PDA

View Full Version : New goblin ring and wild amulet review

Wutzgood
06-08-2014, 06:11 PM
So started testing out the wild amulet of brutality and the new gold tier goblin ring out today. Both have the procs (looks like a sun symbol like a weapon proc) and go off pretty frequently.

The wild amulet proc happens as you take damage and gives off a different color glow depending on the stat boost(red, green or blue). In a mob it goes off a lot but you have to take shots for the boosts to occur. IMO I'd reccomend it over the lunar for the stats being very similar but the wild amulet has the proc which goes off a lot and will boost your stats higher overall.

The goblin ring (gold tier) makes your character glow red and get spark effects when the proc goes off.It goes off very often also. It's not a good ring unless you are trying for high crit and dodge with lowered stats but looks good when the proc goes off.

Gonna keep testing these two items tonite but these are my initial tests on proc frequency. The goblin ring isn't good at all but the wild amulet is a great amulet for Mage anyway. Haven't tested the rogue or warrior versions yet.

Crowsfoot
06-08-2014, 06:20 PM
Ring is level two and can't compete at end game, mine is liquidated.

The amulet is encouraging me to sell my doom.

tharidom
06-08-2014, 06:23 PM
There is a way to see what stats are boosted by the necklace when the buff gets activated u see a red,blue, or green light at your hero red is strength blue is intelligence and green is dexterity

Wutzgood
06-08-2014, 06:58 PM
lol shouldn't test things while tired the boot symbol was just my wind speed boost.

Gonna fix opening post

Shanamerny
06-08-2014, 06:59 PM
I still have the level 2 ring because who knows what sts might come up with calls for it. Idk..

I like the wild amulet. I love the proc (this will sound girly) because of the bright colors ^-^ (who doesn't want it just cause of that?) I saw someone wrote that it's a bit better than fang.. not entirely sure though. Can any rogue chime in? I want to try it in elite.. works well in reg maps. Oh, dod I mention it's cuteness? C:

Attack Dog
06-08-2014, 07:42 PM
They need to make them stashable

Frekken
06-08-2014, 11:50 PM
I'd like the glow to stay as long as the effect, I can't event screencapture it, stays as 2 secs top

Wutzgood
06-09-2014, 12:01 AM
I'd like the glow to stay as long as the effect, I can't event screencapture it, stays as 2 secs top

Yeah this is my only problem with the proc. It happens fast and with all the blasting going on when using my Mage it's tough to see during combat. A great amulet tho and I would recommend it for mages.

Legallyblonde
06-09-2014, 12:08 AM
I like the wild amulet. I love the proc (this will sound girly) because of the bright colors ^-^ (who doesn't want it just cause of that?) I saw someone wrote that it's a bit better than fang.. not entirely sure though. Can any rogue chime in? I want to try it in elite.. works well in reg maps. Oh, dod I mention it's cuteness? C:
ImO fang and talisman are all about playstyle. Fang gives more damage but talisman gives more armor. I picked fang cause it's particles are nicer! :p

Legallyblonde
06-09-2014, 12:09 AM
ImO fang and talisman are all about playstyle. Fang gives more damage but talisman gives more armor. I picked fang cause it's particles are nicer! :p

Archerios
06-09-2014, 12:37 AM
If I wear the ring and the amulet and they proc,does it stack?

Kakashis
06-09-2014, 01:41 AM
I'm testing out the new wild amulet. So far it's pretty darn good and makes you light up like a Christmas tree!

deadcobain
06-09-2014, 02:19 AM
Weird that new items can be upgraded but not old ones. Am impatiently waiting for the 2 gem in my wild will tali.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Waheedski
06-09-2014, 04:51 AM
The amulet for me reduces my health by 184 but boosts my armour above 2.4k. I prefer health as my armour is near 2.3k. For this reason this amulet is a no for me.

Madnex
06-09-2014, 05:33 AM
The new talisman is awesome for warriors as it trades off a bit of damage for some armor awesomeness and the whole proc is warrior-friendly since tanks take the most hits.

