PDA

View Full Version : about samael

Reminisced
06-14-2014, 12:02 AM
Remove the chance to kill arcane ability of samael and replace it by boost stats :-)

Stupified
06-14-2014, 06:13 AM
Dream on rogueling.. you're the sickest 13 rogue as is. No more toys for Remi pls

Xeusx
06-14-2014, 06:57 AM
Please do not troll.

Attack Dog
06-14-2014, 07:05 AM
Please do not troll.

This

Reminisced
06-15-2014, 12:34 AM
Im not trolling im just suggesting because im an op rogue and i wanna be more op

Madnex
06-15-2014, 01:12 AM
I have a counter-suggestion: Remove Samael from the game.

Boom, it now takes skill to kill stuff.

Reminisced
06-15-2014, 05:18 AM
Remore your azz dawg

Bless
06-15-2014, 06:15 AM
Im not trolling im just suggesting because im an op rogue and i wanna be more op ...

Xeusx
06-15-2014, 06:26 AM
Remore your azz dawg
Wth? Are u trolling? Look, u are not the boss, we all are same people.

Bless
06-15-2014, 06:42 AM
Remore your azz dawg
Wth? Are u trolling? Look, u are not the boss, we all are same people. We aren't all the same!

Xeusx
06-15-2014, 06:46 AM
We aren't all the same!
Then why we aren't all the same? Lol XD

Stupified
06-15-2014, 01:46 PM
I like turtles

Kakashis
06-15-2014, 01:52 PM
Lol, that defeats the purpose of Sam! Go buy Singe if you want stat boost. Sam is the greatest trash mob killing machine!

Crowsfoot
06-15-2014, 10:41 PM
I have a counter-suggestion: Remove Samael from the game.

Boom, it now takes skill to kill stuff.
Let's remove parking too (point made). You can't take something away (like banish) and expect the public to take it lightly. Pardon the nature of the analogy, but a prime example is prohibition.

Reminisced
06-16-2014, 04:53 PM
I like turtles too

Madnex
06-19-2014, 05:45 PM
Let's remove parking too (point made). You can't take something away (like banish) and expect the public to take it lightly. Pardon the nature of the analogy, but a prime example is prohibition.
Alright, go ahead and do away with parking --Carapace mentioned they're aiming to do something about it in a future patch already.

Personally I'll adapt, lol. But, if you remove parking which basically allows non plat spenders to make a little gold out of the already overfarmed elites (mainly blaming spamming stun-pet AA on the bosses) then you better reset those LB's timed runs for the last two campaigns while you're at it. Because it's common secret what happened at the runs, especially on bosses.

I did not suggest Banish itself as an ability to be fixed - I suggested removing or nerfing the most needlessly overpowered pet in the game. It's not just the +12 critical rate and 10% damage without HP loss, it's also the passive constant HP/MP regen, the passive terrify chance, the AoE toxin spread and AoE snare. No pet should be this potent - it just destroys diversity.

Seriously, Samael has, is and will continue to plague both PvP and PvE. In PvP the negative effect is smaller now that finally, pet spamming was removed but having the vast majority of "good" (good equaling geared) PvP players owning one was certainly not intended when Samael stats were designed as a one in a million locked chest drop. Now everyone and their grandma have one, resulting to clashes where 30% of the outcome is based on pure chance if and which Samaels stun.

In PvE, Banishment is so powerful that instead of being implemented as a tool in strategies, it has strategies develop around it! Again, especially pre-petspam fix I'd casually see timed run record holders pet spam (moderately) at certain spots. Heck, I still hear some of them joking about how they have to adjust to actually fighting now lol. Was it efficient? Hell yeah it was. Was it fun? No, not it wasn't.

TL; DR:

Samael is too OP.
Fix the damn LB's.

Crowsfoot
06-19-2014, 07:14 PM
Alright, go ahead and do away with parking --Carapace mentioned they're aiming to do something about it in a future patch already.

Personally I'll adapt, lol. But, if you remove parking which basically allows non plat spenders to make a little gold out of the already overfarmed elites (mainly blaming spamming stun-pet AA on the bosses) then you better reset those LB's timed runs for the last two campaigns while you're at it. Because it's common secret what happened at the runs, especially on bosses.

