View Full Version : Summary of Free player's rewards from Goblin Assault Event

Milan Lame Man
06-09-2014, 09:27 PM
Now that the end of the event has been announced (I've deciphered it as 2014-06-10 16:30 UTC, post #25 (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?158689-plz-stop-the-goblin-event!/page2) ), it's possible to make a summary on the rewards of free runners.
I have gathered these results from, eh, 15 toons.
Total pink loot is 1 Gyrm, 2 Estebans (:tranquillity:), and some Lockeds. All runs with luck elix and lepre.
As you can see:
1. Only about half the toons are able to buy Ironbite (shown in bold, assuming Chief Fury and no energy on the remaining runs).
2. Every run counts. If you didn't get any free energy, or got low bosses at the start, it's gonna be tough.
3. If the event was extended for just a few hours, pretty much everyone would get Ironbite, turning the total failure into mild disappointment.
4. Depending on how much you PUGged/soloed, your results may vary.

What did other free players get? How much you PUGged vs Soloed vs Partied?

Energy Used
Energy Left

all

all

all

all

all

all

all

all but 1 day

all but 1 day

all but 1 day

all but 1 day

all but 1 day

all but 1 day

all but 1 day

all but 1 day

For the inquisitive minds, the results differ so much because some people get many free energy while others get none.

Raregem
06-09-2014, 10:16 PM
I just posted about this on the suggestion thread for the event.. looks like I got pretty lucky. I'm at 76 right now, I'll get two energy before the event ends tomorrow so 12 more if I'm lucky and get major payne, plus the two from the daily so 14 added to this for a total of 90 tokens for this event. I did not buy any energy at all and one energy was always on CD, but I did get lucky and got two free energy from the bosses. I also soloed every run, glad I did after finding out about the pug/party tier difference or I probably wouldn't have gotten the amount of tokens I have now.

deadcobain
06-10-2014, 02:52 AM
I will manage to get ironbite (which I personally don't want as a pet) on my main and 2-vanities-i-hate on my smurf. It is disappointing.

ain't got no how whatchamacallit (kurt cobain)

Bigboyblue
06-10-2014, 06:20 AM
I ran everyday with 3 toons. One was able to get ironbite with a total token count of 76+ whatever boss happens to drop with my final energy today. Another toon could get ironbite if this final boss drops energy for me. If not, I'll have to settle for 2 vanitys on my other two chars. All reached gold tier. Every character I used found a minimum of 4 energy from event bosses.

Overall very disappointing event for free players. STS please change this for the next event.

Aliliam
06-10-2014, 06:39 AM
yup agree with the result, Ironbite would be the max you can get for free or at least you can have the blighted vanity if you use all the free energy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aliliam
06-10-2014, 07:11 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/10/7u3avu9y.jpg

Ironbite it is

Worship
06-10-2014, 07:54 AM
Buying an Ironbite as I physically cannot get it in time without spending more money!
PM me in-game @Worship

Aliliam
06-10-2014, 09:13 AM
Had to purchase 2 energy kits to get the ironbite for my 2nd toon, the vanity is cheap in cs so ironbite is better

Doomreaper
06-10-2014, 09:27 AM
Actually you can get much more for free, I farmed free platinum purchases and bought tokens with plat, enabling me to get a glaive the first day :)

Aliliam
06-10-2014, 09:45 AM
lol yes you could if you know how...you could buy and sell energy and use the profit for the event

Crowsfoot
06-10-2014, 09:47 AM
I really don't understand everyone's frustration. Yes, investing money gets you more loot. Same is true for elite (via gear, potions, and luck kits. And, plat revives for plat players). You didn't even need plat so their really isn't an excuse. Everyone had an oppertuninty.

Otahaanak
06-10-2014, 10:35 AM
IMO, It takes a while to learn what items will be valuable and how best to go about getting them Crow.

New players really don't stand much of a chance unless they have lots of inside help - and most experienced players aren't willing to share that info.

Sorcerie
06-10-2014, 10:54 AM
My biggest problem is that a free player didn't stand a chance in hell to get a weapon or the amulet by just waiting for their energy to return - you were literally forced to spend gold or plat on kits in order to obtain enough tokens to get them.

Why am I being told how to spend my gold to get what I want from this event? No event in the past did I have to spend a dime of my hard earned gold to get what I wanted from the vendors. Why start now?

