PDA

View Full Version : Goblin event leader board cheat or smart?????

lowratehitman
06-09-2014, 09:47 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/09/apumyhy9.jpg
5people well be rewarded nightshade egg!?

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

keikali
06-09-2014, 09:49 AM
It's called Bringing Down the House.

tharidom
06-09-2014, 09:49 AM
Non its called richness and addiction

Rare
06-09-2014, 09:52 AM
those people have spent a lot more than the value of a nightshade egg. Hopefully they do all get it.

Prahasit Prahi
06-09-2014, 09:52 AM
Those people are smart.

~Prahi

Sceazikua
06-09-2014, 09:55 AM
I wonder what would happen if trueorigin shared first place with zeus ;)

Bunny♥
06-09-2014, 09:58 AM
we decided to get the eggs together rather than competing.

Worship
06-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Hmm a little strange how 3 people are tied with 66840 points

EDIT: And of course I get ninja'd by the person with 66840 points.. Thanks for the answer

keikali
06-09-2014, 10:02 AM

Inb4 Shenanigans.

Legallyblonde
06-09-2014, 10:07 AM
What if STS decided that not everyone who ties can get rewards and the the one who held 3rd place the longest gets the egg?

Bunny♥
06-09-2014, 10:11 AM
What if STS decided that not everyone who ties can get rewards and the the one who held 3rd place the longest gets the egg?

I'll just take a long sleep from the nights I spent just to make these long runs for the competition. lol

Haligali
06-09-2014, 10:32 AM
nice!

Crowsfoot
06-09-2014, 10:57 AM
I already have a bet going that one of them will jump the gun last minute and kill an extra boss.

Zeus
06-09-2014, 11:00 AM
I already have a bet going that one of them will jump the gun last minute and kill an extra boss.

Extremely messed up if that happens, lol.

Bunny♥
06-09-2014, 11:02 AM

let karma do his job XD

basketholic209
06-09-2014, 11:14 AM
let karma do his job XD

Plot twist: one of STG employee play your account in the last minute and make you the bad guy, lol.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Bunny♥
06-09-2014, 11:18 AM
Plot twist: one of STG employee play your account in the last minute and make you the bad guy, lol.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

noooo, huhuhu T.T
I think on the second day of running, one dev just went on my room while Im afk, its jus .. crazy, it scares me for 3 seconds. >_<

utpal
06-09-2014, 11:24 AM
what if dev does lottery between these 3 smart ppl? lol

Bunny♥
06-09-2014, 11:26 AM
no more "what if's" pls hahahaha xD

Crowsfoot
06-09-2014, 11:27 AM
no more "what if's" pls hahahaha xD
Consider the possibility that I find a way to rephrase "what if"

Aliliam
06-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Well what if the 4th placer decided to pull a fast one on you hehehe

Zeus
06-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Well what if the 4th placer decided to pull a fast one on you hehehe

He's one of the top 3's BF irl. It would not happen. In any case, they would most likely add him to the 3 way tie.

pengetahuan
06-09-2014, 11:43 AM
lmao 3 people on 3 place....if so..why not zeus and trueorigine make the points same..then both of them get arcane shard lmao..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Eyrika
06-09-2014, 11:44 AM
lmao 3 people on 3 place....if so..why not zeus and trueorigine make the points same..then both of them get arcane shard lmao..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Cause true dont like zeus lol

Bunny♥
06-09-2014, 11:48 AM

lol.

Eyrika
06-09-2014, 11:49 AM
lol.

Lol it s a long story dont tell me why ><"

Bunny♥
06-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Lol it s a long story dont tell me why ><"

i wont bother, i know its not my business :P ;)

Zeus
06-09-2014, 12:07 PM

We both dislike each other for various reasons. :)

Kakashis
06-09-2014, 12:16 PM
this is an epic turn of events for sure! What if there are ties!!! This is a major wrench in the system XD Good job guys!

