit card so i can get all the plat i want, too.
next 9 posts reserved for when i decide what else i should have.

whats that noise outside? must be the WAAAHHHHmbulance. GTG.

valheeru
hmm so instead of making the portals disappear
after 30 sec u put them in city so plat users life gets even more easier, wooooow

were the heavy plat users complaining abt the run to portal?

greandeath
06-05-2014, 04:43 PM
Imho I think it takes way to long for you to get (replinish) one energy. Most people would rather see it shorted to like an hour or two because when you think about it that's 8hours per energy, so to refill energy that would be a total of 24 hours. A FULL DAY!!!! I think that is kind of a little outrageous... I'm pretty sure most people would agree with me

jeocapat
06-05-2014, 04:46 PM

Have I mentioned lately that our community is the best? Since the launch of the Goblin Event yesterday afternoon, we've received pages and pages of feedback from you all as you play through and explore what the new event system has to offer. Some of it's good, some of it's bad, but all around this small-scale event has done exactly what we hoped it would: test out this new system and expose things that we need to change, fix, or tweak before the big Ursoth's Assault Event that is coming in the near future.

The design and development team met this morning to discuss some of your most pressing concerns. Here are the changes that you can expect to see in this event, and more importantly, in the next event: Ursoth's Assault.

Players were exploiting portals by "holding them open" and entering to run event dungeons again and again. We love that you want to play more and more of the event, but this is not how the portals were meant to be used. We've added a portal to the Littleridge Refugee Camp that stays open 24/7 and costs one energy to enter. While portals will still spawn off of mobs in the world, you can use this new portal to spend your energy quickly and easily. If that's your thing. :) No need to hold them open anymore.

I stopped reading there.
Sts this time is so concentrated in making the players spend plat it makes you sad.

calicobridge
06-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Sorry STS but you definitely losing the best MMO title if this buzzkill you call the energy system is not fixed and fixed fast. I don't want to have to wait to Ursoth Assault to go back to anticipating and enjoying events. As it is I've spent more time off game to nod furiously at the complaints on the feedback thread. I rather be in game killing monsters but the portals that open and I can't enter just kill it for me.

valheeru
06-05-2014, 05:01 PM
Sorry STS but you definitely losing the best MMO title if this buzzkill you call the energy system is not fixed and fixed fast. I don't want to have to wait to Ursoth Assault to go back to anticipating and enjoying events. As it is I've spent more time off game to nod furiously at the complaints on the feedback thread. I rather be in game killing monsters but the portals that open and I can't enter just kill it for me.

i think they forgot they need non plat users to vote then

Hectororius
06-05-2014, 05:05 PM
So you removed the exploit which is perfectly fine, but now you are charging a convenience fee on top of the energy cost.

I don't understand why its not just a flat plat-only cost to enter this portal. Energy users can go hunt their portals and use their energy.

I'm not sure what was discussed in that meeting, but I really don't see any resolution in regards to the energy replenish rate which is making this event a big disappointment for plat and non plat players alike.

Kill3rPao
06-05-2014, 05:11 PM
Now it's too late to make changes in this event . Players were exploiting portals by "holding them open" and entering to run event dungeons again and again. Cit.
This was not obvious that to happen? Seriously.

Iliketolol
06-05-2014, 05:11 PM
Milking lvl over 9000+

Raregem
06-05-2014, 05:22 PM

This! Go back to the Tarlok event system and everyone will be happy. The portals in the middle of mobs cause players to leave in the middle or runs as well, which is hard on people who are trying to get to a difficult boss. Make portals spawn after bosses are killed, keep the same spawn rate as the Tarlok portal chances they are free to enter. Portal in the village can cost plat. I don't remember many people complaining about the Tarlok event 90% of your users were happy. Now 90% are unhappy.

If revenue wasn't enough from the Tarlok event and that's why this energy system was put in place consider adding a new mythic pet for 250 plat making the egg version buyable as well like with the ripmaw weekend event. People buy pets... and it adds to plat spending during events. If people are told it's a one time only will not be reappearing EVER pet and the stats are good it will sell.

NJaNear
06-05-2014, 05:28 PM
Where is the reimbursements to all the players not using the exploit? They were spending plat and gave up after watching these guys triple their scores? I am confused how you developers can actually call this a fix for all your paying customers who were cheated. Let's not mention, the lb players get no punishment? Lol

Energizeric
06-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Search for free portals was a fun during tarlok event, can we have something similar? These portals now quite common..

I agree this would be a good strategy for STS, but make these "free" portals somewhat rare, and make them only spawn after beating the boss. Maybe have the chance be much greater after beating an elite tindirin boss. But also make sure the portals disappear after a minute so that players cannot hold them open.

This way players who do not have much plat can still keep busy farming and looking for the free portals, while players who have plat can buy entry to the energy portal.

Thrindal
06-05-2014, 05:52 PM
Where is the reimbursements to all the players not using the exploit? They were spending plat and gave up after watching these guys triple their scores? I am confused how you developers can actually call this a fix for all your paying customers who were cheated. Let's not mention, the lb players get no punishment? Lol

Gotta keep the sugar daddies and sugar mommies happy.

Smaller plat spenders don't seem to rate.

While it seems obvious players loved Tarlok obviously sts didn't make enough on the event. I would think just adding the mythic weapons to a tarlok like event would give a significant hike to revenue. Sts must disagree. I have seen a lot of thoughtful posts with excellent ideas. I hope sts takes them to heart.

I want Sts to be profitable as much as anyone, but creating further separation between the haves and have nots is not healthy for anyone. The lower classes have to have hope, without that they leave and no game is successful with just the haves.

Sts, please don't cater too much to the rich as it will have a negative effect in the long run.

Carapace
06-05-2014, 05:56 PM
thanks Remi we still want to know what's going to happen with the locked as well and mythic weapons. This is very important to many who have been playing AL for long time.

In regards to the locked crates and Mythics, they will be in the next event. During Urosth's Assault there will be two Crates. During the event special versions of the Grand Watch crate will drop, containing the current Mythics as well as the new weapons. In addition to this event Crate there will also be an Exceptional version of the crate. This one is special in that it will contain double odds on the Mythics, as well as remove the Mythic Armor/Helms from the loot table to ensure more Mythic Weapons overall. Without going into too much detail there will be other ways to get the Exceptional Crates! More info on that when the time is appropriate.

These Crates will drop only during the event, and will no longer drop once Ursoth's Assault has ended. Any Crates that did drop, however that have not been opened will remain until they all have been opened.

This is the current plan, and subject to change but chances are unlikely. I do have to state that it may change because a lot of things are being re-thought for the Ursoth Assault Event given all of the information and feedback we are gathering during the Goblin Event. With Urosth's Assault planned to last quite a bit longer than the Goblin Event, we have a lot of refining to do to make sure it is fun and exciting for everyone. Don't worry, we're up to the challenge :)

laseule
06-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Except the portal, (wich is not really important, because I don't think it was the main problem.) nothing changes at all.
So the next event have to be excellent..

