View Full Version : Dual Spec Mages

BlueMagma
01-01-2011, 01:22 PM
What are the benefits/downfalls of being a Dual Spec Str Mage, meaning you can switch between being a mage and being a paladin. Also, what would be the point of using wands and staffs compared to just sticking with sword and shield? (Since, you have spells as your ranged attack, wands could pretty much be useless)

The only reason that I can find is that you can attack from a distance while being a mage and you can attack bosses with pally side (Then again wands and staffs do less damage than melee weapons). If this is the case, the issue here then is what would be the best set to use for a dual spec mage using Int. (Cyber Doll Set? Cyber with Keeper? Cosmo and Keeper?)

Pharcyde
01-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Benefits: You can play two classes at a time.
Downfall: You sacrifice stat points and its benefits in two classes, your just overall balanced, which isn't a bad thing either.

You are a lot more effictive with wands and staffs because they are long range. With a sword you will be chasing them everywhere.

Also wands and staffs increase your spell damage too, and you have 5 damage spells, so thats a lot of extra damage. Also wand is not completely useless, it has fairly good damage still. But also provides you with a ton of armor from the bracer.

Unruly
01-01-2011, 07:11 PM
I remember someone having a guide for Dual Spec.

BlueMagma
01-01-2011, 07:31 PM
No, i know what dual spec is, (thanks for the guide) i asked it in my other thread. I was just asking in general what are the pros and cons are based on people's experiences. Pharcyde cleared that up though. (Merci Sir) :)