PDA

View Full Version : Pve build (haven't played for a long time)

glengon
06-12-2014, 10:25 AM
Sooo, i havent played since the lvl 31 cap and im kinda lost. Might start playing again though..
Could someone give me a basic explanation about:
-crafting
-a good pve build
-best way to start farming gold
EDIT: also, are the watchers tombs still the best place for for lvling? Lol I remember spending a ton of time there to reach the lvl 16,21,26,31 caps a long time ago..
Attached is my mage currently:

mahony
06-12-2014, 11:04 AM
PVE : ( that i use )
Fire 4/5 no scorch
Time 4/5 no explode
Light 4/5 no stun
Shield 4/5 no displacement wave

Gale 2/5 just speed of wind (use it at shuyal gladiator elite for escaping the bombs and from vortex . Use it in km3 fast runs and farming lockeds)
Lifegiver 2/5 mana return ( in pvp )

Passive : STR 5/5 , DEX 5/5 , INT 5/5 , Critical 5/5

Hope it helps

LVL 41

cindersx
06-12-2014, 02:28 PM
Welcome back to the game! I have broken down the answers into different parts. :)

SKILL BUILD

I would suggest using the build that was suggested above, but with a little tweak. Switch light for frost bolt 4/5. Don't get the upgrade that has the chance to create the ice patches. Also, I personally use time 5/5, but that's just me. Honestly, it's mostly up to you on what skills you would like to use.

My build:

Stat Points
All points into int.

Active Skills
Fire 4/5 (No scorch)
Frost 4/5 (No ice patches)
Time 5/5
Shield 4/5 (No displacement wave)

Passive Skills

Int 5/5
Str 5/5
Dex 5/5
Crit 5/5

I think you should have 3 skill points left which I would use on any passive besides damage.

GOLD FARMING

To get some gold, you want to get a leprechaun amulet. Equip that and farm kraken mine level 3 or brackenridge-brackenridge. From these maps, you have a good chance of getting a locked grand crate of the watch which is good to sell.

LEVELING

For experience to level up, I would suggest going to kraag tomb level 4. For more info on that, follow this link:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?144452-Guide-The-Definitive-Guide-to-Speed-Leveling-and-Kraag-Tomb-4

CRAFTING

For crafting, you basically collect essences as loot. When you get 10 of a certain essence, you can make it into a gem. The essences are blood, fire, and glacial. After getting 10 of one of those kinds of essences, you can craft it into a blood, fire, or glacial gem. You can use those to make the stats on your equipment a little bit better.

If the crafting part makes no sense to you, go to this link:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?561-Crafting-Upgrade-System-Now-Live-in-Arcane-Legends!

MORE INFO

If you have anymore questions, contact me in game at Angelicdove or Intfire. You can also message me on forums. Seeya in game!

Hope this helps! :D

Rianaku
06-12-2014, 04:50 PM
So, not saying anyone is ever right or wrong, just my version of things as a level 41 mythic PvE dedicated sorcerer :)

Build -

Stat Points:
All Int !

Skills:
PVE : ( that i use )
Fire 4/5
Time 4/5
Light 2/5
Shield 4/5
Ice 5/5

Passives:
Str 5/5
Dex 5/5
Int 5/5
Crit 5/5

You may have a few spare points - just check 'em any where you feel necessary, but like cinder states, not on Dmg passive as it doesn't stack with Pet dmg %

Gold Farming

Well, nowadays the market is going all funny, especially with Locked Crates atm - with the new mythics coming up and all. I would recommend reading the patch notes on the new mythic updates to decide for yourself if it's Locked Crates you want to farm or if you want to go else where (e.g. Elites, egg hunting).
But the best ways of farming IMO are:

Kraken Mines 3:
Well, I'm sure you know KM3 - pretty simply, run fast, kill hard aim for every run under 2 mins.
Ensure you have a good party and if you want a decent drop rate you need to be using your Lep amulet and a Luck Kit Elixir - which you can purchase from the Plat store or via the Auction House.
The good thing about Kit lix's are the fact that they only run down on time while you're in a dungeon so basically, get in kill, get drops, get out. The faster the better, time literally becomes money.
Drops:
Mainly Locked Crates, a few Pink gears and pets.

