PDA

View Full Version : What You Need to Know for the End of the Goblin Event!

Remiem
06-10-2014, 10:14 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=91317&d=1402002744

Hello Legends! As you all may know, the Goblin Event comes to a close today. Thank you for playing and giving us so much great feedback that we can use to make the next event, BIGGER, BETTER and more FUN for you. :) Here are the things you need to know as the Goblin Event ends:

End Time
The Goblin Event will officially end at 1:30 PM CDT today, June 10th

Event Cooldown Period
A cooldown period will start when the event ends at 1:30 pm CDT today (June 10th). At this time, you will no longer be able to fight bosses or earn points and portals will no longer spawn, but you will still have access to Littleridge to complete quests or access the token vendor.

The cooldown period will end 48 hours later at 1:30 pm CDT on June 12th at which point Littleridge will no longer be accessible and excess tokens will be removed.

FAQ's

What will you be changing for future events?
Remember, the Goblin Event was our first run at using a brand new system in Arcane Legends, and with all new systems, there are some kinks to work out. :) That's why the devs and community team have been diligent in collecting your suggestions, feedback, and bug reports throughout the event. We have been listening carefully and will be implementing many of your suggestions in the next event: Ursoth's Assault, which will be a longer (3 week) event with even more new items, quests and more. We will make a post in the near future detailing the changes you can expect to see in future events.

What will happen to my leftover energy and tokens?
Energy will be universal across all events. If you have energy kits leftover you may hold on to them or sell them for use in the next event. Tokens on the other hand will disappear when the event ends, so spend them while you still can!

What will happen with the Cleansing Stone?
In the future, we may re-run the Goblin Event. We don't have a specific time for this, but it is a possibility. For that reason, you may want to keep your Cleansing Stone in your stash. If you don't want to keep it around, you can sell it for some gold.

VooDoo Doll
06-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Nice xD

notfaded1
thnx Remi!

keikali
Thanks for the info toots.

Limsi
06-10-2014, 11:32 AM
Woot more clearance to those inquisitive minds!

Iliketolol
06-10-2014, 11:35 AM
So energy is gnna stay here.. *facepalm*

firechandra
06-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Cleasing stone works also out of the event? I mean also on normal maps poison?

DocDoBig
06-10-2014, 11:52 AM
So the next big thing is this:

Right?

Right???

SamTheDog
06-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Can't end soon enough. I'm sick to death of the freaking portals. Nordr spiders keep hiding in them and I can't killem cause the event menu pops up. It's also a big pain to end up with 3 or 4 portals right next to or on top of each other. Or better yet, spawning one right next to wraith heart or some other boss. Might have to take a sabattical during the next prevent.

Worship
06-10-2014, 12:05 PM
I think something should be added to the Vendor for 1 or 5 tokens; like 1k gold or 50 XP so the money we spent getting those tokens doesn't just go straight into your pockets with us getting no fun out of it. Something small but rewarding would be nice.

Raregem
06-10-2014, 12:12 PM
Since energy is here to stay I hope that the portal (if there is one) in town is the one that costs energy and the map spawn portals will be free.. a girl can dream!

Thanks for the update.

Nevhok
06-10-2014, 12:20 PM
What is the cleasing stone? O.O

Sceazikua
06-10-2014, 12:21 PM
I think something should be added to the Vendor for 1 or 5 tokens; like 1k gold or 50 XP so the money we spent getting those tokens doesn't just go straight into your pockets with us getting no fun out of it. Something small but rewarding would be nice.

I would gladly use the exp, but NO to gold though I love being rich. more gold = more inflation = defeats the gold sink attempt

greandeath
06-10-2014, 12:39 PM
question. what is a cleansing stone?

wvhills
06-10-2014, 12:47 PM
so, can we all agree that the energy system is a failure and do away with it? Let us play the game plz.

Bigboyblue
06-10-2014, 12:48 PM
Definitely need to modify the energy system. A few options recommended in the forums are as follows :

1) Make mob portals free to enter(possibly reduce the frequency that they appear) Let a certain amount of people enter or an amount of time pass and they close.
2) Make normal bosses drop energy.
3) Reduce the cool down time for energy.

All of these options would have a great impact on the event system and the overall morale of the player base.

iluminatic
06-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Energy staying :O

Arturohoward
06-10-2014, 12:54 PM
Aww, Noooo! Energy sistem
Too many people dont like it :( , why keep it? I'd rather the old events sistem like Tarlok's one!
Well devs said that is here to stay so we cant do nothing :|

octavos
06-10-2014, 12:55 PM
Definitely need to modify the energy system. A few options recommended in the forums are as follows :

1) Make mob portals free to enter(possibly reduce the frequency that they appear) Let a certain amount of people enter or an amount of time pass and they close.

All of these options would have a great impact on the event system and the overall morale of the player base.

this will make me love energy.. +1

Medicman
06-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Ugh....HELL NO TO ENERGY!! I do believe it's time to search for another game if sts persists on this energy system. I missed a lot of partying with friends because of it. Definitely not something I or anyone I know is grateful for. Model the tarlok event ... And get rid of energy!!

