PDA

View Full Version : Information on New Mythics & Locked Crates

keikali
06-05-2014, 06:33 PM
This was hidden within the patch note responses today and everyone seemed to overlook this major information since not alot of people bother going through responses.

In regards to the locked crates and Mythics, they will be in the next event. During Urosth's Assault there will be two Crates. During the event special versions of the Grand Watch crate will drop, containing the current Mythics as well as the new weapons. In addition to this event Crate there will also be an Exceptional version of the crate. This one is special in that it will contain double odds on the Mythics, as well as remove the Mythic Armor/Helms from the loot table to ensure more Mythic Weapons overall. Without going into too much detail there will be other ways to get the Exceptional Crates! More info on that when the time is appropriate.

These Crates will drop only during the event, and will no longer drop once Ursoth's Assault has ended. Any Crates that did drop, however that have not been opened will remain until they all have been opened.

This is the current plan, and subject to change but chances are unlikely. I do have to state that it may change because a lot of things are being re-thought for the Ursoth Assault Event given all of the information and feedback we are gathering during the Goblin Event. With Urosth's Assault planned to last quite a bit longer than the Goblin Event, we have a lot of refining to do to make sure it is fun and exciting for everyone. Don't worry, we're up to the challenge :)

Link: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?158171-Goblin-Event-Update-Changes-and-What-to-Expect-in-the-coming-Ursoth-s-Assault-Event&p=1670865&viewfull=1#post1670865

Update: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?158193-Information-on-New-Mythics-amp-Locked-Crates&p=1671186&viewfull=1#post1671186

Yes.

When the Ursoth's Assault Event starts, current Locked Crates you have will get a new grafic icon and description and be changed to have a chance at the new stuff. When the event ends they will change back to normal.

Obviously after reading all the rage posts, they changed their course of action.

j3peaz
06-05-2014, 06:38 PM
Count down to lock prices launching in......

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Archerios
06-05-2014, 06:44 PM
I believe those special crate are as rare and expansive as the new mythic weapons itself.

Kuragasi
06-05-2014, 06:50 PM
Ty kei, good find!

Samhayne
06-05-2014, 06:53 PM
There will also be the mechanic used in the Tarlok Winter Event to combine lower level chests to form higher level chests. More details on that front coming soon.

Raregem
06-05-2014, 06:53 PM
Hopefully they do change this so the "current" lockeds have the mythics and just implement the special double odds crates for the event. I really want to know if there will be arcane in the event lockeds to, or only mythic and below.

csyui
06-05-2014, 06:56 PM
There will also be the mechanic used in the Tarlok Winter Event to combine lower level chests to form higher level chests. More details on that front coming soon.

Multiple original crates = 1 event crate?

keikali
06-05-2014, 06:57 PM

I'm guessing this is one way to get the exceptional crate. Combining a couple of the normal ones.

Morholt
06-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Yeaaaaa, this is going to make a lot of people upset... o.O

twoxc
06-05-2014, 07:03 PM
so what about the Witch locked crate that people are holding on to now? will they contain new mythic weapon in them or no?

keikali
06-05-2014, 07:04 PM
so what about the Witch locked crate that people are holding on to now? will they contain new mythic weapon in them or no?

From what Carapace said in his post, no. Only the crates dropped during the event will contain them.

twoxc
06-05-2014, 07:11 PM
exceptional crate xD that's a sign of upgrading just like when we gem our equipment to get exceptional.

falmear
06-05-2014, 07:11 PM

Lol so now you need plat to craft these chests. Can't possibly craft enough when only 5 crafting slots.

Oonova
06-05-2014, 07:14 PM
You shouldn't need plat to craft them and then to open. That's just excessive.

Ravager
06-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Lol so now you need plat to craft these chests. Can't possibly craft enough when only 5 crafting slots.

I hope that's not the reason why they left the old mythics in :(

falmear
06-05-2014, 07:26 PM
I hope that's not the reason why they left the old mythics in :(

I don't know but now they replaced old locked with new locked which has the same odds to loot mythic weapon. And a second chest which has double odds. So now we don't even know if you can take the old locked to craft a new locked with new mythics. Or just new locked to double odds locked. Whatever scenario you describe, basically with 5 crafting slots you can't possibly craft enough. So now you need multiple characters or use plat to finish the crafting. Because I am sure like previous events they will take away the recipe. My guess is that new locked will craft double odds locked. And old locked will be not usable as part of the event.

Also unlike previous events elite golden chests won't have mythics, so seems like you need plat now to get a mythic. Before you could buy up elite goldens and open them. But with this energy system you need plat to even think about looting them.