Trenton
06-05-2014, 06:09 PM
I agree this would be a good strategy for STS, but make these "free" portals somewhat rare, and make them only spawn after beating the boss. Maybe have the chance be much greater after beating an elite tindirin boss. But also make sure the portals disappear after a minute so that players cannot hold them open.

This way players who do not have much plat can still keep busy farming and looking for the free portals, while players who have plat can buy entry to the energy portal. Gonna agree with Haligali and Energizeric, I think that this should be similar to the Tarlok event, with tweaks like what Energizeric suggested. In the Tarlok event, I believe it was a VERY low chance to find portals as low as Ydra Forest, and a somewhat higher chance to find them in higher leveled maps, such as Shuyal. Completing the map, (killing the boss) should be the only way to find it, and like Energizeric suggested, have the Elite Tindirin bosses have a much greater chance to spawn a portal. It would give everyone a chance to farm Ursoth's event while actually playing, and then have the one Portal in the Ursoth town for a certain amount of plat to enter. I feel like I'm just lengthening what Energizeric said so this is my time to shut up :d

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

keikali
06-05-2014, 06:15 PM
In regards to the locked crates and Mythics, they will be in the next event. During Urosth's Assault there will be two Crates. During the event special versions of the Grand Watch crate will drop, containing the current Mythics as well as the new weapons. In addition to this event Crate there will also be an Exceptional version of the crate. This one is special in that it will contain double odds on the Mythics, as well as remove the Mythic Armor/Helms from the loot table to ensure more Mythic Weapons overall. Without going into too much detail there will be other ways to get the Exceptional Crates! More info on that when the time is appropriate.

These Crates will drop only during the event, and will no longer drop once Ursoth's Assault has ended. Any Crates that did drop, however that have not been opened will remain until they all have been opened.

This is the current plan, and subject to change but chances are unlikely. I do have to state that it may change because a lot of things are being re-thought for the Ursoth Assault Event given all of the information and feedback we are gathering during the Goblin Event. With Urosth's Assault planned to last quite a bit longer than the Goblin Event, we have a lot of refining to do to make sure it is fun and exciting for everyone. Don't worry, we're up to the challenge :)

Carapace, thanks for the heads up. So you're basically saying that the current locked crates that are on the market now will only contain everything NOT related to the Ursoth's Event? Including the new pinks?

Raregem
06-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Carapace, thanks for the heads up. So you're basically saying that the current locked crates that are on the market now will only contain everything NOT related to the Ursoth's Event? Including the new pinks?

My question as well... I've been hoarding lockeds for when the new mythics release I hope that they aren't useless.

Also with these event crates is there still a chance for arcane items or just mythic/legendary?

keikali
06-05-2014, 06:24 PM
My question as well... I've been hoarding lockeds for when the new mythics release I hope that they aren't useless.

I have guildies who hoarded over 500 just for opening for this event at a chance for mythics. This is crazyyyy.

Fear
06-05-2014, 06:34 PM
I don't see why we have to wait for Ursoth Assault to see and experience improvement in the goblin event. The main complaint in the feedback thread is how the energy system makes it impossible for non-plat spenders and rich players to enjoy and profit from the event. The update doesn't address that at all. Furthermore, placing a portal in the refugee camp only further encourages lazy people who don't even want to kill a few mobs to open portal.

The portal in the event town can bring u to fight a boss??? O.o

Archerios
06-05-2014, 06:36 PM

I agree with this.So simple.Want to use shortcut?You have to pay.Dont want to pay,look for your own portal.But those mobs portal must gone after 1 person have use it but its free.Doing it,everyone can enjoy the event.No more rant.Non plat user must work hard like usual.Afterall that energy kit is like elixir kit,isnt it?If you use it,it will let you play easier.

valheeru
06-05-2014, 06:37 PM
I have guildies who hoarded over 500 just for opening for this event at a chance for mythics. This is crazyyyy.

ouch now the plat users that stacked locked will go gaga

plus u just removed the non plat users bread and butter to make some gold

Kujimasun
06-05-2014, 06:48 PM

Players were exploiting portals by "holding them open" and entering to run event dungeons again and again. We love that you want to play more and more of the event, but this is not how the portals were meant to be used. We've added a portal to the Littleridge Refugee Camp that stays open 24/7 and costs one energy to enter. While portals will still spawn off of mobs in the world, you can use this new portal to spend your energy quickly and easily. If that's your thing. :) No need to hold them open

Hmm so if you're aware that the portal is being exploited why not reset LB? Having the portal in town is nice (kinda) but it doesnt change the fact that this was exploitable and more than likely abused. If it wasn't then this change would not jave been made.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Otahaanak
06-05-2014, 06:50 PM
So to be clear current locked crates will not drop new mythic during the Ursoth event??

Wow.

valheeru
06-05-2014, 06:50 PM
bcos then they r gonna lose their plat whale

Energizeric
06-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Hmm so if you're aware that the portal is being exploited why not reset LB?

And what about players who have spent thousands of plat already to obtain those leaderboard spots? And someone I know who has spent no plat, but many millions of gold to buy hundreds of those energy kits. How would that be fair to them?

Energizeric
06-05-2014, 07:28 PM

I think something has to be done to make regular locked crates interesting again. A year ago when you opened a locked crate, the mythic items you could get were all worth 3m-12m gold each. Then on top of those mythic items, we had the "double odds" mythic weapons weekend where you had better chances at looting mythic weapons. And of course you had a small chance at looting one of the few arcane items.

But now there is nothing mythic that is worth even 2m that drops from a locked crate. It's still those exact same mythics from a year ago with nothing new. So most of us are just holding the crates waiting for something better and not opening them. I haven't opened crates in a year, and I was actually planning to open a bunch once the mythic loot is improved. I realize there is a chance to get a very valuable arcane item, but the chances are too low unless you open a thousand crates. So I'm more concerned with mythic items, and right now I don't see anything worthwhile that can be looted, so I'm in a holding pattern.

My suggestion is adding the mythic weapons to the loot table of the regular locked crates, and then have the event "special" locked crates be the ones with double odds. Or if you want to be really interesting, you could call those event special crates "Ursoth's Locked Mythic Crates" where they guarantee a mythic weapon or Arcane item every time and cost 1000 plat to open. Then make them rare items that rarely drop from the event bosses, and possibly Elite Tindirin bosses. Make this special crate a mythic rarity item that can be rerolled from a legendary item, and you will get people farming with luck elixirs all event long hoping to loot one of these special crates. And if they do not have the 1000 plat to open one, they can sell it for many millions.

Kakashis
06-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Man, talk about a buzz kill. Time to sell them all off. It sounds like STS plans to allow us to "craft" like 5-10 locked into one special locked.

