PDA

View Full Version : PvP Suggestion-"Sharpshooter"

Endkey
06-12-2014, 04:24 AM
Hey Guys

Had this idea for a while now. I am not sure if this idea has been talked about before. I did not bother checking all the pages just to check. Having a PvP type called the Sharpshooter.
This idea came into my mind after playing COD BO2. Things which should be in this PvP type are:

1) Everyone uses the same type of weapons, armours, helmets etc, given to us by the system at random.

2) All the above mentioned weapons etc get switched every 2 minutes or so (still dont know what would be good).

3) In order to make fun, you get three random pets from your pets, in the start of the game and they too, will be switched at the same time as the weapons and armours.

4) The goal for the team will be to get 150 kills by the whole team.

5) Making a Leaderboard for the team wins, instead of kills. If you leave the game at any point of the match, you wont get the "win".

6) Adding a price to unlock the new "Sharpshooter" PvP mode. Also adding a new map which is suited for this type of PvP.

I know that many of you will talk about "kill farmers" making dummies and abusing this, but we also know that STS has done nothing about kill farming in both CTF and TDM, so it does not matter here either. I also know that there can be many flaws in this idea. Please suggest them kindly and please do not flame this thread.

Nevhok
06-12-2014, 05:01 AM
Thats a nice idea, but idk if people will like it. The pro players spend a lot to got best items, so make them not to use in pvp may not be a good way?

Endkey
06-12-2014, 05:28 AM
Thats a nice idea, but idk if people will like it. The pro players spend a lot to got best items, so make them not to use in pvp may not be a good way?

it is just for the sharpshooter LB...wont it be nice just to have a lb in which poor people can also take part in?

Hail
06-12-2014, 05:37 AM
+1 might create a bit of fairness in the pvp system

Hail
06-12-2014, 05:38 AM
Also will test who the truely skilled players are who dont rely on gears pets and why not to win a game / win the kill

Endkey
06-12-2014, 05:40 AM
Also will test who the truely skilled players are who dont rely on gears pets and why not to win a game / win the kill

this

Jack O Reaper
06-12-2014, 05:47 AM
Nice +1

Nevhok
06-12-2014, 11:37 AM
it is just for the sharpshooter LB...wont it be nice just to have a lb in which poor people can also take part in?

Thats true, yes nice it could works great. +1

Xenobiotic
06-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Hey Guys

Had this idea for a while now. I am not sure if this idea has been talked about before. I did not bother checking all the pages just to check. Having a PvP type called the Sharpshooter.
This idea came into my mind after playing COD BO2. It contains these things:

1) Everyone uses the same type of weapons, armours, helmets etc, given to us by the system at random.
2) All the above mentioned weapons etc get switched every 2 minutes or so (still dont know what would be good).
3) In order to make fun, you get three random pets in the start of the game and they too, will be switched at the same time as the weapons and armours.
4) The goal for the team will be to get 150 kills by the whole team.
5) Making a Leaderboard for the team wins, instead of kills. If you leave the game at any point of the match, you wont get the "win".

I know that many of you will talk about "kill farmers" making dummies and abusing this, but we also know that STS has done nothing about kill farming in both CTF and TDM, so it does not matter here either. I also know that there can be many flaws in this idea. Please suggest them kindly and please do not flame this thread.

Looking forward to this being implemented.

Haligali
06-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Just do something with pvp, same 2 map with same people always, kinda boring :(

Bless
06-12-2014, 04:23 PM
Pvp with generic gear (automatically equipped when entering the room) for everyone would create competition on a fair level, but will it promote diversity?

I personally would love an idea like this tho.

deadcobain
06-12-2014, 04:29 PM
Pvp with generic gear (automatically equipped when entering the room) for everyone would create competition on a fair level, but will it promote diversity?

I would try pvp again in al if this feature was added - otherwise too intimidated to, to be completely honest (feeling that I'm not rich or skilled or connected enough, plus the nastiness from certain people).

ain't got no how whatchamacallit (kurt cobain)

Zeus
06-12-2014, 07:35 PM
I like this idea!

Sariita
06-12-2014, 07:39 PM
Skill>Gear will return to PvP!
Nice idea.

Otahaanak
06-13-2014, 01:28 AM
Great idea. This would level the playing field so those without the best gear can at least have a shot to enjoy PVP.

Nice to see this idea supported.

Giuewek
06-13-2014, 02:14 AM
+1 !

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Endkey
06-13-2014, 03:08 AM

Agreed. New maps should be out by now (added to thread)

We got CtF and TDM for diversity..and with random pets..it will be more fun and more tactical :)

Socrates
06-13-2014, 03:16 AM
I love this idea too bad I won't see it being inmplented

Instanthumor
06-13-2014, 03:25 AM
Skill>Gear will return to PvP!
Nice idea.

Lol@crit. Lol@stun.

Unless you're with me, then it's not boring.. Right?

Haligali
06-13-2014, 04:01 AM
Unless you're with me, then it's not boring.. Right?

This idea seems good, but if they decide to accomplish, do not expect to implement soon.

I think a new ctf map with the current existing rules should be faster and less complicated.

Endkey
06-13-2014, 04:53 AM
This idea seems good, but if they decide to accomplish, do not expect to implement soon.

I think a new ctf map with the current existing rules should be faster and less complicated.

people will get easily bored with the new maps too...they need a new type of game...and if there is a new type of map with it..thats an additional bonus imo

Haligali
06-13-2014, 05:26 AM
people will get easily bored with the new maps too...they need a new type of game...and if there is a new type of map with it..thats an additional bonus imo

Yes, but look how slow is the development about something not plat related: example (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?122583-Ban-the-Midas-Touch) example (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?157724-2014-06-03-Content-Update-%28149318%29&highlight=midas+touch)
We will wait for this new map a year..

Make entries for plat or tradeable entry kits for gold is a good idea?

Endkey
06-13-2014, 05:38 AM
Yes, but look how slow is the development about something not plat related: example (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?122583-Ban-the-Midas-Touch) example (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?157724-2014-06-03-Content-Update-%28149318%29&highlight=midas+touch)
We will wait for this new map a year..

Make entries for plat or tradeable entry kits for gold is a good idea?

I think adding a starting entry to this idea would go good to the StS too..forexample...50 plats for coming unlocking this PvP room forever sounds like a good price....100 plats can be achieved easily buying a little bit plat. Then people who cannot open crates and buy stuff will atleast buy some plats just to get a place where they can pvp without having different gear :)

Haligali
06-13-2014, 05:41 AM
I think adding a starting entry to this idea would go good to the StS too..forexample...50 plats for coming unlocking this PvP room forever sounds like a good price....100 plats can be achieved easily buying a little bit plat. Then people who cannot open crates and buy stuff will atleast buy some plats just to get a place where they can pvp without having different gear :)

Or purchase tradeable entry kits for 50 plat, so non plat users can unlock this map for idk about price but around ~100k gold? Im sure it will speed-up the development.

Endkey
06-13-2014, 05:44 AM
Or purchase tradeable entry kits for 50 plat, so non plat users can unlock this map for idk about price but around ~100k gold? Im sure it will speed-up the development.

yea..that sounds nice too..imo this idea is very nice...I would like to hear from STG of what they think abt it

Haligali
06-13-2014, 06:10 AM
yea..that sounds nice too..imo this idea is very nice...I would like to hear from STG of what they think abt it

Put this idea in your opening post. Also, it will reduce the dummy farming a bit on this map, since need to pay 100k gold or 50 plat for the dummy too.

There is a tons of people, who willing to pay for a new pvp map, im sure.

Haligali
06-13-2014, 06:28 AM
6) Adding a price to unlock the new "Sharpshooter" PvP mode and maybe some sorts of energy kits to enter the matches. Also adding a new map which is suited for this type of PvP.

Wait, i disagree with energy systems :D It means that we need continuously pay for this kind of pvp, just a one time entry should be fine imo.

Endkey
06-16-2014, 01:15 AM
Wait, i disagree with energy systems :D It means that we need continuously pay for this kind of pvp, just a one time entry should be fine imo.

ahh ic..havnt been online for days lol..let me make the change :)

Gensin
06-18-2014, 08:17 AM
Yes! +1 this blooms the skills of a certain player.

gaararhen
06-19-2014, 03:03 AM
Im gonna play again if this happens! +1!

Endkey
06-19-2014, 03:07 AM
Thanks for the support guys :)

Dex Scene
06-19-2014, 10:15 AM
Just read 3 great ideas for pvp threads!!! I like this one aswel :) wtg :3

—AshDex

Jsuit
06-19-2014, 10:44 PM
+... A lot

Kreasadriii
06-20-2014, 12:42 PM