Milan Lame Man
06-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Too bad this was not announced in advance. Now I've got 2 ugly vanities and 16 tokens instead of one Ironbite egg.

Iliketolol
06-10-2014, 01:11 PM

Right?

Right???

Bro if u zoom in pic u will see a rogue standing between town wearing green ice queen vanity @_@ o.O ~.~

gamemaniaac
06-10-2014, 01:14 PM
"We have been listening carefully"

Riiiight...Of course you have. That's why you've decided to keep the energy system... Because we aaall LOVE it so much.

Sarcasm? What sarcasm?

The Goat
06-10-2014, 01:25 PM

Right?

Right???

I <3 Cupcakes!

-Rated

Sent from My Chalkboard using Tapatalk

Mehmet Tuncay
06-10-2014, 01:25 PM
Kesinlikle enerji sistemini değiştirin evcil hayvanlar artik ise yaramiyor ornek glacian egg çok zayifladi branşlar artik olmuyor gücümüzü arttiramiyoruz yeni oyunlar acil asi lazim tesekkurler

Mehmet Tuncay
06-10-2014, 01:28 PM
Draonagal
Since energy is here to stay I hope that the portal (if there is one) in town is the one that costs energy and the map spawn portals will be free.. a girl can dream!

Thanks for the update.

tharidom
06-10-2014, 01:29 PM
Are they now saying all big 3 week long events will have to be ran with 3 energy a day or only mini events?

Mehmet Tuncay
06-10-2014, 01:29 PM
Ugh....HELL NO TO ENERGY!! I do believe it's time to search for another game if sts persists on this energy system. I missed a lot of partying with friends because of it. Definitely not something I or anyone I know is grateful for. Model the tarlok event ... And get rid of energy!!

Draonagal

Mehmet Tuncay
06-10-2014, 01:30 PM
this will make me love energy.. +1

Ojiasip

tharidom
06-10-2014, 01:31 PM
So the ursuth event will be a remake of tarlok??? Which basiclly screws my new twink which spend 2mill on the tarlok gears-_-. (Guessing the stats will be the same as tarlok).

Mehmet Tuncay
06-10-2014, 01:31 PM
Ojiasip

Mehmet Tuncay
06-10-2014, 01:33 PM
Ojiasip
I would gladly use the exp, but NO to gold though I love being rich. more gold = more inflation = defeats the gold sink attempt

termi330
06-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Again energy It's sucks.. I hate sts for this.. Events only for rich players...

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 7 2013 przy użyciu Tapatalka

ishr
06-10-2014, 01:36 PM
didnt like that event.. hope next one will be awesome

Back
06-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Please don't make a feedback thread for the next event. What's the point of having one if you don't consider our feedbacks.

BTW IF YOU GUYS ARE BROKE AS **** WHY NOT PUT AN END TO YOUR OTHER FAILED GAMES LIKE DL? THAT'LL SAVE YOU GUYS FROM PAYING SERVER BILLS.

"We have been listening carefully"

Riiiight...Of course you have. That's why you've decided to keep the energy system... Because we aaall LOVE it so much.

Sarcasm? What sarcasm?

Yep, Sarcasm at it's best

Energizeric
06-10-2014, 01:44 PM
I had a lousy experience today with going through portals, and I'd like to describe it here and add a big suggestion:

Today I had about 45 tokens, so I decided I would try to get 20 more to get an Ironbite egg. I had 3 energies left, so I knew I would most likely need to buy another couple for plat and I was ok with that. So I asked in my guild if anyone was still running portals, but nobody was. So I joined the first portal I found and ended up in a party with 3 other random players. Obviously one of them was either bronze or silver tier, because we got the worst boss and I got only 1 token. Now it became clear I would need to spend even more plat to get enough tokens.

So I decided to avoid that happening again, I would make a solo party (/partyinvite 000). So I did this and went back through the portal, and I got the middle level boss and got 4 tokens. Ok so far.... I repeated this a couple more times, and now was almost there. I bought one more energy, and then I entered the portal, and ended up with the best boss Payne. Problem was I cannot beat him solo no matter what. I spent 45 minutes there, died about 30 times, used about 3000 health potions, and still couldn't win. So I was forced to leave, and was short enough tokens for Ironbite. I ended up cashing in for 2 vanity sets instead.

So what is my suggestion? PLEASE MATCH PLAYERS OF THE SAME TIER WHEN JOINING PUGS. There is nothing worse than working your way to gold tier, then joining a map and ending up with the worst boss because a player of a lower tier is there. You cannot even change your mind and leave and join another one or else you lose your energy. So you end up stuck and wasting your energy. 5 plat to enter a portal, and I end up with 1 token. Please make this change. I'm sure it's not a hard one.

Energizeric
06-10-2014, 01:48 PM
So the ursuth event will be a remake of tarlok??? Which basiclly screws my new twink which spend 2mill on the tarlok gears-_-. (Guessing the stats will be the same as tarlok).

So what kind of event should they have, and what kind of gear should drop so that people are interested and want to participate?

My suggestion is to make the gear neither better or worse, but different. Tarlok gear was strong on damage. So instead they should make gear strong on crit, or strong on armor. Tarlok didnt' have weapons, so maybe this next even should have the best twink weapons. There are lots of good ways they can make a good event without hurting the value of your tarlok gear.

