PDA

View Full Version : We need a "guild wars" CTF room

Energizeric
06-11-2014, 07:05 PM
With all the complaining going on about the various guild rivalries, I think the solution is this:

1) Add a duplicate CTF room called the "Guild Wars CTF" room.

2) In the regular CTF room, you will no longer be able to see player titles, so that eliminates guild titles and thus, no guild rivalries, just normal CTF.

3) In the Guild Wars CTF room, you can only join a team with people from your own guild. If you attempt to join a game where both teams have players from two other guilds, you cannot join. If you just join a random game, you will be placed in the first available game with your guild members on one team, and if none exist, then you will be placed in a new game. No more will you need to search through your guild list looking to join a PvP game. You can just join this type of room and you will be placed in the first available open slot for your guild.

4) If you are placed in a new game, then your guild can be randomly matched up against another guild. Or a player from another guild can join your game and then join the other team to set up a match between the two guilds.

5) There will be a new Guild CTF leaderboard which keeps track of "Guild CTF Points". Your guild will receive points each time they win a CTF match. How many points you receive is based on the ranking of the guild you defeat, similar to how trophies are awarded in Battle Command or Battle Dragons. If you are the #1 guild on the points leaderboard and you defeat a guild that is not even ranked in the Top 50, then you would get very few points, if any. But defeat the #2 guild and you get a decent number of points. This system eliminates the possibility of guilds setting up a second guild just to farm them to get on the leaderboard.

6) Both end game and twink guilds will be able to compete for this CTF leaderboard, and all players in the top guild at the end of each season will receive banners.

7) Guild CTF Points will be added to the formula that determines ranking on the "Top Guilds" leaderboard.

8) Unlike regular CTF rooms, the game will not start until each team has a full 5 players. If a player leaves in the middle, then any player from your guild can join to take his/her place.

9) If one team completely leaves the game, then that guild will forfeit the game and the other guild will win.

10) Stats accumulated during guild wars, such as goals and kills, WILL be added to your normal PvP stats.

11) We could have guild tournaments using these types of rooms.

Please make any suggestions or changes to this idea and I will incorporate them into this post. This seems like something that won't be difficult for STS to do since they already have the regular CTF room. Making a duplicate should not be so difficult, and will go a long way towards cleaning up this mess that PvP has become.

Milan Lame Man
06-11-2014, 07:34 PM
I don't PvP, because there's no point going in without full arcane & pets, unless I want to farm deaths.
Anyway, your "fix" seems to be fairly complicated. Let me suggest a very simple solution.

1. When people make a party and go to PvP, the room is reserved for them.
2. If they don't disband, the room stays locked for them, so you can 1v1, 2v2, or, if the mood strikes, 2v1 or 3v1.
3. If they disband the party, the room stays locked against random joins. Your friends or guildmates can join you via "Join" button.

- Yes in theory someone can challenge you 1v1, then disband and invite more. If that ever happens, it is my hope they would be banned from their guild, otherwise... just never play with them again.
- Yes it makes kill farming easy, same with killing Trulle. But it might bring back the PvP, and for poor players too.

Energizeric
06-11-2014, 07:50 PM
Yes, there is the issue of kill farming. I forgot about that. We need to think of a way that players cannot use this for kill farming. In fact, I could see a few twink guilds form another twink guild just to farm them and make the guild leaderboards. Perhaps the solution here is some sort of rating instead of just wins and kills totals. Maybe a single leaderboard where you get "trophies" kind of like in Battle Command or Battle Dragons. And how many trophies your gets for a win is determined by the ranking of the guild that you defeat. That would eliminate farming.

I will fix my original post to reflect this.

Sakurahb
06-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Agree with that new room.

Ennex
06-11-2014, 09:26 PM
Thumbs upp.. agree too
NO MORE BLOCKERS.... HELL YEAHHH!!

Xeusx
06-11-2014, 11:37 PM
Solution to avoid trashtalk:
Only use Team chat. /all chat cannot be used for avoid the trashtalk. This team chat can be used for strategy in CTF room.

Any thoughts?

Ennex
06-12-2014, 01:42 AM
Solution to avoid trashtalk:
Only use Team chat. /all chat cannot be used for avoid the trashtalk. This team chat can be used for strategy in CTF room.

Any thoughts?

We can just speak thru /guild chat as it is war between 2 guilds...
Right? ;)

Instanthumor
06-12-2014, 03:19 AM
No. 1v1 room first.

Haligali
06-12-2014, 03:55 AM
I agree, i will be all time in the regular CTF room.

famousfame
06-14-2014, 08:06 AM
Overly complicated

sent from next door