Nordr runs:
Best places for me are Hall of Valheim and Journ woods (mind the spelling, server is down so I can't check haha) - you literally just spam repeat from one to another, running through the maps as fast as possible to the boss, whilst killing as many mobs on the way, as to make the boss spawn (which is REALLY easy).
Drops:
Vixen, (there's another egg, can't remember which one... george I think?) all kind of pink gears and Locked Crates.

Elites:
There's obviously a lot of Elite maps to farm, but they can only be done once you hit level 40.
But once you do, feel to try as many as you want to find what ones suits you best, but personally, solo I enjoy Mage Mines which if you go to Elite "Dead City" then click on "Arcanum Grounds" and run through the map. You'll come to a cross road, always take the left path and you'll end up there (there are also a lot of guides floating around on how to run that map solo).
But other than that, if you want a challenge or a pt run, just try the new Elite maps.
Drops:
Maaaany many different pets, Pink gears, Locked Crates etc etc

Low level Boss farming:
This is basically spamming low level bosses, with very short maps to get as many chances at Locked Crates as possible.
The drop rate is low, but because you're farming the maps so fast, technically, your chance of finding Locked Crates increases.
The best maps for me (when I did it a lot, to get myself a lepre amulet, which I then used to farm km3) were:
Brackenridge > Forest
Brackenridge > Brackenridge
Ydra Forest > Rook's Nest
Just spam these three, and on "Brackenridge > Brackenridge" only kill the first boss then move on.
Drops:
Mainly Locked Crates, but there's a chance at Ribbit and a few others along with some Pink gears.

Merching:
I don't merch myself, but here's the best guide around -
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?78031-Guide-Merchanting-by-Miracle

Leveling:
I 100% agree with cinder on this guide - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?144452-Guide-The-Definitive-Guide-to-Speed-Leveling-and-Kraag-Tomb-4

Crafting:
Exactly as cinder says; it's just 10 essences = 1 gem. Once you have 10 of a kind of essence, go to your crafting station > craft > select your gem type and hit craft. It will then have a count down timer until it's ready, then you can go to your crafting station and collect it, and use the upgrade centre in your crafting station to add those gems to your gears.

Daily Quests:
I know you didn't ask for this, but I have 4 accounts, one of which has 3 characters. So all up I have 6 characters.
I do the Daily Bard quest on each character every day (sounds draining, but it honestly takes 5 minutes or so).
Every 20 days I buy a Music box with my tokens, with 6 characters and the current price of Music boxes = (roughly) 240k
No, it doesn't sound like a lot, but for the very very little amount of time it takes to do each day and the fact that it costs me nothing to do it makes it worth it IMO (just a suggestion anyway).

In all honesty, if you need any help, follow this:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?120994-Arcane-Legends-Index-of-Guides

Hope that helped. :)

PEACE

glengon
06-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Thanks a lot guys, these was really informative. :-)
So time, fire and shield are the essential skills? And for the last one it's either ice or light or both?
If both, do I switch out ice for light at bosses only? And for passives it's int str dex and crit?
What about lifegiver/heal?

For crafting its basically find 10gems->craft into the thingy that fits into the weapon? Are gems easy to find?

Locked crates only sell for 7500g now so I guess I will try farming eggs?

Edit: and is the runic flare still the best mage wep other than the arcane one?

Euldor
06-13-2014, 12:42 AM
So time, fire and shield are the essential skills? And for the last one it's either ice or light or both?
If both, do I switch out ice for light at bosses only? And for passives it's int str dex and crit?

For crafting its basically find 10gems->craft into the thingy that fits into the weapon? Are gems easy to find?

Nope. The Runic Flare has seen it's last as the best weap for endgame mage play.
The crate gun Exped Rifle is the top legendary weap (DMG wise) and the Kershal is still the best weap at least for the moment.

cindersx
06-13-2014, 11:11 AM

You can have all five of those skills. Through mobs, you run with ice, time, fire, and shield. At boss, you switch out time for light.

The reason no one uses lifegiver is because you can just use pots which are much faster than lifegiver.
You can also get to level 41 and do elites for some money.

Runic flare is no longer the best weapon as stated in the post above.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

cindersx
06-13-2014, 11:12 AM
Oh and remember to use leprechaun amulet and, if you can, a luck elixir kit while doing elites.

radagan
06-13-2014, 03:22 PM
For All kinds tombs I use curde,wind,fire and clock

cindersx
06-13-2014, 07:13 PM
:confused:
For All kinds tombs I use curde,wind,fire and clock
You mean curse?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

glengon
06-17-2014, 01:10 AM
Nope. The Runic Flare has seen it's last as the best weap for endgame mage play.
The crate gun Exped Rifle is the top legendary weap (DMG wise) and the Kershal is still the best weap at least for the moment.
Is there a reason why it's so cheap although it's the next best after the arcane one?

