PDA

View Full Version : [Q] about targeting and the chat window

TheHoovie
01-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Hi! I am new here and just started playing before Christmas. I have been playing Ever Quest for years and I am really liking this game. I have figured out most things but I can not find out anything about targeting in the help files or here. A few questions.

1. I can not figure out how to change targets. If I press attack and get the dotted line to a target, but I don't want that one, how can I change it? (Besides walking far away)

2. I understand the colors for conning and difficulty of the mob. But is there any type of advanced details of a target? Such as their weaknesses or their attack / spell skills?

3. Is there any way to "assist" a party member and make sure I acquire the same target they have?

4. Sometimes during the middle of killing a mob, aggro completely drops and the enemy walks back towards their spawn point. During which time my attacks are useless. What causes this and how to avoid it?

And about the chat window;
5. How to scroll up in the chat window ? If I interact with another player by touching them and then clicking the chat bubble in the top right corner, the chat window appears with up / down scroll buttons. What other ways are there to scroll the chat window?

Your response is appreciated,
~TheHoovie

Ruscour
01-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Hi! I am new here and just started playing before Christmas. I have been playing Ever Quest for years and I am really liking this game. I have figured out most things but I can not find out anything about targeting in the help files or here. A few questions.

1. I can not figure out how to change targets. If I press attack and get the dotted line to a target, but I don't want that one, how can I change it? (Besides walking far away)

2. I understand the colors for conning and difficulty of the mob. But is there any type of advanced details of a target? Such as their weaknesses or their attack / spell skills?

3. Is there any way to "assist" a party member and make sure I acquire the same target they have?

4. Sometimes during the middle of killing a mob, aggro completely drops and the enemy walks back towards their spawn point. During which time my attacks are useless. What causes this and how to avoid it?

And about the chat window;
5. How to scroll up in the chat window ? If I interact with another player by touching them and then clicking the chat bubble in the top right corner, the chat window appears with up / down scroll buttons. What other ways are there to scroll the chat window?

Your response is appreciated,
~TheHoovie

Welcome.

1. Click on the target. That's how you do it. I find it awkward though, wish there was like a tab-targeting button.
2. Nothing, but trash mobs don't have any skills, only the bosses, and boss mechanics are usually pretty obvious shortly after engaging.
3. No, aside from clicking the target they have. Assisting isn't a big deal, because tanks mainly tank by knockbacks and keeping mobs away, rather than traditional MMO tanking.
4. That's leashing, you've pulled the mob too far away from its original point. Kite it less, and if you do kite it around, make sure you do a loop around its spawn point rather than running away.
5. I'm not completely sure on this, but as far as I know, but I think that's the only way (with the up/down buttons), I don't believe that there is any other way (eg, finger scrolling).

Hope I was able to help.

Wildder
01-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Welcome to pocket legends! I see everything has really been covered, so I don't really need to put any answers on the floor. Very nice questions, and answers guys. :) Also if you need help on pocket legends from a level 42, please add my username as your friend: Wildder

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Wildder

TheHoovie
01-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Thanks Ruscour! I guess I just wasn't tapping on the new mob I wanted to target. I was hoping for a cycle between targets button. No biggie.

About #4 it happens to me sometimes even when I am close to the mobs spawn point. Weird.

About #5, Is there another screen / window that you can scroll chat in besides the inspect other player screen? Seems weird you would have to inspect another player to scroll back in the chat window.

Snakespeare
01-01-2011, 08:20 PM
You can use the leash to your advantage and kite the boss away from his adds to a cleared area.

Fyrce
01-03-2011, 03:45 AM
If you tap the bubble button for talking in general, you'll see button to scroll through your chat.

Vaelma
01-06-2011, 11:43 AM
For #1. It's auto attack that Is a pain for me. I too am used to tabbing or auto assist.

Would be good if the game provided for group auto attack (assist) whatever target the majority of group members are attacking.

I lots of times auto attack a different target than the rest of the group. I always think in VL should get sniper first. So I run towards him and hit auto attack only to find out rest of group is on lorekeeper. So I untap auto attack, face lorekeeper n tap auto attack again.

But of course now I've really ticked off the sniper, like he wasn't already in a bad enough mood when we came in the room. :/

Great questions. Welcome to the forums and the game! Feel free to add me. Always willing to help out a fellow PL'r. :)

Suentous PO
08-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Also if you have targeted someone you don't want to attack you can double tap your own toon to reset the target.
Caveat I'm on an iPhone.
Wyrdup