I agree that they should not just make better gear for twinks every few months. They have to leave it longer than that before replacing it.

Rare
06-10-2014, 01:50 PM
Today I had about 45 tokens, so I decided I would try to get 20 more to get an Ironbite egg. I had 3 energies left, so I knew I would most likely need to buy another couple for plat and I was ok with that.

Why not just buy them with gold. They were like 10k last I checked.

and then I entered the portal, and ended up with the best boss Payne. Problem was I cannot beat him solo no matter what. I spent 45 minutes there, died about 30 times, used about 3000 health potions, and still couldn't win.

I dunno. I solo'd payne with all 3 classes at endgame rather easily. Just had to know how to beat him.

I do, however, agree that you should be matched up with people in the same tier.

Energizeric
06-10-2014, 01:52 PM
I'm an arcane mage, and I tried everything, but no matter what I couldn't get Payne down past 50% health. He just kept regenerating faster than I could damage him, and then at some point he would always one hit me. I did my best to spam health pots, and used a ton of them, but kept dying anyway.

Maybe my build is wrong for this as I only have 2 offensive skills along with shield and heal. Maybe I needed 3 offensive skills, or maybe even curse would have worked well here. IDK.

jeocapat
06-10-2014, 01:54 PM
What will happen with the Cleansing Stone?
In the future, we may re-run the Goblin Event. We don't have a specific time for this, but it is a possibility. For that reason, you may want to keep your Cleansing Stone in your stash. If you don't want to keep it around, you can sell it for some gold.

Rare
06-10-2014, 01:55 PM
I'm an arcane mage, and I tried everything, but no matter what I couldn't get Payne down past 50% health. He just kept regenerating faster than I could damage him, and then at some point he would always one hit me. I did my best to spam health pots, and used a ton of them, but kept dying anyway.

Maybe my build is wrong for this as I only have 2 offensive skills along with shield and heal. Maybe I needed 3 offensive skills, or maybe even curse would have worked well here. IDK.

I have arcane nothing on my sorcerer. In fact, just an expedition rifle. The key was to move around to keep him out of the green puddles. Before the throws a puddle move to the outside so the puddles drop there. Then and attack. Before he throws another glob move to the other side. Having puddles in the middle made it very difficult as they healed him very quickly.

As for skills, at bosses I use 3 attack skills (fireball, lighting, ice) and shield.

Hectororius
06-10-2014, 01:56 PM

nub.

you def need 3 attack skills.

Iliketolol
06-10-2014, 01:57 PM
I have arcane nothing on my sorcerer. In fact, just an expedition rifle. The key was to move around to keep him out of the green puddles. Before the throws a puddle move to the outside so the puddles drop there. Then and attack. Before he throws another glob move to the other side. Having puddles in the middle made it very difficult as they healed him very quickly.

Am not even mythic, yet i owned him everytime.

Haligali
06-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Tarlok didnt' have weapons, so maybe this next even should have the best twink weapons.

Imagine the rage of dark watch sword owners.

Energizeric
06-10-2014, 02:00 PM
Imagine the rage of dark watch sword owners.

Well, the other alternative is to make the event for end game only. There is no point in making it a twink event if the twink gear is no good. Either the event will be interesting for twinks, or it won't be LOL

calicobridge
Glad crappiest event in AL history is over, pissed that energy is staying. Guess it's bye bye AL. I'm not rich enough to play.

Energizeric
Am not even mythic, yet i owned him everytime.

I guess I just didn't have the right build. I'm in PvP build, and unfortunately that doesn't always work too well for soloing bosses.

Kakashis
06-10-2014, 02:02 PM
Should get rid of the energy system. There's no way that keeping this in the game can end well.

Haligali
06-10-2014, 02:03 PM
Well, the other alternative is to make the event for end game only. There is no point in making it a twink event if the twink gear is no good. Either the event will be interesting for twinks, or it won't be LOL

I think weapons are ok, but not better than the current best. Staff for mages, hammer for warriors and daggers for rogues on a decent but not best lvl. These are missing from locked crates anyways.

Impact
06-10-2014, 02:18 PM
Play the other legends games if u don't like al, free to play players can compete with plat players ALOT more since plat is mostly used for just vanities.

Worship
06-10-2014, 02:18 PM
The entire reason why they have energy is to limit how many rares drop! People would farm for Gyrm all day if there was no energy and Gyrm would be worth 20k instead of 750k+
The energy system is GOOD and SUCCESSFUL

wvhills
06-10-2014, 02:22 PM
The entire reason why they have energy is to limit how many rares drop! People would farm for Gyrm all day if there was no energy and Gyrm would be worth 20k instead of 750k+

No, the reason they have energy is to sell them for plat. if it were to limit rare drops then it wouldn't be available for plat in the store. it's a money making system. imo, they have crates, vanities, revs, and pets as a revenue stream and energy needs to go.

