PDA

View Full Version : VIOLENTSAINT'S LVL 35 BATTLEMAGE / PALADIN BUILD (FROM LVL 30-35) :cool:

Violentsaint
05-09-2010, 11:47 PM
WOW 1000 views, i didnt expect this kind of reaction, i have updated stats and gear due to popularity of the thread, check it out! =D

Before i start i would just like to say that my build was the same as pixxies build all the way to lvl 30, which in itself is a legendary build which i DO NOT wish to take credit for. this build is just how I decided to spend my points from lvl 30-35 after ancient swamps was released.

UPDATE: it would seem pixxie does not play anymore so i guess i am the first paladin that still plays pocket legends =D

Click here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3332-Violentsaint-s-lvl-35-battlemage-paladin-build-(from-lvl-35-40)) to view my lvl 40 build

LVL 45 BUILD OUT NOW!!! click here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?6945-Violentsaint-s-battlemage-paladin-build-(from-lvl-40-45)&p=69427#post69427)

BASE Attributes
strength 103
dexterity 70
intelligence 7

SKILLS- Exactly the same as Gigahertz's skill recommendations (refer to pixxies str build thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?651-NEW-Build!-95-STR-Enchantress-Offtank-Battle-Mage-AoE-Heals-omg!)) but with lvl 5 life drain (comes in handy as it usually fully heals me and does alot of single target damage)

NOTE:
this build requires alot of potion use due to lack of mana regen, make sure you have lots of gold if your gonna respec :P

Unbuffed stats are 117 str, 70 dex, 7 int, 114 hit, 12 crit, 18 dodge, 258 health, 17H/s, 304 mana, mana regen 0, damage 58-62, DPS 71!, armor 87!

BUFFED!!
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af172/violentsaint321/buffed.jpg

ITEMS (new gear, all pinks)

HELM - lvl 34, req 105 str
Bullfrog Helm of Legend
7 str, 2H/s, 7 armor

SWORD - lvl 35, req 108 str
Flaming sword of Legend (buy with plat)
+ chance of additional fire damage!
39-43 damage, 0.9 speed, 7 str, 2 H/s

ARMOR - lvl 35, req 112 str
Zombies Croc Scale Plate
7% dodge, 5H/s, 49 armor

SHEILD - lvl 35, req 112 str
Zombies Saintly Shield
7% dodge, 5H/s , 19 armor

Feel free to comment, id love some feedback :)

P.S the : cool : in the thread title was a failed attempt at inserting this smilie :cool:

Splurd
05-10-2010, 12:15 AM
I have some comments, but before that could you post the stat requirements for your equipment? (no need for pics, I just want to know how much str they require)

Violentsaint
05-10-2010, 12:21 AM
Ok ive edited now with stat and lvl requirments, also when i unequipped all my armour i found that my str was 103 and my bullfrog helm req were 105 str, i simply used blessing of might to increase my str from 103 to to 108 then put the bullfrog helm on which gives +3 str so when my blessing of might ran out my str was 106 and i was able to accualy wear the bullfrog helm because it gave me enough str to use it permanently. :P

e.g base str 103 + Blessing of might = 108 (you can equip both the bullfrog helm and the flaming sword of legend which permanently give you the str req to equip your armor and sheild)

Splurd
05-10-2010, 12:37 AM
Yes, I was thinking of using that to get more stats.
Basically you should only add str for the equipment, as it gives a very minimal benefit to hp.

Looking at items, highest req is 112 str

add str to 100 str, use bless, get 105 str. Wear bullfrog helm +3 str = 108
108 str, You can now use your sword, gives +7 str, now 115 str
allows you to wear armour and sheild.

If you want to get even more stats,
find a lower lvl armour or shield which adds +str with less Str requirements. Wear this to boost your str. Then you can have less then 100 str.

and add 4 int for that 1m/s.
the 1m/s is much more worth it then adding 4 dex. lol

Violentsaint
05-10-2010, 12:44 AM
Yes, I was thinking of using that to get more stats.
Basically you should only add str for the equipment, as it gives a very minimal benefit to hp.

Looking at items, highest req is 112 str

add str to 100 str, use bless, get 105 str. Wear bullfrog helm +3 str = 108
108 str, You can now use your sword, gives +7 str, now 115 str
allows you to wear armour and sheild.