Gorecaster
06-09-2014, 01:24 PM
I dont like parth either...he smells. #disfiguredthumbs

Commanderkeen
06-09-2014, 01:32 PM
I think it's a great idea!

firechandra
06-09-2014, 01:38 PM
Next time everyone do a few points and we all tie at first place XD
Shady and surge for everyone maybe

Sceazikua
06-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Next time everyone do a few points and we all tie at first place XD
Shady and surge for everyone maybe

I doubt that would ever have a tiny chance to happen ;) the event lasts for 3 weeks ;)
Btw if zeus and true did share with each other, there would be 2 more shards existed in game, a legitimate "dupe" to me ;)

eugene9707
06-09-2014, 03:11 PM
glad that u guys can come to an agreement for the 3 way tie :)

(i swear i got ignored when i suggested it lol )

Kakashis
06-09-2014, 03:14 PM
can't wait to see how this plays out XD I doubt they accounted for this to happen!! heck even I didn't think it would happen! XD

Should just give out 5 nightshades for gentlemen's agreement on sportsmanship :) Rare thing to see in a dog eat dog world.

keikali
06-09-2014, 03:32 PM
Taking sidebets on whos going to break the peace at 3rd place.

Xenobiotic
06-09-2014, 04:25 PM
Taking sidebets on whos going to break the peace at 3rd place.

We obviously know Fra has some tricks up her sleeve ;).

Iliketolol
06-09-2014, 04:47 PM
This is so funny. Lol

Thrindal
06-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Another exploit for the rich to make those that have no shot upset. With that said I am glad they are doing it to show how bad this leaderboard loot idea was.

Exclusive 1-3 banners are cool. Super rare and valuable loot is not.

ClumsyCactus
06-09-2014, 05:27 PM

If someone actually does, that person will ve soooo dead XD

Crowsfoot
06-09-2014, 08:44 PM
If someone actually does, that person will ve soooo dead XD
I only bet 5k, I still think I'm going to win but we shall see.

katish
06-09-2014, 10:35 PM
I think what they did is freaking clever! Go guys 3 ftw !

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk

keikali
06-09-2014, 10:44 PM
Again, taking sidebets on who will break the peace at 3rd place.

In the end everyone is only human and well everybody loves to trololololol.

Iliketolol
06-09-2014, 11:29 PM
Again, taking sidebets on who will break the peace at 3rd place.

In the end everyone is only human and well everybody loves to trololololol.

I personally would've done that when server gives 15 mins shut down warning... Lol

Kakashis
06-10-2014, 12:50 AM
Why bother breaking a treuce. It already says they're getting the pet and already all rich. Probably gentleman's agreement to split nightshade funds should only one get it. But I doubt it. I bet it's auto built in to give it out.

Morholt
06-10-2014, 01:02 AM
Why bother breaking a treuce. It already says they're getting the pet and already all rich. Probably gentleman's agreement to split nightshade funds should only one get it. But I doubt it. I bet it's auto built in to give it out.Sts manually add eggs and such to players inventory.

I doubt anyone is going to break the truce. The other two of the three are saving the other money, time, and sanity ontop of providing the freedom to enjoy real life. I wouldn't want to be known for publicly betraying two people who gave me all those things.

Waheedski
06-10-2014, 01:11 AM
One of them right at the last minute kills the boss, takes the points and the loot, and then blames their lil sister or says I been hacked LOL

Crowsfoot
06-10-2014, 01:19 AM
One of them right at the last minute kills the boss, takes the points and the loot, and then blames their lil sister or says I been hacked LOL
"My dog hacked my account," because eating homework is too mainstream.

mightymynk
06-10-2014, 03:04 AM
Instead of thinking that 1 of them will do last minute kill think what happens if sts says the one who's on number 3 literally gets it or something like that and then those 3 go mad on each other to share the shadow night profit lol all gentlemen decision blown out. Whatever happens but its too funny

Sent from my ST15i using Tapatalk

deadcobain
06-10-2014, 03:20 AM
It's a good way to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt how little fun the whole event was too.

ain't got no how whatchamacallit (kurt cobain)

Daddyblu
06-10-2014, 03:26 AM
no one want to mess with karma :) so better honor your deal of truce )

Endkey
06-10-2014, 03:29 AM
If anyone messes this up...tries to kill the last boss to gain the 3rd position then all three are known people in game and in on forums...it will be a very cheap thing to do

Limsi
06-10-2014, 04:06 AM
Whoever surfaces as the devil among the 3 gets a prize from me; red or orange you take the pick!

Waheedski
06-10-2014, 04:20 AM
3rd place contestants if you're reading this then......

The red pill or the blue pill ?

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you all take the prize and go home. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland, you alone take the prize and forever become notorious.

