PDA

View Full Version : Gurgox doesn't make any growling noises

WhoIsThis
01-01-2011, 05:44 AM
Normally, before Gurgox growls, you can hear the noise of him building up his growl, which is when you should run for the orbs (must be correctly timed I know - too early, the orb doesn't last for the full growl, too late, you die beside orb). I was in a game where myself and nobody could hear him growl. It would just be that one second alive, then everyone dead. Eventually, some of the players found out that they could use the colour effects to tell, but either way, Gurgox is supposed to growl.

Another point is that you could hear the minor burping from the creature, although the timing was off. The only sound that didn't work was the lethal growling noise.

Level: Victory Lap, Galactic Trials
Phone: Samsung Epic
ROM: Nebula ROM v1.005, DK28 Kernel (Froyo)
Internet Connection: Wi-fi

Edit: I don't know if this is relevant, but all of the other bosses in the Victory lap went by flawlessly.

Update:
With the patch, there seems to be the growling sound on my phone, but not everyone claims to be able to hear him. In other games, some people have claimed that the timing is still off.

mrpredalien
01-01-2011, 07:56 AM
If u read the new updates it got fixed..
I tried and worked very well.

thugimmortal
01-01-2011, 08:56 AM
If u read the new updates it got fixed..
I tried and worked very well.

I have been having the same problem i used to be able to hear gurgox scream but now i cant ive been playing victory lap over the holidays so the fix has worked for some but has taken the sound from players that had no problem to start with.

im playing on android lg optimus gt540 2.1 eclair

Ayrilana
01-01-2011, 07:21 PM
I still have the problem using Ver 1.6 but this is only when I join for the first time people who are already fighting him. I usually have to wait until I see a few people drop before I run into the room. Sometimes I don't hear the first roar as well.

mcyto
01-03-2011, 01:48 AM
i had the same problem yesterday too. talk about complete insta-death.

pastrychef
01-03-2011, 10:55 AM
I'd also appreciate if Gurgox' growl were a bit more distinct to make it easier to hear over all the other sounds in a battle. I've been killed many times because I couldn't differentiate until it was too late.

Arterra
01-03-2011, 10:57 AM
sometimes i can mistake bear noises for gurgox fart. even in lower level dungeons, i react instinctivly...

Echelong
01-03-2011, 11:10 AM
sometimes i can mistake bear noises for gurgox fart. even in lower level dungeons, i react instinctivly...

LMAO...

PS this did happened to me and it was after 1.6.

pizzaman
01-05-2011, 07:47 AM
I have the problem to on my Desire HD, but i miss a lot of audio. Comes back when i reboot.

Echelong
01-05-2011, 08:28 AM
It happened to me again last night. After you respwan sometimes you will get the growl back and soemtimes if you are hearing the growl and you die you can stop listening to the growl. It is a bug and a nasty one when it happens.

iPhone4 with iOS 4.1 JB

Ritualist
01-08-2011, 07:07 AM
I gave up on the sound quite a while ago. I think it's better to just watch the orb respawn timing and the light effects around Gurg before he explodes. If you hear growl as well I guess you are lucky.

What's more interesting is actually the how you are able to die sometimes with orb on or just the first orb left from the door, sometimes you can walk through it with up to 4 people without any deaths.

Probably the most bugged place in the game but I just love killing the fat bastard

CanonicalKoi
01-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Yeah, died today in V Lap with no growl. There's also an intermittent problem where he appears to be across the room from you, but he's actually right next to you. Not good for a bird. :(

ranonman
01-10-2011, 01:49 AM
Well, it's nice to rely on his growl sound to tell you go get orbs. But, you should rely on other methods. I know few people who doesn't have ability to hear his ugly sound. They still manage to kill him with no instant deaths. Orbs respawn timing or light effects FTW! (Don't forget that you can use vibration to feel his sound.) :)

Gotta do different ways than rely on ONE thing. ;P We have more than one sense!

Riccits
01-10-2011, 04:11 AM
maybe it should implemented a visual advice, for example grugox beeing red color while begin to growl...

ranonman
01-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Gurgox has visual showing when he's about to blast people off from him. Look at the floor where he is standing and his body - it's like charging the plasma shot from his body.

mycroftxxx
01-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Regardless of whether there are other methods, it seems pretty unintentional, and it would be nice if it was fixed. OTOH, last time I went through there I don't think I noticed it, so maybe it has been.