If you want to get even more stats,
find a lower lvl armour or shield which adds +str with less Str requirements. Wear this to boost your str. Then you can have less then 100 str.

and add 4 int for that 1m/s.
the 1m/s is much more worth it then adding 4 dex. lol

thats a good point! i would be able to do it with 100 str.

i thought you get 1m/s every 50 levels of intelligence (read somewere in forums), if im correct then adding another 4 points to int wouldnt do anything, you'd still have zero mana regen.

Splurd
05-10-2010, 12:53 AM
thats a good point! i would be able to do it with 100 str.

i thought you get 1m/s every 50 levels of intelligence (read somewere in forums), if im correct then adding another 4 points to int wouldnt do anything, you'd still have zero mana regen.

um no. You get m/s at specific levels.

for example, 11 int will give you 1m/s. This is the magic number for mages and archers (bears is 16)
however, if you use 10int, and wear a item that gives 1m/s, you will get 2m/s (1 from the 10 int, 1 from the item)

its a strange process, dont know how the game calculates it. But I assure you as a mage, you get 1m/s at 11 int.

You can look at this (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?645-EXPLAINED-Intelligence-vs-Stats-Increase-%28with-GRAPHS%29)thread for more info.

Violentsaint
05-10-2010, 01:05 AM
oh... well if i knew that i would have put 11 points in int so i could have 1m/s

guess the only way ill get 1/ms now is if i find warrior armor that gives it...

now im just pissed at the fool that posted that you get 1m/s for every 50 points u dump in intell.

thanks for linking the thread explaining intell, if that was posted before i respec'd, i wouldnt be in this mess :P

theheavenlyone
05-10-2010, 05:07 AM
how come whenever i equi a helm it does not appear in the pic

Royce
05-10-2010, 05:50 AM
how come whenever i equi a helm it does not appear in the pic
Helmets aren't ever shown at all. It bothers me too.

As for M/s, you get 1 at 11 Int, 2 at 60 Int, 3 at 111 Int, and 4 at 161 Int. So it's first one at 11 and then another every 50 or so Int. I have read several posts saying you get one every 60 and I don't know why people see fit to post such nonsense. Maybe that was how it used to work or something.

Violentsaint
05-10-2010, 07:08 AM
Helmets aren't ever shown at all. It bothers me too.

As for M/s, you get 1 at 11 Int, 2 at 60 Int, 3 at 111 Int, and 4 at 161 Int. So it's first one at 11 and then another every 50 or so Int. I have read several posts saying you get one every 60 and I don't know why people see fit to post such nonsense. Maybe that was how it used to work or something.

thanks for the usefull info royce, next campaign ill put 4 points in intell :)

Violentsaint
06-11-2010, 07:03 AM
bump thread

ive updated my post with my new gear and stats due to popularity of this thread and the amount of friend request i get saying "i read your paladin build post, im a paladin too now!" =D

815 views.. wow haha

Kingofthebear
06-11-2010, 07:39 AM
Nice to see your sporting that sword you always wanted (well, at least one better than Blood)!

You should post a screenshot of you when you're buffed (if you weren't already in your first post). I figure "full strength" is the right way to display something you've worked so hard on, and buffs are such a key component when dealing with hybrids.

Relis
06-11-2010, 12:02 PM
So have you tried pvp with this build? If so how does it go?

Violentsaint
06-11-2010, 06:33 PM
So have you tried pvp with this build? If so how does it go?

mana regen really kills you in pvp, you can unload a million spells and own one enemy, but once your out of mana, your basicly screwed haha (cant use pots)

i dont really play pvp with this character :P

and at king of the bear ill post screenshot of me buffed :P

EDIT: posted screenie of me buffed, check it out :P

Away
06-12-2010, 12:37 AM
Just a question: Do paladins have higher DPS than a dagger wielding enchantress?

Violentsaint
06-12-2010, 02:30 AM
Just a question: Do paladins have higher DPS than a dagger wielding enchantress?

not sure, never made dagger enchantress

im guessing paladins have more armor so they can tank and stuff, daggers are dex req right?

Away
06-12-2010, 02:35 AM
not sure, never made dagger enchantress

im guessing paladins have more armor so they can tank and stuff, daggers are dex req right?

Yep.
I might consider this build, but i'm just worried about the "expensive" part.

