PDA

View Full Version : Fricken LEACHERS!!!

Unruly
01-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Omg, I hate leachers!! They absolutely ruin my game experience !! I'm just trying to express my hatred for them! No offense to anyone! Here's some story why I hate Leachers!

As usual, I am running through AO3 for totems. And I'm with a random group. We come to King Mynas, and as usual, I get the aggro. I use tons of Health Potions just to survive.. And i see the sidebar with my group members.. And they don't even use their MANA!! So, im forced to use A LOT of my Potions.. and eventually i have to buy more..

And want to know the worst part? One of the Leachers .. who was a bear.. (<-- wasnt even tanking.. ) Received a Sunblessed scimitar of the rift.. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

I mean come on, I did most of the work, and i get a low item purple? That i don't even need? I know, that the scimitar is only around 100k.. But its better than nothing!! Seriously!

If you have any experiences, that you want to leave.. Please go ahead and share them!

Conradin
01-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Ur stingy. Stop moanin and get a farmin group.

Unruly
01-01-2011, 07:46 PM
How am i stingy? And i do have a group now. I just want people to play their roles.

Unruly
01-01-2011, 07:46 PM
I see people who are level 50.. with 1k kills..

Phoenixking
01-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Lol its up to them
Some have freins that help them leach i have freinds that help me lvl i dont completely leach i just try not to get aggro they help me lvl up fast but i help them

Cabero
01-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Off topic: I love you Sig! Most original I've seen so far. lol

Unruly
01-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I know but i just hate it when I'm doing most of the work with a group of 50's.

Unruly
01-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Haha, Thanks Cabero.

Unruly
01-01-2011, 07:53 PM
I just want to make my SIG a little bit more professional. I dont know how to do it like yours though.

regie831
01-01-2011, 08:28 PM
doing more work than anyone else on the team won't get you a good drop, if you knew someone on your team were slacking off and not doing any **** I'd probably just leave or if it was my game, boot them. So that "bear" were pretty much just god damn lucky.

Pharcyde
01-01-2011, 09:29 PM
My story has to do with lower lvls who don't realize they just leached.

Okay so I was at Vyxnaar farming. I had killed god knows how many Vyxnaars that week, a lvl 22 joins and I was nice and let him tag along. FIRST VYXNAAR HE GETS A FREAKIN CONQ VYXNAAR HELMET!!! I am all for not taking advantage of new players BUT HE DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR THAT HELM! So I tried buying it off of him for a still fairly high 100k. He freakin leaves. I just turned pocket legends off nd didn't play it again for two days. Gotta love karma for being nice...

baikalwin
01-02-2011, 12:43 AM
My story......I was doing keeper runs with some fellow lv50s and this Lvl3 joins he comes when we are at lorekeeper and guess what he gets a fricken sunnblessed bow then,I boot him and he comes back when we are at keeper.he receives a goddamn laser talon.I don't even wanna tell you about king mynas:(!!! Omg I was very annoyed.

matta1985
01-02-2011, 01:42 AM
bah, that sucks baikalwin! So annoying seeing people that hang back and do nothing get the good drops... If anyone want's to form a farming team i'm a lvl 50 pally and do my fair share of helping out!

Wildder
01-02-2011, 01:49 AM
Its not a big deal. Good that they got those drops, they are lucky, and even though they didn't earn them, it is still about the luck of drops. We will all get our share of drops, so no need to get mad. We were all that level once, and trust I don't think any of us are any different or less perfect, or even more perfect then the other. :)

Wildder

KingFu
01-02-2011, 02:23 AM
My story......I was doing keeper runs with some fellow lv50s and this Lvl3 joins he comes when we are at lorekeeper and guess what he gets a fricken sunnblessed bow then,I boot him and he comes back when we are at keeper.he receives a goddamn laser talon.I don't even wanna tell you about king mynas:(!!! Omg I was very annoyed.