Archerios
06-05-2014, 08:04 PM

Things may change guys.

hozukreti
06-05-2014, 08:08 PM
Some conclusion

Remove energy system
Plat user get portal at town, same as tarlok
Non plat user search their portal by killing mob, same as tarlok
Normal locked crate with normal odd for looted Mythic
Event Locked crate with double odd for looted Mythic

Lb no need to reset, even with no energy system, i believe same people also be top 25 player, that obviously plat spender. Because the reward very interesting and everyone going to compete each other and people going to spend plat for this. They spend plat and worth name listed on lb, non plat user need to understand about premium player always get something special for what they spend in game.

alfred052398
06-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Im unable to put gems to my gear. Kindly check it out. The time always shows a -1sec.

Im using an android phone. Fyi.

Thanks

NJaNear
06-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Things may change guys.

Yeah like the energy system they said they wouldn't do. I can't wait!

NJaNear
06-05-2014, 08:39 PM
And what about players who have spent thousands of plat already to obtain those leaderboard spots? And someone I know who has spent no plat, but many millions of gold to buy hundreds of those energy kits. How would that be fair to them?

They abused a system to get ahead of others. What about the users who didn't abuse the system who don't have these items or better pets supposed to do about the lost money or plat?

FluffNStuff
06-05-2014, 08:41 PM

Guildies who have saved at least 500 locks, everyone knows the casual openers are gonna drive up the lock price so the players that open the most locks have made sure to stock up on as much as they can to at least somewhat curb the gold cost of opening locks.

Thrindal
06-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Ok every sts post this week has been worse than the one before.

Just today they made current event even worse with a working portal in town for the rich.

Then we are told our current lockeds won't have new mythics crashing the locked market costing low level players that rely on lockeds millions in gold.

Way to go Sts, this has not been a good week for you, your game is going down like the Titanic. Somebody better do something soon...

My entire guild is losing all faith in the game. If something isn't done to start reassuring folks I know folks will leave in mass. I mean some have already said they are leaving.

Sts you need to plug the hole we are taking on water fast. Folks are not just losing interest they are mad.

Amoonguss
06-05-2014, 09:12 PM
Still waiting for the missing pets to return to my stable. I hope this problem will be resolved soon, definitely before the Ursoth event. It's very frustrating to play this game with just five pets, I don't feel like playing at all. I'm also very angry about the fact that I spent real money to get some of those pets and I can't access them. It's like I have been scammed. What a crappy situation for Apple users, I don't have another android tablet just lying around to use. I feel like I should be compensated for my losses. So many updates and this issue is still not solved and no mention of when it will be. Extremely disappointed!

warriorromio
06-05-2014, 09:56 PM
I waisted arround 200k for energy and just have 30 tokens..
And in this event no new chest......
Pls you guys dont need to show of like other games show some mercy for thr non plat ussers...
Or u will lose new players how want to join the game.....
Free to play pay to win....
Btw u deserv to make money because its your rite but pls dont add real life money in every thing....and the tying I hate most....
Pls pls pls....
Dont be rude to us.....
Why the night shadow is only for winners...
He is a pink pet...
And u r giving only to the winners....
Pls add him to your urothos event from drop of any boss or from a chest......
We cant affored a 10m pet so pls atleast add him ...

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

eugene9707
06-05-2014, 10:08 PM
In addition to this event Crate there will also be an Exceptional version of the crate. This one is special in that it will contain double odds on the Mythics, as well as remove the Mythic Armor/Helms from the loot table to ensure more Mythic Weapons overall. Without going into too much detail there will be other ways to get the Exceptional Crates! More info on that when the time is appropriate.
so there is ..... current lock crate, event lock crate and double odds event lock crate ??

any chance that you can craft and combine locks into an event crate or even double odds crate ? :D

Energizeric
06-05-2014, 10:16 PM
They abused a system to get ahead of others. What about the users who didn't abuse the system who don't have these items or better pets supposed to do about the lost money or plat?

My buddy did not abuse any system. He spent millions of gold he had saved on buying those energy kits from the consignment shop, and then he spent the past 24+ hours running through portals over and over.

He did all of this and risked all those millions of gold because he wants to win the contest. You cannot change the rules midway. The best they can do is make the next event different.

Samhayne
06-05-2014, 10:33 PM
So to be clear current locked crates will not drop new mythic during the Ursoth event??

Wow.

No, that is incorrect.

ALlIsWell
06-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Thats why i love AL

hellblazer85
06-05-2014, 11:30 PM
so there is ..... current lock crate, event lock crate and double odds event lock crate ??

any chance that you can craft and combine locks into an event crate or even double odds crate ? :D

+1 This is interesting.. combining current locked into an event crate/double odds crate!

Shiro
06-05-2014, 11:45 PM
In regards to the locked crates and Mythics, they will be in the next event. During Urosth's Assault there will be two Crates. During the event special versions of the Grand Watch crate will drop, containing the current Mythics as well as the new weapons. In addition to this event Crate there will also be an Exceptional version of the crate. This one is special in that it will contain double odds on the Mythics, as well as remove the Mythic Armor/Helms from the loot table to ensure more Mythic Weapons overall. Without going into too much detail there will be other ways to get the Exceptional Crates! More info on that when the time is appropriate...

Wow.

No, that is incorrect.
So based on what Carapace and Samhayne said, crates will be:

1. special Ursoth event locked crates containing current mythics and new mythic weapons,
2. exceptional Ursoth event locked crates with double odds of getting just the new mythic weapons, and
3. the regular locked crates that may contain the new mythics

As I see it, this game is getting more complicated and a lot messy. I know you just want to give us great content, but the direction this game is turning to be is not what I'm expecting, and all those crates above just spells out to me as "Plats." I hope something better can be done coz I just want to have fun and simply love the game.

calicobridge
06-06-2014, 12:15 AM
One thing though, STS, please please please pretty please do NOT leave this crappy energy system that cripples the event plagues us during the weekend. You don't want the weekend players to rage quit en masse over this stupid get rich quick scheme of yours. Give us something to make playing AL worthwhile this weekend by eliminating the energy access. Think of long term player satisfaction and loyalty instead of huge short term revenues. You have Friday to show that you truly care and listen. Don't disappoint us even further.

Raregem
06-06-2014, 12:23 AM
So based on what Carapace and Samhayne said, crates will be:

1. special Ursoth event locked crates containing current mythics and new mythic weapons,
2. exceptional Ursoth event locked crates with double odds of getting just the new mythic weapons, and
3. the regular locked crates that may contain the new mythics

As I see it, this game is getting more complicated and a lot messy. I know you just want to give us great content, but the direction this game is turning to be is not what I'm expecting, and all those crates above just spells out to me as "Plats." I hope something better can be done coz I just want to have fun and simply love the game.