What guarantee do you have that an equal third place will award you a prize.... STS too can throw a curveball hehehe

Haligali
06-10-2014, 04:28 AM
What guarantee do you have that an equal third place will award you a prize...

uhm, lb states clearly if you click on their names.

ALlIsWell
06-10-2014, 04:37 AM
Gaming nerds

Back
06-10-2014, 04:50 AM
Sportsmanship, I like that..

epicrrr
06-10-2014, 05:13 AM
3-way-tie on #3 is that even allowed by STS?

Everybody go #3 :D

Aziiii
06-10-2014, 05:48 AM
smart move guys :D nice!

Daddyblu
06-10-2014, 05:52 AM
ok ok if 3 of you want a 3day ill get the 3rd place then buying 1k energy kits :vwub:

Jig
06-10-2014, 06:11 AM
Seeing the amount of work Zeus and True have done also, both deserve Arcane shards... Yeah the other put in loads and loads but seriously it was a solid battle

Froxanthar
06-10-2014, 06:56 AM
I think the first name on the #3 will get it the egg or they will be reroll! :D
Good luck to all.

via orange caramel app.

alexdroog
06-10-2014, 07:00 AM
Smart.

Worship
06-10-2014, 07:44 AM
I just feel bad for the official 4th place and beyond.. all that money and hard work goes to waste..

Daddyblu
06-10-2014, 07:45 AM
is 3rd place limited to 3 person only?

Worship
06-10-2014, 07:51 AM
is 3rd place limited to 3 person only?

Thats what we don't know. We don't what STS will do.
Will they give all the "3rd places" the prize, or maybe nobody gets the prize, or maybe the "3rd places" get smaller prizes..

Hectororius
06-10-2014, 09:33 AM
Its very clear that all 3 will be awarded the same prize as they are tied for 3rd regardless of who was first to be 3rd or whatever.

They are all ranked 3rd and not 3,4,5. the 6th player is ranked 4th though, which is odd. technically they are in 6th.

Legallyblonde
06-10-2014, 09:52 AM
Its very clear that all 3 will be awarded the same prize as they are tied for 3rd regardless of who was first to be 3rd or whatever.

They are all ranked 3rd and not 3,4,5. the 6th player is ranked 4th though, which is odd. technically they are in 6th.
Lol funny thing is StS said that they'll award 3 eggs. My bet is the person who hit 3rd place first will get the egg.

Sceazikua
06-10-2014, 10:07 AM
Seeing how trueorigin and zeus and others did these days, I cant imagine how much worse it will be in the next 3 weeks event, when the foreseen prize is much more worthy and unique (shady & surge) ;)

Hectororius
06-10-2014, 10:23 AM
Lol funny thing is StS said that they'll award 3 eggs. My bet is the person who hit 3rd place first will get the egg.

That was on the assumption that there would be 3 unique winners, not if there was a chance that there would be a tie for 3rd place. if you look at the leaderboard, there is more than 25 players on it currently. STS can not (shouldnt say can not though) arbitrarily award the prize to one individual if there is a tie.

Sorcerie
06-10-2014, 10:26 AM

They are all ranked 3rd and not 3,4,5. the 6th player is ranked 4th though, which is odd. technically they are in 6th.I don't think so Hect, that would be taking advantage of the way the leaderboard tabulates rank.

STS was very clear from the start that they would be awarding eggs to the top three and the top three alone.

If they award those three players a Nightshade egg for being tied at third, then it would be the same as them saying it's ok to take advantage of exploits, which we know they do not approve of and make every effort to extinguish whenever possible.

This event has already been one big disaster to many, it's best they stick to their word and only give out three, imho.

Beyond that, if these leader boards are to exist in the future, what's to stop players on the leader board from all agreeing to tie at a certain rank just so everyone gets the same prize? Top prizes for everyone on leader board? No. that's not how the contest was intended to run.

Rare
06-10-2014, 10:37 AM

Are you saying you think STS take into account all different scenarios?

I don't think so Hect, that would be taking advantage of the way the leaderboard tabulates rank.

STS was very clear from the start that they would be awarding eggs to the top three and the top three alone.

I'm interested to see where they said it would be 3 and only 3, even if there were ties.

Beyond that, if these leader boards are to exist in the future, what's to stop players on the leader board from all agreeing to tie at a certain rank just so everyone gets the same prize? Top prizes for everyone on leader board? No. that's not how the contest was intended to run.