Too bad king mynas drops laser talon, not keeper :rolleyes:

regie831
01-02-2011, 02:46 AM

why didn't you boot him the moment he joined?

KingFu
01-02-2011, 02:53 AM
why didn't you boot him the moment he joined?

Maybe it wasn't his game?

matta1985
01-02-2011, 03:39 AM
Its not a big deal. Good that they got those drops, they are lucky, and even though they didn't earn them, it is still about the luck of drops. We will all get our share of drops, so no need to get mad. We were all that level once, and trust I don't think any of us are any different or less perfect, or even more perfect then the other. :)

Wildder

I'm not mad about them getting the drops, it's just annoying when a lvl 50 bear in hanging out the back while birds and mages are on the front line doing most the work... The point of being a bear is to tank and try take aggro, not sit back and be a spectator lol... But never mind nearly got my pally fully kitted out (just need power armor and ol helm) so i can take a good pounding and still survive :)

Fyrce
01-02-2011, 04:04 AM
I think (high level) pseudo-bears have figured out a new role: They think their high hps and armor is so they can sit in back and survive while the high damage members of the party go at it. I'm not sure what they think their role is if the party dies; maybe hold the mob while the party walks back?

This is part of the team-training thing: Tell the bear to go in or else! You can leave out the "or else!" part unless the bear is being extra stubborn. The couple times I saw this, the bear went in when the mages told him to. It took a bit more training than just this (tell bear to gather, scream etc.) but it worked out. Bear was probably still groggy from hibernation.

dark_majesty_06
01-02-2011, 04:10 AM
I'm sorry but its a mmorpg.. a tank crushes and takes agro long range does just that and mages heal/SPELL cast.. I mean I know its no ff game or wow.. but come on that's why there's diff. Classes... I hate raising a beating while a mages just sits in back and watches me die...bah... I don't even care about drops.. if ur not pulling ur weight.. ill tell ya or grab a nice mob and lure them right to ya.. all I gotta say is learn how to play a mmorpg before ya come play.. lol sorry im done venting.

Physiologic
01-02-2011, 04:29 AM
Why is this lv 25 unique helm worth so much in terms of utility?

KingFu
01-02-2011, 05:19 AM
Why is this lv 25 unique helm worth so much in terms of utility?

Very rare, and very good for it's level.

Guolin
01-02-2011, 10:42 AM
I'm pretty sure loot is rolled seperately for each player, i.e. you have the same chance to get a certain pink regardless of group size (as witnessed by the Skeller Krunch campaign). In fact, having an extra person on the team gives you +XP too. Sure, it's unfair if someone barges in and gets loot for doing nothing, but it doesn't harm you in any way.

Ayrilana
01-02-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm pretty sure loot is rolled seperately for each player, i.e. you have the same chance to get a certain pink regardless of group size (as witnessed by the Skeller Krunch campaign). In fact, having an extra person on the team gives you +XP too. Sure, it's unfair if someone barges in and gets loot for doing nothing, but it doesn't harm you in any way.

They are rolled separately.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?15472-Is-EXP-shared-or-split&p=153483&viewfull=1#post153483

lordme
01-02-2011, 02:27 PM
I never let any low lv follow me in to forbidden crypt. I will let them follow me and half way i will exit. Dont think of being nice, some of these low lv arent new players at all. they just act like one to let you take pity and leeched.

This game looting sux! Even if you do nothing you still got a chance for good items.

Guolin
01-02-2011, 02:44 PM
Actually, this game's loot system is imo nearly perfect. In most MMO's, loot is split, so leechers are even more annoying (they decrease YOUR chance to get loot!). However, in Pocket Legends, loot is rolled seperately for each player, so leechers are more or less just a nuisance that doesn't affect other players. Sure, the loot system could be even more perfect if there was a system so that you have to have attacked the enemy to get loot.

