PDA

View Full Version : Guild Ranks!!

Stupified
06-13-2014, 04:43 PM
Please add more ranks tha just recruiter or officer. Id like to promote my members without allowing them to invite baddies to my guild. We are pvpist and my members need rank to feel as if theyre progressing in the guild and game.

Even simply adding an initiate type rank would help.

Attack Dog
06-13-2014, 05:08 PM
I agree, make this like a real clan/guild.

Recruit
Corporal
Sergeant
Lieutenant
Captain
General
Deputy Owner
Owner
Clan/Guild wars leader

Having 3 promotable ranks is boring, people that deserve more than recruiter, but didnt quite earn officer.. We need more.
As he said, when you join a guild you expect to be promoted, you advance. I feel when I promote someone to recruiter, that's the only one you can give that is meaningless, I don't want to promote them to officer for a good amount of time. It takes trust to become an officer. If these ranks were active, each person could become what they deserve.

PS: add a system to where you can select a rank that can kick.
Like say I want to make a corporal be able to kick... Like a list.

Also make it so you can set requirements to be able to join, say a maximum level of 6 and minimum of 4.

Serancha
06-13-2014, 05:24 PM
So meaningless ranks to keep people from whining to become officers. Not for me, but maybe those huge "recruit everyone you see" guilds would appreciate it.

Attack Dog
06-13-2014, 05:56 PM
So meaningless ranks to keep people from whining to become officers. Not for me, but maybe those huge "recruit everyone you see" guilds would appreciate it.

This idea would be most effective in pvp guilds. Don't know what you're talking about

Serancha
06-13-2014, 07:49 PM
How would it be useful for pvp? They're just titles.

Schnitzel
06-13-2014, 08:51 PM
I agree, make this like a real clan/guild.

Recruit
Corporal
Sergeant
Lieutenant
Captain
General
Deputy Owner
Owner
Clan/Guild wars leader

What I want as ranks inGame are
Master
2nd in Command
3rd in Command (maybe)

Officers
Recruiters
Members

Attack Dog
06-13-2014, 09:18 PM
What I want as ranks inGame are
Master
2nd in Command
3rd in Command (maybe)

Officers
Recruiters
Members

It'd be
Master
Co-master
Officer

Attack Dog
06-13-2014, 09:22 PM
How would it be useful for pvp? They're just titles.

It's like the military, the highest rank is in command. We need more so people can advance up, if they're is only rec-officer.. It's a trust thing. I don't want to make someone an officer without being able to trust, see if they can command and lead others when I'm not on. Multiple ranks will allow people to show trustworthiness and leadership

Just my opinion, STS rarely takes ideas so I'm not gunna get my hopes up.

GoodSyntax
06-13-2014, 09:40 PM
It would be nice to create groups/divisions within your guild, each with their own /division chat (division chat could be similar to the tell command, i.e., /d Mentors Discovered new strategy in Jagged Trail for non-plat parties). Guild members could belong to one or more divisions.

These are the types of divisions I would find useful:

Probationary: For new recruits or someone who got themselves into trouble (last stop before the boot)
Training: Members currently in training for PvP or Elites
PvP: Members who primarily PvP
Elite: Members that primarily run elite maps
Inner Circle: Inner circle members that are trusted for guild related actions
Mentors: Members who are effective at teaching members in training on the nuances/strategies of PvP or Elite
Merchants: Members of the guild who are merchants or are successful at merching items in game
Recruiters: For members that are recruiters or officers (a form of combined chat that is private from /g)

I could probably think of many more, but you get the idea. I think that this would greatly help communication and structure within the guild.

Attack Dog
06-13-2014, 09:44 PM
It would be nice to create groups/divisions within your guild, each with their own /division chat (division chat could be similar to the tell command, i.e., /d Mentors Discovered new strategy in Jagged Trail for non-plat parties). Guild members could belong to one or more divisions.

These are the types of divisions I would find useful:

Probationary: For new recruits or someone who got themselves into trouble (last stop before the boot)
Training: Members currently in training for PvP or Elites
PvP: Members who primarily PvP
Elite: Members that primarily run elite maps
Inner Circle: Inner circle members that are trusted for guild related actions
Mentors: Members who are effective at teaching members in training on the nuances/strategies of PvP or Elite
Merchants: Members of the guild who are merchants or are successful at merching items in game
Recruiters: For members that are recruiters or officers (a form of combined chat that is private from /g)

I could probably think of many more, but you get the idea. I think that this would greatly help communication and structure within the guild.

You gve me an idea, you should be able to select what your guild is for. If you pick pvp guild, ranks similar to the ones I posted, if you picked PvE, you could promote with different ranks, such as,
Runner
JR. Runner
Senior. Runner
Elite runner

Just some I thought of.

Zylx
06-13-2014, 11:01 PM
I think customizable ranks would be really cool. Instead of having "member" "recruiter" "officer" and "master", you can actually name them to be something else.

Like if your guild-name is medieval-themed, you can make it "sire" "knight" "royal guard" and "king/queen".

Attack Dog
06-13-2014, 11:46 PM
Ya that's cool also. But anything but the way it is now. :)

Serancha
06-14-2014, 02:26 AM
Nobody else finds anything that segregates a group of people into "best" "privileged" "better than others" and "normal riff-raff" to be detremental to the comnunity feeling and the group unit (guild) as a whole? Who wants to join a group when there's 6 levels of people labled "better" than them? It sucks for self-esteem and is fodder for trolling, ridicule and excess drama, all of which we see to much in game already.

The current ranking scheme is based on what is practical from a guild building and management perspective. Anything more would just amount to ego stroking and "progress" that means nothing. If you have so many members you need to title them to figure out who they are, pethaps the guild size should be addressed. Just my opinion.

Xeusx
06-14-2014, 05:37 AM
lol wut, whats the point for having lots of guild ranks? Isnt confuse if there is a lots of guild ranks?
Note: This is like family's tree/ranks, and....even other games dont have lots of guild ranks.
And i have a question:
How long it takes to promote 100-200 members to high guild rank? LOL!

Edit: Have other, How much lag in guild chat when there is a promotion 100-200 members?

Milan Lame Man
06-14-2014, 05:41 AM
It would be nice to create groups/divisions within your guild, each with their own /division chat
Well something like this happened in one of my earlier guilds, and I believe it didn't help anything, as Serancha says.
1. I surely don't mind some merching tips even if I run elites primarily.
2. If guild chat is quiet, I always suspect there's a lot of traffic in /o. Maybe it's not, but you never know. The feeling of being left out is not very nice. More division=more quietness=more loneliness.

One exception is PvP chat overflow into /g, but PvP team chat has been requested many times already, so I just support that one.

Having that said, I can imagine 6 ranks (probably only useful in large newbie guilds though)
Jailed - cannot talk in /g
Recruiter
Supervisor - can promote members from jail to member and demote from recruiter or member to jail
Officer - should be able to promote members to recruiters IMHO
Master