PDA

View Full Version : Nightshade comparison and mini review.

Ravager
06-13-2014, 12:14 AM
Singe
Samael
Brothers Whimm
Nightshade

My stats are much higher with Nightshade.

I tested this in tdm, 1v1 and pve.

The range on the AA is the same as Singe and has a yellow graphics instead of Singe's reddish/orange. So the range is huge.

My Nightshade is level 41.

Info I got from 1v1.
Nightshade's basic attack is only legendary so it does not do as much damage as an arcane pet but it does have bleed and armor reduction. The bleed did about 89 dmg and constantly bleeds fast. The result is lots of damage. Perhaps not the greatest tool against a juggernaut warrior but good damage. The AA does about 8 ticks of 67 dmg. After the ticks are over, the ally closest to Nightshade gets 712 hp based on how much damage was done(?). When I vs'd 2 & 3 people I got 712 hp x 2 back = 1424. When I vs'd 1 person I only got 712 hp. Seems like a static number. Instanthumor felt that "Nightshade hit harder" possibly because all the dmg and dot it was doing throughout when compared to Samael. These numbers are off of fighting arcane mages w/o arcane ring. The healing occurs also AFTER the 8 ticks are up. In some cases, I had to preemptively use the "heal"

TDM
I found this pet useful in TDM when there was a large group. Since there was so much DOT going on, I got a good amount of kills and kill steals. It felt good since warriors hardly ever get kills. The damage I was able to push out because of the great stats helped too. I may keep this pet around for a bit. The only issue I had was when I was chasing around gale mages and runaway rogues. Many of the current pets have speed boost and/or speed reduction to the opponent for the pet's basic attack. So when I was slowed and chasing down a runaway opponent that had a speed pet, i just gave up and turned around to find another opponent.

PVE
Hard to tell how great this pet is in pve. Especially for elites, I mash potion anyways so the heal rebate from the poison AA is not so useful. I don't really consider this pet a PVE pet but it doesn't mean it wouldn't be as useful.

The CD is great. Only about 15 seconds. Considering how much damage it does, it heals and the frequency I can use the AA, it is very powerful. The sad part is that this pet lacks stun/panic. So when I get stunned or panicked, i use the AA to cover me and heal me a bit. And I can use this quite often.

Overall I think this is a very good pet. I seem to get more kills with this pet than with Samael. Not sure if it beats my Whimm in TDM though. May be situational.

Update :
Happiness bonus adds 6% crit - Haligali
Poison and heal can be nullified by Misty if done early - Conradev

Euldor
06-13-2014, 12:32 AM
Looks like Nightshade is well worth the bucks. Thanks Ravagerx for sharing!

Archerios
06-13-2014, 12:49 AM
There is still one thing that bug me after reading it.Why is Nightshade rarity Legendary? Should be Arcane or at least Mythic

Serancha
06-13-2014, 01:04 AM
Probably called legendary to reduce the uproar of an exclusive pet.

insults
06-13-2014, 01:08 AM
I agree with this guy, even better than somes mythic, arcane pets, should be mythic at least.

samuraisoul
06-13-2014, 01:11 AM
good info as usual

Eyrika
06-13-2014, 01:21 AM
For me this pet can't be arcane cause he have no stun, no speed, no armor, no crit....sts not sreach to creat a big op pet of the dead. I think sts to think that the pet with already gave enough dmg to the user and sts have put it in legendary pet for have low personnal dmg pet.

Edit : or the other reason can be : sts sreach to give a better value to legendary pets, and new legendary pets comming can be too strong

PS : I love the name of your Nightshade ravagerx XD

Attack Dog
06-13-2014, 01:29 AM
Words cannot describe what night shade is:
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::ban ana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banan a::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::ban ana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banan a::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana:

Ravager
06-13-2014, 01:40 AM
Probably called legendary to reduce the uproar of an exclusive pet.

Perhaps this is why its legendary. Maybe because they want to rerelease it in a different way in the far future? Story, hauntlet or whatever tokens? Maybe plat purchasable. Arcane and mythic cant be bought in that way and mythics can only be bought during various times. Maybe they didnt want it to grant mythic or arcane ap? Maybe they didnt feel it had a unique enough look to it for mythic or arcane.

Kakatoa91
06-13-2014, 02:10 AM
Serancha got a good point.
Myth and arcane pet get upgrade when levellin also.

Nightshade being legend was the right call.
Its clearly the best legend around and the rarest.
You have exclusivity.

Haligali
06-13-2014, 02:52 AM
Your crit is 7.62% with singe, but with nightshade 13,75%

How when both pet got no crit bonus on happyness? 5 dex difference shouldnt be the reason, a crit bug again?

10 dex gives you 0,24 crit, so 5 dex more 0,24/2=0,12, 7,62+0,12 your crit should be 7,75 with nightshade, but you got exactly 6% more.

Dex Scene
06-13-2014, 03:49 AM
Awesome review thanks for the infos

—AshDex

Sceazikua
06-13-2014, 04:05 AM

How when both pet got no crit bonus on happyness? 5 dex difference shouldnt be the reason, a crit bug again?

10 dex gives you 0,24 crit, so 5 dex more 0,24/2=0,12, 7,62+0,12 your crit should be 7,75 with nightshade, but you got exactly 6% more.

dat observation O_o

epicrrr
06-13-2014, 04:56 AM
15 sec ability cd, now that is boss indeed, too bad theres only 5 as we will go beyond reachable lengths to get this on our bracket. As such nightshade should never be available again aside from being event prize of course.

Thanks for sharing insights.

Ravager
06-13-2014, 09:21 AM

Thanks. Updated.

Alhuntrazeck
06-13-2014, 10:29 AM
The only issue I had was when I was chasing around gale mages and runaway rogues. Many of the current pets have speed boost and/or speed reduction to the opponent for the pet's basic attack. So when I was slowed and chasing down a runaway opponent that had a speed pet, i just gave up and turned around to find another opponent.

Time to spec gale and a speed pet, squishy mages

notfaded1
06-13-2014, 10:53 AM
Thanks for update for sure... it is an interesting pet. I'm even more interested in the new twin trees and what we have to do to acquire them? Seems that nightshade is like rarer then rare so idk what it will mean to most of the community unless they release them some other way in the future. Perhaps like you said it's a base for another pet that is in the works that's mythic or something... maybe for plat???

Kakashis
06-13-2014, 12:21 PM
Thanks for update for sure... it is an interesting pet. I'm even more interested in the new twin trees and what we have to do to acquire them? Seems that nightshade is like rarer then rare so idk what it will mean to most of the community unless they release them some other way in the future. Perhaps like you said it's a base for another pet that is in the works that's mythic or something... maybe for plat???

for sure the trees will be energy based leaderboard.

extrapayah
06-14-2014, 12:44 AM
it should be an arcane... there are only 3 (or 5?) in the AL world...

Hoardseeker
06-14-2014, 07:29 AM
Words cannot describe what night shade is:
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::ban ana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banan a::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::ban ana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banan a::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana:

That's what I tried to say before goblin event started, a word cannot say its legendary, its OP than Mythic as my feedback in the suggestion section said it , they said,

Oh! I see only 3 of them , so no OPness...Its totally silly which is OP always for the 5Players

Raregem
06-14-2014, 11:51 AM
The DOT is killer on him being on the other end of it in PVP. If I hadn't been timing my packs with as fast as my hp was going down I would of been dead in 3 seconds. Great Review.

Serancha
06-14-2014, 12:24 PM
I love the dot, it triggers my talisman proc ;) Great little puppy. What a fun pet.

I am glad there's not many of them though - they're pretty op.