Serancha
06-10-2014, 02:23 PM

Grym stayed valuable because it had an extremely low drop rate. STS did the same thing with Breezega in the Tarlok event. Keeping drop rates under control isn't rocket science, but charging people to do more than 4 runs a day is NOT the way to accomplish this. They did it before, I don't get why we now have to pay "to keep items valuable". It's a total farce.

Raregem
06-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Taking a step back and pushing aside the anger, frustration and annoyance over this new system I understand why they can't get rid of energy now. There is to much unused energy floating around now in cs and probably in players stashes. If they remove energy completely what will happen to the players that did spend gold or plat on the kits? It will become worthless, no one will buy it in the cs it will just be another thing to liquidate. So stg can not remove it completely without upsetting an already unstable player base.

Since they can't kill it all we can do is hope that they do include free portals in the next event in maps.

If you guys (STG) could give us more insight on your line of thinking about the energy I think that would help lower the pitchforks a little bit. It just keeps getting addressed like it's no big deal and to us it is a HUGE deal. We know you guys are working out the kinks but even a post along the lines of these are the options we are looking at etc.. So that we KNOW that you hear us would be welcome.

jeocapat
06-10-2014, 02:33 PM

First of all that 750k you are talking about is a fake price watch tomorrow or next how the egg starts dropping.
Secondly during the tarlok event there were Breezaga eggs which maintained a high value even though there was the initial portal glitch now imagine the tarlok event without portal glitch.. that calls for less items looted during tarlok event and even higher prices.

Its not our fault if there was a glitch and the tarlok event items overflooded the market it was sts fault.

It so simple to make rare drops without spilling the last cent out of your players and breezaga is definately the best example...a egg looted from the best boss accessible FREELY that has a slight chance of looting a crate that has a slight chance of looting a egg.

I compared gyrm drop rate to that of breezaga and my friend in five runs i looted 2 gyrms...that is far away from rare. I believe there are loooot of gyrm eggs ig right now.

grumpy
06-10-2014, 02:36 PM

non-arcane/ half-mythic mage here. He was indeed very hard to kill solo. I only managed to kill him twice under 5 mins through lucky panics with magmatic totem / slag + spamming fire, ice, lightning as much as I could. I also found I stood a better shot if I never charged my skills, since he heals so fast any time not spent attacking him is more time for him to heal. With shield on, I found I could stand in his redzone and only take about ~50% hp hit. Basically the trick is to hit as fast as u can and not die, so yeah you'll need at least 3 offensive skill, or even 4 if you can survive. well doesnt matter now that the event is over :/

wvhills
06-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Taking a step back and pushing aside the anger, frustration and annoyance over this new system I understand why they can't get rid of energy now. There is to much unused energy floating around now in cs and probably in players stashes. If they remove energy completely what will happen to the players that did spend gold or plat on the kits? It will become worthless, no one will buy it in the cs it will just be another thing to liquidate. So stg can not remove it completely without upsetting an already unstable player base.

Since they can't kill it all we can do is hope that they do include free portals in the next event in maps.

If you guys (STG) could give us more insight on your line of thinking about the energy I think that would help lower the pitchforks a little bit. It just keeps getting addressed like it's no big deal and to us it is a HUGE deal. We know you guys are working out the kinks but even a post along the lines of these are the options we are looking at etc.. So that we KNOW that you hear us would be welcome.

they can kill it. read the responses in this and other threads. the overwhelming majority would dance a jig to see the energy system gone. in fact, it never should have been introduced in the first place. they tried it in DL and it failed miserably.

as far as their line of thinking it's all about selling plat. they've said before that tarlok was a failure because they didn't make any money off of it. they are looking for ways to create revenue streams off this event. and walling off the players isn't the way to do it. they have crates, vanities, plat revs, elixirs and pets and, imo, they should be happy with that.

Dinamit
06-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Please remove the energy system! The whole Eminence and not only hates it!

Raregem
06-10-2014, 02:50 PM
they can kill it. read the responses in this and other threads. the overwhelming majority would dance a jig to see the energy system gone. in fact, it never should have been introduced in the first place. they tried it in DL and it failed miserably.

as far as their line of thinking it's all about selling plat. they've said before that tarlok was a failure because they didn't make any money off of it. they are looking for ways to create revenue streams off this event. and walling off the players isn't the way to do it. they have crates, vanities, plat revs, elixirs and pets and, imo, they should be happy with that.

I wish they would kill it, and have been pushing for it to be removed since the start of the event. You're absolutely right it should not of been introduced in the first place they completely ignored the thread about it before the event even started when everyone said it was a bad idea. I'm just trying to hold onto something to justify staying. I've put in close to a year on this game and to see it move towards this direction is a major disappointment. This next event and how they handle it will be the deciding factor for me on whether or not I find another game. From all the updates about the energy system they don't seem to have any plans to remove it so all we can do is really hope at this point that they come up with the right solution. Part of me wonders if they put it into effect to try and make up revenue for their new battle legends game as well. Which opens a whole different can of worms.

Jenvy
06-10-2014, 03:02 PM
Energy will be universal across all events. If you have energy kits leftover you may hold on to them or sell them for use in the next event. Tokens on the other hand will disappear when the event ends, so spend them while you still can!