For mage it's a fairly good choice as well, adds to overall durability at a small damage cost. I would suggest it, as the HP-armor scale for sorcerer is around 3.5 to 1.

The thing for rogues is, even with two supergems that push the damage and HP to equal the one of fang's, you're still losing around 3-4 critical rate. So we're talking about a 3-4 critical versus 81 armor; take your pick.

deadcobain
06-09-2014, 05:38 AM
The amulet for me reduces my health by 184 but boosts my armour above 2.4k. I prefer health as my armour is near 2.3k. For this reason this amulet is a no for me.

Gives me over 2500 armor and drops health to 6200.

Majorlegion
06-09-2014, 05:58 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/09/ede9yvat.jpg not that good for my mage

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

termi330
06-09-2014, 06:20 AM
I still have the level 2 ring because who knows what sts might come up with calls for it. Idk..

For pvp fang is still best of all amulets. Talisman amulet could be better on elite than on pvp

Aliliam
06-09-2014, 08:55 AM
I have bought the wild amu of potency (rouge) seems good enough to replace the tarlok amu that I have. The problem is that my Tarlok has perfect gems, I can't do perfect gems now so I can't really say how much better is the wild amu. Also Im loosing 20 str in exchange of 20 int. Gain about 3 dex or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

basketholic209
06-09-2014, 09:40 AM
The new talisman is awesome for warriors as it trades off a bit of damage for some armor awesomeness and the whole proc is warrior-friendly since tanks take the most hits.

For mage it's a fairly good choice as well, adds to overall durability at a small damage cost. I would suggest it, as the HP-armor scale for sorcerer is around 3.5 to 1.

The thing for rogues is, even with two supergems that push the damage and HP to equal the one of fang's, you're still losing around 3-4 critical rate. So we're talking about a 3-4 critical versus 81 armor; take your pick.

3 - 4% critical vs 81 armor + proc (best for warrior though, but not bad for rogue)
I cannot decide, arghhh!!!

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Zyphruss
06-09-2014, 09:42 AM
Wild talisman proc is cool! You'll get buff when you take damage from enemies. Isn't it amazing? :) but i don't like losing my 3% crit from fang if I wear wild talisman of potency.

Shanamerny
06-09-2014, 10:27 AM

I like the particles too ^^

Shanamerny
06-09-2014, 10:28 AM
I'm testing out the new wild amulet. So far it's pretty darn good and makes you light up like a Christmas tree!

I think it's the cutest :D I want to test it out in elite as well. Lmk, we can run together? :)

Shanamerny
06-09-2014, 10:33 AM
For pvp fang is still best of all amulets. Talisman amulet could be better on elite than on pvp

I don't PvP, so no worries for me. :D I do want to try it out in elite though. Maybe the added armor will be good for soloing elite or parties that have no tank? Not sure. Worth testing though. ^^

Veluthe
06-09-2014, 03:50 PM
I got amulet for my rogue and have super gemmed it. I must say its similar to super gem fang maybe slightly worse. Add the procs tho and its better. Ive sold fang already.

Aliliam
06-09-2014, 05:06 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/10/7a2y5ugy.jpg

Wild potency lv41

IM wearing tarlok brutality lv36 super gemmed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default112
06-09-2014, 05:35 PM
.....so doom prices plumate hahaha
cs as of 06/09/14... =$199k

Zyphruss
06-09-2014, 05:40 PM
I just compared fang with wild, fang better for the crit while wild potency better when it procs.

Wutzgood
06-10-2014, 12:36 PM
Ok finished upgrading my wild amulet. Both my lunar and wild amulets ended up with one super glacial gem each. Rest were normal glacial gems. These are the stat differences that each has higher than the other. All other stats remained the same.

Wild:
+3 str
+36 health
+2 int
+1% bonus damage
+20 mana
+81 armor

Lunar:
+2.25% crit
+4.5 damage
+5.7 dps

Lunar has slightly higher crit and damage, but if the wild amulets proc goes off the lunar will have lower damage and crit also. My final thoughts are both are great amulets but I would go with the wild amulet because of the proc and armor bonus.