Energizeric
06-05-2014, 07:32 PM
I posted this in the other thread, and I will post it again here:

I think something has to be done to make regular locked crates interesting again. A year ago when you opened a locked crate, the mythic items you could get were all worth 3m-12m gold each. Then on top of those mythic items, we had the "double odds" mythic weapons weekend where you had better chances at looting mythic weapons. And of course you had a small chance at looting one of the few arcane items.

But now there is nothing mythic that is worth even 2m that drops from a locked crate. It's still those exact same mythics from a year ago with nothing new. So most of us are just holding the crates waiting for something better and not opening them. I haven't opened crates in a year, and I was actually planning to open a bunch once the mythic loot is improved. I realize there is a chance to get a very valuable arcane item, but the chances are too low unless you open a thousand crates. So I'm more concerned with mythic items, and right now I don't see anything worthwhile that can be looted, so I'm in a holding pattern.

My suggestion is adding the mythic weapons to the loot table of the regular locked crates, and then have the event "special" locked crates be the ones with double odds. Or if you want to be really interesting, you could call those event special crates "Ursoth's Locked Mythic Crates" where they guarantee a mythic weapon or Arcane item every time and cost 1000 plat to open. Then make them rare items that rarely drop from the event bosses, and possibly Elite Tindirin bosses. Make this special crate a mythic rarity item that can be rerolled from a legendary item, and you will get people farming with luck elixirs all event long hoping to loot one of these special crates. And if they do not have the 1000 plat to open one, they can sell it for many millions.

keikali
06-05-2014, 07:36 PM
My suggestion is adding the mythic weapons to the loot table of the regular locked crates, and then have the event "special" locked crates be the ones with double odds. Or if you want to be really interesting, you could call those event special crates "Ursoth's Locked Mythic Crates" where they guarantee a mythic weapon or Arcane item every time and cost 1000 plat to open. Then make them rare items that rarely drop from the event bosses, and possibly Elite Tindirin bosses. Make this special crate a mythic rarity item that can be rerolled from a legendary item, and you will get people farming with luck elixirs all event long hoping to loot one of these special crates. And if they do not have the 1000 plat to open one, they can sell it for many millions.

God no. Guaranteeing a Mythic Weapon or Arcane item will destroy the economy. People spend Plat in THOUSANDS just to have a chance at either and you're suggesting only 1K plat to open?

Energizeric
06-05-2014, 07:37 PM
God no. Guaranteeing a Mythic Weapon or Arcane item will destroy the economy. People spend Plat in THOUSANDS just to have a chance at either and you're suggesting only 1K plat to open?

I said to make them rare. Everyone has been asking for ages to have something really valuable that drops directly from a boss. Well, here it is. This special locked crate will be worth many millions for sure, and will drop directly from a boss. But keep them rare enough that they do not have a big impact on the prices of arcane items and mythic weapons.

Pandamoni
06-05-2014, 07:38 PM
What a load of crap. They don't give is anything to do for how long except farm crates if we don't pvp and then they make them valueless? I'm so disgusted right now. Shame on you guys.

Ravager
06-05-2014, 07:38 PM
So do the normal zones dropped the new crates?

Tendirin
06-05-2014, 07:39 PM
So our chance on mythics are lower?

keikali
06-05-2014, 07:39 PM
I said to make them rare. Everyone has been asking for ages to have something really valuable that drops directly from a boss. Well, here it is. This special locked crate will be worth many millions for sure, and will drop directly from a boss. But keep them rare enough that they do not have a big impact on the prices of arcane items and mythic weapons.

Having them drop from a boss would be fine as there is a PvE aspect to it, but guaranteeing the item for a suggested amount of plat is not a good way to this. Maybe offering double odds on the crate itself, but not guaranteeing the item.

Energizeric
06-05-2014, 07:45 PM
Having them drop from a boss would be fine as there is a PvE aspect to it, but guaranteeing the item for a suggested amount of plat is not a good way to this. Maybe offering double odds on the crate itself, but not guaranteeing the item.

If they are super rare then it is fine. It would be no different than if the weapons themselves dropped directly from bosses. Except in this case STS gets to make 1000 plat on each one that is looted.

Midievalmodel
06-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Awww man. I guess its time to check myself into LHA (Lock-Hoarders Anonymous)

Oonova
06-05-2014, 07:56 PM
What a load of crap. They don't give is anything to do for how long except farm crates if we don't pvp and then they make them valueless? I'm so disgusted right now. Shame on you guys.

I agree. Not using locks that we have been farming for months for mythics is shocking. Where we all wasting our time and money?