I think I can say with the near-full support of the community that introducing energy to AL was one of the absolute worst decision you guys have ever made.

Fact: if energy isn't overhauled entirely (or made borderline irrelevant) in the next few events, you're going to lose a MAJOR part of your AL player base. I've been playing STS Legends games for years now, and I'm actually tempted to ragequit the entire series because of this. If I'm tempted to leave... well, you can say goodbye to a good portion of your less loyal AL users. When there's no one left to dominate, AL's hardcore spenders will stop buying plat to be the best. Eventually, they too will jump ship. AL will stop winning all those shiny 'BEST MMO' awards. New player influx will dry out. AL will stagnate and die. You'll lose massive potential profits as it becomes just another unpopulated game taking up server space. To stay afloat, you'll have to put out a brand new Legends sans this terrible system and cling to the hope that the loyal amongst us will return for the new IP.

TL;DR - In-app purchase games don't truly last unless there is a semblance of real balance between cashers and free users. Pushing it too far out of balance is going to kill AL. It's going to die, just like PL did. And who knows? Maybe that's what you're aiming for. Maybe you're just gearing up for Western/Orient/Spartan/Medieval/Whatever Legends.

But can I give you a piece of advice for the future? Trading one money-grubbing flagship for the next is an awful business plan for game companies. You should want to keep AL populated, user-friendly, and running smoothly as you expand and put out new titles. Think how much money you could make if you had TWO ALs.

STS... let's get real for a moment. I love you like a fat kid loves cake. I don't want to watch my cake (you) turn into moldy maggot-covered mush (Gamevil).

Mmmm... try using gyrm or ribbit with lightning?

Nikolordi
06-10-2014, 03:16 PM
I would just love to say that the event time was too short and I didnt even loot one gyrm with these chances= Leprechaun pendant and Lepre + Loot reroll from Klaas. This kinda sucks and obviously I was gold tier. Please tell me why I didbt loot gyrm from any boss

Send from MOON

Kakashis
06-10-2014, 03:34 PM
I would just love to say that the event time was too short and I didnt even loot one gyrm with these chances= Leprechaun pendant and Lepre + Loot reroll from Klaas. This kinda sucks and obviously I was gold tier. Please tell me why I didbt loot gyrm from any boss

Send from MOON

because like many other players, we were limited in runs by gold/plat. Blame the plat sink... er energy system

Pressplay
06-10-2014, 03:44 PM
So mostly everyone agrees this goblin event wasnt any good, Tarlok was way better. I say make the next event have a portal in town that you use energy/plat to enter while also having portals drop from mobs that are free but only stay open for a few mins. Or you can make energy kits farmable at all times from bosses or w/e so ppl can stock up on them b4 events. you can also have them drop from crates this would lower the price in cs for non plat spenders. Ither way though sts would lose some revenue. Lets see if they choose money or customers. Seems like a simple choice for me. Money is a good choice for short term only. Long term should be their goal. Or am i wrong? Theres alot of other legends games maybe sts is thinking its almost time for a new one, lets get all the money we can out of these AL players b4 we make this next game. Lets hope not!

Milan Lame Man
06-10-2014, 03:56 PM
OK so everyone hates energy.
There are (were) 2 ways to like it:

1. Keep your daily routine, run elites, do dailies, merch, help newbies, and, when the mood strikes, you can run an Event Mission map 3 times a day. Obviously there has to be limit for plat spenders or this is just a plat race, so let me repeat my suggestion that plat could only buy you double energy regeneration rate and capacity, not unlimited access.

2. Run a twink army. I did it and, in fact, loved the event! I ran the mission map like 50 times a day all free, learned the ins and outs during the first day, figured out boss strategies at twink level where the difficulty was not so insane, and also looted 2 Gyrms in the end, with just 2 energy kits total and like 30 lucks. (I was hoping to get 3 Gyrms but oh well, I don't like my warrior anyway :-) )

ended up with the best boss Payne. Problem was I cannot beat him solo no matter what.
I see the discussion is now pointless but still... it's really a matter of 2 things: keep him away from the green goo that heals him, and keep potting at all times. I felt like a piano player with Payne and Fury.
Of course it's hard to figure out he only heals when he's over the goo, when he can 2-shot you. If i didn't meet him on a twink first, I might just rage quit. Once you can lure him between the pools, and keep potting to stay alive, it's only a matter of time to kill him, whether with 2 or 4 attack skills. ( I killed him using a rogue with only 2 attack skills, lol)

Magegrimm
06-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Great!

Energizeric
06-10-2014, 04:13 PM

Would have liked to, but I'm on iOS so most of my pets are not usable at the moment. I only had Slag, Ripmaw, Abbadon, Misty and Grimm to choose from.

Azemeazed
06-10-2014, 04:17 PM
milan explained it well, i killed it with locked expeditinal gun and abbadon/grimm/slag, multiple times.

Crazyteam
06-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Easy. Just do 2 type of events. One tarlok and one like the last. So everyone is happy?

Not easy to please all.

Energy is a good thing but better if cheaper maybe 1-2 plat and more running befor gold tier. Should be better gear when completed. And lot more difficult :-).

Maybe more steps like platinum etc.