I did not suggest Banish itself as an ability to be fixed - I suggested removing or nerfing the most needlessly overpowered pet in the game. It's not just the +12 critical rate and 10% damage without HP loss, it's also the passive constant HP/MP regen, the passive terrify chance, the AoE toxin spread and AoE snare. No pet should be this potent - it just destroys diversity.

Seriously, Samael has, is and will continue to plague both PvP and PvE. In PvP the negative effect is smaller now that finally, pet spamming was removed but having the vast majority of "good" (good equaling geared) PvP players owning one was certainly not intended when Samael stats were designed as a one in a million locked chest drop. Now everyone and their grandma have one, resulting to clashes where 30% of the outcome is based on pure chance if and which Samaels stun.

In PvE, Banishment is so powerful that instead of being implemented as a tool in strategies, it has strategies develop around it! Again, especially pre-petspam fix I'd casually see timed run record holders pet spam (moderately) at certain spots. Heck, I still hear some of them joking about how they have to adjust to actually fighting now lol. Was it efficient? Hell yeah it was. Was it fun? No, not it wasn't.

TL; DR:

Samael is too OP.
Fix the damn LB's.

1) Pet spamming was finally fixed (about damn time).

2) I would like to see parking removed.
-LBs should be reset if it is.

3) Samael's passive HP/mana return needs to be nerfed or be capped off. It is ridiculous. He has other OP features, but banish should not be removed nor should the terrify in AA.

4) Making the hardest mobs unbanishable solved many of Samael's OP features in elite. This said, I don't think that komodos should be immune to stunning.

Madnex
06-21-2014, 01:46 PM
1) Pet spamming was finally fixed (about damn time).

2) I would like to see parking removed.
-LBs should be reset if it is.

3) Samael's passive HP/mana return needs to be nerfed or be capped off. It is ridiculous. He has other OP features, but banish should not be removed nor should the terrify in AA.

4) Making the hardest mobs unbanishable solved many of Samael's OP features in elite. This said, I don't think that komodos should be immune to stunning.
1)The pet spamming fix was perfect, the skill-swapping one not as much. But hey, it's something.

2)Agreed. I've invested a lot of time in mastering pulls and parks but I am not opposed to parking being removed and LB times being reset. It's a much needed measure if STS doesn't want us to be staring at the same run times until new arcane gear or three caps later.

3)Don't remove it, make it 5% like Grimm's. That way it becomes a perk of using Samael instead of defining the pet itself. And yeah, the regens are the unnecessarily OP part I was talking about.

4)Nothing is completely immune to stuns anywhere in game. Komodos for example can still be stunned by weapon procs like the maul or pavise one. Serpents/Salamanders can be panicked/terrified as well. For everything else, well, there's time shift lol.

Crowsfoot
06-21-2014, 05:22 PM
1)The pet spamming fix was perfect, the skill-swapping one not as much. But hey, it's something.

2)Agreed. I've invested a lot of time in mastering pulls and parks but I am not opposed to parking being removed and LB times being reset. It's a much needed measure if STS doesn't want us to be staring at the same run times until new arcane gear or three caps later.

3)Don't remove it, make it 5% like Grimm's. That way it becomes a perk of using Samael instead of defining the pet itself. And yeah, the regens are the unnecessarily OP part I was talking about.

4)Nothing is completely immune to stuns anywhere in game. Komodos for example can still be stunned by weapon procs like the maul or pavise one. Serpents/Salamanders can be panicked/terrified as well. For everything else, well, there's time shift lol.
1-2 settled.

3) I don't want to see Samael's banish nerfed. If that and the stun were his strongest attributes, he'd be fine by me. 10% really isn't that OP and I'm lucky if he banishes anything at all in a run (usually no mor than 3 mobs get banished). I only agree that his passive heal and possibly terrify in theassive should be nerfed.

4) You can't expect everyone to run with a maul or pavise. That is entirely unreasonable. A skill (only need one) that can stun the komodos is all I ask. Parking should be removed first since runs will become too fast.

My problems with parking (for those interested):
-Makes maps easier and thus faster which leads to over harvesting and drops dimininishing in value faster.
-Maps become too easy and thus boring for me as the tank.
-Allows the hardest portions of maps to be skipped which defeats the purpose of STS designing that part of the map.
-In an able party, hard core pulls are usually faster yet everyone uses parking as a crutch.
-you waste a lot of time standing around which is boring.