PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on PvE Build

Caiahar
06-05-2014, 11:31 PM
Hi,
I specced into a a different build for sorcerer, i would like some feedback.
My old skill build (Not including passive)
4 fire, no -hit.
4 frost, no ice patch
3 light, only crit and dmg upgrade
4 time, no root
4 arcane shield, no knock back

I found the old one..kinda dull..so i changed into

4 fire
4 frost
3 light
4 time
5 gale force

As you see, I have max gale now, and i rather like it. Yes, i know i dont have shield, but i find it that if im good enough i dont need it.
I also found out that i can strategically make some combos with Gale forces dash upgrade, i can swing around mobs, shoot a fireball or frost, send out a time clock, etc.
Also, i think i get 40 armor or so for like 5 seconds. Not sure if it helped, but ill take it.
It also helps me get out of bosses red zones pretty easily.
When i run WT4 or Nordr maps, i use gale to knock them down, at the same time dashing behind them, charging up a Fireball, Frost, or Time Shift while im dashing, at let it go when im behind them.
So far, i havent died too much, its a bit harder to solo, with no shield, but it still works wonders.

This is off topic, but the pets i use are:
Ribbit
Ethyl
Orion
Vixen
Flapjack.
Im working to get Colton, Crawly, or Shadowlurk one time or another, and Samaels out of the question.
What are your guys opinions? I would like some good feedback.
Also keep in mind i am a 28 sorcerer.
Thanks

Madnex
06-06-2014, 04:42 AM
Not bad.

For non-elite PvE you don't really need shield unless you want to powerlevel with group and intend to do large pulls.

You might want to specialize in Lifegiver to save potions if you're still low level. If you have no issue with potions then don't.

Try this combo after you bunch 'em up tight: charged fireball, uncharged gale, charged frost bolt, charged time shift.

Caiahar
06-06-2014, 08:14 AM
Not bad.

For non-elite PvE you don't really need shield unless you want to powerlevel with group and intend to do large pulls.

You might want to specialize in Lifegiver to save potions if you're still low level. If you have no issue with potions then don't.

Try this combo after you bunch 'em up tight: charged fireball, uncharged gale, charged frost bolt, charged time shift.

Thanks

Im trying not to use Lifegiver, as it can get you aggro, and you can get killed. But if things get too difficult, i might use it. But then again, i use potions, and potion spamming on chrome is quite easy.

grumpy
06-06-2014, 08:53 AM
Thanks

Im trying not to use Lifegiver, as it can get you aggro, and you can get killed. But if things get too difficult, i might use it. But then again, i use potions, and potion spamming on chrome is quite easy.

I believe it doesn't aggro as long as you dont get the HP or MP regen upgrade. Only get the mana heal upgrade. Unless someone can confirm otherwise? But I never noticed any additional aggro from using lifegiver.

Caiahar
06-06-2014, 09:06 AM
Thanks

I believe it doesn't aggro as long as you dont get the HP or MP regen upgrade. Only get the mana heal upgrade. Unless someone can confirm otherwise? But I never noticed any additional aggro from using lifegiver.
I only know from 26 cap, samhayne stated Lifegiver will gain aggro. Not sure if they changed it.