PDA

View Full Version : stg learend something ,they said

Eski
06-14-2014, 06:40 AM
I think im not the only one who thinks that the energy balls system destroys the fun of AL ,i saw many threads of persons who think the same...

Sam Hayne said stg learnd a lot from that goblin event :

Verry funny.. you didnt learn anything ,i know you need to make money for the upcomming events / expansions BUT keeping that system is the worst idea you ever had.

Add something different to make money ...

We are the customer,without us theres no you!

Attack Dog
06-14-2014, 06:42 AM
Ok? Why post this, most of us seen that post.
BTW I thanked you to give you your 200th :).

epicrrr
06-14-2014, 06:53 AM
We shouldn't undermine and make STS question their judgement too much, we are using their platform a game we really enjoy at the end of the day its them calling all the shots, and so far their decision has been somewhat good to the overall community not just a select few.

Attack Dog
06-14-2014, 06:58 AM
We shouldn't undermine and make STS question their judgement too much, we are using their platform a game we really enjoy at the end of the day its them calling all the shots, and so far their decision has been somewhat good to the overall community not just a select few.

Well said, but he isn't undermining them, he is just giving his feedback, even though it might not be all that positive. STS says they love feedback.

Samhayne
06-14-2014, 07:00 AM
As I replied to your first post to this effect, we haven't yet released the additional details of how the event will be refined. We want to take the time to implement and play it internally. More details to come. Thanks for your patience.

Milan Lame Man
06-14-2014, 07:25 AM
I think most of the disappointment comes from the expectations that it will take over the game's life.
The event could have been presented as something "that is running in the background", while you play the game as usual, and visit a special map a few times a day.
Imagine an event running at all times, Thursday to Tuesday (perhaps the next or the other Tuesday), 2 days for cooldown, and on Thursday another event immediately starts.
It's not like everything stops and everyone is running the event map to death, it's just an addition, akin to daily quests.

If the event was presented in this manner, maybe the amount of disappointment would be way smaller.
Obviously, adding limited gear and leaderboard rewards made this relaxed approach impossible. But perhaps that is the approach STS should have taken.

Jonnymaynard
06-14-2014, 08:23 AM
If they let energy drop from normal bosses ( at the same rate as tarlok portals spawned after bosskill) it would be fine..
Its the only way to not loose ur playerbase ( free or less spending players). Or just let us enter the random spawned portals for free.
Come on sts u will make enough money with lockeds and kits anyways ;) im sure u guys dont want that half of the AL pupulation
rage quit this game just because they could only play new content 3 times a day or pay for it :)

Attack Dog
06-14-2014, 08:44 AM
^^^ haha.

deadcobain
06-14-2014, 08:52 AM
If they let energy drop from normal bosses ( at the same rate as tarlok portals spawned after bosskill) it would be fine..
Its the only way to not loose ur playerbase ( free or less spending players). Or just let us enter the random spawned portals for free.
Come on sts u will make enough money with lockeds and kits anyways ;) im sure u guys dont want that half of the AL pupulation
rage quit this game just because they could only play new content 3 times a day or pay for it :)
only sts will know the true amount of negative feedback. I imagine the forum is a small percentage of players and that the whole thing is judged on actual logins and time spent logged in.

ain't got no how whatchamacallit (kurt cobain)

Keshav Agarwal
06-14-2014, 08:55 AM
i think u r complaining about using energy to enter the map
one of the dev or mods already said something like
cost of weapons and all will not go down as u can only go 3 times in a day or something like that
and btw in all other MMO's i played mods used to close these type of threads

PS-was half asleep while wrote this many mistakes might be there

Kakashis
06-14-2014, 09:17 AM
I too hate the energy system and choose to play it the free method. Just because I have the means doesn't mean I want to pay to have fun at on an event. I'll give STS the benefit of the doubt that it'll be improved and try it out before I knock it. All I can say was that I was standing around doing nothing during goblin event and if that's what I'll end up doing during this event again, I'll be fairly upset.

fourleaf
06-14-2014, 09:32 AM
Just because they learned something doesn't mean they are going to cater every event exactly to your liking.
Sam already explained the energy

And clearly the largest customers on the LB didn't have an overwhelming problem with the energy system.

Eski
06-14-2014, 09:49 AM
Just because they learned something doesn't mean they are going to cater every event exactly to your liking.
Sam already explained the energy

And clearly the largest customers on the LB didn't have an overwhelming problem with the energy system.
1st .they just said that this system will be in the next event
2nd. Ofc they dont have a prob .. cause their spend extremly high amounts of plat ..
But what do you think for how long? A week? A month? For a pet and a arcane shard?
Those 10-20 ppl wont do that for long..

utpal
06-14-2014, 09:51 AM
I was thinking to buy 6GB 3g internet for ursoth event but it seems like farming will be limited. haha. so I will buy 1GB 3g internet then.
already wasted 600-700k in goblin event with not much profit.
I hope ursth event bosses gives high amount of tokens.