Kakashis
06-05-2014, 07:58 PM
This news on top of the current event has been absolutely devastating and the worst few days in Arcane Legends history to me anyways. What adds insult to injury is that I just rerolled a locked in elite tindirin :mad: prices are already crashing on locked. I will not panic sell in HOPES they make it right somehow and not just bombshell that our crates are all junk and that's that. This move of special crates was highly unnecessary. Words can't even describe how upset I am after hearing this. Depending on what they do with the crate system and the energy system, and if token items surpass elite drops, this seriously could mean certain retirement from this game for a few players I know.

I'm always an elite runner, but if the runs are ruined, I can't see myself standing in towns waiting for energy to refill.

Ladydice
06-05-2014, 07:59 PM
This is complete bull imo..... way to make ppl a lil less interested in play STG!!!

Proper
06-05-2014, 08:10 PM
So all this time we r collecting locked for nothing waisted all our gold on them? Hrs of farming for nothing ?????????

Trenton
06-05-2014, 08:15 PM
My big question:

Will there be new gems in the Ursoth's Assault Event?

Ursoth's Glacial Gem
Ursoth's Fire Gem
Ursoth's Blood Gem

??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

obee
06-05-2014, 08:23 PM
Plat...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Bluevaporz
06-05-2014, 08:23 PM
This was hidden within the patch note responses today and everyone seemed to overlook this major information since not alot of people bother going through responses.

Thanks for the update kei!

As a disclaimer, I understand nothing is set in stone currently because of the what happened during the Goblin event and we are still weeks away.

What I don't understand is why there is a need to replace the original locked crates during the event. I have no problem with the addition of double odd crates. I just don't see any reason why we have regular crates, then "special versions" of locked crates during the event and then we'll be back to the normal crates once again. It just makes for a messy and convoluted system that doesn't adhere to past mythic weapon events.

The only reason I can see is if Spacetime is moving away entirely from locked crates as a source of revenue other then during "special events" and shifting to the energy system.

Also, a few people have brought it up but from this short description there isn't a method for non-plat users to loot these mythics weapons as I am assuming both version of the locked crates will require plat to open. Unless similar to the tarlok event we have a small chance to get mythics from normal event chests

Allison
06-05-2014, 08:25 PM
If there is no way to craft current locked into the new locked form without spending platinum, or if new mythic will not be available in current locked crates, I see no reason to play arcane legends anymore. I am a middle class player with not enough money for arcane, I saved a bunch of lock for the event hoping to open many and sell the rest. Hoping to at least try to earn a profit in this game which is becoming increasingly difficult for me. And now I find out the locked I do have will be worthless.. nobody who I have talked to is happy about this and to be sure these new crates will not help the game's economy by any stretch. I understand you're trying to come up with new methods and ways to spice up the game, but I wish you would have a committee of game players both plat spending and freeplay players who you ask about these big changes and if they like the idea or not. This way you are less likely to announce an idea that backfires and engages the community. I'm sure many people would be willing to answer a weekly or monthly survey so it wouldn't be difficult to put together a small group of different styles of players to get feedback from.

sevenpain
06-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Ferrari for all employee

varetai
06-05-2014, 08:39 PM
Once again STS do not think the players...

Waheedski
06-05-2014, 08:40 PM
I think someone in STS needs to stand up against whoever is making these loony decisions of late (looks like finance department) sorry to sound rude but it's true. Looks like a lot of 'Yes Men' attending those meetings. Exploited contest, plat guzzling 24 hour cool down energy balls and now new myths in new lockeds O.O and something about lockeds being forged into one super locked or something.

People bought luck lix and farmed like crack heads, I am starting to feel sorry for their hard work being wasted. I just hope I misunderstood the whole thing about lockeds.

EDIT: *removes paper bag from mouth after hyperventilating* Samhayne has now stated lockeds WILL have a chance at containing NEW mythics.

neko
06-05-2014, 08:47 PM
People bought luck lix and farmed like crack heads, I am starting to feel sorry for their hard work being wasted. I just hope I misunderstood the whole thing about lockeds.

I'm going to start feeling sorry for others in the same boat after I'm done feeling sorry for myself. It might take a while.

Archerios
06-05-2014, 08:48 PM
For me,I will not sell my crate now because I have spent time around 3 months when I can sell it for around 9k but now only 8k.Tho,we haven't heard official annoucement and information about how those special crate drop or craft and the most important is about the new Arcane pet.We haven't heard anything further about them.So let say Shady and Surge can be loot from normal crate,then crate price will go up.

keikali
06-05-2014, 08:50 PM
For me,I will not sell my crate now because I have spent time around 3 months when I can sell it for around 9k but now only 8k.Tho,we haven't heard official annoucement and information about how those special crate drop or craft and the most important is about the new Arcane pet.We haven't heard anything further about them.So let say Shady and Surge can be loot from normal crate,then crate price will go up.