That's actually very simple. Here's an example:

"We did not anticipate ties in the top 3 of the leaderboard. We will aware each player in the top 3 (including ties) with the prizes they earned. In the future, we will have some type of runoff or some other method for determine the top 3 spots."

Problem solved, case closed.

Sorcerie
06-10-2014, 11:09 AM
I'm interested to see where they said it would be 3 and only 3, even if there were ties.

That's actually very simple. Here's an example:

"We did not anticipate ties in the top 3 of the leaderboard. We will aware each player in the top 3 (including ties) with the prizes they earned. In the future, we will have some type of runoff or some other method for determine the top 3 spots."

Problem solved, case closed.
The top 3 players will be awarded the event exclusive pet Nightshade
I do not believe that was open to interpretation or exploitation...

Example Translation: "We did not expect people to exploit our leader board, but **** it, we'll award them for their use of loopholes and we won't let it happen again."

Yea, sounds like a real fair way to distribute contest prizes and sweep it under the rug.

LordDravek
06-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Plot twist: top 20 enter a random generator for lulz.

Rare
06-10-2014, 11:33 AM
I do not believe that was open to interpretation or exploitation...

Example Translation: "We did not expect people to exploit our leader board, but **** it, we'll award them for their use of loopholes and we won't let it happen again."

Yea, sounds like a real fair way to distribute contest prizes and sweep it under the rug.

I don't think it open for interpretation either. Didn't say anything about ties.

You suggest rather, that these people didn't put in an absurd amount if time and resources to do it? Didn't seem like an exploit to me. Just something sts didn't anticipate.
It's sts decision to do the right thing considering the effort these players put in.

Sorcerie
06-10-2014, 11:41 AM
I don't think it open for interpretation either. Didn't say anything about ties.

You suggest rather, that these people didn't put in an absurd amount if time and resources to do it? Didn't seem like an exploit to me. Just something sts didn't anticipate.
It's sts decision to do the right thing considering the time and resources these players dedicated.No, what I suggest and and what anyone with common sense would deduce is that these players did this with the sole intention of pushing the envelope to see if they would get the desired result.

I won't deny that they didn't put their time and resources in, that much is certain, but so did everyone else on the leader board and they're not sharing the prize either.

3 eggs for top THREE, not five.

Kakashis
06-10-2014, 11:50 AM
If you click on the tropy of what they're entitled to, it clearly says nightshade for all 3 that are tied. I think the prizes will be auto given out by a computer event system (aka that leader board) and not handed out by the dev team individually as that's poor programming and this wasn't a lottery which would have been done manually.

I think to stop the prizes from being handed out to those who placed 3rd, the devs would actually have to manually stop it from happening and give a statement to the community. So far, they've seem to dodge answering the question and I hope those players will all get nightshade so it lowers the price by a little bit for the rest of us should we choose to buy. Those players are all well deserving of the pet :)

Rare
06-10-2014, 11:52 AM
No, what I suggest and and what anyone with common sense would deduce is that these players did this with the sole intention of pushing the envelope to see if they would get the desired result.

I won't deny that they didn't put their time and resources in, that much is certain, but so did everyone else on the leader board and they're not sharing the prize either.

3 eggs for top THREE, not five.

Maybe right, but not all "loopholes" are created equally. I think these players, assuming nobody breaks ranks are showing a great deal of intestinal fortitude and possibly risking their entire reward to share in it with the others.

Let's also not forget that, whatever the case, THEY did not define the rules. The rules were just not completely laid out. And in this case, it is a small impact on sts and a great impact on these players. Let's also not forget that it is not new to sts to extend rewards in curtain circumstances.

In my opinion, this is a no brainer for sts. While it could be considered a "loophole" look at the totality of it and what this turn of events mean. Assuming they stick to it of course.

Worship
06-10-2014, 12:02 PM
Maybe STS will see it as they are trying to trick the system. 3 eggs are supposed to be awarded.. not 5.

keikali
06-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Intredasting Development: The Peace is broken at 3rd Place. Can you guess who it was? trolololol.

Rare
06-10-2014, 12:12 PM
Intredasting Development: The Peace is broken at 3rd Place. Can you guess who it was? trolololol.

You got me

Sorcerie
06-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Honestly, its whatever - but if it were me, I would earn my prize on the leaderboard fair and square.

