PDA

View Full Version : Noob question

LoveMadrid
01-01-2011, 05:34 AM
I just started around a couple of weeks ago n im only lvl 30 ..

At lv 30 for PvE.. is Strength build and Dexterity build entrantress better than intelligence ..? :confused:

Pharcyde
01-01-2011, 05:38 AM
I just started around a couple of weeks ago n im only lvl 30 ..

At lv 30 for PvE.. is Strength build and Dexterity build entrantress better than intelligence ..? :confused:

Nope nope. There are three reliable PvE builds:
1.) Paladin: Puts enough into strength to equip bear armor for that level, and the rest into int.
2.) Pure Int Mage: Puts everything into int, can cast massive amounts of damage, only down side is they die easy.
3.) Dual build: Can equip two top level gears without the need to respc.

There are Dex Mages or "Glass Cannoners". Personally the only difference I see with them is they are birds with Enchantress spells, I would barley even describe it as a "Mage Class"

LoveMadrid
01-01-2011, 05:55 AM
3.) Dual build: Can equip two top level gears without the need to respc.

Whats dual build and what attribute does are the points attributed to ..?

LoveMadrid
01-01-2011, 05:56 AM
1.) Paladin: Puts enough into strength to equip bear armor for that level, and the rest into int.

And how much Strength do i put ..? What Level equips is enough ..?

Pharcyde
01-01-2011, 06:07 AM
And how much Strength do i put ..? What Level equips is enough ..?

You put enough strength to equip bear items of your level. So since your level 30, you will be using ice bear items.

I don't know how much ice bear gear requires so lets just say 100 for a example. You will put 100 into strength, then put whatever is leftover into int. Most you will ever need is 158, that is enough to equip the top bear gear.

Whats dual build and what attribute does are the points attributed to ..?

Dual build is where you can equip two top gears without the need to respec. As a mage, you can dual build Int/Str or Int/Dex.

The process is long and kinda tricky so I will give you a link to a good Dual build guide.

Dual Spec Guide (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?13772-Dual-Spec-Guide.)

KingFu
01-01-2011, 06:10 AM
Here's another guide I made for dual wielding:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?8252-quot-Dual-Twinking-quot-The-new-way-to-PvP-(Paladin-Pure-mage-guide)&highlight=Dual+twinking

That might help since it explains how to dual weild between a lvl 30 pally and int Mage. :)

Pharcyde
01-01-2011, 06:13 AM
Here's another guide I made for dual wielding:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?8252-quot-Dual-Twinking-quot-The-new-way-to-PvP-(Paladin-Pure-mage-guide)&highlight=Dual+twinking

That might help since it explains how to dual weild between a lvl 30 pally and int Mage. :)

:o I didn't know you had a dual wield guide too!

KingFu
01-01-2011, 06:14 AM
:o I didn't know you had a dual wield guide too!

I helped figure it out a couple months ago with banned and Harold. We were one of the first few to do it :) Harold is the one that really came up with it and brought it to life though.

Pharcyde
01-01-2011, 06:17 AM
I helped figure it out a couple months ago with banned and Harold. We were one of the first few to do it :) Harold is the one that really came up with it and brought it to life though.

Heheh I wish I played more back then. I am a oldie based on how long I have had Pocket Legends downloaded (since the start) but I truely started playing just a month or so ago when I bought platinum and made a forum account :p.

KingFu
01-01-2011, 06:20 AM
Yeah, Dawn and Range I think were the 2 I was talking to. They downloaded it in early April, but they hadn't played it until months later. It was really a completely different game then, there were pros and cons. Depending on how far you date back. The best days IMO were LE days, full of bugs. There was one bug where a warrior would pass a corner of anywhere, stomp, and they could walk outside of the zone!! It was so fun! Man, I do miss those days, but I have made a lot more and better friends since then, so I'm happy:)

Pharcyde
01-01-2011, 06:28 AM
Yeah, Dawn and Range I think were the 2 I was talking to. They downloaded it in early April, but they hadn't played it until months later. It was really a completely different game then, there were pros and cons. Depending on how far you date back. The best days IMO were LE days, full of bugs. There was one bug where a warrior would pass a corner of anywhere, stomp, and they could walk outside of the zone!! It was so fun! Man, I do miss those days, but I have made a lot more and better friends since then, so I'm happy:)

I didn't start playing for reals until the game got better :P. I remember when they charged like 5 bucks to get the other maps, and the free app of the day that gave it away for free just once :). When I came back they had platinum, thats kinda when I started getting more into the game.

