PDA

View Full Version : New Bear Ability: Vampirism

nazgulking
01-01-2011, 04:15 AM
Hi there folks!
Since I've just deleted my bear and I'd like to play it again from scratch and since so many players have suggested something that might make them appealing again I'm here to give my contibute!
I suggest removing the healing ability bears have and swap it with a brand new ability: VAMPIRISM!
How does it work? As the ability says it you gain health from killing enemies and here how it should procede:

Level 1: Gain 5% health each succesfully enemy slained.
Level 2: Gain 10% health each succesfully enemy slained, and 25% from each miniboss.
Level 3: Gain 15% health each succesfully enemy slained, and 25% from each miniboss.
Level 4: Gain 20% health each succesfully enemy slained, and 25% from each miniboss, and 50% from each boss.
Level 5: Gain 25% health each succesfully enemy slained, and 30% from each miniboss, and 50% from each boss and your allies gain the same (Yes the ability becomes AOE)

I'm still unsure if this ability should be passive or be cast upon for a long time (like BOV and BOS)
Suggestion delivered!

Pharcyde
01-01-2011, 04:23 AM
I sense Edward will be the next charecter of Pocket Legends... *Sigh*

I like the concept but bears don't have "Vampire" like qualities, plus they are hard enough to kill because of their massive hp and armor. Enchantress already has drain life too so its just a copy of the spell.

nazgulking
01-01-2011, 04:30 AM
What do you suggest then? If you "like the concept" means something of what I wrote you like, adjust the suggestion with your toughts. Besides is not a copy of drain life as much as the regenerate ability of bears is equal of the regenerate ability of birds :) If you think the name is not pertinent suggest another one that might fit better. The only thing I'm not sure are the stats in the level raising.
P.S. I don't like the eclipse saga, i was thinking of the vampirism ability of the dread Lord of Warcraft 3 :)

Pharcyde
01-01-2011, 04:38 AM
What do you suggest then? If you "like the concept" means something of what I wrote you like, adjust the suggestion with your toughts. Besides is not a copy of drain life as much as the regenerate ability of bears is equal of the regenerate ability of birds :) If you think the name is not pertinent suggest another one that might fit better. The only thing I'm not sure are the stats in the level raising.
P.S. I don't like the eclipse saga, i was thinking of the wampirism ability of the dread Lord of Warcraft 3 :)

A ability like drain life would make bears too overpowered again. Instead we need a charge ability or a ability to turn aggro back onto the bear.

nazgulking
01-01-2011, 04:43 AM
I've played bears and they suck on pots too much to my liking (might be that I'm not the type to play bears); my Pally has better survivability to my experience. Enchantresses and Pallies have an edge over the others, because they have the healing ability. That's why I suggested an ability that turns enemies slained (Bear's job) into health.
P.S. What do you mean by a charge ability?

Pharcyde
01-01-2011, 05:56 AM
I've played bears and they suck on pots too much to my liking (might be that I'm not the type to play bears); my Pally has better survivability to my experience. Enchantresses and Pallies have an edge over the others, because they have the healing ability. That's why I suggested an ability that turns enemies slained (Bear's job) into health.
P.S. What do you mean by a charge ability?

Enchantress's get 1 hitted by bosses too. A good Enchantress guzzles more potions then your average tank. Bears are fine as they are, other then they need a boost in damage.

What I mean by a charge spell is a spell that temporarily speeds up the bear and also allows for a very very critical first hit(s) on the boss.
1.) Allows bear to catch up if he falls behind while running to a boss
2.) Allows bears to seal aggro on him with the extra time provided by increase in movement speed.
3.) The high criticals in the beginning help prevent a aggro switch.