Ami already mentioned in the teaser video that Shady & Surge is from a "special" reward during the event. Its going to be similar to this Goblin Event where the First Place gets a Shard.

neko
06-05-2014, 08:51 PM
So let say Shady and Surge can be loot from normal crate,then crate price will go up.

Judging from latest trends, highly unlikely.

Goodhabbit
06-05-2014, 09:07 PM
So does this mean that all hard-core locked farmers who farm for almost a month for the current lockeds that they thought will have a chance to drop the new mythic weapons and hold them for higher price in ursoth event will be useless. Let say, the farmers which farm lockeds in almost a month(they don't waste time in chatting etc. Just log in and waste the time in farming those lockeds) farmed 500 locks to hold them until the ursoth event come where the new mythic weapons will drop from locks. Then suddenly you check the forum and find this thread...(what do you think their reaction maybe mad, maybe happy, maybe disappointment, maybe thinking to quit this game because they don't even inform them that there will be like, or maybe regret the time you play this game just to farm locks and in just a moment, the current lockeds will be useless, they will just drop price not what farmers expect. If you could convert atleast 2 locked-1 locked which drop mythic weapons will be just ok and 4 locks for 2x odd mythic locked or make the current lockeds qill be the one who drop shady and surge so it the price will go up not continously dropping price. But if you don't have plans for these. Prepare to lost farmers, hoarders, uninformed plat users who bought hundreds of locked but they don't have the chance to get those new mythic weapons because the one they planned to open is the one who just drop mythic that are now 800k-1.4m .

I know this is not that official and can be changed. If sts read this, pls have a look on those farmers, holders etc.(being one of them, this is definitely not good for us)
I wish I misunderstand about this. But if it is the way it is, 2 words...(hardwork) (useless)

kyou19
06-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Sigh... This is just sad.

Archerios
06-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Judging from latest trends, highly unlikely.
But after STS read all those locked farmer thought,I believe they will make locked crate in use for Ursoth event.Yes,I hope so.

VenomsChaos
06-05-2014, 09:25 PM
i hope i did understand wrong by my bad english... if i didnt , its what i am seeing On AL.
1= farm lock isnt worth now if the lockeds will cheap

2= elites get boring to, also hard to find party, ppls not runing as befores because alot player on a WAiT AND SEE What will happen Mod

3= arena not worth to farm, and no news in arena its boring.

4= event not for free players / not for small play buyers to.

5= future events will be with energy ball so they are not for me to, thats mean no hope on future.

Also i have 700+ locked right now, my all farming times gone for nothing ?

so a pve player for its a Game Over ? what to do in game now ?

This news keep slaping and slaping on the Face, this slaps will be stop ? or will keep come ?

its really hard to understand STS points... if a free or small plat user cant enjoy the game <<< trust me they will just stop play, and a while later Huge Plat players will be bored to... am i wrong ? i am sure comminity know it to thats why i will still wait for the see what will happen ( ofcourse i will not active as before because nothing to do for me right now )

-- Energy bar event = i start play only 20-30 min now, its was 2-6 hour before..
-- i just see my all lockeds efforts will be junk + new events will be energy bars to <<<< its made me open Google Store

Rean
06-05-2014, 09:41 PM
I am guessing STS knows that there are many locked crates floating in the game, and they are trying to create a "crate sink" here.

For a double odds at the new mythic, I suppose it will be considered fair to combine 2 locked crates and costs 30 plats to open, and no more than that?

VenomsChaos
06-05-2014, 09:44 PM
So does this mean that all hard-core locked farmers who farm for almost a month for the current lockeds that they thought will have a chance to drop the new mythic weapons and hold them for higher price in ursoth event will be useless. Let say, the farmers which farm lockeds in almost a month(they don't waste time in chatting etc. Just log in and waste the time in farming those lockeds) farmed 500 locks to hold them until the ursoth event come where the new mythic weapons will drop from locks. Then suddenly you check the forum and find this thread...(what do you think their reaction maybe mad, maybe happy, maybe disappointment, maybe thinking to quit this game because they don't even inform them that there will be like, or maybe regret the time you play this game just to farm locks and in just a moment, the current lockeds will be useless, they will just drop price not what farmers expect. If you could convert atleast 2 locked-1 locked which drop mythic weapons will be just ok and 4 locks for 2x odd mythic locked or make the current lockeds qill be the one who drop shady and surge so it the price will go up not continously dropping price. But if you don't have plans for these. Prepare to lost farmers, hoarders, uninformed plat users who bought hundreds of locked but they don't have the chance to get those new mythic weapons because the one they planned to open is the one who just drop mythic that are now 800k-1.4m .