Haligali
06-10-2014, 04:24 PM
This is the best thing what happened during the event, it finally ended!

Kalahesi
06-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Glad this event is over, such a drain. This is the first and last time i'll waste my plats with such little return.

Ipvp
06-10-2014, 04:36 PM
Plat users will win all events....

vfreakhun
06-10-2014, 04:51 PM
I heard about Goblin banner for gold tiers. Is it just rumor?

Sent from Asus TF701T (with hw keys)

karrdath
06-10-2014, 04:59 PM
So new event will be energy based????. I hope not. Zzzz

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

deadcobain
06-10-2014, 05:04 PM
So new event will be energy based????. I hope not. Zzzz

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Sts has said yoy can keep energy kits and glowstones for future use, or sell them, so it must be energy based.

ain't got no how whatchamacallit (kurt cobain)

Rianaku
06-10-2014, 05:16 PM
So disappointed in this Event System.
I understand Energy cannot simply be removed, and there's no point rambling on about how they should not have added it,
that's in the past now.

But honestly, STS, you guys seem like you're heading this game in the same direction that every other great game follows,
riiiight before it dies.

Don't do that. Look after your customers, and do the right thing. If you do, we'll keep playing, and you'll keep earning. If not, laters.

PEACE

deadcobain
06-10-2014, 05:19 PM
So disappointed in this Event System.
I understand Energy cannot simply be removed, and there's no point rambling on about how they should not have added it,
that's in the past now.

But honestly, STS, you guys seem like you're heading this game in the same direction that every other great game follows,
riiiight before it dies.

Don't do that. Look after your customers, and do the right thing. If you do, we'll keep playing, and you'll keep earning. If not, laters.

PEACE

Looking at the other sts games and forum comments about them (and specifically comments about game updates) I'm starting to wonder whether their games simply have a limited profit lifespan or something?

Energizeric
06-10-2014, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I'd say the only winners in this event are #1 on the leaderboard, and those who bought the energy kits for plat and resold them in the auction.

Considering the cost of energy, the loot to be had is not worth the cost of buying energy, whether you buy for gold or plat. Best thing to do with your gold is to just save it and not participate in the event, perhaps merch the items that get looted. And the best thing to do with your plat is to buy energy kits to sell in the auction.

xxSkyxx
06-10-2014, 05:34 PM
I think I can say with the near-full support of the community that introducing energy to AL was one of the absolute worst decision you guys have ever made.

Fact: if energy isn't overhauled entirely (or made borderline irrelevant) in the next few events, you're going to lose a MAJOR part of your AL player base. I've been playing STS Legends games for years now, and I'm actually tempted to ragequit the entire series because of this. If I'm tempted to leave... well, you can say goodbye to a good portion of your less loyal AL users. When there's no one left to dominate, AL's hardcore spenders will stop buying plat to be the best. Eventually, they too will jump ship. AL will stop winning all those shiny 'BEST MMO' awards. New player influx will dry out. AL will stagnate and die. You'll lose massive potential profits as it becomes just another unpopulated game taking up server space. To stay afloat, you'll have to put out a brand new Legends sans this terrible system and cling to the hope that the loyal amongst us will return for the new IP.

TL;DR - In-app purchase games don't truly last unless there is a semblance of real balance between cashers and free users. Pushing it too far out of balance is going to kill AL. It's going to die, just like PL did. And who knows? Maybe that's what you're aiming for. Maybe you're just gearing up for Western/Orient/Spartan/Medieval/Whatever Legends.

But can I give you a piece of advice for the future? Trading one money-grubbing flagship for the next is an awful business plan for game companies. You should want to keep AL populated, user-friendly, and running smoothly as you expand and put out new titles. Think how much money you could make if you had TWO ALs.

STS... let's get real for a moment. I love you like a fat kid loves cake. I don't want to watch my cake (you) turn into moldy maggot-covered mush (Gamevil).

Well said! Couldn't have put it better myself.
Right here is valuable advise STS, please read and take (very serious) note.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sky_is_epicgearz
06-10-2014, 05:46 PM

Well well... Sorry if anyone disagrees with me but having energy control how events are played is the most ludicrous idea I've ever heard of. Comparing this event to the tarlok event I would say that the tarlok event was far better probably one of the best event I've ever done.

The tarlok event was unlimited access to portals but they didn't spawn from mob but bosses and that concept was much better. It's already hard to loot a gyrm egg and on top of the you only get 3 energy about every day decreasing your chances by a lot. Imagine if this was done on the tarlok event there would only be a handful of the tarlok gear available, even less of the twink gear. The fact that you plan to do this for all the upcoming event is a real let down on your part.

Will all the event have prizes also? Because this one strongly encouraged people to spend...

