PDA

View Full Version : Things about to get real ugly... approaching the contest end... o.O

jlmunoz
06-09-2014, 11:37 PM
The contest is about over (sometime tomorrow)... and the people we thought quit are sandbagging ... waiting for a last shot at the banners.. now how many?.. let's guess.. Noone spends lots of real money to just quit... so I'm guessing lots.. you do the math... quitting after spending $300 it's not just for anybody... so a lot of suckers are gonna inject another bundle of money into this game for prides sake... why do I say this? Just wondering if anyone else so this coming. .. ;) (other that STS)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Crowsfoot
06-09-2014, 11:39 PM
Well my router crashed so my all night push is shot. I screwed around with it for about 2 hours to no resolve so here is me tossing in the towel :/

Knowing my luck, the stupid thing will work fine when I plug it back in tomorrow morning.

Zeus
06-09-2014, 11:40 PM
Well my router crashed so my all night push is shot. I screwed around with it for about 2 hours to no resolve so here is me tossing in the towel :/

Knowing my luck, the stupid thing will work fine when I plug it back in tomorrow morning.

That's why you aren't online...meh! I was wondering what happened :(

Azemen
06-09-2014, 11:53 PM
Sam stated the contest will end at 1:30pm CST tomorrow on Tuesday.

Crowsfoot
06-09-2014, 11:55 PM
That's why you aren't online...meh! I was wondering what happened :(
7mil net loss, 150 kits in my inventory, and I can't even log on. I have 3G so all I can do is the forums and do general research

Zeus
06-10-2014, 12:09 AM
7mil net loss, 150 kits in my inventory, and I can't even log on. I have 3G so all I can do is the forums and do general research

You can play on 3g, no? I don't mind if you leach. :3

deadcobain
06-10-2014, 12:13 AM

:(

Sorry to hear this!

Waheedski
06-10-2014, 12:20 AM
This goblin event which apparently is a 'test', looks like it was a hidden gold sink.

All this cash blown and yet the main event is yet to arrive :)

My guess is shady n surge will be the reward for Ursoth leaderboard, unless STS has changed their modus operandi. I think this was a test to see how hungry people are to gain exclusively limited items and how much money can be made. Even if the people on the leaderboard spent gold, someone spent plat to sell the kits for gold!

Just for curiosity sakes, can someone do the math on how much the leader of the leaderboard spent in gold to maintain their position.

Sceazikua
06-10-2014, 12:23 AM

lol playing games on 3G is an even worse thing to burn money ;)

Crowsfoot
06-10-2014, 12:26 AM
I keep DCing after it says "authenticating" it goes "loading" then poof "Connection Failed."

I was so desperate that I even unplugged my ear buds thinking by some off chance that would help. I then went as far to block all other app activity through android assistant. Basically, I'm boned.

Madnex
06-10-2014, 12:32 AM
If you're desperate enough, you'll figure it out lol. Check around the house for free WiFi? Might also want to try sittingg at your porch or something for 3G to improve a bit.. but it's gonna be hell if you're actually trying to do something related with time in the game. But hey, you can chat just fine - it's something! xD

Crowsfoot
06-10-2014, 12:36 AM
It was just a banner ri was getting anyway. I'll save the 5mil in kits and just return some forum PMs. *cries in defeat*

xcainnblecterx
06-10-2014, 01:17 AM
This goblin event which apparently is a 'test', looks like it was a hidden gold sink.

All this cash blown and yet the main event is yet to arrive :)

My guess is shady n surge will be the reward for Ursoth leaderboard, unless STS has changed their modus operandi. I think this was a test to see how hungry people are to gain exclusively limited items and how much money can be made. Even if the people on the leaderboard spent gold, someone spent plat to sell the kits for gold!

Just for curiosity sakes, can someone do the math on how much the leader of the leaderboard spent in gold to maintain their position.

I hope for the al community that shady and surge wont be won threw leader boards. Making a legendary pet only available is alot different then a arcane pet so if sts does do it i think it should go both ways, 5 on leader boards will win it, the others have to do what the other hidden option they have. (Please not only to new crates sts)

Energizeric
06-10-2014, 01:32 AM

Sorry for the dumb question, but exactly how did this event cause gold to be removed from the game? That is what a gold sink does.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but all I see happening is gold being transferred around from one player (who buys the energy kit) to another player (who sells the energy kit).

A gold sink is when the gold leaves the game, like when you buy potions from the potion vendor, the potion vendor is not actually a real player, so the gold disappears from the game.

Energizeric
06-10-2014, 01:35 AM
I hope for the al community that shady and surge wont be won threw leader boards. Making a legendary pet only available is alot different then a arcane pet so if sts does do it i think it should go both ways, 5 on leader boards will win it, the others have to do what the other hidden option they have. (Please not only to new crates sts)

Well, I certainly hope it won't just be a random drawing. They should make some kind of contest that requires some skill and achievement. But yes, I don't like how this golbin event leaderboard turned out, because basically the person who spends the most plat (or gold) wins. If they could come up with some way to reward actual achievement and not just how much you spend, then that would be very cool.

Or just make it be a rare drop from the event bosses, and also come in locked crates.

Zeus
06-10-2014, 01:35 AM
Sorry for the dumb question, but exactly how did this event cause gold to be removed from the game? That is what a gold sink does.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but all I see happening is gold being transferred around from one player (who buys the energy kit) to another player (who sells the energy kit).

A gold sink is when the gold leaves the game, like when you buy potions from the potion vendor, the potion vendor is not actually a real player, so the gold disappears from the game.

It's not a gold sink but it sure is a good way to shift the money around a little.

Energizeric
06-10-2014, 02:24 AM
Yes, that it does.

Waheedski
06-10-2014, 02:54 AM

Sorry I paraphrased that wrong. My meaning was to remove oodles of gold from them rich folks.

Instanthumor
06-10-2014, 03:09 AM
I want my banner. I'll be pissed if I don't get it T_T

Iliketolol
06-10-2014, 03:46 AM
3g works fine for me, farmed whole day yesterday on 3g and planning o farm 20k kills today on 3g.

Dex Scene
06-10-2014, 06:14 AM
I keep DCing after it says "authenticating" it goes "loading" then poof "Connection Failed."

I was so desperate that I even unplugged my ear buds thinking by some off chance that would help. I then went as far to block all other app activity through android assistant. Basically, I'm boned.

I was wondering aswel what happened to crows! Sorry to hear that man!

—AshDex

utpal
06-10-2014, 10:54 AM
lol playing games on 3G is an even worse thing to burn money ;)
wow really? I get 200-400 ping on 3g
so its fine for me.

can I leach? I also play on 3g.

utpal
06-10-2014, 11:00 AM
It was just a banner ri was getting anyway. I'll save the 5mil in kits and just return some forum PMs. *cries in defeat*

go to internet cafe or go to ur friends' house that has good internet. just for 15mins. ( it will take some mins to sell ur kits in CS)
only if u care about ur gold.
problem solved.

Kakashis
06-10-2014, 11:41 AM
My internet died last night too!