I know this is not that official and can be changed. If sts read this, pls have a look on those farmers, holders etc.
I wish I misunderstand about this. But if it is the way it is, 2 words...(hardwork) (useless)

EXAMPLE = ME and my farm group...

i have 700+ locked and farmed all for the sell on new mythic update... my plan was sell all than buy a mythic weapon. and trust me its wasnt only 1 month as you said :) and its wasnt fun to farm that lockeds, keep run same map again and again isnt fun... i got a painly time for the save that lockeds for the start fun after new mythics <<< and my all painly times will be END without Fun ? No Way if this happen like that, there only thing to do " uninstall "

Right now with the energy system i am on the my limit... if my all farm going to be junk, i cant handle it anymore...

ALSO I NEED A ANSWER FROM DEV

can you clear this topic ? our lockeds going to be junk ? Because right now idk what will happen and i am Just waiting <<< i need a Correct Clearly answer for the draw my way

kjed
06-05-2014, 09:49 PM
All my locks are gonna be worthless.

(Shakes head of disappointment)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

officiallyjun
06-05-2014, 09:51 PM
another plats player favor..so disappointing if its true..

Kakashis
06-05-2014, 09:57 PM
I panic sold most of my crates at 8k each. Only have around 100ish left. Perhaps I'll save just those to see what STS will do.

If it's like last event, it'll be 3 locked for one 2x odds, and then five 2x odds crates for 1 only new mythics crate. Yes, it's a crate sink.

Twomucho
06-05-2014, 10:02 PM
Gonna pretend I did not see this info-.-

VenomsChaos
06-05-2014, 10:05 PM
I am guessing STS knows that there are many locked crates floating in the game, and they are trying to create a "crate sink" here.

its acceptable if they make it on new cap.. but just not on new mythic weapon update...

Or if new mythics cant be found from old lockeds, than they better do we can combine 3 locked and open they for the free <<< its a good way to locked sink.

or new lockeds can be combine with the old lockeds for the FREE open...

if need a locked sink, we can giwe 10-20-30 idea for the STS...

So Many idea for the sink just going to write last one...

Arena Can Be Drop a New chest, and this new chest + 2 locked can be craft and be ready for the open Free, that new composed box will giwe every mythic arcane in game, only not new weapons <<< that way ppls will be Active to and old locked farming players will not upset to

Also its can be like that = chest + a number of old lockeds compose.. this box openable with 10 k <<< this will be help for gold sink to

Kenneth Sabando
06-05-2014, 10:08 PM
7 plats to open new crates please :d

Meljann
06-05-2014, 10:14 PM
I hope we can loot the mythic with the lockes that we have right now,if not I'm am going to be very upset

Rare
06-05-2014, 10:21 PM
Wow. Just dont know what to say.

Serancha
06-05-2014, 10:22 PM
I would guess the special crates are going to cost a whole lot more to open than the current ones. If this is the case and they make it something ridiculous like 100plat to open an exceptional crate, the community will implode.

Layzi
06-05-2014, 10:24 PM
no the locks now will go really high so keep ur crates listenn!!
if it takes 2 normal crates to form a super one ( those 2 normal crates are your hard earned money ) the rich plat buyers will buy 1000s of dollars of plat open super locks and waste lots of money on YOUR lock ;) we get gold they get their top items , we buy top items from them fair enough they waste real money we waste nothing but time :)

Og kush
06-05-2014, 10:27 PM
i hope i did understand wrong by my bad english... if i didnt , its what i am seeing On AL.
1= farm lock isnt worth now if the lockeds will cheap

2= elites get boring to, also hard to find party, ppls not runing as befores because alot player on a WAiT AND SEE What will happen Mod

3= arena not worth to farm, and no news in arena its boring.

4= event not for free players / not for small play buyers to.

5= future events will be with energy ball so they are not for me to, thats mean no hope on future.

Also i have 700+ locked right now, my all farming times gone for nothing ?

so a pve player for its a Game Over ? what to do in game now ?

This news keep slaping and slaping on the Face, this slaps will be stop ? or will keep come ?

its really hard to understand STS points... if a free or small plat user cant enjoy the game <<< trust me they will just stop play, and a while later Huge Plat players will be bored to... am i wrong ? i am sure comminity know it to thats why i will still wait for the see what will happen ( ofcourse i will not active as before because nothing to do for me right now )

-- Energy bar event = i start play only 20-30 min now, its was 2-6 hour before..
-- i just see my all lockeds efforts will be junk + new events will be energy bars to <<<< its made me open Google Store
Looks like you understand completely

Samhayne
06-05-2014, 10:30 PM
I hope we can loot the mythic with the lockes that we have right now,if not I'm am going to be very upset

Yes.

