PDA

View Full Version : CS Purchase Notices....

Serancha
06-13-2014, 01:00 AM
When you buy something from the CS, you get a notice across your screen. This used to happen immediately and then go away. Suddenly though, the messages are getting delayed, and if you buy multiple items, like gems or crates, the feedback notices go on forever. You can do another search, go set gems to craft, and you're still reading the annoying "Purchased" messages.

I think something is screwed up somewhere in the timing mechanism.

Zylx
06-13-2014, 02:11 AM
I think push notifications would be pretty cool. Have a "notify me on purchase" option when selling an item and have an alert sent to your phone/tablet when it sells.

Serancha
06-13-2014, 02:21 AM
That's a totally different topic. Might want to head over to the suggestions forum with that one though.

Instanthumor
06-13-2014, 03:15 AM
Same happens when "gifting" things, sending friend requests, or other messages. Everything seems to have been delayed.

Bigboyblue
06-13-2014, 07:29 AM
I heard somewhere that this will eventually stop. The new client affects the performance of the server. Once these things are done on a continual basis it starts to perform the tasks quicker. I'm no cpu guy so not sure if that explanation makes sense. Sam said something in one of the threads like that.

Zylx
06-13-2014, 10:49 AM
Same happens when "gifting" things, sending friend requests, or other messages. Everything seems to have been delayed.

The "you have looted something better than what you have equipped" is kinda messed up too. Though i only get it at lower levels.

Samhayne
06-13-2014, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the head's up on this issue. We're looking at it.

Serancha
06-23-2014, 06:15 AM
Just for posterity, here's some additional info. All times are approximate, but quite close to accurate. The messages referred to are the ones that flash across the screen, not the ones in the chatbox window.

When purchasing 1 item from the cs, the screen message disappears about 1.6 seconds after the purchase

When purchasing 5 items in a row, we continue seeing notices for 5.6 seconds after the last item is bought

When purchasing 10 items in a row (consecutively - so 10 crates or 10 fire gems etc), the messages continue for 9.5 - 9.8 seconds after the last item is bought.

The same happens for messages about people joining teams or leaving TDM matches. I can leave a game that has ended, and continue receiving "so-and-so has left the game" messages long after I land in Kraag post-match. Can clock these too if needed.

Thanks devs!

Samhayne
06-23-2014, 08:34 AM
Just for posterity, here's some additional info. All times are approximate, but quite close to accurate. The messages referred to are the ones that flash across the screen, not the ones in the chatbox window.

When purchasing 1 item from the cs, the screen message disappears about 1.6 seconds after the purchase

When purchasing 5 items in a row, we continue seeing notices for 5.6 seconds after the last item is bought

When purchasing 10 items in a row (consecutively - so 10 crates or 10 fire gems etc), the messages continue for 9.5 - 9.8 seconds after the last item is bought.

The same happens for messages about people joining teams or leaving TDM matches. I can leave a game that has ended, and continue receiving "so-and-so has left the game" messages long after I land in Kraag post-match. Can clock these too if needed.

Thanks devs!

Serancha,

I don't see that behavior. If I purchase 10 crates from the consignment shop (I just did this moments ago on the Chrome client) I see the system message in the middle of my screen immediately upon purchase.

Serancha
06-23-2014, 08:37 AM
My ping is almost always green and this has been consistent since the new client. Maybe an ios thing?

Haligali
06-23-2014, 09:03 AM
Everything is delayed on android too. I see "skill is already at maximun level" notification for a 10 second long after every respec.

All started after the latest client update.

Bubblezzhd
06-23-2014, 09:18 AM
I have noticed quite a few delays too some with the cs and others with quests, I recently did the two 300xp quests from stronghold and about 10 minutes after I completed them it's still doing the kill count in the middle of my screen trying to catch up

Serancha
06-23-2014, 09:32 AM
Perhaps I should clarify, the message shows up immediately, but stays on the screen way longer than it should. It should be a quick flash, not a 1.5 second hang.

When you stack these long-lasting messages, it just goes on and on. It is not a delay in them showing up initially, that happens right away. The problem is that each one takes too long to finish so you end up receiving the backed-up messages for 10 seconds after the event has happened.

Tendirin
06-23-2014, 09:51 AM
Nope, not a ios bug it has to be your internet serancha, i use ios no problem with me. which device do you use

Serancha
06-23-2014, 09:54 AM
Green ping and multiple other people reporting the same problem from at least 2 continents means it's not an internet connection problem.

Haligali
06-23-2014, 10:50 AM
I have noticed quite a few delays too some with the cs and others with quests, I recently did the two 300xp quests from stronghold and about 10 minutes after I completed them it's still doing the kill count in the middle of my screen trying to catch up

Haha omg

Shanamerny
06-23-2014, 11:21 AM
Green ping and multiple other people reporting the same problem from at least 2 continents means it's not an internet connection problem.

The same thing happens to me and I have great internet connectivity. It'll show even after I leave the cs. Not only that, but messages also seem to be delayed.

Ravager
06-23-2014, 03:28 PM
I have that issue on chrome and android as well. I thought I was clicking too fast. After seeing more people with this issue, I can see its not just me. Sometimes I might be selling gems rapidfire and then I try to look at other menus on the screen and can't see because the message is still sitting on my screen.

FluffNStuff
06-23-2014, 03:34 PM
Got it today on iOS. Seems to be with BOTH selling AND Buying multiple items, for me at least that the back log of messages appears. The backlog seems to occur more on selling, and that seems to delay the buying messages.

Tendirin
06-24-2014, 03:16 AM
how many items are you buying?

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk,Ign Vploit

Milan Lame Man
06-24-2014, 06:19 PM
Obviously the problem is not lag or what exactly you do.
The problem is that these popup messages are shown for, per Serancha, 1.6 seconds each. So if you kill 200 spiders, the popups will keep showing for up to 5 minutes. If you gift 30 items to someone real fast, it will take up to, say, half a minute to stop showing up after you're done. Same goes for items looted, bought and listed in CS, boss & arena countdowns, whatever.
It shows immediately in the chatbox, but the popups are delayed, until all are shown, one by one.

Serancha
06-24-2014, 11:36 PM
Yeah, the arena countdown synch has never been great, but now it's just bizarre. Neither timer is correct, and you're being attacked before the cross-screen one says "1"

Ardbeg
06-26-2014, 03:42 PM
Perhaps I should clarify, the message shows up immediately, but stays on the screen way longer than it should. It should be a quick flash, not a 1.5 second hang.

When you stack these long-lasting messages, it just goes on and on. It is not a delay in them showing up initially, that happens right away. The problem is that each one takes too long to finish so you end up receiving the backed-up messages for 10 seconds after the event has happened.

i see exactly the same behaviour on ios. ipad 4, ios 7.1.1

Samhayne
06-26-2014, 05:05 PM
Yeah, what happened is that the time to display the system message was changed to be longer so that messages would stay around and hopefully be seen.

The problem is that they didn't realize the timing for things like the Gladiator Arena. We'll get it changed back to normal in a future version.

Serancha
06-26-2014, 10:03 PM
The CS messages were fine until the client update happened. The arena and TDM stuff has never been synched, but used to be at least close.

Thanks Sam. Appreciate you guys looking into this.