There was a post from one of the devs that said we did not have to pay and everyone should be able to get a couple of items from the vendor, but as you can see from Milans chart across 15 toons results are pitifully slim at best, and with luck a little better than nothing.

You're pretty much guaranteed a vanity for sure with minimal effort, but you're lucky if you get an Ironbite as a second prize unless you choose to get that from the start.

So thanks for the handful of blight vanities, I look forward to selling them for 10k or less.

Edit// If they're going to run in this model again in the future they should make so that even a free player can obtain enough tokens to get the best item available from the vendor, even if it ends up being their only reward at the end.

Kakashis
06-10-2014, 11:13 AM
At the end of the event running every time I had replenished energy not once did I ever loot any free energy. I was able to just buy the 25 token vanity with 15 useless tokens left a few minutes ago. Either way, I'm very short from any of the other prizes and I'm not wasting 100k+ just to buy a 50k ironbite. I'm still stuck in early/mid silver tier and this was by far the worst event I've ever participated for free in the STS games and I hope appropriate changes are made in the real event.

Thanks for the free swamp vanity :disgust:

Worship
06-10-2014, 11:20 AM
Had to purchase 2 energy kits to get the ironbite for my 2nd toon, the vanity is cheap in cs so ironbite is better

Mainly because the Ironbite requires over 2.5x tokens than the vanity set

utpal
06-10-2014, 12:50 PM
lol to that blighted vanity.
seems like a shrek vomited on the angelwatch plate :P
or goblins washed on the green poison pools :D

Bigboyblue
06-10-2014, 01:03 PM
I really don't understand everyone's frustration. Yes, investing money gets you more loot. Same is true for elite (via gear, potions, and luck kits. And, plat revives for plat players). You didn't even need plat so their really isn't an excuse. Everyone had an oppertuninty.

Crow, the frustration is how the whole event played out. Sure, we could have spent gold or plat to get more rewards or play it longer but that is a pay2play game. The items were cheaper to buy in CS than for people to buy kits or spend their plat. That's how I got my amulet.

The problem is the direction this game is headed if a major revamp doesn't take place. If free players have nothing to do in the game then they leave. People that buy some plat that don't have tons of gold or plat to play these events leave. Now who's left? Heavy plat spenders? It's no fun for them when everyone else in the game is on their level so they leave. The option to spend money needs to be here but it should be an option. This event you were forced to pay or sit on the sidelines.

Sheener
06-10-2014, 01:07 PM
Actually you can get much more for free, I farmed free platinum purchases and bought tokens with plat, enabling me to get a glaive the first day :)

Lol that is still using plat it has a value

iluminatic
06-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Crow, the frustration is how the whole event played out. Sure, we could have spent gold or plat to get more rewards or play it longer but that is a pay2play game. The items were cheaper to buy in CS than for people to buy kits or spend their plat. That's how I got my amulet.

The problem is the direction this game is headed if a major revamp doesn't take place. If free players have nothing to do in the game then they leave. People that buy some plat that don't have tons of gold or plat to play these events leave. Now who's left? Heavy plat spenders? It's no fun for them when everyone else in the game is on their level so they leave. The option to spend money needs to be here but it should be an option. This event you were forced to pay or sit on the sidelines.

When they leave sts make a new game like you see this before :/

Aliliam
06-10-2014, 01:32 PM
I mean look at the cs value of the vanity-you can get if for less than 20k now. It will stay like that for a long time just like the other newer vanities. Ironbite will go up in price though, just like Vlad, Prance (had better stats though).

Wutzgood
06-10-2014, 01:34 PM
I wish these tokens were stash able. I'm gonna have 92 extra tokens that I can't spend after buying what my 6 guys can afford.

Crowsfoot
06-10-2014, 01:41 PM
IMO, It takes a while to learn what items will be valuable and how best to go about getting them Crow.

New players really don't stand much of a chance unless they have lots of inside help - and most experienced players aren't willing to share that info.
Shocker, experience makes people better players. This event was the most fair from the standpoint of including no plat players which is a huge history. The only objections I have are as follows

1) the lb should be decided by class

2) portals shouldn't be allowed to be horded

3) the think glitch needs to be fixed

deadcobain
06-10-2014, 03:18 PM

I read your comment, thought about it some more and decided that my frustration about the event boils down to it just not being fun. Was fine on my tank and just miserable on my squishy mage - but plodding through goblins and green goo ... meh. Nothing inspiring or creative anywhere. I don't feel I learned anything out of it all other than that to succeed you need to work the system. I am hopeless at that lol.