He explained it in more detail on the general thread. The current locked crates will turn into the event crate with a different graphic. So to my understanding there will only be two locked crates for this event. Numbers one and two from your list.

Candylicks
06-06-2014, 12:24 AM
Omg. Y'all we have been farming and saving locked and plan to drop $$$$ to open them during event for mythics. Please sts confirm if new mythics will or won't be included in the locked. You have a huge Plat spender base counting on this, and if it's not the case we need to know.!!! The event is soon it is about time to throw this on the table as final.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

calicobridge
06-06-2014, 12:26 AM
Oh and as if the current locked crates aren't frustrating enough for platless players, you want to introduce special locked crates for Ursoth Assault? Presumably one that requires moar and moar plats to open? Can't we have the equivalent of the halloween daily chest or the frozen chest of the tarlok event instead? It's OK if it's a little harder to get, so long as players with few or no plats can enjoy the anticipation of opening them.

Seriously though, as a run up to Ursoth Assault, Goblin Invasion leaves me feeling flat and apprehensive instead of excited about the big event.

Shiro
06-06-2014, 12:28 AM
He explained it in more detail on the general thread. The current locked crates will turn into the event crate with a different graphic. So to my understanding there will only be two locked crates for this event. Numbers one and two from your list.

So what about the current hundreds of locked crates hoarded by numerous players, will they just be useless now?

Kingofninjas
06-06-2014, 12:41 AM
Love the thought you guys have put into this, but speaking on behalf of all non plat users who would love to conserve their gold, I really wish if out total energy supply increased to like 10 and maybe replenished every hour or so.... just so we could maximize farming.

Kingofninjas
06-06-2014, 12:55 AM

What about elite golden dragonscale chests? I personally am a non - plat user and am too lazy to farm 25million gold to buy a mythic weapon so I've been hoarding and farming elite golden dragonscale chest for a month now. Will mythic weapons drop from them as they always have or have I just wasted a month of farming?

Zynzyn
06-06-2014, 01:09 AM
Thank you for the updates. Ideally, I would wish to hunt for portals that are not too easy and not too rare. During the Tarlok event, it was fun and exciting to find one and invite friends/guildmates in. More importantly, the fiend in this event is the energy system. Please do away with this energy system and make the Ursoths Assault event like the Tarlok event. Time limits - be it 1 hr or 8 hrs - for just entering is frustrating to the player because most players like to do the events with friends and guildmates and having to refuse an invitation to join because you are in 'regen' mode is a complete downer. You would say - then buy energy with gold/plats. But average normal players which constitute the majority do not have the means or inclination to spend their hard-earned gold/plat for a gamble to get only a few tokens, they would rather save it up for mythic pets, mythic gear, etc. The Tarlok event was ideal, because while allowing everyone to enter the event through moderately rare free portals, it did give an edge to plat-spenders who could have easier and quicker access to the bosses through the option of buying an entry. Also, the event banner should be given to all who have participated.

Archerios
06-06-2014, 01:26 AM
Removing energy system is impossible in my opinion.Why? because the event energy kit have been scattered around Arlor.Once they remove the energy system,these kit become useless junk.So the best imho is 2 types of portal.First one is located on the town and it will open 24/7 but you have to pay 1 energy to use it.Second one is the one that spawn randomly from killing mobs but its free.Make it as rare as the gem essence.Maximum 4 people can use it and it will gone.So everyone can have fun and farm the event stuff.

Orageunas
06-06-2014, 02:06 AM
Removing energy system is impossible in my opinion.Why? because the event energy kit have been scattered around Arlor.Once they remove the energy system,these kit become useless junk.So the best imho is 2 types of portal.First one is located on the town and it will open 24/7 but you have to pay 1 energy to use it.Second one is the one that spawn randomly from killing mobs but its free.Make it as rare as the gem essence.Maximum 4 people can use it and it will gone.So everyone can have fun and farm the event stuff.
This.

Goodhabbit
06-06-2014, 02:23 AM

+1.... this is it

sazib
06-06-2014, 02:32 AM
No, that is incorrect.

Bro I Dont think new lock is good idea because this is the popular way to get money for non plat user!! If new locks comes those who saving from long to sell will not get much money from lock :(

sent from HELL using Tapatalk

Back
06-06-2014, 02:35 AM
91317One of the other pieces of feedback we are looking at is the time that it takes to replenish energy. We will continue to monitor how this plays out with the Goblin Event and assess what kind of changes should be made for Ursoth's Assault.

We continue to collect your feedback and suggestions and will refine, refine, refine in preparation for Ursoth's Assault. Thank you everyone for being a part of this event and helping us to make it bigger and better. :)

It's not "one of the other pieces of feedback", it is the "feedback". You guys want to see how it plays out with the Goblin Event out? Guess you don't see how every single user be it a free or plat user is complaining about it.

deadcobain
06-06-2014, 02:41 AM
No, that is incorrect.

So current locks will drop new mythics.

iamalmien24
06-06-2014, 03:44 AM
To summed it up :)

3 kinds of Crates during Ursoth's Event:

1.Current Normal Locked (still dropping old mythic items plus the new mythics, so the probability of having the new mythics is 2.5% assuming)
2. Event Locked (looted in Ursoth's Event, dropping old and new mythics, probability, 4% assuming)
3. Exceptional Event Locked (looted in Ursoth's Event, dropping old mythic weapons and new mythic weapons, probabilty, 8% assuming because of double odds).

I smell PLATS!!!

Archerios
06-06-2014, 03:54 AM
I smell PLATS!!!

How is plat smell?:stupid:

calicobridge
06-06-2014, 04:31 AM
Hi, yea me again. Cuz I just got on, saw I had one energy capsule, used the portal in Refugee Camp (why bother going to map, huh?) and then your brand new client got disconnected as I entered the portal. So when I returned the portal tries to extort 5 plat from me. Hahah... So yea, another 8 hour down time. Might as well log off. Cuz playing on maps, farming teeth, lockeds, whatever, gets annoying with portal popping every second and random people on map poofing away into them. My guild is quiet too cuz too many people got pissed with the energy system that makes it impossible for us to help each other or hunt together. So I'm here again pestering you guys to please fix this unholy mess and make the game fun again.

calicobridge
06-06-2014, 05:27 AM
OK to be fair, there are aspects of this event that I like. I love the weapon and talisman and pet, and really want to collect them all on all my chars. But almost two days into the event I had barely scraped 20 tokens. How am I supposed to collect enough to buy these stuffs for myself, let alone buying extras for investment like I did with prance egg and tarlok gears? The way the event is set up I'm at the mercy of rich players who can afford to farm tokens to buy event stuffs. They will get to control the market of these items for us plebeians who probably will only end up with enough tokens to buy...well, nothing.

