PDA

View Full Version : why is dodge broken?

Rescind
06-13-2014, 02:11 AM
currently i've been trying new set ups for my bird at 31 and i feel like my dodge does nothing. i went 60str rest dex to try out something new. to state it simply, i get 40dodge buffed but i don't dodge at all. i feel like dodge does nothing at all.
i mean sure i can't rely only on dodge but it's the only thing that gives me a chance at killing a mage.
birds just can compete at lvls under 51 now and it's really frustrating. why u nerf bird so bad STS :'(

synfullmagic_23110
06-13-2014, 02:12 AM
Ik huh

<3

Rescind
06-13-2014, 02:14 AM
Ik huh

<3

if birds had some damage to focus, i think it would solve a lot of problems at lvls under 51.
i mean the dodge is decent at lvl 6 (22) but the arm given with evade is just horrid (7 arm)

synfullmagic_23110
06-13-2014, 02:15 AM
Yah ikr lol

<3

Laar
06-13-2014, 02:16 AM
Just because u lost to my mage 8-5 this morning you don't have to cry..

And anyway, I have 3 dodge on my mage. Gf. :)

I still luv u with all my heart babe. <33

Rescind
06-13-2014, 02:17 AM
Just because u lost to my mage 8-5 this morning you don't have to cry..

And anyway, I have 3 dodge on my mage. Gf. :)

I still luv u with all my heart babe. <33

ehh been on bad internet the whole day yesterday. plqx saw my lag first hand lolol i died like so many times cuz i couldnt figure out ranges when i lag

and another note is that STS tries to make birds rely on dodge at low lvls because the arm on the evade isnt all that great..

Waug
06-13-2014, 06:02 AM
as u said, u can't rely on dodge, don't think about dodge just keep in mind that if u have to kill b4 opponant kill u.

Dodge is like dat, if u realwant to rely on dodge make an endgame bear.

Armourslash
06-13-2014, 11:36 AM
30-40 bird pvp is dead, when they nerfed their dodge and the weapons that people used to use every 30-40 bird either went 51+ or deleted their character.

Rescind
06-13-2014, 12:54 PM
there's a few warbirds left including me but they do have a hard time competing with other classes. atm im 60str rest dex unlike most 94str rest dex.
i can kill all classes except mage because my dodge simply doesnt work against them. 40 dodge and yet i only get 2-4 dodges when i fight them.

Buynmerch
06-15-2014, 02:25 PM
It's all about luck with the dodge. Ok so you lose a fight with a Mage....o we'll sts had nerf bird because they are op

Not a big deal....

(Buynuke)

Rescind
06-15-2014, 03:10 PM
It's all about luck with the dodge. Ok so you lose a fight with a Mage....o we'll sts had nerf bird because they are op

Not a big deal....

(Buynuke)

I think bears are just as op yet we don't really see a nerf on them. 6cb= -65damage? 60damage buff?
Sure they should've nerfed dodge but focus was a bit nerfed too much.
Birds get the least in buffs as well as no damage buff

Impact
06-15-2014, 03:15 PM

Not a big deal....

(Buynuke)

I think bears are just as op yet we don't really see a nerf on them. 6cb= -65damage? 60damage buff?
Sure they should've nerfed dodge but focus was a bit nerfed too much.
Birds get the least in buffs as well as no damage buff
Omfg u stole those words roght out of my mouth

Impact
06-15-2014, 03:17 PM
Warbirds can barely 1/2 most mages, imagine dex....
Imo focuses hit should be replaced with dmg
Cuz u dont really need hit% on a dex toon at high lvls that has 130 hit base. And at low lvl pvp we need more dmg then hit.

Rescind
06-15-2014, 04:02 PM
You gotta mention the cb debuff of 30 dodge as well which gives us less dodge than we actually buffed for

Vvriter
06-15-2014, 11:08 PM
This is why kiting is so essential, also you only have to worry about those huge debuffs if you're 3m next to the Bear.

MightyMicah
06-15-2014, 11:15 PM
I'm gonna take the unprofessional way of answering this and say that mages crit buff out does any dodge you can muster. That and birds dps sucks like nothing else at that level. You can hit mages with everything you've got while auto attacking with a green iceberg and they could just stand there pressing nothing but heal and drain and out-tank you. It's kind of sad to be honest.