I don't feel any resentment to anyone on the leaderboard, I am only irritated by the isenoobs type of expression of wealth - none of the guys in the forum have been remotely like that.

But uhhhhh goblins etc ... snore.

Major Payne really was one and I didn't feel exhilarated by a new boss fight the way I usually do. Couldn't even see him 90% of the time.

But the event is over now, sts have had theor test run and if things go well, we can look forward to some ursoth fun.

deadcobain
06-10-2014, 03:31 PM
(Obviously all of the above is entirely subjective.)

Otahaanak
06-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Shocker, experience makes people better players. This event was the most fair from the standpoint of including no plat players which is a huge history. The only objections I have are as follows

1) the lb should be decided by class

2) portals shouldn't be allowed to be horded

3) the think glitch needs to be fixed

Tarlok by far was more fair to all IMO.

And you are missing the forest by concentrating on a tree.

Crowsfoot
06-10-2014, 03:37 PM
I read your comment, thought about it some more and decided that my frustration about the event boils down to it just not being fun. Was fine on my tank and just miserable on my squishy mage - but plodding through goblins and green goo ... meh. Nothing inspiring or creative anywhere. I don't feel I learned anything out of it all other than that to succeed you need to work the system. I am hopeless at that lol.

I don't feel any resentment to anyone on the leaderboard, I am only irritated by the isenoobs type of expression of wealth - none of the guys in the forum have been remotely like that.

But uhhhhh goblins etc ... snore.

Major Payne really was one and I didn't feel exhilarated by a new boss fight the way I usually do. Couldn't even see him 90% of the time.

But the event is over now, sts have had theor test run and if things go well, we can look forward to some ursoth fun.

^This is a valid argument.

Saying that only plat players could compete and that the energy system was aimed towards them is not.

---

I agree, the event was boring. Granted, I though tarlok was boring and quit the game for about a week during it. An elite type attribute for better loot would be a good addition to the event system. As is, it is locked farming with a higher pay out. It is boring and devestates the economy if a new super item is released that everyone wants (tarlok gear). Since there was nothing currently being farmed to compete with the talisman it didn't hurt anything, but mark my words that if tarlok like items are released it will destroy the magma gear economy.

deadcobain
06-10-2014, 03:42 PM
^This is a valid argument.

Saying that only plat players could compete and that the energy system was aimed towards them is not.

---

I agree, the event was boring. Granted, I though tarlok was boring and quit the game for about a week during it. An elite type attribute for better loot would be a good addition to the event system. As is, it is locked farming with a higher pay out. It is boring and devestates the economy if a new super item is released that everyone wants (tarlok gear). Since there was nothing currently being farmed to compete with the talisman it didn't hurt anything, but mark my words that if tarlok like items are released it will destroy the magma gear economy.

I don't care if my gear is worth nothing as long as it gets me tanking happily through a fun game - and it'll still look better than the blighted vanities xD

Crowsfoot
06-10-2014, 03:43 PM
Tarlok by far was more fair to all IMO.

And you are missing the forest by concentrating on a tree.
How was tarlok more fair. You could buy plat or waste hours looking for a rare spawn dragon. Plat players were able to run non stop and get the dragon every time, I had to spend hours hunting portals and then pray it was the dragon.

This event solved major issues from tarlok:

1) ridiculous advantage to plat players (by making kits purchasable from the cs).

2) rewarding time invested (by using tier ranking).

3) players joining for the best boss only (by removing a guaranteed best boss, and closing the map once a mob was killed so that players didn't just scope out the bosses)

4) gear wasn't added that was better than the elite farmed gear (Ursoth scares me though)

---

There were new flaws (notably the lb) but the basis of what we saw is very promising.

VenomsChaos
06-10-2014, 04:02 PM
my chars

lvl 30 mage - 2x DC 47 token

25 warior - 63 point

23 mage = 63 point

Cap rogue = 76 point

cap mage 125 point ( used kits for farm )

didnt used only 1 energy each class ( just to day was busy, when i back home event is over )

At the end i got alot of junk vanity and lvl 2 junk rings from this event with my free chars... i could use kits for enough token for ironbite but wasnt know if my job will take long.. its like i back home 30-40 min late :/

--- i am not rich not poor to.. i dont care if i lose 3-4 pet because i was busy to day.. but from Poor side its really so bad event ---

a avarage player side = event wasnt fun. nothing worth to farm ( not talking about Top 3 revard )

Hope next event we can farm free portals, and TOP LB for a kit portal they can spamm kits for the LB race

Morholt
06-10-2014, 04:38 PM
I--regrettably--did this event on 9 characters, every day, plat free.
Results: 1x 1 ironbite, 1x ironbite & vanity, 1x 2 vanity, 5x 1 vanity. Certain characters (modestly geared lvl 9 and 10s) weren't able to break the 50+ barrier, as they kept seeing Payne and being unable to counter his heal; while others had the misfortune of me wanting to 'socialize' and pug it...which resulted in many, many, little horn fights and virtually no tokens earned.