When the Ursoth's Assault Event starts, current Locked Crates you have will get a new grafic icon and description and be changed to have a chance at the new stuff. When the event ends they will change back to normal.

Layzi
06-05-2014, 10:35 PM
Yes.

thanks sam now everyone will be happy so now no more complainin threads since plat buyers will ALWAYS be on the top because they pay for this game and us free to play players only play because of the plat buyers fyi im not a plat buyer i do offera ive had 5k plat before all off offers maybe everyone should do the same if cant do any save 20$ its not that hard lol..

Og kush
06-05-2014, 10:36 PM
I guess that means sts has had enough. Or they have enough of our money they can say gotcha suckers. Cause we have been hood winked , led astray, told it was good when it really ment nothing. Sts counting are dollars and doing what they want to do with game play. No amount of crying will undo what is about to take place. It a boils down to 2 choices either play or don't. We don't mean nothing. I guess it's time to put in more time on my other games. I probably go to chat till it cost plat to do that, too

Raregem
06-05-2014, 10:43 PM
Yes.

Thank you for clearing that up, was a bit of panic for a second.

keikali
06-05-2014, 10:44 PM
Yes.

So to clarify, old crates are fine right now?

Sdbigdaddy
06-05-2014, 10:45 PM
Ouch, more bad news. Not too excited about the prospects for the future. I remember how excited I was about getting to "craft" a weapon. Now I can't even craft anything bc of the update. Going to wait for my items in cs to expire and take a break from this game. It's gone from "great" to "sucky" in a short period of time. Hopefully my pets will be back when I check back in a few weeks.

Hey, if anyone has a great free game to play now let me know :)

Ninjasmurf
06-05-2014, 11:00 PM
So do these new chest need plat to open or are they free?

Kakashis
06-05-2014, 11:14 PM
Maybe I shouldn't have sold al mine xD oh wells

Raymond05
06-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Time to farm more again. :-))

keikali
06-05-2014, 11:23 PM
Original post updated with the "change" to not mislead everyone who didn't read Sam's latest post.

Archerios
06-05-2014, 11:58 PM
lol at people who sell all his crate for 8k
:worked_till_5am: <<< how they face looks like now

Eski
06-06-2014, 02:21 AM
The question is..will they cost 15 plat as usual to open them or will the cost more ..u know cause their supa dupa special..

otakudesuu
06-06-2014, 02:45 AM
I don't think the locked crates we have right now would not reach its price to atleast 20k. There are many players who kept locks, and, if I'm right, the new crate from ursoth will have double odds while the locked grand crate will not.

Just my opinion, not a fact. :)

Kakashis
06-06-2014, 02:51 AM
I don't think the locked crates we have right now would not reach its price to atleast 20k. There are many players who kept locks, and, if I'm right, the new crate from ursoth will have double odds while the locked grand crate will not.

Just my opinion, not a fact. :)

Let's hope so. I think many locked crate poppers already stocked up on a vast amount. And there's lots of people that want to make a good amount of coin as well. That and the mythic weapons are all defensive types. Have to wait and see

Meljann
06-06-2014, 03:14 AM
Ty for the info ^.^

Filthyness
06-06-2014, 03:29 AM
Thus far this is what i understood :
The normal locked crates will drop the new mythical items on the other hand the new locked crates will have double odds on the new mythical items , hmm don't you think that STG is trying to lower the locked crates price ? , and prevent " Platinum whales " from stocking vast amounts ?

Jonnymaynard
06-06-2014, 03:32 AM
I think they will make the new lockeds drop often enough behind portals to make the old ones worthless.
If the new lockeds need 30plat to open (or something like that) and people pay energy to farm them they will make enough profit.
As a side effect they will cause al the players holding 200+ lockeds to loose their investment, and lead them to spend plat to keep up.

Filthyness
06-06-2014, 06:04 AM
I think they will make the new lockeds drop often enough behind portals to make the old ones worthless.
If the new lockeds need 30plat to open (or something like that) and people pay energy to farm them they will make enough profit.
As a side effect they will cause al the players holding 200+ lockeds to loose their investment, and lead them to spend plat to keep up.

well most of the " platinum players " are the ones who stacks a vast amount of crates , if they lose their investment they might never invest again ...... at least that what i would do

Bigboyblue
06-06-2014, 06:19 AM
Yes.

Sam,

Will there be a plat cost to convert the existing crates to the new type of crates? Also will this change happen instantaneously or will there be a wait time like crafting? If there is a wait will it take one of our crafting slots?

