PDA

View Full Version : result of the event..

Eski
06-10-2014, 01:38 PM
I dont need to tell a lot about that event...
U all know that those energy balls are the worst thing that could happen
Also i want to ask stg about the possibility for everyone to win that contest...
Yes!! Everyone can win that one .. by WASTING thousands of plat(for almost norhing)(stg u know i have spend a really big amount of plats)
So , where was the fun? The competition?

Crowsfoot
06-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Read the Sig

Eski
06-10-2014, 01:41 PM
Cool story bro?lol

falmear
06-10-2014, 01:45 PM
To win this contest you need to spend around 45 million in gold buying kits or around 15,000 plat. A simple formula to see what everyone spent is take their points, divide by 30. The most common boss gave 30 points. Then multiply that number by the cost of 1 entry. So lets say an average of 15k per kit or 5 plat per entry. This is just a ballpark number and doesn't represent an exact number. And yes I know you could make money and/or cover your costs. But it shows that you need a large initial capital investment of gold or a huge wallet to buy plat. Also you can't spend all your time selling gyrm eggs, crates and what you can buy from tokens. So to keep going you need to be liquidating what you farm for cheap or you are wasting time waiting for sales. So this kind of the event is only for the very gold rich or very plat rich. For myself I broke even gold wise and ended up with 6 gyrm eggs as profit. Plus whatever I can buy now with what tokens I have left.

Crowsfoot
06-10-2014, 01:57 PM
To win this contest you need to spend around 45 million in gold buying kits or around 15,000 plat. A simple formula to see what everyone spent is take their points, divide by 30. The most common boss gave 30 points. Then multiply that number by the cost of 1 entry. So lets say an average of 15k per kit or 5 plat per entry. This is just a ballpark number and doesn't represent an exact number. And yes I know you could make money and/or cover your costs. But it shows that you need a large initial capital investment of gold or a huge wallet to buy plat. Also you can't spend all your time selling gyrm eggs, crates and what you can buy from tokens. So to keep going you need to be liquidating what you farm for cheap or you are wasting time waiting for sales. So this kind of the event is only for the very gold rich or very plat rich. For myself I broke even gold wise and ended up with 6 gyrm eggs as profit. Plus whatever I can buy now with what tokens I have left.
Turned it into a formula, correct me if misinterpreted.

C = P x K / 30

C: cost
P: points
K: cost per kit (plat or gold)

However, kits are a constant so you can simplify the equation by substituting 15,000 for K and deriving the new constant of 500. Few players used plat to make the lb, contrary to popular belief. The new equation is as follows

C = P x 500

Example (using my points)

C = 22,000 x 500
C = 11,000,000

Surprisingly accurate since I spent 12mil on kits but gave 1mil worth away to help someone run faster.

---

C = P x 500

C: cost in gold

OR

N = P / 6

N: cost in plat

falmear
06-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Also if you were using a twink and depending on who was paying for that. The cost could have been much higher. My example is if you were only paying your own way.

Crowsfoot
06-10-2014, 02:18 PM
Also if you were using a twink and depending on who was paying for that. The cost could have been much higher. My example is if you were only paying your own way.
Yes, the equation that describes your method only accounts for paying for one's own kits on a single character.

Ardbeg
06-10-2014, 03:06 PM
I dont need to tell a lot about that event...
U all know that those energy balls are the worst thing that could happen
Also i want to ask stg about the possibility for everyone to win that contest...
Yes!! Everyone can win that one .. by WASTING thousands of plat(for almost norhing)(stg u know i have spend a really big amount of plats)
So , where was the fun? The competition?

and i don' t think a warrior had the slightest chance to win this, not with all plat or gold necessary and all possible exploits.
lot s off things to improve and avoid in the next contest....

Samhayne
06-10-2014, 03:11 PM
and i don' t think a warrior had the slightest chance to win this, not with all plat or gold necessary and all possible exploits.
lot s off things to improve and avoid in the next contest....

We are definitely doing class leaderboards in the next one :)

Avaree
06-10-2014, 03:14 PM

This is good (:

Btw out of thanks for today

jeocapat
06-10-2014, 03:25 PM
Sam what if portals from mobs where free and there was also a portal in the event map that grants direct access to the bosses through energy balls?
Everything remains the same... 3 energy balls 8hrs to replenish each BUT portals from mobs grant free access to the boss.
Keep the LB for the hardcore players that will want the shady and surge and make those spend the real cash. Give arcane pet arcane ring mythic weapon to the LB give them good stuff and make them want to win but also give the f2p players the enjoyment and fun that has always been a point in favour of AL.

Plat players and hardcore gamers:
#1 Fixed portals in Event map accessible via energy balls.
#2 LB with appetible prizes.

Average plat players and freemiums:
#3 Free portals with a lower drop ratel than the current.

To keep stuff rare you can use the
double filter method from tarlok (see breezaga eggs) : slight chance for a chest that has a slight chance for item X.

And please no portal glitch and scale the bosses and mobs to the lower levels right from day1 of event.

Crowsfoot
06-10-2014, 03:28 PM
Fantastic!

Bunny♥
06-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Fantastic!

I heard you loss a lot from the goblin event, hope to see your name on the next event (which i believe is bigger) and probably win something good from it :)

ArtofWar
06-10-2014, 03:33 PM
lolplat

deadcobain
06-10-2014, 03:35 PM
I heard you loss a lot from the goblin event, hope to see your name on the next event (which i believe is bigger) and probably win something good from it :)

#teamcrowsfoot =D

ain't got no how whatchamacallit (kurt cobain)

Crowsfoot
06-10-2014, 03:49 PM
I won't have time off work. I take the first week off in June (tradition of mine, DON'T ask). I had another planned event that has given me time off today as well. It will be business as usual tomorrow. Additionally, I simply don't have the wealth to buy that many kits next event. Good luck to you, Zeus, and others though :)

Ps: a three week event will undoubtedly be won by someone with a heck of a lot of free time.