Overall, for a plat free run at this event...it would have been substantially more profitable to farm locked crates, Mali eggs, and run LMM.

The reason I bothered with the event was, as someone pointed out earlier in the thread, we were told we should be able to get a weapon freely or an amulet if lucky. The amulet was impossible, and the weapons required tremendous luck.

Fyrce
06-10-2014, 05:31 PM
My Summary:
1 Gyrm, various Ironbites, lots of Vanities

Toons Level : Tokens
L26 : 47
L21 : 31
L16 : 29
L15 : 42
L12 : 40
L11 : 33
L10 x2 : 73, 69
L9 : 30
L8 x2 : 67, 47
L7 x2 : 67, 36
L6 x2 : 71, 38
L5 x2 : 65, 37
L4 x2 : 70, 41
L3 x2 : 49, 40

I got off to a slow start and may have skipped a day or two. A couple times I did not do all my toons (tired/lazy). I could not find the end date anywhere and my login screen cut the date off, showing just "June", so I did not realize how limited the event was. By the time I realized, oh well, I was missing at least one day, possibly two on some toons.

I ran free the entire time, though I panicked a bit on the last night when I picked up a few energy kits (5?) for gold to finish off a few toons because I was not sure I could get in early enough the next morning.

I used the free Ally rewards before runs.

Re-rolls at the goblin boss almost always resulted in Locked Crates, a purple or green item. This actually was super annoying.

I ran into a few issues joining my party. Sometimes, I would click on the wrong JOIN, joining a party member in town instead of in the dungeon. When I then hit to join, that toon would get this:

As long as I did not load another area 1st, joining was not an issue. There was nothing about the toon that would prevent joining, since there would be absolutely no problems the next run. I tried various things to see if I could get around this problem, but I never figured it out. That toon would just have to sit a run out. This was also annoying. Anyone who knows a way around this, tell me (and I'll go kick myself or learn to read before clicking).

I also accidentally clicked on the Buy Energy button and purchased energy I did not mean to purchase (no confirm) - I think once. This was also ultra-annoying. (*Runs off to learn to read before clicking*)

Sometimes when I tried to pick up Ally rewards, I would get this:

Usually quitting and hitting PLAY loads the reward screen correctly.

CONCLUSION
I think for doing it the free way (with minimal gold energy kits and an accidental plat energy click), this wasn't bad. As far as I can tell, w/o more gold or plat, there is no way to get beyond Ironbite. Some of my toons were doing really well, getting successive energy drops, Chief, Major. Nonetheless, it would have taken a few more energy kits to get to the weapon and a lot more to get to the amulet.

Then again, I chose to go the free route and chose not to get too crazy.

I would have liked the shield-level rings to have scaled, because now I have lots of them for future extremely low level alts and the last one isn't even stashable.

Oh, the few times I ended up in a PUG, while it was ok, but since one almost always ended up w/ that Corporal guy, PUGs was definitely not that attactive.

deadcobain
06-10-2014, 05:40 PM
My Summary:
1 Gyrm, various Ironbites, lots of Vanities

Toons Level : Tokens
L26 : 47
L21 : 31
L16 : 29
L15 : 42
L12 : 40
L11 : 33
L10 x2 : 73, 69
L9 : 30
L8 x2 : 67, 47
L7 x2 : 67, 36
L6 x2 : 71, 38
L5 x2 : 65, 37
L4 x2 : 70, 41
L3 x2 : 49, 40

I got off to a slow start and may have skipped a day or two. A couple times I did not do all my toons (tired/lazy). I could not find the end date anywhere and my login screen cut the date off, showing just "June", so I did not realize how limited the event was. By the time I realized, oh well, I was missing at least one day, possibly two on some toons.

I ran free the entire time, though I panicked a bit on the last night when I picked up a few energy kits (5?) for gold to finish off a few toons because I was not sure I could get in early enough the next morning.