Titanium
06-06-2014, 05:28 AM

500 crates? I'm hoarding locks since september. I have 2000 locks crates and now i have to find out is going to be another lock crate? Ok fine. Then if gives double odds for a mythic weapon lets upgrade 2 current Lock Crate in one Exceptional Crate. Everybody will be happy with it.
Too many people farmed hours and hours km3 to get these crates so they could sell with a higher price on this Ursoth event. It's just unfair if you dont make the current crates upgraded to exceptional.... You are going to piss off more people in my opinion. And i can assure you I'm going to be one of them. So let's make this fair before we are going to have another plat event.

I dont care about current energy - leaderboard - system - goblins or whatever. My priority is mythic weapons. Same for the rest of the people, i believe.

Give this one chance for the people who are free players. I spent some plat and maybe i will continue but i dont want other friends of mine to quit AL.

Thank you.

Haligali
06-06-2014, 05:29 AM
Hi, yea me again. Cuz I just got on, saw I had one energy capsule, used the portal in Refugee Camp (why bother going to map, huh?) and then your brand new client got disconnected as I entered the portal. So when I returned the portal tries to extort 5 plat from me. Hahah... So yea, another 8 hour down time. Might as well log off. Cuz playing on maps, farming teeth, lockeds, whatever, gets annoying with portal popping every second and random people on map poofing away into them. My guild is quiet too cuz too many people got pissed with the energy system that makes it impossible for us to help each other or hunt together. So I'm here again pestering you guys to please fix this unholy mess and make the game fun again.

This would be good:

Remove the portals from the normal dungeons, there is a fixed portal now in refugee camp already, so people dont leave mid-map.
Drop energy balls instead, but with the same rate as portals now.

Bigboyblue
06-06-2014, 06:31 AM
Sounds like some positive changes taking place. My main concern with this event is whether non plat players can get all the token rewards. It seem like you may afford one of the lesser rewards like ironbite for free but are pushing it to get the weapon and the amulet looks like a dream. STS, you need to make it so all players can get ALL the rewards for free. Keep a great item reward for the lb players to keep them spending plat but make it so even the free players can get the token rewards. If you don't make this change you are going to lose players. I am 100% sure about this.

This change will not reduce the amount of plat being spent. Your lb players are going to spend the same amount. Now with this event you may get a few more plat because moderate plat spenders really want the rewards. However if the next event is the same way you will start to lose these moderate plat spenders. Ultimately you receive less plat because the player base shrinks. I know that I won't stick around if the event system isn't changed to allow me to get the rewards without spending plat. The choice is either make this game totally p2w or keep the f2p element alive. Don't become EA.

Zyphruss
06-06-2014, 09:51 AM
Chance for free portals please?

nightmaresmoke
06-06-2014, 11:12 AM
stupid event lame leader board event in short for the rich event

Kristianch
06-06-2014, 11:25 AM
It would be cool if u had to pay energy only in city portal and mob drop portal would stay open for like 90 sec like in tarlok event

Otaweoha
06-06-2014, 12:08 PM
No need energy... Need event like tarlok :)

Jenvy
06-06-2014, 12:45 PM

Okay. At least you're listening to us.

I'm sure the people spending plat appreciate this, as it leaves less chance for the top players to pull way ahead of everyone else.

The real solution would have been to go back and use the amended Tarlok layout (the system implemented after the disastrous portal holding glitch).

Tier Rewards to be Improved in Ursoth's Assault

The goblin event is in full swing, so we will not be changing the rewards this time around. But, during Ursoth's Assault we will be giving much greater and more desirable rewards for reaching each tier. Also, there will be more variety and depth to what is available on the Token Vendor. The main suite of rewards should be available via tier rewards and tokens, rather than reserving the most exclusive prizes for the top players on the Leaderboard.

Appreciated, but it doesn't really solve the LB issue. Maybe think about giving the top 250 players a reward, and eliminate the first, second, third bull. Will encourage more people to spend.

More Interesting Bosses, Not so Hard!

The bosses in the Goblin Event are pretty tough, and arguably could be a bit more fun. We will be striving to make the Ursoth's Assault bosses more interesting, with more strategic elements. The aim is for a fun challenge instead of just a grind.

Unless it's a legit Elite boss, pretty much anything you put out is not going to be a challenge for capped players.

A Note on the Energy System & Other Feedback

One of the other pieces of feedback we are looking at is the time that it takes to replenish energy. We will continue to monitor how this plays out with the Goblin Event and assess what kind of changes should be made for Ursoth's Assault.

And here is the real issue. NO ONE WANTS ENERGY.

Yes, energy is an effective way to make obscene amounts of money from the top 2% of players. The downside, moderate/light/non plat users aren't going to waste plat for that sh1t, and you're going to lose potential cash overall. You'll also alienate 98% of your gamers as you descend into p2p shenanigans.

TL;DR - THERE ARE SO MANY BETTER WAYS TO MAKE MONEY.

Here are just a few:

A dice roll on locked crate. 1% chance at quality reroll for 25 plat. 2% chance at quality reroll for 50 plat (you just know the heavy crate openers are going to buy this)
Guild hall enhancements and items (a guild note system, a guild stash, enhanced potions and elixirs, design your own guild vanities (like the WoW tabards), guild v guild pvp room, etc etc; all could be unlockable for 100 plat each).
Bonus bosses (a summoner appears after an event boss kill. He charges 5 plat to perform a ritual that has a 10% chance to summon an uber-rare event boss that drops uber-rare loot and vanities.

I can't recall a game that was heavily reliant on energy ever having won any of the 'best android mmo' contests. Food for thought.

sazib
06-06-2014, 05:01 PM
500 crates? I'm hoarding locks since september. I have 2000 locks crates and now i have to find out is going to be another lock crate? Ok fine. Then if gives double odds for a mythic weapon lets upgrade 2 current Lock Crate in one Exceptional Crate. Everybody will be happy with it.
Too many people farmed hours and hours km3 to get these crates so they could sell with a higher price on this Ursoth event. It's just unfair if you dont make the current crates upgraded to exceptional.... You are going to piss off more people in my opinion. And i can assure you I'm going to be one of them. So let's make this fair before we are going to have another plat event.

I dont care about current energy - leaderboard - system - goblins or whatever. My priority is mythic weapons. Same for the rest of the people, i believe.

Give this one chance for the people who are free players. I spent some plat and maybe i will continue but i dont want other friends of mine to quit AL.

Thank you.

Agree bro..

sent from HELL using Tapatalk

officiallyjun
06-06-2014, 05:06 PM
i need to know about the current token, is it same token with upcoming event ?

gumball3000
06-06-2014, 06:41 PM
Just remove all the energy and tiers and let the drops from bosses be the rewards.

Imjebus
06-06-2014, 07:16 PM
I actually like the tier system as it gives us something to look forward to. Energy is eh...it had potential they just need to figure out how to incorporate the non plat users more.