VenomsChaos
06-06-2014, 06:36 AM
Looks like you understand completely

:(:(

VenomsChaos
06-06-2014, 06:53 AM
from the my understanding..

old lockeds will stay how they are.

and the new lockeds will have double odds to lvl 41 mythic weapons...

if its happen like that, and the new lockeds drop everywhere on the event, this is ok...

but if the new lockeds drop only in a play area i am negative with it.. ( 8 hour for 1 enter still meaning plat area. And also 15 k to 1 energy still a plat area )

if the new lockeds drops in a plat area, and farmable portals can be enter this area Free << its still ok...

valheeru
06-06-2014, 07:11 AM
I guess that means sts has had enough. Or they have enough of our money they can say gotcha suckers. Cause we have been hood winked , led astray, told it was good when it really ment nothing. Sts counting are dollars and doing what they want to do with game play. No amount of crying will undo what is about to take place. It a boils down to 2 choices either play or don't. We don't mean nothing. I guess it's time to put in more time on my other games. I probably go to chat till it cost plat to do that, too

i am waiting for them to release new chat pots (30 mins chat time) and plat maps

Sfubi
06-06-2014, 07:13 AM
Quick!!!!! Everyone overreact!!!!!!

Hoardseeker
06-06-2014, 07:20 AM
Yay! Locks go down -.-" sniff

Haligali
06-06-2014, 08:34 AM
i am waiting for them to release new chat pots (30 mins chat time) and plat maps

There was already plat map during the nordr campaign - the elite mines of nordia - but since that was announced as a plat content, less people complained.

The communication is a very important part.

octavos
06-06-2014, 08:56 AM
This is very interesting information indeed. Before I do anything..im waiting to see how this plays out. Im not going to make any assumptions till its live and how the market reacts to this.

Than, Ill formulate an action plan to see how I can get the best bang for my buck.

:ghost:

Jonnymaynard
06-06-2014, 09:18 AM

notfaded1
06-06-2014, 09:42 AM
Mega props to Carapace for first scaring the crap out of me in his response to my question... then the community for reacting... and now Sam for coming up with a solution that we're all going to be able to live with!!! See the community and STS can work together to sort these things out :^} Keep the faith. Also I know Remi has really helped with this as well and we thank you :^}

Kakashis
06-06-2014, 01:23 PM
Mega props to Carapace for first scaring the crap out of me in his response to my question... then the community for reacting... and now Sam for coming up with a solution that we're all going to be able to live with!!! See the community and STS can work together to sort these things out :^} Keep the faith. Also I know Remi has really helped with this as well and we thank you :^}

I sold all mine :disillusionment: oh wells got a deal on something else xD

sunny2306
06-06-2014, 02:19 PM
If they are super rare then it is fine. It would be no different than if the weapons themselves dropped directly from bosses. Except in this case STS gets to make 1000 plat on each one that is looted.
guaranteed super rare mythic drop from a particular type of crate for say 1000plat is just another way of saying, making that very rare mythic plat purchaseable. Looks like we need a new blacksmith shop in the game ^_^

Amicusdei
06-06-2014, 03:43 PM
Yes.

This is what was described from the start, unless i misunderstood what was posted.
I think we may be a little quick to panic on most things, let's give these guys a little more credit.
IMO, STS works hard to make this game fun for all, big spenders or not.
They deserve the benefit of the doubt if/when there is any doubt.
This is a free market, they have no incentive to destroy their own game. Quite the opposite.
More players/viewers = more revenue.

Keep up the good work STS and thank you for an awesome game.

Xyzther
06-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Yes.

Whooops rip 250 locks then 0.o

Kujimasun
06-06-2014, 06:22 PM
I would guess the special crates are going to cost a whole lot more to open than the current ones. If this is the case and they make it something ridiculous like 100plat to open an exceptional crate, the community will implode.

My thoughts exactly. It seems most new additions have strings attatched. I'm actually surprised more people did not touch on this.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Kujimasun
06-06-2014, 06:23 PM

Dont forget bamboozled! Lol

Lepidoptera
06-06-2014, 09:04 PM
I hate plat maps, I hate energy system. If the next event use again the energy balls as the Goblin one, the only left choice is quit. Who wants to feed STS's greedy with no fun back?

csyui
06-06-2014, 09:20 PM
Seems like event crates don't need plat to open, which sounds good to rest of us.
I guess the event crate will drop from event boss like previous Tarlok event.

uriraran
06-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Time to leave for People heavily invested on locked crates...

Xyzther
06-06-2014, 09:59 PM
yes.