GongKilluminati
01-02-2011, 02:45 PM
I don't like leechers either :(
but i leeched abit at ao2 when i was lvl 39 but i tried hard to help my team to debuff monsters rather than trying to do dam
but nowadays i see lvl 20-30s coming to ao2...
yestarday i saw a lvl 14 in ao2 with 2 kills and 14 deaths...

Ayrilana
01-02-2011, 03:54 PM
There are low levels in AO3 as well. I duo'd Plothozz with a bear and then just left the lv 18 and lv 25 to kill the remaining two mobs. Figured I'd save those doing Crush the Keeper runs from having a ton of low levels joining. Can't help it if some of those already have a high level character but they should know better. Luckily the drop didn't go to them this time.

Pharcyde
01-02-2011, 03:59 PM
This is how every game in Ao3 I have joined today has looked.. Oh god the sadness...

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab276/brandonb3/b42d911f.jpg

Guolin
01-02-2011, 04:05 PM
@Pharcyde: Lol, that looks just like most of my parties when I was trying to grind to level 50. I've seen a level 9 before, in fact. Also, nice pots, lol. I've been holding onto 25 pots for each for a while now by being conservative - of course, I also die a lot more.

Ayrilana
01-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Looks like the lv20 is enjoying themselves way in the back lol

Pharcyde
01-02-2011, 04:07 PM
@Pharcyde: Lol, that looks just like most of my parties when I was trying to grind to level 50. I've seen a level 9 before, in fact. Also, nice pots, lol. I've been holding onto 25 pots for each for a while now by being conservative - of course, I also die a lot more.

Ugh thats how everything I join turns out. I had a level 1 join my game and ask me to give him all my loots, uhhh boot much?
I hosted my first ao3 game in god knows how long... all that I got was low level after low level.. Every damn time I booted one, another joined right after!!!

It was 10k pots a week ago... :P I'm runnin low I need to buy more...

Lesrider
01-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Umm you guys ever hear of hosting your own LOCKED games?

If there aren't enough people online these days for that, well, that's bc there's nothing to do anymore but hoard cash. Booooring.

Pharcyde
01-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Umm you guys ever hear of hosting your own LOCKED games?

If there aren't enough people online these days for that, well, that's bc there's nothing to do anymore but hoard cash. Booooring.

lol if I host a locked game then I aint doin ao3. I solo too much to get people to join, I think everyones gotten the boot by me with reason "sorry soloing"

Lesrider
01-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Ok you lost me there. Not sure why you would choose to solo ao3. I guess you like wasting tons of pots and taking 2-4x longer to farm?

Edit: oops, misread that. Nevermind.

Pharcyde
01-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Ok you lost me there. Not sure why you would choose to solo ao3. I guess you like wasting tons of pots and taking 2-4x longer to farm?

Edit: oops, misread that. Nevermind.

Heheh don't solo ao3 :) I solo other maps all the time tho, so ppl just have learned to never join my games.

Unruly
01-02-2011, 05:02 PM
I would love to join you in an A03 run.

Lesrider
01-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Btw, Pharcyde. If you INVITE people, they won't expect to be booted, so they might actually join you.

Unruly
01-02-2011, 05:09 PM
I am extremely happy atm.. I just received a decent loot today! Sunblessed scimitar from King Mynas.. I did most of the work again.. and finally received my share!

lordme
01-03-2011, 06:59 AM
Well there are pple who solo crush the keeper for kill counts:)

Once when my friends and i were doing shadow quest, a 21 pop in. We didnt boot him and tried reasoning with him. We told him this is not the right place to be, and we heard the best reason why hes here 'my friends run me here'

Hahaha i was like saying your friends run you here and that doesnt mean we will run you here, we are under manpower. We cant even fend for ourselves, what can we do to help a 21 who isnt a friend of us? But good thing after a while he left on his own saying he doesnt want to ruin our game and my friend thanked him.

Doesnt pple know where to lv? I would run my friends in plasma pyramid until they are 46, thats a good place, with good gold and easy to kill mobs for a 50

Ayrilana
01-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Well there are pple who solo crush the keeper for kill counts:)

Once when my friends and i were doing shadow quest, a 21 pop in. We didnt boot him and tried reasoning with him. We told him this is not the right place to be, and we heard the best reason why hes here 'my friends run me here'

Hahaha i was like saying your friends run you here and that doesnt mean we will run you here, we are under manpower. We cant even fend for ourselves, what can we do to help a 21 who isnt a friend of us? But good thing after a while he left on his own saying he doesnt want to ruin our game and my friend thanked him.

Doesnt pple know where to lv? I would run my friends in plasma pyramid until they are 46, thats a good place, with good gold and easy to kill mobs for a 50

No idea. I want to assume they just don't know but then I would think them not being able to hit anything would be a big clue. Sadly I've probably given a couple dozen of them access to Crush the Keeper over the weekend from killing Plothozz. I just hope the devs allow us to enforce level restrictions on hosted games in a future update.

Fyrce
01-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Good thing that level has more than one boss.

Ayrilana
01-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Looks like the host will be able to have option to enforce level restricted games

We'll add a checkbox in 1.7 that can restrict the hosted game to at least the minumum level required by the campaign.

-ALS

Axavier
01-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Unruly- I sent you a friend request in game... I will farm with you any day!! Axavier lvl50 mage 21k kills under 900 deaths and don't mind helping out :)

Firepants
01-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Can't wait for level restrictions. Sometimes it is just way annoying, especially if they beg you not to boot them..... Ugh!!

Lesrider
01-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Lol I know, don't you love when someone enters and says "Don't boot." kinda messes with you -- not sure whether to take it as a sign that they suck or whether to feel bad booting them.

Firepants
01-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Lmao! That's the moment I'm like "boot, someone please."

Unruly
01-03-2011, 03:58 PM
My in-game name is rruly. I finally have full cyber. I'm just messin around in game now lol. Lol this 28 said he'll pay if I don't boot.. I did anyways

Imxorginal
01-03-2011, 08:40 PM
What I think pl should do when there not so busy is to fix it so the person who does the most work I.e pots, uses most pots during boss battle, or does the most damange gets the better drop or gets a better chance at drops. I know how you feel I've been leeched from a mega,power,and ol rift helm from a Lvl 35(don't worry I told him kite shield was best shield in the game and traded it for it)xD. So I'm not sure how hard that patch would be but they should take it under consideration. Doesn't bother me that much cause I farm with friends but could save people some frustration that they don't need!

Ayrilana
01-03-2011, 09:11 PM
That's not fair to the other people and I doubt there will be an accurate way to judge performance.

Gaabob
01-03-2011, 09:30 PM
I mailed devs a suggestion on how to control drop rates to NOT favor inactives. In my suggestion drop rates were not increased, but would be decreased(range,rate,etc) if a player was inactive or not participating much.

As with many of my ideas, I doubt it would be implemented- but one can hope..

bladesword
01-04-2011, 01:13 AM
Sry dude. Your ao3 gen? ao3 gens are leechers at the beginning.

KingFu
01-04-2011, 01:16 AM
Sry dude. Your ao3 gen? ao3 gens are leechers at the beginning.

How so? Thats not true at all but feel free to try and prove me wrong.

Remember, even a lvl 10 in ao3 isn't necessary a leach. A leach is someone that doesn't pull their own weight, if the lvl 10 is atleast trying, and attacking, they're not a leach, they're just pulling as much weight as they can....

Unruly
01-04-2011, 01:19 AM
Yep, There was this person that was playing with my group once.. We were fighting Keeper.. He was thinking that he was luring Keeper.. and so he just stood there.. on the bridge and keeper was on the other side.. Keeper did not give a Beep about him and just killed me and another team mate.. I am not going to mention the person's class.. However, I have barely any problems with leachers now since i have full cyber.. and im just soloing or finishing my lower quests.