Violentsaint
06-12-2010, 05:08 AM
yer its a good idea to join a supportive guild or a few friends that can give you mana pots whenever you run out, or you can make an alt to goldfarm with and get a trusted friend to help you trade money across

Away
06-12-2010, 05:48 AM
yer its a good idea to join a supportive guild or a few friends that can give you mana pots whenever you run out, or you can make an alt to goldfarm with and get a trusted friend to help you trade money across

Is goldfarming just rushing through maps for gold?

Barbamitsos
06-12-2010, 07:57 AM
Goldfarmin is cool... I can make 5k in 10 mins :)

Violentsaint
06-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Is goldfarming just rushing through maps for gold?

Basicly, run through fathom crypts mega maze, lost expansion or the new skeller krunch campaign

Dizko
06-13-2010, 10:51 PM
Violent, I have a lvl 20 Enchantress and am thinking going Pally.

I just bought a shield, sword, and mail for my warrior, all of which give 5m/s each. Was thinking this might be good to use on my enchantress for a paladin build.

What are your thoughts? Do you foresee any problems?

Kirei
06-13-2010, 11:18 PM
dude i have been a pally since long before 1.2 and let me tell you, the gear of Thoth, is a god send. it is the most perfect thing for me. i have full Thoth and i spam spells and cant seem to run out of mana :)

Esus
06-14-2010, 12:49 AM
I just got the full Thoth set for strenght builds and my pally is my new FN favorite character to play. You don't even really need to invest in int, seeing as how alomost each Thoth piece grants 7 to int plus the regen is freaking wicked. I'd say to go with a basic strength of 127 and the rest into dex for hit chance, crit, dodge, and that lil extra damage provided. The only real tough question is whether to use the Pharohs Thoth sword or D'jin spear of Thoth. I have both and i'm alway switching between the two, but I've been using the spear more offten due to it's break armor proc.

Rebel
06-14-2010, 12:55 AM
I just got the full Thoth set for strenght builds and my pally is my new FN favorite character to play. You don't even really need to invest in int, seeing as how alomost each Thoth piece grants 7 to int plus the regen is freaking wicked. I'd say to go with a basic strength of 127 and the rest into dex for hit chance, crit, dodge, and that lil extra damage provided. The only real tough question is whether to use the Pharohs Thoth sword or D'jin spear of Thoth. I have both and i'm alway switching between the two, but I've been using the spear more offten due to it's break armor proc.

True That! We tested out the spear and it seemed to do much better than the sword.

Violentsaint
06-14-2010, 03:22 AM
break armor proc!!! ive been trying to get my hands on the sword but im thinking i might get the spear instead if its got break armor proc.

id really apprieciate any help geting either a spear or sword of thoth as im all geared up and i just need a weapon before i can join the big boys in pvp.

you guys might beat me now cos ive only got 16m/s but once i get sword/spear ill have 21m/s plus over 2 months experience of playing pally build. id look out for me guys =D

Inching
06-14-2010, 04:04 AM
I have the spear for you. Look me up to get it.

Violentsaint
06-14-2010, 04:05 AM
i just got the sword for free off mystical dream, i had to respec cos my str was only 124 without my legend sword and all my armor unequiped haha! so now i have 67 dex instead of 70. i kept my skills the same because they rock!

im just wondering, is spear or sword better?

Violentsaint
06-14-2010, 05:30 AM

just got the spear, were does it say it has break armor proc? it just says "serve them up on this skewer!"

plus it has 14 less dps then sword

Esus
06-14-2010, 09:43 AM
It doesn't say that there's a break armor proc, but if you try and attacking a strong mob are if a player is nicer enough to let u test it in pvp, sometimes when u hit your target, you'll see little stars come off him and there will be a star underneath their character. That's the break armor in effect, if you have ever used the break armor spell as a bird you will notice a similar debuff icon or the same stars underneath their character. If u don't beleive me , I'm willing to show you andkake you a believer, just hit me up in game and it will be my pleasure.

Odingrim
06-14-2010, 03:52 PM
For a respec to PLD, can somene please give some thoughts on how to allocate stat points? Is it necessary to put a certain amount into INT to get enough mp to make it all work, or is 117 str enough & then all dex? I plan to use full Toth shield, plate, helm, and sword. Thanks!

Esus
06-14-2010, 04:01 PM
minumun strength for the armor, sheild, and weapon is 127, i'm not sure nor do i remember the requiremwnt for the helm atm. Each piece grants 7 to int, which has given me around 318-320 mana points, the rest i put into dex for crit and dmg

Odingrim
06-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply! Does that put you at 22 regen? I was thinking of dumping 16 into int just for the tier of m/s. You recommend against it? Also, does the lack of int make your dmg spells like lightning noticably weaker, or does the dex compensate?