When the ursoth's assault event starts, current locked crates you have will get a new grafic icon and description and be changed to have a chance at the new stuff. When the event ends they will change back to normal.

read this

supersyan
06-07-2014, 12:10 AM
Event crate tradeable?

sazib
06-07-2014, 02:54 AM

IF this is true then Really thanks to sts because non plat user get chance get mythic i guess... Hope sam confirms the same :)

sazib
06-07-2014, 03:08 AM
Event crate tradeable?
it should !! need dev's confirmation tho..

VenomsChaos
06-07-2014, 03:41 AM
IF this is true then Really thanks to sts because non plat user get chance get mythic i guess... Hope sam confirms the same :)

i think it will be 1/1000 chance for free players :)

i am not Sure but i think that chest will ne drop rare from a event boss, and free players will be enter it 1 time in 8 hour :)

well we will see :))

Kakatoa91
06-07-2014, 05:05 AM
Bla...

Old new new old change rechange double special craft plat myth... blabla.

You need to simplify and clarify from start.

Just stop spreading little by little info to few people of what might or not coming.

If you are ready just make a clear post in announcement forum (announce it ig too)where we can see whats really going to be in place.

Otahaanak
06-07-2014, 09:05 AM
^This. A million dollar game and any info is given like a game of 2nd grade telephone.

Rare
06-07-2014, 10:30 AM
Bla...

Just stop spreading little by little info to few people of what might or not coming.

If you are ready just make a clear post in announcement forum (announce it ig too)where we can see whats really going to be in place.

This is the way it always is. I'll never understand why its important to keep things so close to the vest.

deadcobain
06-07-2014, 10:32 AM
This is the way it always is. I'll never understand why its important to keep things so close to the vest.

Good marketing...creates buzz.

Moehummer
06-07-2014, 12:46 PM
This thread confused me, more than it answered questions about what is planned.

Seems like No more lock popping for me.
I don't usually farm or craft chests!

Rare
06-07-2014, 03:38 PM
Good marketing...creates buzz.

Makes sense. There's no buzz though. And there's no marketing. We all already play the game. They are not marketing anything.

When you're marketing... you're aiming for people you don't already have. Not the loyal buyers.

Kakashis
06-07-2014, 03:56 PM
Bla...

Totally agree. From the original statement it clearly stated that only the new crates would drop new mythics weapons. Didn't even talk about the fact that old crates would undergo a transformation. I think their original plan was to have a crate sink, but backlash from community changed their minds on the fly which has caused confusion overall.

Old statement:
-old crates drop what it does now (junk)
-ursoth crates drop new weapons with everything else
-crafted (from something) crates have double chance
-special exceptional crates don't drop old mythics

Current statement:
-old crates get transformed to new ones
-double crates
-exceptional crates

I wish the statement about the crate system was never mentioned. Even now there's some doubt as to how the double and exceptional are made

Mrwolfla
06-11-2014, 10:33 AM
Did you guys even read the second part? CURRENT locked will be transformed into the Ursoth Crates, and go back after event. Current locked will be able to drop new items

Kujimasun
06-16-2014, 11:49 AM
Did you guys even read the second part? CURRENT locked will be transformed into the Ursoth Crates, and go back after event. Current locked will be able to drop new items

Incorrect. The initial announcement stated old locks will be transformed. That statement has changed and they will need to be crafted to change into new locks.

Ravager
06-16-2014, 12:28 PM
Incorrect. The initial announcement stated old locks will be transformed. That statement has changed and they will need to be crafted to change into new locks.

All crates automatically become Ursoth crates. Exceptional Ursoth crates need to be crafted from Ursoth crates.

Meemaw
06-16-2014, 06:18 PM
Please someone answer this question... if you have lockeds in your inventory, will they turn into Urloths chests?

FluidShot
06-16-2014, 07:42 PM
Please someone answer this question... if you have lockeds in your inventory, will they turn into Urloths chests?

No. So far, the system is you will need to craft locked crates + special essences that drop on any map together to make an event chest. The lockeds you currently have will not​ change into the event chests, you need to craft them to upgrade them.

Energizeric
06-16-2014, 07:47 PM
I suggest all of you assume that all advance information from STS is subject to change at any time. Just play the game as if you have no idea what will happen next and enjoy. Pretend this forum does not exist and STS never says a word about future plans. If you do that then you won't be disappointed anymore.

Kujimasun
06-17-2014, 10:59 AM

No.

Kujimasun
06-17-2014, 11:03 AM
All crates automatically become Ursoth crates. Exceptional Ursoth crates need to be crafted from Ursoth crates.

If that is the case why don't the old crates drop new mythics? The only way to get new mythics is to craft your old crates.

deadcobain
06-17-2014, 12:24 PM
We don't know all the details about ursoth and its mechanics yet - let's wait and see? Maybe sts has really cool stuff planned for us all.

ain't got no how whatchamacallit (kurt cobain)