PDA

View Full Version : PVP/CTF idea

Cavoc
06-11-2014, 06:07 PM
The idea:
To have the bear's skill- taunt, have the capability of making your opponent target you (or the bear that uses the skill) automatically. In other words.. pull the aggro as it does in pve.

For instance: Say it's a 3v3 free for all. You are a bear, and you have an int mage/dex bird on your team.
Everyone knows to target the easiest person to kill first, but when you use taunt (and they are in range), your enemy's targets will switch to you.
They can switch back immediately, but it would still give the bird/mage a chance to actually live and do some damage and not be the first to be targeted and die within the first 3 seconds of the two teams colliding. It can still be dodged, so the likeliness of it affecting all three enemies is very small.

It could-
A. Possibly diminish dex bears, unless they just decide to not use taunt. but they need the dodge
B. Give birds / int mages more of a chance of survival
C. Possibly make bears have more str, with the knowledge that they will be targeted, but enough dex to still do damage and have hit.

I'm not really sure if it'd work in deathmatch, because it would interrupt others fighting with the go system "puke". But hey, maybe it'll make more ffa games ;)

Vvriter
06-11-2014, 07:40 PM
No. Just No.

XghostzX
06-11-2014, 08:29 PM
I would agree with you if bears weren't already OP ...

So no lol, but good idea. It would emphasize teamplay.

And think of the opposing team tron. You said it would give mages/birds an easier chance to survive - sure, that's with a bear, but think of in terms of being against one...

CruelBlast
06-11-2014, 08:56 PM
Lol, this is PvP bud.

Cavoc
06-11-2014, 09:11 PM
I would agree with you if bears weren't already OP ...

So no lol, but good idea. It would emphasize teamplay.

And think of the opposing team tron. You said it would give mages/birds an easier chance to survive - sure, that's with a bear, but think of in terms of being against one...

I was thinking it would reduce the opness of bears. Since they will be targeted mostly. I dunno. it was just a thought that popped up with all this nerf talk haha. Not that it would ever be implemented. I just feel it would give squishier classes a chance to live and do their role more since they are always the first to be targeted.

programmed
06-11-2014, 10:22 PM
It would certainty create more teamwork, that's for sure.
@ghost: it may reduce the op'ness of the bears like he said because the bears would then be tanking like they were meant to and taking all the damage.

I'd also like to add that most people "go" fight. And this would possibly anger people who participate in "go" fights because anyone within taunts range who wasn't in the fight would start attacking and basically ruin the purpose of a 1 on 1 fight. Some maps, like tiny tombs for example, are smaller and would make it harder to stay out of taunts range.

TastyChickens
06-12-2014, 02:41 AM
Oh i never knew it works in pvp :O

XghostzX
06-12-2014, 06:47 AM
I still disagree.

When I play CTF, I can't kill the bears... I always go for the squishiest class. I still think that this idea would be better if bears were balanced (and thanks a lot STS for getting to that ._.). I don't so it reducing any OPness, but rather players using it to their advantage. Keep in mind, bears wouldn't have to use taunt...

Trenton
06-12-2014, 12:14 PM
I like the idea, but do you realize how many douchebag bears would be running around destroying 1v1s

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Reunegade
06-12-2014, 01:05 PM
Is the word douche German? Because I heard it could be pronounced dow-chay

Armourslash
06-13-2014, 11:45 AM
If the CTF map was more like the forest fight one that would be better because people hide a lot in CTF even tank bears do this.