Rhaindra
06-06-2014, 07:28 PM
This event till tuesday. Goblin glaive so far away.ahhhhh

Sent from my GT-B5330 using Tapatalk

FluidShot
06-06-2014, 09:06 PM
It's not even the whole leaderboard thing that is the frustrating part (even though it is...), it's that if you don't have money or gold, you can do three runs every day. Each run is 5 minutes. That's 15 minutes of playtime each day - nothing. I don't really care about the token purchasables, because if I want the wild talisman, I'm better off merching for it than playing for 15 minutes each day for tokens. My main frustration with this event is just the limited play-time.

If the portals found off of mobs were free to enter, I'd be all over this. I just don't have the funds (in-game or real) to enjoy this event in its current state. Knowing there is a potentially fun event going on, being limited to 3 runs a day is just frustrating in its nature.

Endeavorian
06-06-2014, 09:49 PM
It would be cool if u had to pay energy only in city portal and mob drop portal would stay open for like 90 sec like in tarlok event

My thoughts exactly...

Strainearth
06-06-2014, 09:53 PM

+1 agree

Churjya
06-06-2014, 10:30 PM
At least, please cut the energy regen time to 2-3hours. oh well 6+ hours for 1 energy is totally annoying.

Schnitzel
06-06-2014, 10:57 PM
i haven't read through everything but can you guys not let portals spawn just Randomly when we are fighting groups/bosses?

i was runny shuyal today (the map with a boss called "overgrowth") a portal to goblin event appears, accidentally click on it while pressing attack, i click the X and im dead (from enemies/boss)

is it ok if we get prompted to go to goblin event only if we tap the animated portal, and not that pointing hand button that prompts to go to portal?

thanks

calicobridge
06-07-2014, 02:30 AM
So this is the second weekend you leave us with nothing exciting going on, STS. I had hoped given the overwhelming negative feedback you would act swiftly to remedy the train wreck that is the goblin event; after all you have a reasonably good track record of quick response to feedback. Instead you are going to leave us hating the event, the game, and you even more throughout the weekend.

This event is the complete opposite of your previous events because of the energy system. Previous events leave the majority of players--plat spender or otherwise--richer by the end of it. The dailies give more payout. Everyone gets a chance to get valuable items in chests, from dailies and boss drops. This event will likely leave a lot of us broke either from buying energy kit or event items that stay expensive since they are farmed only by a minority of uber rich, plat buying players.

Previous events give multiple incentives for players to run maps, either for killing boss for portals and drops, collecting essences for special gems, or chance of getting egg from event enemies like Jack. The goblin event makes going to map annoying because of the multiple portals that open that some can enter while others can't and have no other choice but to go through the rest of the map alone. And then you have to put a portal in event town. What incentive is there anymore to run map? You can say we can do our regular activities like farming and dailying as usual and leave the event as extra activity. But in that case just omit the portals entirely from normal maps, why don't you?

Previous events boost activity and build camaraderie. More people come online to play and stay longer to complete quests and to hunt. Friendships were built, guilds got stronger as members run hunting parties together. The goblin event makes guild chat full of frustrated and disappointed comments and a lot of unanswered call for parties.

It seems the only ones who are happy about this event is your precious leaderboard leaders.

In all the ways that count, this event is a major failure. And your failure to act quickly to salvage it is even more disappointing. Do you actually believe people will stay in game to do the Ursoth event if this event is any indication as to how it's going to be?

Energizeric
06-07-2014, 02:45 AM
While thinking about the whole energy balls discussion today, I realized something that I think most everyone has forgotten.....there is really an easy fix for this.....

During the Tarlok event, there was 2 ways to enter a portal:

1) find a portal after beating a boss -- the "free" method

2) enter the portal in town and pay plat to enter

During this goblin event, there are also 2 ways to enter a portal:

1) use a free energy ball, that drop from event bosses, or use your free energy ball that gets replenished every 8 hours.

2) use the "pay" energy ball by either buying one for gold or for 5 plat

During the Tarlok event, players without plat could just keep farming bosses and hope to get that free portal every once in a while. The problem with this Goblin event is that the "free" energy balls only drop from event bosses. I have yet to see one drop from a regular boss. So once you are out of energy balls, there is no way to find a free one except to wait 8 hours. So players become bored and angry about this.

So the easy fix is to add free energy balls that drop from regular bosses, and perhaps from elite bosses at a higher rate. Then I think most players will be happy as you will be creating almost the same exact environment that you had during the Tarlok event.

I know there are some people that will be angry that the leaderboard even exists (Tarlok didn't have one) and that those players on the leaderboard will be getting some rewards. If you don't like the leaderboard, then pretend it's not even there. It won't affect you any.

Andrisber
06-07-2014, 03:50 AM
No energy, PLEASE! I spent everything on energy and look how poor i am now...

Kreiss
06-07-2014, 04:17 AM
My score: active since the beginning of the event :) (no gold / no plat)

deadcobain
06-07-2014, 04:33 AM
My score: active since the beginning of the event :) (no gold / no plat)

... and the only affordable item is the vanity -.-

Kreiss
06-07-2014, 04:42 AM
yes , useless and ugly vanity (they just change color) :eagerness:

Super Event !!!

deadcobain
06-07-2014, 04:43 AM
I play tank and smurf, the vanity looks terrible on both, due to the cape the size of a circus tent. Although wait, the helm looks a bit like a gangrenous green beak on my smurf, which is fun.

I keep wondering how many tokens a non plat/gold eventer will actually accrue at the end of it all.

Kreiss
06-07-2014, 04:52 AM
shame they didn't chicken vanity, at least I could buy it at the end of the event:sorrow:

epicrrr
06-07-2014, 05:13 AM
Tier system is good, please dont remove it at Ursoth's Assault. We have a high chance of running to a boss which drop good stuff instead of getting 6 corporal 2 sergeant 1 chief 1 payne that sucks. With us being in gold tiered i always see chief or payne.

FluidShot
06-07-2014, 11:40 AM
I'm just not sure why we can't have the exact same system as Tarlok, and forget completely about the energy thing. Have a free to enter portal after beating bosses, with a low chance of taking you to the best boss where the competitive/pricey gear drops, and if you want to farm just that good boss, pay plat to enter the portal directly. I keep hearing references to the Tarlok event in discussions about this event, and no surprise. Same concept, but a different and for most, frustrating delivery.

Let's say mob-spawned portals were free to enter. Because there is a leaderboard, players who are aiming for top 3 will still pay insane amounts of either gold or plat to go directly to little ridge, and farm quickly. For the rest of us, it'll just give us the opportunity to run to our heart's content.

This system did not need energy at all, and am quite frankly confused as to why they feel like adding the energy system would be an upgrade to the Tarlok concept at all. Let's be real here, the leaderboard is the only thing driving plat sales with the energy atm. Nobody is paying plat to do more bosses to buy the items the token vendor sells. If there had been a leaderboard in Tarlok, the same would have probably happened - a huge increase in the number of plat-purchased portal entries, whereas I know most of my guild during the Tarlok was only farming the spawned portals. More fun for all, but if you wanted to hardcore farm, you still could with plat.