nazgulking
01-01-2011, 02:30 PM
A good Enchantress guzzles more potions then your average tank.
I'm not conviced by this, especially that a good enchantress has to suck up on pots to be good. An enchantress can be weak if you don't know how to use her spells. I seldomly use pots (mainly when i get an aggro on some tough boss and can't escape it and the overlord of course but not that much)and I never buy pots for my int mage (a bit more for my pally but still randomly). Enchantress has to retreat when her spells are recharching and I can get into the middle of the battle and get out all in one piece, without using a single pot. I add that with my bear I was using far more pots than my mage and very quickly going broke (actually my mage is my farmer LOL).
Returning to the point Maybe the 25% health bonus can be too much, maybe lowering to 15% would be more appropriate. Plus the name can be changed to Retaliate instead of Vampirism.
I agree that bears need additional damage, but a bit of health (i say it again REPLACING the actual healing spell the bear have) wouldn't be so bad, and by adding this aoe spell, I would like to have a bear side by side my mage, in case enemies are kicking our *** badly and my heal spell is recharching (and yes it can make the difference between victory or defeat timing even if healing cooldown for enchantresses are short I often find myself dead while the heal recharges)

Ruscour
01-01-2011, 03:24 PM
A ability like drain life would make bears too overpowered again. Instead we need a charge ability or a ability to turn aggro back onto the bear.

Taunt?

A charge would be great though :D

Ersana
01-01-2011, 03:33 PM
May I suggest something different how bout a defence reduction for a damage increase.

Lvl1. -10% defence for +10% damage

lvl2 -15% defence +15 dmg

continue in 5% percent increments

[Lt] Shiny
01-01-2011, 03:48 PM
I von't to suck your blode!!! XD JK. But seriously, in my opinion, this new ability idea for a Ursan Warrior isn't so bright and thought properly. The warrior shouldn't be granted an ability to drain life (like a Mage) or else they will become too over powered for people's likings. The reason is because the warrior is mostly focused on melee-ing and stunning in PvE. That's why there are health and mana potions. Giving a similar special that the Mage already has is completely useless and a waste of attributes. So I vote no for "Vampirism". Sorry man.

Pharcyde
01-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Taunt?

A charge would be great though :D

Taunt sucks soo badly though. It doesn't work on ao3 bosses.

I'm not conviced by this, especially that a good enchantress has to suck up on pots to be good. An enchantress can be weak if you don't know how to use her spells. I seldomly use pots (mainly when i get an aggro on some tough boss and can't escape it and the overlord of course but not that much)and I never buy pots for my int mage (a bit more for my pally but still randomly). Enchantress has to retreat when her spells are recharching and I can get into the middle of the battle and get out all in one piece, without using a single pot. I add that with my bear I was using far more pots than my mage and very quickly going broke (actually my mage is my farmer LOL).
Returning to the point Maybe the 25% health bonus can be too much, maybe lowering to 15% would be more appropriate. Plus the name can be changed to Retaliate instead of Vampirism.
I agree that bears need additional damage, but a bit of health (i say it again REPLACING the actual healing spell the bear have) wouldn't be so bad, and by adding this aoe spell, I would like to have a bear side by side my mage, in case enemies are kicking our *** badly and my heal spell is recharching (and yes it can make the difference between victory or defeat timing even if healing cooldown for enchantresses are short I often find myself dead while the heal recharges)

A good enchantress that does its job properly is extreme mob nuking. Which turns 100% of aggro onto the enchantress. Thus to survive, the enchantress puts up mana shield and guzzles potion after potion. When thats out, the Enchantress guzzles health potions to save his butt. I don't use the wand and doll, I use the Keeper Staff of the Cosmos. When using that weapon, it is way easier to outspam your mana regeneration. I usually use about 1000 health potions and 1500 mana potions a day. On my bear I only use about 500 of each, and I do a great job on my bear.

nazgulking
01-02-2011, 04:40 AM
So It's a great NO. Meh -_-
Ok then this thread can be closed.
P.S. To Pharcyde: I have gurgox eye + wand, so I don't suck on pots so much, I don't like staves, I prefer protection and spells spamming rather than raw firepower

bladesword
01-03-2011, 02:18 AM
Bears arent mamalian. More likely vampire abilities should go on birds..
Well.... nice try on trying to equalize the pvp?

Taunt makes the mobs go on you. so it means that if the bear is a tank, the other members can survive.