More events like tarlok plz

Energizeric
06-10-2014, 05:46 PM
All they need to do to make the energy system work is to make it possible to loot energy kits from regular and elite bosses. Then it will be no different than the tarlok even where you needed to kill bosses for portals to spawn. With the current energy system, you can find a portal just by going to the event town. So instead of killing bosses to look for portals, now you kill them to look for energy kits. Same thing. Only difference is during Tarlok when you found a portal, your friends could join you. Now when you find an energy kit, it's just for you and not your friends. But what's nice is you can save the energy for later and accumulate 3 of them before using. With Tarlok you had to go through portal then and could not save for later.

llamakiller
06-10-2014, 05:48 PM
So this event was huge dissapointment due to the fact if didnt use plat or spend gold on energy you couldn't save enough tokens to get the good stuff 7hours waiting for on energy wth now i got 82 tokens didn't have enough time. to save for weapon cause 95% of the time got lowest boss so one token each time

deadcobain
06-10-2014, 06:04 PM
Time to shake off the major payne goo and look forward to bug fixes and then a fun new improved event :)

Um please all pack your blighted vanities away, maybe they will be worth billions one day. You don't want the sunshine bleaching the value out of them.

Okay what I really mean is they're 'orrible and I'm tired of seeing them.

Onwards!

Pets! Gem upgrades! Ursoth!

Fyrce
06-10-2014, 07:33 PM
I also ran a twink platoon, possibly an army, and I had a good time w/ the event, even only 1/2 aware of it to start. Course, maybe doing it the easy, free way is more fun and less stressful.

Payne was the only boss that was nominally more interesting than the rest. For all of them, just avoid poisons, red areas. For Payne, like Rare said, run him to one end, wait for his puddle, run him to the other end. Repeat. He's easy as long as he doesn't stand in a puddle. If you make a mistake and he does touch a puddle, run far away and he'll follow, preferably before he undoes all your damage. Keep the puddles on the long ends, or the edges, and you'll have lots of area to work in.

Ycbikinibrief
06-10-2014, 07:34 PM
I looooooovvvvveeee the energy system... said no one ever.

Worship
06-10-2014, 07:43 PM
You guys are complaining about energy.. when the answer is right here:

On the subject of energy, we know from Halloween and Tarlok's winter wrath event that without some mechanism to regulate the influx of items, they will be farmed to worthlessness. Item rarity is an important part of value. If everyone had Arcane and Mythic items, they wouldn't have any special value. So too with event items. We are working hard to find the right balance for the game and appreciate your continued feedback.

Morholt
06-10-2014, 08:30 PM
How to get rid of energy, without making people with energy kits angry: sts can look up every sale in the CS of energy kits, find the average price, and then allow players to liquidate them at that price.
Problem solved.

Lowered drop rates will regulate the potential flooding of event gear. No need to make players pay to play content.

Do the things I've said since day one: energy kits lootable from certain bosses. And stop making events accessible by lvl 7s, especially when you make prizes in related contests that are end game items. Events should be lvl 35+. I can't farm teeth on my lvl 15 for a reason...

Rhaindra
06-10-2014, 09:44 PM
Whatever.. I m so boring with that event. Better I hunt lock or eggs than waste my time to get reward in token unreachable.

Sent from my GT-B5330 using Tapatalk

idler90
06-10-2014, 10:20 PM
hi, the event was a good idea and a good event, but i think you should make this a little more accessible for the player that no have platinum, i understand that the platinum member should have more benefits; but at the same time it should be more attractive and easy to the other; i think that is unjust that a normal player can't be able to enter at the top players of the event. 7 hours to have each energy, 3 opportunity to play for day, 30 point max, is impossible to the common player make 12000 points at the event like the top 3 players or at least top 20 players.
I repeat the event is a great great idea, and was a very good event, but i would like that the next event was a little bit more democratic on this aspect.
p.s. A idea was that the event have 2 kind of top player: Platinum members, with his respective rewards and no platinum players with with rewards comparable with the platinum members. however tha principal idea is make the event more equitable for all.

Uikuha
06-11-2014, 12:47 AM
At least, please change the energy system.. we will be happy.

Sorry my English

ancestor
06-11-2014, 01:43 AM
So Is It Safe To Say That Gyrm And Ironbite Are Discontinued forever

cookiehunterx
06-11-2014, 01:56 AM
Tarlok was much better
That was happy hunt

yasshh
06-11-2014, 02:02 AM
This is the best thing what happened during the event, it finally ended!

Another one coming bro.. Need to stack more balls

ALlIsWell
06-11-2014, 04:06 AM
We don't like energy system but STS still goes against our opinion.Its unfair :(
Is that how you collect our feedback?

srsly for the 1st time i'm disappointed.

Ansm
06-11-2014, 04:12 AM
ohh.. ok Thank you for the Info :D I wish It'll be Fun when the Ursoth's Assault Event comes! cause I am really excitteedd! :D

Bigboyblue
06-11-2014, 06:57 AM
Everyone agrees that the energy system is brutal as it has been implemented. STS, make the next event enjoyable for the masses or risk losing them. You know what the current recommendation are for revamping the system. Put them into action and let everyone play. The revenue will still be generated by lb chasers. I would recommend better prizes for the top 25 and a real super prize for top 5. Should generate greater revenue by increasing the number of players that receive lb rewards.

Mrwolfla
06-11-2014, 10:21 AM
They need the system to continue the game. They weren't making enough money from regular events and other things so they implemented this to create revenue. They do need to change a few things in it, like maybe having energy drop from other bosses, but they need it to continue making updates and events to the game that we all love and will play no matter the circumstance.