Fate-chan
06-07-2014, 12:51 PM
Well the use of energy (which takes too long to replenish) and energy kits expensive makes the event more of an event only for the rich (plat users or in game millionaires) please make it more balanced.

Hartholzwurm
06-07-2014, 02:46 PM
Wew. Congrats to STS for such a bad event.
Superrich people who are dominating this event and have the best arcane equip will win a rare pet AND arcane Shard? This is the future of this game?? If the coming event would be same kind of scrap only 5 % of the players are happy and rest is uninstalling AL i believe.

Bejogirl
06-07-2014, 02:54 PM
make like tarlok event
this goblin event not fun

Iliketolol
06-07-2014, 03:06 PM
make like tarlok event
this goblin event not fun

Yes!

termi330
06-07-2014, 05:33 PM
Yea.. All people should have same chance to win, rich, no rich, nvm.. This energy is rly bad idea... This system event goblin is only for rich players, it is not fair..

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 7 2013 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Madxnoob
06-07-2014, 07:42 PM
I think sts is doing an excellent job, this is a great plat sink before the real event and im not a huge plat spender but I do spend alittle, so i think there should be a diiference between plat spender and non plat user because I want something extra if spending money, only thing I may suggest as ive seen suggested is maybe combining several crates to make this specail crate because some of us did spend hours n km3 farming n hope of profiting on mythic/dbl odds day. Have a nice day. :banana:

Kakashis
06-07-2014, 08:04 PM
Agree with many, this was the worst event to date. Energy ruined the equality of the event.

fourleaf
06-07-2014, 08:12 PM
DL all over again
Possibly give the energy a much faster regen rate
And/or
Like energizeric said, make energy balls or whatever drop from normal bosses and a decent rate

People want to be in the event maps as long as possible, I would think you would make this more of an option for the casual player
It's a nice mini-event though, I really like the wolf

cooletzzz
06-08-2014, 12:02 AM
Thanks remi! i hope theres some news regarding myths and specially the lockeds as it going very low price... to those not having enoung gold cant manage to buy energy due to the lockeds are low and they're getting as of now theire gold here :)

Ansm
06-08-2014, 12:42 AM
so.. Ursoth's Assault Event will be just like Goblin Event? need tokens, energy and portals too? and I wanna know if the New Mythic Weapons can loot in Locked Crates, I wish Double Odds of Mythic in Opening Locks is true and will be announce soon :) I'm so Exciteeedd >_<

xbadulaserosx
06-08-2014, 12:51 AM
The big problem is they put an Lb contest into the event that makes people more pressure, I dont want my fellow players to be sick just running Lb for an event. Lb should be access by everyone so everyone can compete in a fair manner. Many players has the potential to make it to Lb, give chance to others so everyone is happy. I dont want people to die just for a simple banner and an arcane shard lolzz...
Portals should be free, but make it just enough to find so everyone can enjoy, and make the event drops more interesting, like include nightshade to your drops, not just 3 players in the game . also if you gonna make tokens make a wide variety to buy and to choose from and make the gears really good and every month change the variety of stuff that can be purchase by tokens so people still encourage to hunt tokens.
Energy balls kills the game its a good idea but 8 hrs of wait is not worth it, 30mins to 1 hrs is enough its an event so its not a long time and days just to wait 3 green balls lolz
For the next event pls just make it simple and enjoyable for average players and premium players to enjoy and be happy, sometimes simple things can make a difference. #realtalk

ShannKey
06-08-2014, 01:09 AM
AWESOME!!!!, I am having fun with the goblin event but looking forward to the improvements, especially with the portals and energy. I can't afford to get anywhere close to the leader board without spending all my plat, taking away from my stash for mythic pets and lockeds. Although I still have yet to receive anything good from my farmed locked's lol. I wish they goblin glaive had a lil bit higher damage but i am pleased with DPS and the proc are decent. Thank You STS for your services, Love the Game, and I'm addicted lol. :applause: Can't Wait for all the goodness in Ursoth's Assault and hoping that other players besides just the already top leader board players will be able to get the better goodies lol. I play hard but can't break in lol. Good luck everyone with the new event and Long live the Empire

Pandorix
06-08-2014, 04:17 AM
Sts is just hungry for money. That crap " we r best community" about feedback...they forgot to put "feedback from plats users". They dont give a shet about free users just gimme money money money :S

Послато са GT-I9505 уз помоћ Тапатока

Pandorix
06-08-2014, 04:19 AM
And about that LB places...any free user have chance to be on LB or to win arcane shard? No! First place and shard will go to some rich guy who alrd have xxx milions and arcane ring etc. Bigest fail since im playin this game

Gesaffelstein
06-08-2014, 05:36 AM
As many others have said, make the portals spawn like Tarlok's portals. This was actually fun to hunt for BUT it was also profitable to spend plat to 'meet' the top tier boss, which in that case was Tarlok the dragon. I think this situation was ideal and should be brought back. If the Tarlok event was so successful, why not use the same formula?

Thrindal
06-08-2014, 06:00 AM
As many others have said, make the portals spawn like Tarlok's portals. This was actually fun to hunt for BUT it was also profitable to spend plat to 'meet' the top tier boss, which in that case was Tarlok the dragon. I think this situation was ideal and should be brought back. If the Tarlok event was so successful, why not use the same formula?

While we see Tarlok as having been successful obviously from sts' perspective it was less successful than desired in terms of profit. The problem is this event has actually made me play the game less and to be less interested in the game. From my perspective it was a disaster in every way possible except possibly the teared bronze, silver, gold bar thing but I'm not sure cause I still haven't hit the gold bar yet.

I had no reason or desire to spend the little plat I have much less purchase more.

For me Sts has to hit a home run with the next event or I may never buy plat again and would have to reconsider the value of the game to me and if its still worth playing at all.

This sucks because I have made several friends in game, many thanks to the Tarlok event. So sad that one event that made me want to play so much may be followed by an event that may make me decide to leave the game.

cookiehunterx
06-08-2014, 06:08 AM
Remove energy balls
Ty

Orageunas
06-08-2014, 06:10 AM
Just make energy balls farmable.

Haligali
06-08-2014, 06:44 AM
While we see Tarlok as having been successful obviously from sts' perspective it was less successful than desired in terms of profit.

Any proof on this?

utpal
06-08-2014, 09:17 AM
the only problem that made this event sucks for me are:

#1 energy balls drop ONLY from event boss (make it dropable via. regular/elite mobs or/and boss)

#2 too less energy balls (5-10 balls would be cool)

#3 need to wait 8hrs for energy balls (LOL this is a event, LIMITED EVENT, lower it to 1hr)

#4 portals spawning in the middle of maps (needs to be spawned after boss kill)

#5 token stuffs too costly comparing to token drops (in tarlok event one can get 8-42 tokens and token stuffs r alot cheap)

Otahaanak
06-08-2014, 10:45 AM
Any proof on this?