You don't enter competitions and agree to tie.

You fight and claw your way to the top and prove to everyone you deserved it, same as True and Zeus.

So lets go ahead and applaud the third placers for showing no sense of real competition.

Hear hear!

//edit

It seems like someone finally came to their senses.
---
I take it back, since were back to people manipulating the leaderboard.

Bunny♥
06-10-2014, 12:42 PM
So lets go ahead and applaud the third placers for showing no sense of real competition.

oooo, so sorry to disappoint you but it seems like the 3 of us just agreed for the following reasons:
1.) cant handle to compete as we all need our rests.
2.) broke.. totally broke
3.) we are trying to help each other.

the 3 of us are few points ahead only and for 1 to remain on the spot, one of us needs to sacrifice hours of sleep to hold the spot, if not time then $. Theres no point of spending more energy, time and money just to get your fame, if we can make things happen , reaching our aimed award, why not? We spent alot and hearing the needs of the other competitors and helping them getting their aimed goal is a smart step IMO. So I have no worries being tied by 3 players.

Sorcerie
06-10-2014, 12:55 PM
oooo, so sorry to disappoint you but it seems like the 3 of us just agreed for the following reasons:
1.) cant handle to compete as we all need our rests.
2.) broke.. totally broke
3.) we are trying to help each other.

the 3 of us are few points ahead only and for 1 to remain on the spot, one of us needs to sacrifice hours of sleep to hold the spot, if not time then $. Theres no point of spending more energy, time and money just to get your fame, if we can make things happen , reaching our aimed award, why not? We spent alot and hearing the needs of the other competitors and helping them getting their aimed goal is a smart step IMO. So I have no worries being tied by 3 players.Congrats, enjoy the pet you earned by agreeing not to compete.

Bunny♥
06-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Congrats, enjoy the pet you earned by agreeing not to compete.

thank you, i dont mind if we disappoint you, I just want you to know the reasons behind the tie's. :)

Terracio
06-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Honestly, if STSs succumbs to this blatant (attempt of) manipulation of the system it leaves a lot to be said about their way of running things.

Kakashis
06-10-2014, 01:05 PM
thank you, i dont mind if we disappoint you, I just want you to know the reasons behind the tie's. :)

I think it's very cool of you 3 to try this. Sure beats spending more time and money on this "mini" event.

Sheener
06-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Lol good luck to you three

Zeus
06-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Congrats, enjoy the pet you earned by agreeing not to compete.

If they're all broke, they cannot compete anyways.

Sorcerie
06-10-2014, 01:16 PM
If they're all broke, they cannot compete anyways.Again, it's whatever - congrats to you and True. The real winners of this competition.

Bunny♥
06-10-2014, 01:31 PM
He's bitter, let him go :P

falmear
06-10-2014, 02:20 PM
Congrats to all winners, no matter how you got there. Don't blame the player.

Crowsfoot
06-10-2014, 02:26 PM
Congrats to all winners, no matter how you got there. Don't blame the player.
Agreed, and just saying:

skorpionx
06-10-2014, 02:37 PM

I agree with you, sage choise, and all of you have a big distance from the fourth so 5 egg are a sage reward.

And you also give a learning to space time studios for next time contest: TO HIDE LAST 3 NUMBERS from score point.

nice job guys

Crowsfoot
06-10-2014, 02:41 PM
I agree with you, sage choise, and all of you have a big distance from the fourth so 5 egg are a sage reward.

And you also give a learning to space time studios for next time contest: TO HIDE LAST 3 NUMBERS from score point.

nice job guys
People can still PM each other to say what their score is and then verify a tie displayed on the LB

skorpionx
06-10-2014, 04:02 PM
People can still PM each other to say what their score is and then verify a tie displayed on the LB

Then also HIDE 3 letter from the name.
:)

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Terracio
06-10-2014, 04:09 PM
or just hide winners until moment of truth and make everyone work/spend hard

alexdroog
06-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Why?
Still a win win situation.
StG has no cost at all for giving out 3or 5 pets.
Many energy kits were bought with real money and a good convertion rate to gold.

Pressplay
06-10-2014, 04:27 PM
Have a tie breaker next time. Like total coins earned or number of bosses killed or runs ran.... two thumbs up to the three that manipulated the lb, very smart!