Jenvy
06-11-2014, 10:43 AM
They need the system to continue the game. They weren't making enough money from regular events and other things so they implemented this to create revenue. They do need to change a few things in it, like maybe having energy drop from other bosses, but they need it to continue making updates and events to the game that we all love and will play no matter the circumstance.

The current system is going to make them lose money, in the end.

If they needed money, they should have implemented things people actually want, and charged really high prices to unlock/buy them (extended character personalization, guild note, guild announcements, guild pvp room, 1v1 pvp room, guild bonus elixirs, more stash options, guild mail, assortment of plat function kits [respec, change face, rename], tiny reroll chance on crates, built-in minigames, etc etc).

There were so many better options, but they chose one of the laziest, and most ostracizing.

Tendirin
06-11-2014, 10:44 AM
so fun thanks sts

vfreakhun
06-11-2014, 12:35 PM
It is very hard to say something against the vast majority of the forum members,
BUT
Let's calculate a bit (will be long, be warned).

During event you got for free
- 20 energy point (if you did not let it full and started in the 1st 7 hours)
- 14 tokens from daily.

I assumed at the beginning
- 14k gold for each energy point
- get 3 tokens/run as average *
This means I calculated 75 Goblin tokens for free => 1 ironbite + 10 extra **.
I mentioned to my guildmates that Ironbite EVERYBODY will have, there will be no value at all.

* Later it turned out that the average is much higher, like 5 tokens/run.
This is in line with vendor offer 25 plat = 20 token = 5 run.
Because you have to get more than 20 token for 5 runs, otherwise everybody just buy token from plat and that's all.

** Later also turned out that in the beginning 3 token/run was not achieved it was like 2 instead.

How I tried my best:

I need +30-35 (34 calculated) energy to have wild talisman which costs 476k.
I had 600k-650k so I can "afford" (PLEASE do not say that I am rich).

My best char is a rogue, so I buy a wild talisman for her, others will buy Ironbite.
I have 3 capped char (rogue, warrior and mage) + 1 twink rogue.

- At 1st day I got some extra energy point and everything worked a little better than calculated (bought and spent 8-10 energy).
Then I realized that wild talisman for rogue is far cheaper than 476k or even cheaper than cost of energy I still need.
SO I stopped using extra energy for capped rogue.
- At 2nd and 3rd day I just checked prices (and I was a bit angry of myself).
- I realized that everybody use rogue and mage char - so warrior talisman will be the most valuable.
- At 4th day I bought and spent 8-10 energy with my warrior - with gold tier guildmates.
because I heard that "Gold tier" has only chance to have 4 and 6 token boss (let's say 5 as average),
SO
- With my rogues (cap level and twink) I soloed - got 1st Gyrm egg.
- The wild talisman for mage became less that 200k so I bought one.
- At last day I realized that I could have both rogue and warrior wild talisman due to gold tier better yield AND some extra energy point I got.
- I fighed through with 4-5 extra energy to buy a talisman for warrior - meanwile I got my 2nd Gyrm.
- Started to solo rogue. BUT to be sure on solo (money gone) I opened from map and waste too much time.
- I got my 3rd Gyrm.
- Finally I was not able to kill last Payne due to event end. Boooooo

Results from Goblin event with 600k:
- 1 wild talisman for mage (bought for gold),
- 1 wild talisman for warrior (used goblin tokens),
- 1 goblin knife for rogue,
- 3 Ironbite (from mage, twink and the rest of rogue goblin tokens),
- 3 looted Gyrm.

This was my results, maybe different than yours. Maybe I was lucky with 3 Gyrms.
Maybe I started the finish (last 1-2 hours) a bit late but I wanted to see clear about energy I got due to time&loot.

The only negative effect that I have 50k-70k now :-/

Rare
06-11-2014, 02:06 PM

You see, keeping items rare keeps the content fun. But wait. What if you can't play the content because you can't or won't pay. Where's the fun in that?

Tendirin
06-11-2014, 02:21 PM
tons of fun in that

chitgoks
06-11-2014, 06:20 PM
truw. unused tokens should be convertible to 1k per token

Haligali
06-12-2014, 04:24 AM

Then its a fail, put the eggs into chests to keep rarity. There is 24 Gyrm in cs now, breezaga was max 10 pc in cs. 7 day vs one month event..

SacredKnight
06-12-2014, 04:54 AM
I am going to be honest, I personally don't like the energy system but with a few adjustments which are quite frequently stated in the forum, in could be better.
All that being said I am really look forward to the next event.
Keep up the awesome work at STS!

cyrusrevange
06-12-2014, 05:47 AM
How about free respec, it would be great, thanks :)

Cptmond
06-12-2014, 05:25 PM
Allow the lvl2 Gold Tier rings to be stashed..

obee
06-12-2014, 07:10 PM
Omg...energy is gonna stay....sts wants the $$$$

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Mhaymhay
07-03-2014, 03:20 AM

All of these options would have a great impact on the event system and the overall morale of the player base.. I do like tarlok event it has free portals available for everyone, just farm them and if u wanna join the lb event just buy energy for portals ; )