Good question.

I'm with Thrin on the assumption though.

Reading the forum feedback on what a great event Tarlok was (and as a participant) I agree. So the company goes with a different model with goblin event? it's a logical conclusion to draw.

Another point: why change it despite all the prior negative feedback regarding the possibility of using energy? They release this model anyway. Has to be profit driven or an intentional attempt to cull the player base. Just my opinion.

Sorcerie
06-08-2014, 12:21 PM
Good question.

I'm with Thrin on the assumption though.

Reading the forum feedback on what a great event Tarlok was (and as a participant) I agree. So the company goes with a different model with goblin event? it's a logical conclusion to draw.

Another point: why change it despite all the prior negative feedback regarding the possibility of using energy? They release this model anyway. Has to be profit driven or an intentional attempt to cull the player base. Just my opinion.In addition to this it was also to address the issue of inflation and excess gold within the game from the rich player base and the LB was an attempt to draw these people in with super exclusive items - and to that end it both worked and failed. Many of those players did indeed spend a lot of gold and plat on kits and such, but they quickly realized that this was their intention and stopped participating.

The only ones who continued to participate are the most dedicated and delusional bunch left. So Kudos to them for being the best lab rats in the race.

Edit//

All I know is that there is a massive players base within this game that is furious with this event, myself included, so it's going to take a lot for STS in this next event to change my attitude. I pray for your success with these changes, you'll need it.

Ravager
06-08-2014, 11:32 PM
To be competitve on the goblin event, some users spent over 100-150m in kits. Most likely more. This is a 6 day event. Think of how much is required just to keep up for 3 weeks? This would deter many players.

Ansm
06-09-2014, 12:50 AM
The big problem is they put an Lb contest into the event that makes people more pressure, I dont want my fellow players to be sick just running Lb for an event. Lb should be access by everyone so everyone can compete in a fair manner. Many players has the potential to make it to Lb, give chance to others so everyone is happy. I dont want people to die just for a simple banner and an arcane shard lolzz...
Portals should be free, but make it just enough to find so everyone can enjoy, and make the event drops more interesting, like include nightshade to your drops, not just 3 players in the game . also if you gonna make tokens make a wide variety to buy and to choose from and make the gears really good and every month change the variety of stuff that can be purchase by tokens so people still encourage to hunt tokens.
Energy balls kills the game its a good idea but 8 hrs of wait is not worth it, 30mins to 1 hrs is enough its an event so its not a long time and days just to wait 3 green balls lolz
For the next event pls just make it simple and enjoyable for average players and premium players to enjoy and be happy, sometimes simple things can make a difference. #realtalk

hmm.. they can buy some Energy Kits from Auction, and if they can't afford to buy Energy Kits by gold or plats.. simple.. then, Rest if they have.. then, it's they're choice if they'll continue the contest :D *just wanna say*

VenomsChaos
06-09-2014, 02:57 AM
And about that LB places...any free user have chance to be on LB or to win arcane shard? No! First place and shard will go to some rich guy who alrd have xxx milions and arcane ring etc. Bigest fail since im playin this game

correct on your other points and correct this event fail for more thing..

but about LB top1-3 i am thinking different than you :) and if you read my post - replys about it you will correct with me :)

www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?158410-event-legendary-pet-prize&p=1672739#post1672739

A free player for its same chance to win Top3 <<

a poor or new Free player for its imposible

aimeefa
06-09-2014, 07:56 AM
Can i add suggestion to make the energy spent after boss has been defeated please..

because i noticed that some people had experience that they got disconnected while entering portal (dog walking loading), and ofcourse energy wasted. Need to wait another 8 hrs, too long too frustating :D

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

Thrucho
06-09-2014, 12:16 PM
Gyrm was the star of this event.. I made a lot of gold selling these little frogs hehe :D

Magegrimm
06-09-2014, 04:40 PM
Finally a good event I was getting bored of AL! Glad that you guys have great ideas!

Thrindal
06-09-2014, 05:01 PM
Any proof on this?

Of course I have no proof, sts is not a publicly traded company. This is an assumption based on the fact so many loved the Tarlok event. If it were equally profitable why would have sts put so much effort into an entirely new system? They could have just replicated the Tarlok system with the disappearing portal and called it something else with different bosses and loot.

Now that I finally got gold tier I will say that is the one part of this event that I liked and see value in. It increases the probability of hire level bosses which is very nice.

Doubt I still have time to loot Grym though unless I get incredibly lucky. I will have enough for an iron bite egg but probably nothing else.

chitgoks
06-10-2014, 11:15 AM
lol same here i obly got ironbite from tokens. lost 3x cuz of dc. so i had to buy some kits to be able to be id reach gold status

Sheener
06-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Tarlok was more fun.

VenomsChaos
06-10-2014, 02:58 PM
i just cant believe how unluckly i am...

i cant played today.. my 2 char had 63 token ( yes lol 2 to 63 ) and my main 125 token left ( farmed gyrm.with kits ) <<< i just loged 30 min ago and i see event over :/ soo bad cant get ironbite to and i have 6 junk vanity ( i will not use it and probably cant sell to )

Omg i had energy bars to just cant played because was outside :/

GRATZ TO ME :)

lets hope main quest not gonna have same negatives with this event...

Thrindal
06-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Doubt I still have time to loot Grym though unless I get incredibly lucky. I will have enough for an iron bite egg but probably nothing else.

I know its bad form to quote yourself but just an update. On my very last energy ball of the event I got incredibly lucky and looted Gyrm. (Weird name BTW). I can't say this changed my overall opinion of the event but it added a touch of sweet to an overall sour event.

So in full disclosure I did better than an ironbite egg and a couple vanities. Still couldn't get ironbite on my other max character, was 9 tokens short.

flluby2
06-10-2014, 04:30 PM
Will you fix the server. I have been disconnected many times right after I click enter portal and spend my energy point, the screen will load and load forever until it finally disconnected, and when I logged back in, there goes my energy point wasted.
I must have been disconnected over 10 times on all my characters during the run of the event.
Most of the time, I'm soloing if that makes any difference.
If this disconnecting problem continues, I don't think I will spend any more plats on future events.

flluby2
06-10-2014, 04:32 PM
FYI, not my internet connection. Test with 2 accounts open, only the one running the event disconnects.

deadcobain
06-10-2014, 04:35 PM
FYI, not my internet connection. Test with 2 accounts open, only the one running the event disconnects.

Yep, insane lag spikes inside portals - was a royal pain in the butt. 4 disconnects & wasted energy points.

ain't got no how whatchamacallit (kurt cobain)