View Full Version : PVE Buid

cindersx
06-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Currently:
Fire 4/5
Ice 4/5
Time 5/5
Shield 4/5

I've been thinking about getting rid of shield until I cap. When I cap is when I will start doing elites.

Question, is this a good idea? If so, should I change shield to gale or lightning?

:)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

radagan
06-07-2014, 11:08 AM
Shield is good in bosses u can swap skills

grumpy
06-08-2014, 12:42 AM
if you are interested in saving pots run: fire, ice, lightning, clock, heal for normal map

Then when you cap, spend 5 plat to respec and get shield, replacing heal. Shield isnt really necessary for normal mode and leveling, assuming you are decently equipped for your level

cindersx
06-08-2014, 11:44 AM
if you are interested in saving pots run: fire, ice, lightning, clock, heal for normal map

Then when you cap, spend 5 plat to respec and get shield, replacing heal. Shield isnt really necessary for normal mode and leveling, assuming you are decently equipped for your level

I have good gear and a lot of pots. So I'm guessing I should replace shield with another skill? And I should go with lightning over gale?

grumpy
06-08-2014, 04:50 PM
I have good gear and a lot of pots. So I'm guessing I should replace shield with another skill? And I should go with lightning over gale?

If pots aren't an issue for you then go full offensive: fire, ice, clock, lightning. You can also swap lightning for gale if you are running a lot of tombs to level. Gale's AoE works great in the narrow tunnels of Watchers/Kraag/Kraken Tombs. Just respec shield into your build once you cap, its necessary for elites.

cindersx
06-08-2014, 04:54 PM
If pots aren't an issue for you then go full offensive: fire, ice, clock, lightning. You can also swap lightning for gale if you are running a lot of tombs to level. Gale's AoE works great in the narrow tunnels of Watchers/Kraag/Kraken Tombs. Just respec shield into your build once you cap, its necessary for elites.

Ok, thanks for the help :)

utpal
06-09-2014, 07:10 AM
gale is good in elite tindirin if u use it correctly.

Newcomx
06-11-2014, 08:42 PM
I would go 5/5 on Frost Bolt, Lightning good for boss (my build 4/5 no shock)

Madnex
06-12-2014, 04:51 AM
Since this is bumped anyway, here are my suggestions.

First, go 5/5 on fireball, that 25% hit percent debuff helps a lot more than you'd think as practically 1/4 of the enemy hits miss. Secondly, go only 3/5 on frost bolt, extra three seconds and damage over time - the 20% chance to freeze already happens without the upgrade (maybe a bug) and the ice patch is practically useless unless you are combining it with Whim's AA or rogue traps.

Bigboyblue
06-12-2014, 06:42 AM
Since this is bumped anyway, here are my suggestions.

First, go 5/5 on fireball, that 25% hit percent debuff helps a lot more than you'd think as practically 1/4 of the enemy hits miss. Secondly, go only 3/5 on frost bolt, extra three seconds and damage over time - the 20% chance to freeze already happens without the upgrade (maybe a bug) and the ice patch is practically useless unless you are combining it with Whim's AA or rogue traps.

^^^^^^This

Candylicks
06-12-2014, 08:32 AM
Currently:
Fire 4/5
Ice 4/5
Time 5/5
Shield 4/5

I've been thinking about getting rid of shield until I cap. When I cap is when I will start doing elites.

Question, is this a good idea? If so, should I change shield to gale or lightning?

:)

Yes shield you can drop for now but pick up again at cap or when you start running elites. I recommend trying both gale and light, if you can respec a few times. Best way to learn mage is to try different builds as you level.