KingFu
01-01-2011, 06:31 AM
Yeah, maps used to be 2.99 I believe. And everything in the plat store was .99 cents each. Heh, wonder what made them think of plat and make then cheaper.

Pharcyde
01-01-2011, 06:34 AM
Yeah, maps used to be 2.99 I believe. And everything in the plat store was .99 cents each. Heh, wonder what made them think of plat and make then cheaper.

Think it has to do with luring more players in. they see all kinds of stuff they can get for platinum vs. buying a app that they don't see any features for. The winner of which will make more moneys pretty clear :P. I remember the forest haven castle that lead into the dungeon instead of the hidden path.

LoveMadrid
01-01-2011, 06:35 AM
You put enough strength to equip bear items of your level. So since your level 30, you will be using ice bear items.

I don't know how much ice bear gear requires so lets just say 100 for a example. You will put 100 into strength, then put whatever is leftover into int. Most you will ever need is 158, that is enough to equip the top bear gear.

Dual build is where you can equip two top gears without the need to respec. As a mage, you can dual build Int/Str or Int/Dex.

The process is long and kinda tricky so I will give you a link to a good Dual build guide.

Dual Spec Guide (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?13772-Dual-Spec-Guide.)

So how does people get all the pro equips .. The only equips i can get is the ones u buy from NPC which im sure its crap .. ==" i only have 80 DPS and 30 armor ..

Pharcyde
01-01-2011, 06:38 AM
So how does people get all the pro equips .. The only equips i can get is the ones u buy from NPC which im sure its crap .. ==" i only have 80 DPS and 30 armor ..

You can purchase them from players with gold or get them as rare drops from bosses.

Ice items drop uncommonly-rarely in the lost expedition from bosses.

LoveMadrid
01-01-2011, 06:44 AM
and how dose people get guns and all those fashions .. i only got hooch hat from boss

KingFu
01-01-2011, 06:46 AM
They farm them, in ao3, but you're not ready for that. Just try and get loot from bosses, and check CS. They usually have what you need:)

Pharcyde
01-01-2011, 06:47 AM
There are two types of guns.

The oldschool Musket and high tech alien weapons.

The Musket drops from Pa Mccroc in Scalefields homestead, its not a 100% drop chance like hooch hat though.

Guns drop off of certain bosses in Alien Oasis 3. The rarest and best being the Mega Blaster.

KingFu
01-01-2011, 06:49 AM
There are two types of guns.

The oldschool Musket and high tech alien weapons.

The Musket drops from Pa Mccroc in Scalefields homestead, its not a 100% drop chance like hooch hat though.

Guns drop off of certain bosses in Alien Oasis 3. The rarest and best being the Mega Blaster.

I would think the rarest would be a lvl 50 ryylox Alien blaster:p hehe

Estraz
01-01-2011, 06:57 AM
Good job Pharcyde, you pretty much said it all.

Pharcyde
01-01-2011, 07:01 AM
Good job Pharcyde, you pretty much said it all.

This is my section, I better have :D. This section of the forum has a big ol Stamp O' Pharcyde on it

I would think the rarest would be a lvl 50 ryylox Alien blaster:p hehe

Haha never ever heard of itz :p.

LoveMadrid
01-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Ty for ur replies guys :) it really help alot :)

One more question: what is a good way to lvl right now ..? All I could do is do grinding and pt with 35+ in The Ancient Swamps .. I tried to do Alien Oasis 3 but they hit 200s on me n i die in like 2 shots ==" lost expedition give too less XP.. Any reply would be greatly appreciated

Sky../
01-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Alien oasis 1 would be best

Pharcyde
01-01-2011, 10:30 PM
At levels 40 you can start joining plasma pyramid games. People usually wont boot lvl 40's from plasma pyramid.