PDA

View Full Version : support build

radagan
06-11-2014, 10:04 AM
Anyone know good support build lvl 41? Pve and pvp

radagan
06-11-2014, 03:13 PM
I mean like support team like make their runs as easy as possible if u know what i mean

falmear
06-11-2014, 03:22 PM
My standard recommendation for mage is ice,fire,time shift,shield and rest on passives. You can include lightning and switch time shift for lightning at boss. You can make runs easier for your party by learning how to do crowd control with ice,fire,time shift. If you want to include lifegiver into your build then I am not sure where that would go really, unless you want to replace shield with life giver. But you need to be good at staying alive without shield. However I don't recommend using life giver in PvE.

In PvP a standard support build would be lightning, fireball, heal, shield or curse,fireball, heal, shield.

At end game there is enough points to have a hybrid PvE/PvP build, so it comes down how you want to play with or without curse.

mahony
06-11-2014, 03:31 PM
I was like you some days ago .. so i will help you

PVE : ( that i use )
Fire 4/5 no scorch
Time 4/5 no explode
Light 4/5 no stun
Shield 4/5 no displacement wave

Gale 2/5 just speed of wind (use it at shuyal gladiator elite for escaping the bombs and from vortex . Use it in km3 fast runs and farming lockeds)
Lifegiver 2/5 mana return ( in pvp )

Passive : STR 5/5 , DEX 5/5 , INT 5/5 , Critical 5/5

Hope it helps

Frekken
06-13-2014, 04:02 PM
full support mage... Interesting. I'd like to run with another msge with heal, shield, curse and clock. That's supporting your party

Azemen
06-15-2014, 11:48 PM
full support mage... Interesting. I'd like to run with another msge with heal, shield, curse and clock. That's supporting your party

Correction: Hindering your party. Curse and Lifegiver should not be used in PvE. The more crowd control, the better.

mikejee
06-16-2014, 09:58 AM
The most important IMO are fire, ice, clock, shield. Learn when to stun, when to drop clock, who to ice and your pt will love you. Being a mage I get frustrated at other mages sometimes who stun or drop clocks way to early. Let the tank gather all agro before the fire/clock combo. Since most of our skills are aoe based it benefits us and the tank to have the mobs packed in nice and tight. As you play mage more and more you'll learn and exactly what to do and when to do it. The thing we do best is crowd control and what that means is, keeping the mobs under control/keeping them rooted, stunned or moving at a snails pace.

PS... Don't use life giver in elites, it'll get you and your party killed rather quick. And the reason being: Just like a tanks horn of renew, life giver also taunts the mobs. So when you hit life giver those mobs are like oh hey, fresh meat!

Nesox
06-16-2014, 11:36 AM
As outlined above, support is not a build; support is a methodology. Do not spec Lifegiver at all (EVER!) for pve. Heal does not make much of a dent in pot use and the extra offensive skill you are giving up would be farrrr more beneficial to your party. I use Fire, Ice, Light, TS, Shield. Run full offense most of the time while swapping shield for bosses or tough sections. Learn to avoid damage and love pots rather then rely of Shield as then norm.

In pvp I used to run Heal as a fith skill swapping in for a quick buff between skirmishes. Now that we can't switch back on cooldown I find that I am often cought with only two skills while both Shield and Heal are cooling off. As such I use Heal only when absolutely needed and stick with three offensive skills. Using heal to buff your party can be helpful but unless you have a strong party to start with I find it hinders life expectancy as much as it helps.

radagan
06-17-2014, 06:27 AM
Ty all :D really helpfull comments

Kreasadriii
06-19-2014, 02:50 PM
Support Build:
- Heal 2/5 only take upgrade skills restore mana
- Fire 4/5 do not take scorch
- Time Shift 4/5 no explode
- Lightning 4/5 no stunt
- Shield 4/5 no displacement wave

Spend your passive to fill Str, Dex, Int and Critical / Damage.

PvE support:
- Heal
- Fire
- Lightning
- Timeshift

PvP support:
- Heal
- Shield
- Fireball
- Timeshift

Wish it help because you say asking about support build, thats all I know :)

Medicman
06-19-2014, 05:59 PM
Normally I wouldn't post my build, but it seems to be an all around good build that suits me.

I have all my stat points in INT.

Passives - 5/5 Knowledge, Might, Agility, and Critical

Shield - 4/5 no displacement wave
Fire - 5/5
Ice - 3/5 no patch or 20% chance
Lightning - 3/5 just the 15% and 250% upgrades
Time - 3/5 just the DOT and Root options
Heal - 2/5 just mama regen

For PvP I use shield, fire, ice, and heal
For elites I use shield, fire, ice, and time...then switch time for lightning at bosses
For pve I use fire, ice, time, and pending on the party heal or lightning. Always use lightning at the boss.

Hope it helps. I know some don't like heal in pve and I'm not trying to start an argument over it. Just stating what works for me. :)

manhands
06-20-2014, 11:28 PM

Good answer. I agree, it's pretty interesting to consider just as long as the crew your running with knows what you can do.

Blackwingz
06-21-2014, 10:36 AM
My standard recommendation for mage is ice,fire,time shift,shield and rest on passives. You can include lightning and switch time shift for lightning at boss. You can make runs easier for your party by learning how to do crowd control with ice,fire,time shift. If you want to include lifegiver into your build then I am not sure where that would go really, unless you want to replace shield with life giver. But you need to be good at staying alive without shield. However I don't recommend using life giver in PvE.

In PvP a standard support build would be lightning, fireball, heal, shield or curse,fireball, heal, shield.

At end game there is enough points to have a hybrid PvE/PvP build, so it comes down how you want to play with or without curse.

Thanks falmear! I created a new sorcerer toon, ill probably go with this build. :)

Jerico Mier
06-24-2014, 07:30 AM
please help me......what is the best pve build and passives and how many that i will load to every skills and passives

Kreasadriii
06-24-2014, 11:44 AM
please help me......what is the best pve build and passives and how many that i will load to every skills and passives

Read the comment post before :)
We're talking about it..

Frekken
06-24-2014, 06:43 PM
So a full support mage will go around throwing stunning balls at all mobs and droping clocks everywhere?
I get a support mage as someone who weaken the mobs, tank Em, heal and survive.

utpal
06-24-2014, 11:04 PM
So a full support mage will go around throwing stunning balls at all mobs and droping clocks everywhere?
I get a support mage as someone who weaken the mobs, tank Em, heal and survive.

wat ya mean by tank them? and then healing too? :0 and expecting to survive? LOL

IMO mage should stun em root em freeze em and kill em with their pew pew :P

Frekken
06-30-2014, 06:19 PM
He was asking for a supporting mage. That's the one for me. Full support. No attack,shield, just nerf mobs(curse) , gather Em(clock), heal your party and stay back pewpew-ing till heal when needed. Just my two cents

Picklee
07-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Curse, heal, fire, arcane shield. Best support build ever, passives go to damage, might and dex. Have fun ^.^

Nesox
07-01-2014, 02:51 PM
Curse, heal, fire, arcane shield. Best support build ever, passives go to damage, might and dex. Have fun ^.^

If you are talking pve then this is a poor build. Curse is not very effective in PvE and an offensive skill will kill mobs faster. I also recommend avoiding the use of shield unless absolutely necessary. Go with Fire, Ice, Light, TS with shield as 5th skill. Passives in damage are also wasted if you use any damage pets as the passive will be cancelled out. After str, int, and dex it is better to put passives in crit.

The best 'support' is still to be aggressive offensively.