Rescind
06-15-2014, 11:51 PM
This is why kiting is so essential, also you only have to worry about those huge debuffs if you're 3m next to the Bear.

I do know that but I'm taking about mages mostly.

FleshDrill
06-16-2014, 12:49 AM
I do know that but I'm taking about mages mostly.

Look at my bird guide. If that doesn't help you, nothing will - because trust me, I've tried everything and this seemed to be the most effective.
- Vvriter

Burningdex
06-16-2014, 05:58 AM

dude or dudette? just trust me kn this one due to gcd ping and kiting glitch it is no longer possible to kite drian and ice if the mage knows ranges

same with bears beckon but i was able to 10-4 most plat bears cuz they r clueless with ranges

10-9d mages in my form (i lost but still) at 3m your should be using avian to stun and auto...

and by the time you are 3m with a bear they should have had these debuffs pinned on them

blind
break
root
root
avian
shat
stun form longsword
freeze from talon
and atleast 1/2 from combo

and @ res try int helm bone 15arms and longsword its quite good

but tbh birds never really had anymore than 50% chance vs mages, if you dodeg fire and drain and they use light out of range first time round teust me you will win

no point in even kiting anymore due to gcd and .23sec skill delay due to time from wen u tap skill till when it shoots

plus with the range glitch 90% of the time beckon , drain or fire will lamd

Impact
06-16-2014, 06:30 AM

dude or dudette? just trust me kn this one due to gcd ping and kiting glitch it is no longer possible to kite drian and ice if the mage knows ranges

same with bears beckon but i was able to 10-4 most plat bears cuz they r clueless with ranges

10-9d mages in my form (i lost but still) at 3m your should be using avian to stun and auto...

and by the time you are 3m with a bear they should have had these debuffs pinned on them

blind
break
root
root
avian
shat
stun form longsword
freeze from talon
and atleast 1/2 from combo

and @ res try int helm bone 15arms and longsword its quite good

but tbh birds never really had anymore than 50% chance vs mages, if you dodeg fire and drain and they use light out of range first time round teust me you will win

no point in even kiting anymore due to gcd and .23sec skill delay due to time from wen u tap skill till when it shoots

plus with the range glitch 90% of the time beckon , drain or fire will lamd
Yep im a master with ranges yet i only avoid mages 12 n skills and bears beckon if i dodge....

Depury
06-16-2014, 03:47 PM
2 words.

Sts heavily drowned the effects of dodge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Romantica
06-19-2014, 09:31 PM
I have tried every build, spend endless plat on the 30-39 bird, and 40 bird. I forgot who, but I had an old friend showing me a kite versus a Mage and he was successful. He opened with blind and repulse to absorb/debuff the Mage attack, the rest of what he did I forgot.

He was using 35 lizard leg (60 str I believe) and the rest dex.

I really focused on an instant nuke because I knew anything longer than a couple seconds I was dead. So I thought about the all the bird skills and the only way to instant kill a Mage was with total armor debuff. So I used 6 break, 3 root, 5 shatter and 6 blast shot, 1 repulse, the rest blind.

I had mixed results, as I believe kiting is a great way to counter and wait for cool downs.

I usually won 3 out 10 battles vs mages at level 35. I just used break, root, shatter, blast and bam! You either nuke or die a slow imminent death.

I also liked 40 bird with pure dex, and kiting is a major factor. This is for vs. 40 bears. But if you miss or a bear dodges blind, root or repulse you're pretty much dead. I also use 4 thorn wall on 40 bird for 10 range, to run away from opponents for cool downs, and extra dodge debuff.

But in the end, sts nerfed and ruined bird. Increase damage on focus buff and increase dodge chance. Please sts.....

My devices have currently been disabled and I have not been able to play for about two weeks now from you know who, I miss playing. Hopefully see you guys again.

Thanks - swisscider (and 15 other toons ;) )

Rescind
06-20-2014, 02:15 AM
The thing about it is, at lvl35 you have way more skill points and skill stats for the nuke
At lvl 35, you can get 6 blast along with 6debuffs
At lvl30 you simply can't compete because lvl35 mages are different from 30s
Lvl30 mages have talons which have faster auto attacks.