PDA

View Full Version : Locked Crates are still worth or just junk ? (Mythic armor?)

mahony
06-08-2014, 01:49 PM
I don't know what to do now .. i see 8k locks in the auction and 10k the elixirs its just not worth anymore to farm lockeds .
When the new update will come are this lockeds worth or they are just junk ? Can someone clear me if im right or wrong ? Should i keep my lockeds or sell them now ?

What about the mythic armor will there come out new mythics armor ? Beacuse i want to buy this mythics helm and armor to be a mythic player to but don't know if its worth .

Kakashis
06-08-2014, 02:02 PM
I personally sold all 500 of mine. Locked are only worth what people are willing to pay for them. Many are hoarding to sell and those wanting to open have super stocked up/stocking up. Also with the double odds crates and only new mythic weapons exceptional crates, just not sure how much interest there will be in the original ones. It was a horrible move on STS part.

Attack Dog
06-08-2014, 02:02 PM
Locks are garbage, I'm selling them all now, just taking out the trash

mahony
06-08-2014, 02:05 PM
so this lockeds are junk now ? but with the new event ?

Filthyness
06-08-2014, 02:06 PM
Locks are garbage, I'm selling them all now, just taking out the trash

i just wanted to remind you , the new crates is not permanent , it will be removed after the event , on the other hand locked crates will still worth 14-17 k each in the mythic weekend , because the new ones need to be crafted .....

Legallyblonde
06-08-2014, 03:00 PM
STS has plans for locks. I'm gonna start saving all of mine from this moment on.

matanofx
06-08-2014, 03:07 PM
All locked will have chance to contain new mythics during next event

Our already owned locked will change name during event and will have chance to loot mythic set/amu/ring/weapons. after event is over crates will get their names and loot changed back to normal

There will also be a new type of crates special for event, these will have a double shot to loot mythic and will not contain mythic set (helm/armor) to make the odds to loot mythic weapons greater.

Im keeping on me as many crates as my plat allows me to open and some extra in case their value goes up and ill sell whats left.

Amicusdei
06-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Buy and hold. All good investment strategies are long term.
The way to get hurt on a roller coaster is to jump off.
Hopefully this will be the big money event we crate farmers have waited a long time for.
Good luck to all the free market capitalists out there. :)

Kakashis
06-09-2014, 01:48 AM
Like I said earlier, if crate poppers prefer the 2x or the exceptional crates over regular ones, then expect to sell regulars after the event. It's New territory this time as pretty much a loot lix guarantees 1 or more locked if you farm it hard making for an overall increased supply as elixor kits are new. I've farmed back around 40 so far and it's another few weeks away so do what you must do! I was seriously out of inventory and kept dying at bosses scrolling though pages of locked to get to my luck lix.

Khairi
06-09-2014, 01:51 AM
And I just being called by somebody as "NOOB" because I'm hoarding crates and 'he' say lockeds now are junks. I wonder whom.

Filthyness
06-09-2014, 02:54 AM
All locked will have chance to contain new mythics during next event

Our already owned locked will change name during event and will have chance to loot mythic set/amu/ring/weapons. after event is over crates will get their names and loot changed back to normal

There will also be a new type of crates special for event, these will have a double shot to loot mythic and will not contain mythic set (helm/armor) to make the odds to loot mythic weapons greater.

Im keeping on me as many crates as my plat allows me to open and some extra in case their value goes up and ill sell whats left.

yes , almost typical to my plan but the question we need to ask will the new crates be tradable ?

Linkincena
06-09-2014, 04:18 AM
I sold all my 600 locks...

Haligali
06-09-2014, 05:08 AM
Lockeds are the best investement. It cost plat to open,sts never let it allow to be worthless.

Geraus
06-09-2014, 11:28 AM
this is the only right move for sts, the market is flooded with arcane items because the cs are flooded with the crates. Imagine if someone hoard and open 3000 locked chest then the new mythics will not be that rare. The idea for the new locked chest is great, the new mythics will have a good value and much harder to acquire. I do not get it why people complain. Quitting because they hoard a lot of crate blah blah. Old locks should have the old loots, new locks should have the new loots. But sts is kind enough that they made the old locks a chance to drop the new mythics but in a very low chance unlike the new locked chest that only drop the new mythic items with 2x the odds. The old locks are not useless, because in the future it will drop the old mythics and arcanes, so how come they will be useless. New players will still buy the old mythics to level up easily, for the hol achievement, or use it for their twinks.

Aliliam
06-09-2014, 11:44 AM
I personally used up all my gold to buy some locks...they are worth 8K now and will be worth 12K+ in no time...This had happened before during the intro of the gem's essence. The price will rebound in a few months or weeks...

Geraus
06-09-2014, 12:03 PM
I personally used up all my gold to buy some locks...they are worth 8K now and will be worth 12K+ in no time...This had happened before during the intro of the gem's essence. The price will rebound in a few months or weeks... That time luck elixirs cannot be traded. Right now everyone can farm locked chest. Lock chest will drop its price because almost everyone farm locks everyday unlike in the past that only plat spenders can farm locked chest with ease. 12k locks is when only plat spenders can farm them. I doubt this will happen again since their is a major changes in the game.

Kakashis
06-09-2014, 12:12 PM
That time luck elixirs cannot be traded. Right now everyone can farm locked chest. Lock chest will drop its price because almost everyone farm locks everyday unlike in the past that only plat spenders can farm locked chest with ease. 12k locks is when only plat spenders can farm them. I doubt this will happen again since their is a major changes in the game.

This is exactly what I was thinking as well. Not saying that it's not possible to go back to 12k, but when theres a major change in the system, history doesn't always repeat.

mahony
06-09-2014, 02:24 PM
i dont know what to say ! Keep it or sell it when the event comes ? !!!!

Kakashis
06-09-2014, 02:32 PM
i dont know what to say ! Keep it or sell it when the event comes ? !!!!

No one can say for sure, history would tell you to sell later. Overall price of 7-8k in cs now shows that many are dumping and not enough buyers have confidence even at these cheap prices due to announcement. Could be looking at around the same price later, or worse with more supply and less demand. We already know that there will be 2 additional and better crates than these ones. If crate poppers prefer those ones, then should have sold now or have to wait till after event to sell.

Aliliam
06-09-2014, 08:12 PM
You know the lock priced drop because of a bs announcement that was posted in the forum...It was steady at 10k even with luck kits...besides luck kits are random-they don't always give you luck lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk