PDA

View Full Version : Rogues DMG% pets

Gesaffelstein
06-12-2014, 05:58 AM
I know rogues have been debuffed by 10% dmg, but it cancels out ALL dmg% multipliers.
Why is my dmg in pvp the same when I use Talon or Gyrm? And what the point now in buying DMG% pets?

(Twink)
Talon has 30dex and 10% dmg which gives me 119.3 dmg.
Gyrm 30primary(DEX) and 12% dmg which gives me 119.3 dmg too. This doesn't make sense as it is 2% more.
However, Malison gives me 117 dmg in pvp! I can't see what the use of DMG% pets is if it doesn't work.

Is this a bug? Or intented to be this way? If it is intented this way, then there would be no more problems choosing between Glacian or Hammerjaw, as the 10%DMG of Hammerjaw is non-existent in pvp.

epicrrr
06-12-2014, 06:45 AM
i have 112 dmg max everytime im on arena it goes 91, so techinically I get a nerf %? + hj 10% dmg

Ennex
06-12-2014, 08:11 AM
What a waste of arcane pets with dmg % boost XD

epicrrr
06-12-2014, 09:16 AM
Gessa, what you see is the effect that the dmg debuff currently has (whether intended or not). With malison, you get +20 to dex int and str. Whereas for both Gyrm and Talon you receive a +30 dex boost. So naturally you get better dmg stats from Gyrm or Talon as they add more to your primary stat. The +10% and +12% dmg boost from Talon and Gyrm respectively however, does not show up in PvP, as they are overriden by the -10% dmg debuff automatically placed on rogues the moment you enter a PvP room. This is the source of the discontent amongst rogues now... and yes you're right any pet that gives any kind of %dmg boost is useless to rogues in PvP, from Flapjack to Singe.

Unfortunately, what the devs have not said a single word about is whether this effect is intended in the first place. What they have said so far is that a debuff to any stat will outweigh any co-existing buff. Meaning for instance, if you have a -10%dmg debuff and a +15%dmg buff active on your toon at the same time, the result is that you will only have the -10% debuff effect on your toon (at least till it wears off). However, the PvP debuff is a PERMANENT one, not like the ones due to pets/skills which will wear off over time. This means that at all times in PvP, you're running at only 90% of your BASELINE dmg, in spite of all the dmg buffs you can throw on yourself, simply because the mandatory PvP dmg debuff to rogues exists. Sad right?

Even if it was though, it is a disappointing nerf on rogues meaning that we have been shortchanged for more than 4 seasons thinking our pet augments our dmg when it totally doesn't. Imagine at lvl26 cap... a rogue buys Hammerjaw thinking that with its 10%dmg buff he/she will boss PvP... now I know why despite using only a Malison and less than maxed gear I was able to kill a surprising number of Hammerjaw rogues in that season.

So now that you are aware... time to relook at your pet roster and decide again which pets you should carry with you in PvP :) Or you can join me and complain some more lol :p

O we are with you <kronos> on this complaint, we bought DAMAGE % arcane pet because of its attributes now its kinda useless.

Ennex
06-12-2014, 09:20 AM
O we are with you <kronos> on this complaint, we bought DAMAGE % arcane pet because of its attributes now its kinda useless.

Haha im not one of the victims :P

Haligali
06-12-2014, 03:57 PM
And scorn does not gives any damage buff on arcane ability for rogues, just reduces armor, what an ultimate pet for trolling. :o

Bless
06-12-2014, 05:49 PM
And scorn does not gives any damage buff on arcane ability for rogues, just reduces armor, what an ultimate pet for trolling. :o No the pet isn't the troll, devs are trolling the rogue class.

I understand that there is a 10% dmg nerf, but why does it further negate pet bonuses?

In town: 520 dmg
So far in pvp: 430 dmg

That's a 90 dmg automatic nerf. Whilst 10% of 520 is 52. Anything I'm not aware of/mistaken or is this a bug?

Secondly, pet bonuses do not show on stats and if it doesn't show on stats now, where dmg% boosts are visible on stat screen, then the pet bonuses do not give us damage.

So that's a 10% universal nerf + further pet damage nerf/bug. With a samael in pvp, rogues get a 20% less dmg than in town because the 10% samael happiness bonus doesn't count...

This needs to be fixed. It's not even a case of "buff rogues, we underpowered" - it's just broken

Gesaffelstein
06-12-2014, 06:06 PM
Gessa, what you see is the effect that the dmg debuff currently has (whether intended or not). With malison, you get +20 to dex int and str. Whereas for both Gyrm and Talon you receive a +30 dex boost. So naturally you get better dmg stats from Gyrm or Talon as they add more to your primary stat. The +10% and +12% dmg boost from Talon and Gyrm respectively however, does not show up in PvP, as they are overriden by the -10% dmg debuff automatically placed on rogues the moment you enter a PvP room. This is the source of the discontent amongst rogues now... and yes you're right any pet that gives any kind of %dmg boost is useless to rogues in PvP, from Flapjack to Singe.

Unfortunately, what the devs have not said a single word about is whether this effect is intended in the first place. What they have said so far is that a debuff to any stat will outweigh any co-existing buff. Meaning for instance, if you have a -10%dmg debuff and a +15%dmg buff active on your toon at the same time, the result is that you will only have the -10% debuff effect on your toon (at least till it wears off). However, the PvP debuff is a PERMANENT one, not like the ones due to pets/skills which will wear off over time. This means that at all times in PvP, you're running at only 90% of your BASELINE dmg, in spite of all the dmg buffs you can throw on yourself, simply because the mandatory PvP dmg debuff to rogues exists. Sad right?

Even if it was though, it is a disappointing nerf on rogues meaning that we have been shortchanged for more than 4 seasons thinking our pet augments our dmg when it totally doesn't. Imagine at lvl26 cap... a rogue buys Hammerjaw thinking that with its 10%dmg buff he/she will boss PvP... now I know why despite using only a Malison and less than maxed gear I was able to kill a surprising number of Hammerjaw rogues in that season.

So now that you are aware... time to relook at your pet roster and decide again which pets you should carry with you in PvP :) Or you can join me and complain some more lol :p

I agree, your post is exactly what I was trying to say. I really think a respond from a STS Developer would be in place, as people have spent their money on plats trying to get their DMG% pets. People have opened many locked crates for a Hammerjaw which says their damage will be INCREASED by 10%. However, it was never mentioned -anywhere- that this 10% is non-existent in pvp. I am really disappointed in STS because these people didn't 'get' what they paid for.

Another thing I would like to say is that this affects only the Rogue class, basically we have a lot less choice in pets because all DMG% pets are useless now. Especially because in ENDGAME pvp DMG% has so much advantages over base stats(str dex int) happiness bonus, as our damage is increasing more and more on.

I think STS owes us, as a community, atleast some explanation. Like I said, people have invested a lot of money in this game, so they should be able to know what they get.

Madnex
06-12-2014, 07:01 PM
Actually, I've reported this around a week ago and yes, there has been a dev response.

Thanks for the help! I'll check out what I can - I know that at least we will be looking into changing how buff/debuff stacking works.

So a fix is to be expected. :)

Zeus
06-12-2014, 07:32 PM
No the pet isn't the troll, devs are trolling the rogue class.

I understand that there is a 10% dmg nerf, but why does it further negate pet bonuses?

That's a 90 dmg automatic nerf. Whilst 10% of 520 is 52. Anything I'm not aware of/mistaken or is this a bug?

Secondly, pet bonuses do not show on stats and if it doesn't show on stats now, where dmg% boosts are visible on stat screen, then the pet bonuses do not give us damage.

So that's a 10% universal nerf + further pet damage nerf/bug. With a samael in pvp, rogues get a 20% less dmg than in town because the 10% samael happiness bonus doesn't count...

This needs to be fixed. It's not even a case of "buff rogues, we underpowered" - it's just broken

You must be doing something wrong or have a damage elixir on. The last I checked, the 10% damage nerf works just fine.

GoodSyntax
06-12-2014, 11:29 PM
The complaint isn't necessarily about the 10% nerf, but rather how debuffs override buffs. Running with Loki/Flap Jack in PvP nets out to a 25% DMG nerf, not 10%. So, in PvP with a permanent debuff, ALL DMG buffs are overridden. With Rogues as the only unshielded class, we are heavily reliant on quick kills for survival because our mana runs out quickly, and once dry, we are dead.

Ishtmeet
06-13-2014, 06:46 AM
And scorn does not gives any damage buff on arcane ability for rogues, just reduces armor, what an ultimate pet for trolling. :o

Lol

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Bless
06-13-2014, 11:36 AM
No the pet isn't the troll, devs are trolling the rogue class.

You must be doing something wrong or have a damage elixir on. The last I checked, the 10% damage nerf works just fine. You didn't read my post properly. The 10% dmg bonus from pets doesnt show in pvp at all ON TOP OF the pvp damage nerf for rogues. Around 40 dmg is not received from samael happiness bonus..

If it isnt clear, read Kalizzas post.

Zeus
06-13-2014, 12:31 PM
You didn't read my post properly. The 10% dmg bonus from pets doesnt show in pvp at all ON TOP OF the pvp damage nerf for rogues. Around 40 dmg is not received from samael happiness bonus..

If it isnt clear, read Kalizzas post.

Oh yes, I already knew this. Sorry, was sleepy and misinterpreted your post.

Mylast
06-13-2014, 08:17 PM
I agree, your post is exactly what I was trying to say. I really think a respond from a STS Developer would be in place, as people have spent their money on plats trying to get their DMG% pets. People have opened many locked crates for a Hammerjaw which says their damage will be INCREASED by 10%. However, it was never mentioned -anywhere- that this 10% is non-existent in pvp. I am really disappointed in STS because these people didn't 'get' what they paid for.
I think STS owes us, as a community, atleast some explanation. Like I said, people have invested a lot of money in this game, so they should be able to know what they get.

Agree on this. Devs, u have lot of disapointed players who payed millions for their pet. That NEEDS to be fixed!!

ItsGhostu
06-14-2014, 02:26 AM

Another thing I would like to say is that this affects only the Rogue class, basically we have a lot less choice in pets because all DMG% pets are useless now. Especially because in ENDGAME pvp DMG% has so much advantages over base stats(str dex int) happiness bonus, as our damage is increasing more and more on.

Agreed, this dmg nerf made me quit rogues and wasted all my dmg pets. :mad:
I dont understand if hj gives 10% dmg is it existent but not shown in stats or what...??

Zeus
06-14-2014, 08:50 AM
Agreed, this dmg nerf made me quit rogues and wasted all my dmg pets. :mad:
I dont understand if hj gives 10% dmg is it existent but not shown in stats or what...??

There's no difference between this client and the last. You're still hitting the same as before but the damage system has just always been broken on rogues.

Alhuntrazeck
06-14-2014, 09:00 AM
Imho, rogues should have the -10% damage debuff but have pet damage buffs impact the debuff. Its logical that if you get a +10% boost from ur pet and the -10% debuff, you should have no change in town stats. Not -10% damage regardless of damage buffs.

Mylast
06-14-2014, 10:12 AM
There's no difference between this client and the last. You're still hitting the same as before but the damage system has just always been broken on rogues.

How its same? Ok , we didnt see that -10%% dmg when we entered. Now not only i see that -10% , i also get -% of everx dmg pet i use. Like if i had HJ, with my dmg 142, i would have around 130 in ctf. But no, i have 120 dmg or less.

But other story is tdm, not seeing ANY debuffs , still have same dmg in town and tdm.

Zeus
06-14-2014, 10:39 AM
How its same? Ok , we didnt see that -10%% dmg when we entered. Now not only i see that -10% , i also get -% of everx dmg pet i use. Like if i had HJ, with my dmg 142, i would have around 130 in ctf. But no, i have 120 dmg or less.

But other story is tdm, not seeing ANY debuffs , still have same dmg in town and tdm.

The 10% damage for rogues NEVER worked because of the fact that we always have the 10% damage debuff upon entering PvP. So, in reality, we've always been nerfed 10% damage + damage % of pet or passive upon entering PvP.

Mylast
06-14-2014, 11:53 AM
Oh, i understand now. So wasted millions for nothing.. Thats nice.

Still isnt fair. Hammerjaww adds less then malison, and he is arcane pet? What makes him now arcane? His debuff? Yes, hes an arcane fail now for all rogues.

Orageunas
06-14-2014, 03:57 PM
Imho, rogues should have the -10% damage debuff but have pet damage buffs impact the debuff. Its logical that if you get a +10% boost from ur pet and the -10% debuff, you should have no change in town stats. Not -10% damage regardless of damage buffs.
This!

JustThat
06-16-2014, 01:21 PM
Is our passive 5%dmg also neutralized?

Zeus
06-16-2014, 02:00 PM
Is our passive 5%dmg also neutralized?

Yes.

lowratehitman
06-16-2014, 02:22 PM
Yes.
zzzzzxzx -_-

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Gesaffelstein
06-18-2014, 02:42 PM
So what does STS have to say about this? Basically the %DMG on pets are a lie in pvp. (For rogues)
We spend millions for a pet that gives DMG%, which is why we buy those pets, that in the end doesn't even work.

Mylast
06-18-2014, 06:58 PM
So what does STS have to say about this? Basically the %DMG on pets are a lie in pvp. (For rogues)
We spend millions for a pet that gives DMG%, which is why we buy those pets, that in the end doesn't even work.

Obviously nothing. Im gonna keep opening threads till they answer. Cuz no way im lettin this by after wasting millions on pet!!

Ennex
06-18-2014, 08:50 PM
Solution: play in TDM until theres some changes :D

Sent from my azz

Dex Scene
06-19-2014, 10:28 AM
Oh, i understand now. So wasted millions for nothing.. Thats nice.

Still isnt fair. Hammerjaww adds less then malison, and he is arcane pet? What makes him now arcane? His debuff? Yes, hes an arcane fail now for all rogues.

Capped Malison does 178 damage and capped HJ does 217 damage. :)

—AshDex

Gesaffelstein
06-23-2014, 02:55 PM
Hello developer? :confused:

lowratehitman
06-23-2014, 02:58 PM
I think the hj prices well go way down and glacian prices well sky rocket if they don't fix the pet bonus DMG

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Zynzyn
07-06-2014, 07:23 AM
Just noticed this thread. So its not just me who is experiencing this. Please fix this. When I bought my damage buff pets, I did not expect them to be not working in pvp. My plats and gold are wasted at the moment. Just saying that something overrides something which results in us not getting the pet damage boost is not fair.

If the current system is making us not receive the pet damage boost, then it is faulty and a fix is needed. While my damage is nerfed 10% in pvp, I dont even get my pet's damage boost while other classes get it. Tanks and mages have no damage nerf and on top of that they have damage buffing pets which work for them. That makes the damage difference between the rogue class and other classes way more than intended and needed for balance in pvp. Can a dev please comment on this?

UndeadJudge
07-06-2014, 05:20 PM
To be honest, I think the only dev that fully understands the damage system is null_void. I have a suspicion that the %damage stats are inaccurate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk