PDA

View Full Version : Serious lag...

Commander Crispy
06-14-2014, 07:59 AM
Ok, for the last 2 days, all spacetime games (Battle command, battle dragons & arcane battlegrounds) that I play have been doing what I consider to be major lag.

Now, when I click and hold to release troops in battle I'll get 4 out then it kinda freezes/lags and then it jumps to 8 or 9 out then 13 or 14 out etc... basically its not running smooth like it did a few days ago. It also skips/lags when im recruitng troops. If I click n hold to fill up the que. When I tap and hold on a soldier/dragon to add to my dojo/barrack to build it will go, 1 2 3 4 freeze 8 9 10 11 freeze 15 16 17 18 freeze and so on as im adding troops.

The actual gameplay is smooth and everything is fine when I'm not deploying troops in battle but if im deploying, whatever is going on in the battlefield lags n freezes for a second then resumes, freezes and resumes until I stop deploying or adding troops.

I have to add, 2 days ago I had an operating system update for my samsung galaxy note 2 and ever since then its been doing what I stated above. I tested this in other similar games of the same size and memory/ram use but they all run smooth. I cleared my cache, made sure the storage wasn't full, deleted unnecessary apps and so forth. I believe its something to do with my latest update not being as friendly with spacetime games or something.

I'm currently running on Android 4.4.2

I hope this is all understandable. If you are experiencing similar issues please post here.

Any ideas, devs or other players?

laido208
06-14-2014, 11:07 AM
Ok, for the last 2 days, all spacetime games (Battle command, battle dragons & arcane battlegrounds) that I play have been doing what I consider to be major lag.

Now, when I click and hold to release troops in battle I'll get 4 out then it kinda freezes/lags and then it jumps to 8 or 9 out then 13 or 14 out etc... basically its not running smooth like it did a few days ago. It also skips/lags when im recruitng troops. If I click n hold to fill up the que. When I tap and hold on a soldier/dragon to add to my dojo/barrack to build it will go, 1 2 3 4 freeze 8 9 10 11 freeze 15 16 17 18 freeze and so on as im adding troops.

The actual gameplay is smooth and everything is fine when I'm not deploying troops in battle but if im deploying, whatever is going on in the battlefield lags n freezes for a second then resumes, freezes and resumes until I stop deploying or adding troops.

I have to add, 2 days ago I had an operating system update for my samsung galaxy note 2 and ever since then its been doing what I stated above. I tested this in other similar games of the same size and memory/ram use but they all run smooth. I cleared my cache, made sure the storage wasn't full, deleted unnecessary apps and so forth. I believe its something to do with my latest update not being as friendly with spacetime games or something.

I'm currently running on Android 4.4.2

I hope this is all understandable. If you are experiencing similar issues please post here.

Any ideas, devs or other players?
I still find it normal activities ... you try to log in using another phone to find out a solution.

Commander Crispy
06-14-2014, 03:46 PM
I still find it normal activities ... you try to log in using another phone to find out a solution.

What?

jimste1
06-14-2014, 06:47 PM
i've got the same problem only on galaxy s5.. however sometimes it worked for me to restart the mobile

Commander Crispy
06-17-2014, 12:08 AM
Problem solved. After contacting samsung support I was infomed that this is a common problem with android os updates. All I had to do was uninstall and reinstall all apps that were crashing. After I made this post other apps started crashing and/or freezing up.

Apparently, when a new android os update takes place some apps still try to run, or at least search for or think they are running, on the previous os version. This caused what I described in the original post. Hope this helps anyone with similar issues.

Also, I did not lose my bases or stats in the spacetime games, in case you were wondering.

G-M
06-17-2014, 02:12 PM
Thanks for reporting back on that Commander Crispy! Glad you were able to get that problem resolved.