Eski
06-14-2014, 09:52 AM
Btw im a plat spender too .. and it was a lot..

Jonnymaynard
06-14-2014, 11:03 AM
only sts will know the true amount of negative feedback. I imagine the forum is a small percentage of players and that the whole thing is judged on actual logins and time spent logged in.

ain't got no how whatchamacallit (kurt cobain)

I can only speak of the amount of negative feedback from german players .. and its huge... forumer or not

Reunegade
06-14-2014, 12:47 PM
Guys, like Sam said they will refine their system. Just because energy is coming back, does not mean it is coming back in the same way. It is too early to judge the event, especially since there are such minute details given.

Eski
06-14-2014, 02:11 PM
I dont judge the event.. i judge the energy system.. its not good

fourleaf
06-14-2014, 02:21 PM
1st .they just said that this system will be in the next event
2nd. Ofc they dont have a prob .. cause their spend extremly high amounts of plat ..
But what do you think for how long? A week? A month? For a pet and a arcane shard?
Those 10-20 ppl wont do that for long..
It will be part of the next event, it's part of their new event system to maintain item rarity
There were far more than 20 players who willing paid plat for this event, I bought energy with plat, not to the extent the LB players did, but it isn't that unpopular of an option.

They have everyone enough energy to get the gold tier reward without spending any money, that's like going to a restaurant an getting a basic meal for free. Would you not expect people who actually pay to receive more?

As long as there's a competition for these events people, not always the same ones, are going to spend to try to make it to the top.
I think the event system is a great success and would like to see it implemented into the other games.
The only feature I think it lacked was like a global goal, where together you would have to slay like 10 million goblins, similar to what they have done in Pocket Legends, Star Legends, and Dark Legends.

It's a whole new feature so if you don't like it you can still play the rest of the game. It's not like they changed any of that.

Mihu
06-14-2014, 03:10 PM
Energy system is good and guess why? It keeps prices high and farming worth it for longer time, if you didnt get much profit during goblin event it means that you didnt farm during the right time and enough. Personally i like energy system a lot, i tripled my money during the event (i bought kits with gold, i stopped farming when price of gyrm went to 400k, i had ~8500 points) just saying i made about as much money in 2-3 days than in 6months...GJ STS

basketholic209
06-14-2014, 04:47 PM
Energy system is good and guess why? It keeps prices high and farming worth it for longer time, if you didnt get much profit during goblin event it means that you didnt farm during the right time and enough. Personally i like energy system a lot, i tripled my money during the event (i bought kits with gold, i stopped farming when price of gyrm went to 400k, i had ~8500 points) just saying i made about as much money in 2-3 days than in 6months...GJ STS
Okay, let's just say that everyone follows your way, which means that every loot price drops faster. Gyrm went to 400k in day 3 or 4. It means that the best loot in Ursoth's Assault will drop its price (until it becomes unprofitable to farm) ridiculously faster. So, what will you expect us to do for the remaining 2 and a half weeks?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Twomucho
06-14-2014, 05:32 PM
Okay, let's just say that everyone follows your way, which means that every loot price drops faster. Gyrm went to 400k in day 3 or 4. It means that the best loot in Ursoth's Assault will drop its price (until it becomes unprofitable to farm) ridiculously faster. So, what will you expect us to do for the remaining 2 and a half weeks?

I with basket on this one, not gonna spend plat or gold on anything that doesn't give a good chance at profit..and the lb is unattainable so where is the inspiration if the loot is falling faster in price than it sells..keeping people out of the event by charging admission everytime is not a fix it seems more like a recipe for failure..when the free players quit then the ones who spend time and/or plat will have no one to sell to anymore, basic formula of supply and demand, a fix is not to make the loot drop less but to keep the player base and consumer buying big enough to keep up with the economy...not lower all the loot drops or how many people get the chance to have loot drop bc there are not enough people participating in game....when has any big supply store( Wally World)said they would stock there shelves with less bc the customer base is dwindling? None bc if they see customer base fallin they have sales and advertise great deals to get the people back..not lock the door behind the few they know are goin to spend regardless..just my personal opinion...I do love this game and will wait to pass judgment on the event until after I see what it's about..also thanks sts for everything you guys do and hope that we as a community and devs scan come together to keep this game goin in the right direction and not get ahead of ourselves too much

Eski
06-15-2014, 01:22 AM
I with basket on this one, not gonna spend plat or gold on anything that doesn't give a good chance at profit..and the lb is unattainable so where is the inspiration if the loot is falling faster in price than it sells..keeping people out of the event by charging admission everytime is not a fix it seems more like a recipe for failure..when the free players quit then the ones who spend time and/or plat will have no one to sell to anymore, basic formula of supply and demand, a fix is not to make the loot drop less but to keep the player base and consumer buying big enough to keep up with the economy...not lower all the loot drops or how many people get the chance to have loot drop bc there are not enough people participating in game....when has any big supply store( Wally World)said they would stock there shelves with less bc the customer base is dwindling? None bc if they see customer base fallin they have sales and advertise great deals to get the people back..not lock the door behind the few they know are goin to spend regardless..just my personal opinion...I do love this game and will wait to pass judgment on the event until after I see what it's about..also thanks sts for everything you guys do and hope that we as a community and devs scan come together to keep this game goin in the right direction and not get ahead of ourselves too much
Well said

utpal
06-15-2014, 01:46 AM

8.5k points wow. I guess u spent 5m buying elixir kits and energy.
bt wat if ppl has no gold to buy even energy kits.
also they have no luck getting gyrm?
not everyone is lucky like u or rich.

Eski
06-15-2014, 01:55 AM
And there is the point .. the difference between a big spender and a non plat player is way to big

alexdroog
06-15-2014, 02:10 AM
I don't see a chance that the energy system enhances the fun factor of the game.

Instanthumor
06-15-2014, 03:19 AM
I dont judge the event.. i judge the energy system.. its not good

Logic.

Mihu
06-15-2014, 05:18 AM
8.5k points wow. I guess u spent 5m buying elixir kits and energy.
bt wat if ppl has no gold to buy even energy kits.
also they have no luck getting gyrm?
not everyone is lucky like u or rich.

Im not rich.. i hav farmed km3 a lot so i had few mils before event.. everyone have to do that if they wana play al without plat

Eski
06-15-2014, 06:48 AM
If everyone runs km 3 the locked price would be lower than now.. way lower..
Back to the topic

Smokiii
06-15-2014, 06:54 AM
Im not rich.. i hav farmed km3 a lot so i had few mils before event.. everyone have to do that if they wana play al without plat

So you wanna spend the hard farmed gold for nothing? :D Then have fun! And i want to see how you farm 20-50million in km3. :) Without that much gold you have no chance to reach the top!

Mihu
06-15-2014, 07:20 AM
Im not interested in reaching *top* i like to sleep at nights. I took a risk by farming event and it was worth it. Lol 20-50m in km3, i quit that already, nowadays i farm elites.

Smokiii
06-15-2014, 07:35 AM
That means you farmed 2500-6000 locked? :D i really wanna see that haha!

Mihu
06-15-2014, 07:43 AM
2600-6000 lmao , tell me how did you calculate that?????:D

Smokiii
06-15-2014, 10:52 AM
25m gold= 2641 locked, if you sell each for 8500g

Mihu
06-15-2014, 02:55 PM
Idk whats ur point... i hav under 10m gold...and i will never be so desperate that i would sell locks for 8500...

Eski
06-15-2014, 02:58 PM
Idk whats ur both problem.. its a thread about the energy system...

Mihu
06-15-2014, 03:13 PM

Well i think that there will be much more different kind of stuff in the next event than in goblin event. Which means prices dont go down so fast :-) and also i personally will farm spirit chests a lot in hope that i loot new bow:) meanwhile i get tokens and i will buy new vanities, eggs etc with them. Depending on their value i might get my kit golds back with tokens. I might be wrong but i think that fun will last much longer during ursoths assault event:)

LordDravek
06-15-2014, 04:05 PM
I really don't care what sts changes, as long as they keep it fun. When the financial toll outweighs the fun, I'm pretty certain it'll be go time. This last event was a great trial. Im only hoping they learned that people will pay hundreds to stay on top of the game... but do the gains outweigh the losses? plenty of games lean towards this money dumping technique, make a few dollars, lose thousands of players, and then go right down the tube as another "this use to be great".

I didn't dump anything into this event because it came down to "who's the richer player(s)". I saw that coming before it began... but I'm not all about being #1 as much as enjoying the game with guildies and friends... so. no big deal.

As long as you keep a game fun, and balance the "pay to play", I'll continue to enjoy it.

Jonnymaynard
06-15-2014, 04:11 PM
I really don't care what sts changes, as long as they keep it fun. When the financial toll outweighs the fun, I'm pretty certain it'll be go time. This last event was a great trial. Im only hoping they learned that people will pay hundreds to stay on top of the game... but do the gains outweigh the losses? plenty of games lean towards this money dumping technique, make a few dollars, lose thousands of players, and then go right down the tube as another "this use to be great".

I didn't dump anything into this event because it came down to "who's the richer player(s)". I saw that coming before it began... but I'm not all about being #1 as much as enjoying the game with guildies and friends... so. no big deal.

As long as you keep a game fun, and balance the "pay to play", I'll continue to enjoy it.

your words in sts ears tho .... :D

Majorlegion
06-15-2014, 09:14 PM

AHMEN preach it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Attack Dog
06-15-2014, 09:25 PM
Close this thread lol

Back
06-16-2014, 04:08 AM
They have everyone enough energy to get the gold tier reward without spending any money, that's like going to a restaurant an getting a basic meal for free. Would you not expect people who actually pay to receive more?

and what's the point of reaching "Gold Tier" with no rewards in it?