BTW, the “light effects” are very hard to distinguish on my Nexus One when he's getting pounded by multiple players.

WhoIsThis
01-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Well, it's nice to rely on his growl sound to tell you go get orbs. But, you should rely on other methods. I know few people who doesn't have ability to hear his ugly sound. They still manage to kill him with no instant deaths. Orbs respawn timing or light effects FTW! (Don't forget that you can use vibration to feel his sound.) :)

Gotta do different ways than rely on ONE thing. ;P We have more than one sense!

As I mentioned, the light effects are sufficient.

However this is still a bug and even with the patches, some players still claim to be unable to hear.

mycroftxxx
01-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Definitely still broken.

Militaryman
01-22-2011, 08:48 PM
Ya one time he was growling since the moment we entered his section of vl

Pandamoni
01-22-2011, 08:54 PM
I've been having a hard time distinguishing his growl lately. Not sure what's up. I'd like to blame the game but I think it's my ears (or the fact that I should always be doing other things when I'm playing so the guilt makes my ears not work). So I just soloed him yesterday and took a potion of speed so I could just run around grabbing the orbs. Then I didn't have to worry about not having an orb to grab, lol.

With regard to watching the color change around him, sometimes when I'm standing next to an orb to grab it's across the room from him so I can't see him to know when to grab the orb. It would be cool if the color of the whole floor changed.

chafedbm
01-23-2011, 02:06 AM
I was having the same problems with Gurgox. I ended up uninstalling and re-installing the app on my EVO to fix the issue. It turns out that there were more sounds than just Gurgox's growl that weren't working.

Tsarra
01-23-2011, 02:22 AM
Sometimes I lose several of the sounds on the game (like the sounds the menu buttons make). Not sure what causes this, but reloading the app seems to fix it.

mycroftxxx
01-24-2011, 01:30 AM
Yah, that's a well known bug in the Android version. I think there is a separate Gurgox problem, though—sometimes I'll hear some growls but not others in the same game, and people have reported the same problem on iPhone/iPad.

Ruebezahl
01-29-2011, 10:18 AM
Hi,
I do have the same problems with the growling of Gurgox. Sometimes i do hear him, other times not.
i got some general sound problems, i guess, cause i do neither not hear the aliens, nor do i hear my own weapon when i attack someone.....

I re-boot my device, i reinstall the app...

i dont know what else to do.. pls help / fix this problem, it`s annoying not hearing the growl cause u always die!

i am using an HTC Desire 2.2 FroYo

Thx.

Suntv
01-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Same here on an iPad with all recent updates. It's like it happens if you play him a few times (4th or 5th Victory Lap game). So if there ever was a bug fix, it didn't work.

I have found a workaround thought; kill him with five birds before he even burps the first time :)

mycroftxxx
01-29-2011, 04:26 PM
The 1.7 announcements indicate that various sound problems are fixed. Hopefully this is one of them.

chafedbm
03-05-2011, 02:52 AM
The problem is not fixed. I still lose Gurgox's growl as well as other sounds on EVO. The group I was fighting Gurgox with all insta-died. I asked them if they were all on Android based phones and one was on an iPhone and he couldn't hear the growl. We tried two times after that and the dude on the iPhone still couldn't hear it.

adwin
03-05-2011, 03:45 AM
Android users:
IF you're still not hearing the growl, you can do 2 things.
1: restart your phone
2: delete the following folder via a file manager or from shell: /sdcard/Android/data/sts.pl/cache or /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/sts.pl/cache

Other than that, the "light effects" which were mentioned several times are this:
watch his feet for an orange glow. The closer he is to exploding, the more intense the glow, until right before the explosion, he seems kindda "charging up like plasma".
I've stopped relying on the soundfx completely since the gurgox incidents.

chafedbm
03-05-2011, 04:03 AM
Thanks for the info Adwin. I will give it a shot. I rarely ever fight Gurg, but I started a new character. I didn't realize there was a glow. I was just used to the sound and never paid attention...