I used the free Ally rewards before runs.

Re-rolls at the goblin boss almost always resulted in Locked Crates, a purple or green item. This actually was super annoying.

I ran into a few issues joining my party. Sometimes, I would click on the wrong JOIN, joining a party member in town instead of in the dungeon. When I then hit to join, that toon would get this:

As long as I did not load another area 1st, joining was not an issue. There was nothing about the toon that would prevent joining, since there would be absolutely no problems the next run. I tried various things to see if I could get around this problem, but I never figured it out. That toon would just have to sit a run out. This was also annoying. Anyone who knows a way around this, tell me (and I'll go kick myself or learn to read before clicking).

I also accidentally clicked on the Buy Energy button and purchased energy I did not mean to purchase (no confirm) - I think once. This was also ultra-annoying. (*Runs off to learn to read before clicking*)

Sometimes when I tried to pick up Ally rewards, I would get this:

Usually quitting and hitting PLAY loads the reward screen correctly.

CONCLUSION
I think for doing it the free way (with minimal gold energy kits and an accidental plat energy click), this wasn't bad. As far as I can tell, w/o more gold or plat, there is no way to get beyond Ironbite. Some of my toons were doing really well, getting successive energy drops, Chief, Major. Nonetheless, it would have taken a few more energy kits to get to the weapon and a lot more to get to the amulet.

Then again, I chose to go the free route and chose not to get too crazy.

I would have liked the shield-level rings to have scaled, because now I have lots of them for future extremely low level alts and the last one isn't even stashable.

Oh, the few times I ended up in a PUG, while it was ok, but since one almost always ended up w/ that Corporal guy, PUGs was definitely not that attactive.

Good for you for maximising the free energy limits.

I don't have the (real) energy to maintain a toon army lol...

Argh.

Cesliz
06-10-2014, 06:19 PM
I did the event without spending plat or gold on energy and ended up with two chars with 66 and 67 tokens (2 iron bites) and 1 char with 49 tokens (1 vanity, missed another vanity by 1 point).
The only thing made it worth the time for me was that I looted a Gyrm egg on my last run before the event ended so I'm happy with that but I know not many people got lucky with egg drops.

Back
06-10-2014, 09:58 PM
How was tarlok more fair. You could buy plat or waste hours looking for a rare spawn dragon. Plat players were able to run non stop and get the dragon every time, I had to spend hours hunting portals and then pray it was the dragon.

1) ridiculous advantage to plat players (by making kits purchasable from the cs).

3) players joining for the best boss only (by removing a guaranteed best boss, and closing the map once a mob was killed so that players didn't just scope out the bosses)

4) gear wasn't added that was better than the elite farmed gear (Ursoth scares me though)

---

There were new flaws (notably the lb) but the basis of what we saw is very promising.

You Sir, need to take a break. So, I guess you didn't make it to the leaderboard and now you are raging about it? Good to know..

utpal
06-12-2014, 11:06 AM

---

tarlok was fair and is best till now.
your argument is invalid. I made alot gold with it. (I came after 4-5days of event started so I didnt got the portal glitches)

while this event only gave me a gyrm egg as loot and 3ironbites (on my 3 toons)
used energy kits and luck kits on my 3 toons.
bt gyrm egg made up those gold spent on kits.
so not much profit for me.
I want that talisman so badly. I hope ursoth event brings better ring than talisman.

Haligali
06-12-2014, 11:36 AM

---

On this event, i spent around 2-300 plat+ ~4-500k gold on energy kits, and i stopped after noticing that it's not worth to me. Green and epic loots, some lockeds, few tokens for 5 plat/12k gold.. No gyrm loot, only bought an amulet with tokens, so this event was a loss for me, and i know lot people, who walk in the same shoes (~1m gold lost)
I know now that im not going to waste again gold/plat on an energy system event.

On tarlok event, i used portal glitches first, but after they fixed I did not realize, and I spent already 2k plat happily on entries. Why? because the almost guaranteed imbued gold chests. Searching for free portals meanwhile was also fun, reinvite the friends who invited me before felt very good. Farmed first on lvl36, then i went to twink lvls after the prices started to drop. lvl15, then that flooded also, lvl20 then lvl25 (i lvld my rogue at tarlok). Summary: 25m gold income, i was able to buy a brothers whim egg.

goblin event :nightmare:
tarlok event :encouragement: