PDA

View Full Version : Save the Goblin event

Milan Lame Man
06-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Dear STS,

there are "a few" issues with the Goblin event, and while this was only a test, adding limited rewards make it kind of obligatory for players to participate.

First the issues:
1. I believe the progress of PUG players is slower than envisioned, as there are inevitably more people less advanced than more advanced, and the boss is determined by either the first or lowest member, rather than average or highest. This means that 65 tokens will be out of reach for most free players, not to mention getting ALL the rewards.
2. The bosses are pretty tough at lv41. If it was possible to use pets, I would not say a thing, but as all my stun and health-boosting pets are inaccessible, and point (1) forces me into soloing mode, I must say the difficulty is somewhat over the board.

Now there are 2 things that may save the event from becoming a total disaster.
1. Extend the event for 2 or 3 days to compensate for the slower progress. The leaderboard should obviously be closed on Tuesday, as planned.
2. Make token vendor available after the event ends, as most people will be postponing the purchase to the last possible moment. I am at ~45 tokens by now, about to hit gold, so reaching 65 tokens is a 50% yes or no.
2b. Or at least announce the exact hour when the event ends.

Sincerely Yours,
somewhat disappointed free player

Attack Dog
06-08-2014, 04:04 PM
I think a banner or title just reaching gold tier would absolutely nice.

Crowsfoot
06-08-2014, 04:07 PM
Sam already confirmed no changes. We got what we got. The main event (Ursoth's Invasion) should be more interesting and will include many "fixes."