PDA

View Full Version : Pro AO3 boss runs.

Physiologic
01-02-2011, 02:59 AM
Hey guys

I'm tired of running DES-King-OL-Gurg with noobs that die while running to OL, don't spend their share to buy tank pots and stay dead at OL for free loot, leave during the middle of runs while you're on a tank pot, etc.

Please add me in-game (Physiologic), I'm an extremely reliable bird with cyber set and would like to join fast, efficient runs.

Unruly
01-02-2011, 03:05 AM
Me and my group can kill keeper in under a minute. Want some help?

Fyrce
01-02-2011, 03:55 AM
Just boot whoever doesn't pot BEFORE rushing to OL. At least they invested some gold to lay about being flat in OL room :P Make sure to announce everyone will be potting to do OL before you rush/clear the mid in VL. (Though bears might not cause they can survive)

Or run out of OL room, maybe go do Gurg. Come back when the 3-minute xp thing runs out, then kill OL. Or invite new people, then kill OL, etc. Or take him down low but don't kill him until 3 minutes is up :) And of course, if they die rushing to OL while NOT potted, you leave them!

Oh oh, or do OL before Mynas and if group's bad, leave, come back and do Mynas. He's totally soloable.

I haven't encountered too many of these types of people, probably because I insist on active participation and I'm impatient (as everyone oughta know by now :)) but sometimes I run into one or two. I usually start trying to educate the group if I'm not seeing lots of combos going off, so a lazy group wouldn't make it to OL with me there :) I'd already be pissed and have left and/or booted everyone, or we're now a great team and everyone's staying because no one leaves a great team if they can help it.

GoldenJuice
01-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Just hit 50 recently and I'm looking for a good group. I'm trying to make a dent in the totem quest. Right now I'm pure int enchantress, but thinking a paladin might be more useful. If I'm on invite me. My IGN is same as forum name.

Ayrilana
01-02-2011, 01:13 PM
I wouldn't mind doing this on occasion. The only problem I have with dying at OL is that I can't respawn and make it back to OL without dying on the way. I keep stopping whenever I'm hit which makes rushing impossible when I'm by myself.

Fyrce
01-02-2011, 03:33 PM
INT mages can rush to OL. Pot when you respawn; you should be good. If you have to, shield for lorekeeper/snipers, and use ice/firestorm to keep them off you.

Pharcyde
01-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Some Int Mages like me don't need to pot either. I have rushed to OL and fought OL without pots a few times before. Its some serious potion jamming though.

Fyrce
01-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Yep, doable, but I'm guessing Ayrilana is having trouble. Plus potting is a bit safer and less jamming the finger and frees you up a bit to do other things. Though if she's having trouble, she might have to pot AND spam the hp+mana pots.

Pharcyde
01-02-2011, 09:08 PM
I hate farming Overlord. I can spend 100k worth of elixirs and not get a single drop. Its almost safer to farm tpaxx for wraith, at least you don't need to pot up every time.

Physiologic
01-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Ayrilana dies in every single AO3 game I am in

jk

And yes overlord does suck. I've seen one megablaster drop (nothing else of worth) in about 150 games so far.

I'm interested in Tpaxx runs though...

Ayrilana
01-02-2011, 09:46 PM
I always seem to pull all the aggro since I've usually been the only pure int mage there. I'd rather go for speed than efficiency anyway and only hold back when there's a need to.

I've been farming it the past few days on games that people have conveniently cleared the map for me before they gave up. It's probably easier to just buy it which I'm pretty close to doing. Prices have been dropping so I'm waiting for a good deal.

Fyrce
01-03-2011, 04:37 AM
Um, birds in there should be pulling aggro. I hate the no damage/die alot birds, so get away as quickly as possible from those. They're not helping you in OL anyways.

Try to move away from OL when your shield is down or stuff is on cool-down. And of course, stay away from barrels, though they shouldn't be a problem unless everything's on you at the same time. The birds should be rooting the aides. Make sure to lightning those roots and ice the aides. I actually think staying on top of OL works better but you'll have to learn that way of surviving on your own. And max I've ever used on OL, besides when everyone was first learning him, is 3k-4.5k of elixirs. Almost always it's just 1.5k for tank elixir.

While drops aren't great, he isn't too bad about it. It helps to run him and gurg fast I suppose. Considering the number of runs, I'd say TPaxx is stingier on the choice loot, but yep, generally TPaxx doesn't require elixirs.

And of course, bears really help on OL. As tanks.

Riccits
01-03-2011, 09:23 AM
Ayrilana dies in every single AO3 game I am in

jk

And yes overlord does suck. I've seen one megablaster drop (nothing else of worth) in about 150 games so far.

I'm interested in Tpaxx runs though...

strange... in max 10 OLs i always see drop somthing to someone... me dropped like 4 megas and 2 power armors..
tpaxx wasnt so generous... in the first 100 runs gave me nothing... LOL

and OL is possible without pots, but u must have no minimal lag! just use health pots all the time... for me not possible, bcz lag couses freezes of some seconds, there i would die..