Otahaanak
06-18-2014, 08:14 AM
Because they drop readily from locked crates, almost everyone that wants one has it.

Rianaku
06-18-2014, 05:18 PM
I'm just using a Magamatic Staff of Potency, only cost a few hundred k, and although the DMG isn't as great as the other magmatic staff, it offers a few hundred more HP which for PvE IMO is fan-diddly-tastic.

And I would still consider crates IMO, as their prices are shortly about to change due to the Mythic event - whenever that may actually happen -.-

As for skill changes while you're doing runs.
I run maps with ice, time, fire and shield then swap out shield for light at boss. Unless doing elites, I can handle the hits.
And tbh, more often than not, I run with ice, fire, time and light through the whole map. Unless like I said, you're doing elites.
Yes, I burn through a pot or two extra but due to having higher HP, I can handle it and I slice through everything with only attack skills.
Just something to think about anyway.

glengon
06-19-2014, 11:39 PM
Thanks for all the tips guys, based on them, this is my mage currently:

Fireball 4/5, no scorch
Ice 3/5, no 20% and ice patch(cause apparently the 20% works even without putting in the point)
Light 4/5, no shock
Time 4/5, no timebomb
Shield 4/5, no displacement
Int, dex, str and crit 5/5

However the thing i dont get is why the Aoe on light instead of stun..Since i use light only on bosses, isnt it pretty useless? If i remove it, ill have 2 points left(when i hit lvl 41). Where should i place them in?

mishafeng
06-27-2014, 05:53 PM
Welcome back to the game! I have broken down the answers into different parts. :)

SKILL BUILD

I would suggest using the build that was suggested above, but with a little tweak. Switch light for frost bolt 4/5. Don't get the upgrade that has the chance to create the ice patches. Also, I personally use time 5/5, but that's just me. Honestly, it's mostly up to you on what skills you would like to use.

My build:

Stat Points
All points into int.

Active Skills
Fire 4/5 (No scorch)
Frost 4/5 (No ice patches)
Time 5/5
Shield 4/5 (No displacement wave)

Passive Skills

Int 5/5
Str 5/5
Dex 5/5
Crit 5/5

I think you should have 3 skill points left which I would use on any passive besides damage.

GOLD FARMING

To get some gold, you want to get a leprechaun amulet. Equip that and farm kraken mine level 3 or brackenridge-brackenridge. From these maps, you have a good chance of getting a locked grand crate of the watch which is good to sell.

LEVELING

For experience to level up, I would suggest going to kraag tomb level 4. For more info on that, follow this link:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?144452-Guide-The-Definitive-Guide-to-Speed-Leveling-and-Kraag-Tomb-4

CRAFTING

For crafting, you basically collect essences as loot. When you get 10 of a certain essence, you can make it into a gem. The essences are blood, fire, and glacial. After getting 10 of one of those kinds of essences, you can craft it into a blood, fire, or glacial gem. You can use those to make the stats on your equipment a little bit better.

If the crafting part makes no sense to you, go to this link:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?561-Crafting-Upgrade-System-Now-Live-in-Arcane-Legends!

MORE INFO

If you have anymore questions, contact me in game at Angelicdove or Intfire. You can also message me on forums. Seeya in game!

Hope this helps! :D

now i wouldnt use kraag tombs because it has about 200 less mobs but other than that i agree use watchers tomb 4 :)

Nesox
07-01-2014, 02:55 PM
now i wouldnt use kraag tombs because it has about 200 less mobs but other than that i agree use watchers tomb 4 :)

If you read the previous posts by those who tested: Many of the mobs in WT4 don't give experience. KT4 is actually faster for xp overall.

Playlist
07-08-2014, 12:46 AM
i find this build most effective against mobs
fire, clock, heal, shield, lightning, passive str, dex, int, crit, and dmg

glengon
07-08-2014, 09:40 AM
After a few weeks of farming this is my mage:
Any tips on how to imcrease my dmg further other than the new mythic gun since i cant afford it..
Using exp rifle, druid helm, druid garb(all brutality versions), mythic ring, lunar pendant.