PDA

View Full Version : @staff [SERVER-CORE]: Please reform LANGUAGE FILTER (mega thread topic)

skorpionx
06-11-2014, 12:12 PM
how is possible that people could be muted or also banned to say something that is totally innocent!

I can tell freely bad word in italian turkish or japanese but if you tell in english NO! this is racism.
try to write japan? what wrong in this name (this is only filtered) and like this thousand of example

PLease contribute to this post writing your experience of muted, just to bring in consideration how big is this problem.

I know a player named "rapedsomething", a friend of him got banned becuse he tied to wrote his name correctly too many time, absurd!

THis system have to be change!

gumball3000
06-11-2014, 12:41 PM
I got muted once for saying "paki" and i was referring to the people of pakistan, i dont know what other meanings it has.

Anarchial
06-11-2014, 12:46 PM
I dont know if anyone noticed..and I have been thinking of it reporting it as a bug. If u say any sentence with the word *** in it, the entire sentence gets hidden from others. No mute or ban just hidden. You will see your own message but no one else is.
For example, try to say "selling magmatic assault".. no one would be able to receive your sentence. This is absurd. Then why create weapons with words assault in it? I tried to merch a magmatic claymore of assault for days without any offers until I realized that ASSault was making it hidden. So I changed assault to asault and then people saw it.
For those doubters, yes i have thoroughly tested it with several people and friends.
STS kindly fix this unneccesaary hiding of words. Also another dangerous word is "bigger". See the other letter so dangerously close to "b"..if you type that by mistake its permanent ban for u.

ClumsyCactus
06-11-2014, 12:46 PM
I get muted bcuz my autocorrect corrects duck to fck... XD

Samhayne
06-11-2014, 12:56 PM
Sorry guys, the game is in English. If you say something that is a bad word in English, then we take issue with that. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

skorpionx
06-11-2014, 12:59 PM
the problem is If you say something that is NOT a bad word in English, and you will be get muted

Anarchial
06-11-2014, 01:00 PM
Sorry guys, the game is in English. If you say something that is a bad word in English, then we take issue with that. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

I still dont understand how does using the word assault gets my sentence hidden (not muted or banned.i see it in my chat but no on else sees it..no one else)from others? If it is supposed to be so, then why name any weapons with the word assault?

skorpionx
06-11-2014, 01:02 PM
What about word " Japan"? why you will get hidden ??

Anarchial
06-11-2014, 01:04 PM
What about word " Japan"? why you will get hidden ??

Really? Well these are the issues actually..sts should look into it

jk9810
06-11-2014, 01:26 PM
You can turn it off in the settings.

Tendirin
06-11-2014, 02:02 PM
yeah

eugene9707
06-11-2014, 04:04 PM

ummm so pedobear is a bad word ? (i got muted twice for saying it)
This thing: 91745

but "pedo", "pedophilia" and "pedophile" isnt ? pretty weird to me

Ps i found this out cuz there's this guy i met in game called "Phedobear"

Anarchial
06-11-2014, 04:07 PM
You can turn it off in the settings.

I have it turned off..and even if it is turned on the censored word comes as * . However in case of the usage of the word assault the entire sentence becomes invisible to.everyone else except me.

eugene9707
06-11-2014, 04:11 PM
I got muted once for saying "paki" and i was referring to the people of pakistan, i dont know what other meanings it has.

"Paki acquired offensive connotations in the 1960s when used by British tabloids to refer to subjects of former colony states in a derogatory and racist manner. In modern British usage "Paki" is typically a derogatory label used for all South Asians, including Indians, Afghans and Bangladeshis. To a lesser extent, it has also been applied to Arabs and others perceived to resemble South Asians. During the 60's many emigrants were also dubbed as "black" to further segregate them from the white community. Some would say such a division still exists in parts of England.

In recent times there has been a trend by second and third-generation British Pakistanis to reclaim the word, so that it can be used between young British Pakistanis, but not by outsiders, even Indians and Bangladeshis."

so ya.... i dont get it but there it is ...

skorpionx
06-12-2014, 01:05 PM
Even if you turn it off, other people will get censure "japan" world, so you will not get answer for what you has told them

MegaToon
06-12-2014, 06:53 PM
I'm a Filipino (Philippines), the word "Paki" is a very common word that Filipinos use. It means "Please", we use it often to show respect when asking for favor. Example is "Paki check" or "Please Check". The first time I played this game I almost got banned for always using that word (because I was talking in my native language) and I have no clue it was "paki" that got me in trouble.. I guess a lot of Filipinos got banned without any knowledge why.

Serancha
06-12-2014, 10:20 PM
There's a lot of words that are not curses or indecent that get you muted. And yes, English words. There's also words that mean more than one thing.

In one example we have 2 words that can mean the same inappropriate thing, but one of them also has a totally legit definition depending on how it is used. Interestingly enough, it is the one that can mean someting innocent that gets you muted, whereas the word that "only" means something dirty is totally allowed.

The chat monitor has never made sense. You learn to live with it.

skorpionx
06-13-2014, 03:45 PM
I'm a Filipino (Philippines), the word "Paki" is a very common word that Filipinos use. It means "Please", we use it often to show respect when asking for favor. Example is "Paki check" or "Please Check". The first time I played this game I almost got banned for always using that word (because I was talking in my native language) and I have no clue it was "paki" that got me in trouble.. I guess a lot of Filipinos got banned without any knowledge why.

that's horrible....

why SS don't want to admit that something is wrong in their check language system?????

Peer
06-13-2014, 11:13 PM
I got muted for saying the word "paki" and I meant to say "please" in our dialect. THIS IS EVERYTIME I FORGOT THAT ITS BAD IN ENLISH DIALECT!

Haligali
06-16-2014, 04:49 AM

What is bad? We have a significant Romany minority, so the word Gypsy got a racist meaning, which often appears in your game.

Foebegone
06-16-2014, 06:27 AM
Lol none of you have ever tried to code a chat filter ;P if you had you would not be talking :) they are horrible to write and will never ever ever work as intended. ever... ever. ;)

With multiple languages, regional differences, slang, historic/new terms. It is impossible to create the perfect system so what they do is whats known as 'Best efforts'

the thing with Assault not showing is odd and I would presume an actual bug.

Goodhabbit
06-16-2014, 06:36 AM

I'm a filipino and i got banned for 24 hrs. Because of saying dozen of "paki" which means "please" that most of us use -.-'

Riptank
06-17-2014, 02:15 PM
how is possible that people could be muted or also banned to say something that is totally innocent!

I can tell freely bad word in italian turkish or japanese but if you tell in english NO! this is racism.
try to write japan? what wrong in this name (this is only filtered) and like this thousand of example

PLease contribute to this post writing your experience of muted, just to bring in consideration how big is this problem.

I know a player named "rapedsomething", a friend of him got banned becuse he tied to wrote his name correctly too many time, absurd!

THis system have to be change!

I was muted when I said the word "Puto", my friend asked me what am I eating, I said "I'm eating puto at dinuguan"

Puto = Philipine cuisine, steamed rice cake.

greandeath
06-18-2014, 09:42 AM
I think they should put an option in the settings on whether you want to filter the chat or not. Most MMORPG's that I have played, they have a chat filter option. My friend got banned for trying to spell bigger and accidently used an "n" instead of an "b". I think the game is slowly going down hill now.

Foebegone
06-18-2014, 02:07 PM
I think they should put an option in the settings on whether you want to filter the chat or not. Most MMORPG's that I have played, they have a chat filter option. My friend got banned for trying to spell bigger and accidently used an "n" instead of an "b". I think the game is slowly going down hill now.
I think your friend is possibly not telling the whole story.

Sent from my device using an app.

skorpionx
06-18-2014, 04:06 PM

On qwerty keyboard N and B are very close.. So the story is very likely

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

greandeath
06-18-2014, 04:15 PM

how? If you look at any keyboard the "b" is right next to the "n"!!!!!

Foebegone
06-18-2014, 06:10 PM
Lol apologies, yup that's screwed up. Insta ban for a chat violation. That's a terrible implementation. Especially considering some of the truly appalling stuff u hear in PvP and kragg guild doorway.

Serancha
06-19-2014, 05:23 AM

All they need to do is contact sts support. If the mistake is legitimate, the ban will be retracted.

skorpionx
06-19-2014, 12:08 PM
I was muted many and many time for innocent word nothing related with bad word and of course English world

My topic here is to collect these words to avoid unmotivated ban!

So your stories are welcome

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

eugene9707
06-22-2014, 03:25 PM

i think some words you can just stick with filter instead of mute ....
"jap", you consider it as an offensive term so it gets filtered , i understand that
but for "paki", you say its also an offensive word, that i understand, but i dont get why it deserves a mute? it not that serious of an offensive word, i think just filter it like "jap" is enough

Ishtmeet
06-23-2014, 06:30 AM

Why do you make weapons having *** in the name? Everytime you reply, Its just "Thanks in advance foe understanding". I dont know but seriously you're ignoring customers a lot these days.

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

alexdroog
06-23-2014, 06:54 AM
You can get rid of the *** by disabling "filter chat" in the options.
Test it with title. It works.