Esus
06-14-2010, 04:27 PM
uh you start at a default of 7 int, if you are plannig on equiping all four Thoth peices, you'll get +28 to int, add that to the deafualt 7 and u should have around 35 int. as for the spells damage, I have no clue, i have noticed that some, like drain life after using nightmare can do ALOT of damage. Ive seen the black armored mobs take anywhere from 190-390 or more damage from a nightmare, drain life combo...well at least thats my impression atm. Time for me to test out these combos and spell damages

Relis
06-14-2010, 05:30 PM
dude i have been a pally since long before 1.2 and let me tell you, the gear of Thoth, is a god send. it is the most perfect thing for me. i have full Thoth and i spam spells and cant seem to run out of mana :)

I agree with this statement!!!! I happened to get the sword and the armour yesterday.

Violentsaint
06-14-2010, 07:25 PM
ive been using the spear, it rapes!

and i dont even have to use mana pots anymore, i was using like 1000 mana pots a day before i got the gear.

I CAN ACCUALY GOLDFARM ON MY PALLY NOW YAY!

Violentsaint
07-03-2010, 08:22 AM
ill be posting my lvl 40-45 pally build in the next week or so, keep your eyes peeled ^-^

DramaBeatz
07-12-2010, 03:29 PM
For this spec, would it better to use 1h wep with shield ? or 2h wep.
Any specific stats i should look for on gear ? perhaps 1m/s, +str +dodge and so on ?

Rebel
07-12-2010, 03:42 PM
For this spec, would it better to use 1h wep with shield ? or 2h wep.
Any specific stats i should look for on gear ? perhaps 1m/s, +str +dodge and so on ?

Just my opinion (but probably close to Violentsaint's also): Most Paladins are Paladins for the reason of being an enchantress and having enchantress spells, but also having the armor of a warrior. This is why I would use a 1h weapon and a shield. As for gear stats. The level cap gear that is out right now (which is what you should worry about) has gear specific for each class and spec. Enchantress skills use a lot of mana, so most Paladins use Thoth gear (high m/s). This allows them to basically have unlimited mana :p Some Paladins add an Isis piece of gear for the small extra h/s boost. Hope this helps you out.

Barbamitsos
07-12-2010, 05:15 PM
minumun strength for the armor, sheild, and weapon is 127, i'm not sure nor do i remember the requiremwnt for the helm atm. Each piece grants 7 to int, which has given me around 318-320 mana points, the rest i put into dex for crit and dmg

Helm 147 str ()

Violentsaint
07-23-2010, 03:19 AM
Helm 147 str ()

im pretty sure its 142...

yesIManoob
09-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Hi, this is a great guide. Does anyone know where you can get these items or who is selling them?

Royce
09-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Hi, this is a great guide. Does anyone know where you can get these items or who is selling them?

The sword is a plat store item. It's fancy looking, but you are way better off using a trident from the swamps or pitchfork from Skeller. I think this guide may have been created before it was common knowledge that tridents had a break armor proc ;) Anyway, the other stuff all drops in the swamps.

yesIManoob
09-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Thanks Royce!
Will anyone help me farm swamps? My IGN is TheNooob.

xxxwwxxx
09-30-2011, 01:03 PM
add me xxxwwxxx im a lvl 37 mage i have a pink dagger its called swamp rat's swampy shiv i got it at ancient swamps its a pink i have 94 dex 95 int my dps is 145 i have a purp helm a purp bracer and a purp robe sometimes i use my bayou bow of the eagle (purp) it's super long range dps 125 i recommend daggers and crossbows for dex mages and archers and btw im SELLING PINK ALIEN STAFF OF FATE FOR 75k LVL 50 DPS 190 FOR ME AROUND 220 FOR A LVL 50 ENCHANTRESS!!!!!

xxxwwxxx
09-30-2011, 01:04 PM
if ur interested friend me and message me (im active)

KingFu
09-30-2011, 01:12 PM
add me xxxwwxxx im a lvl 37 mage i have a pink dagger its called swamp rat's swampy shiv i got it at ancient swamps its a pink i have 94 dex 95 int my dps is 145 i have a purp helm a purp bracer and a purp robe sometimes i use my bayou bow of the eagle (purp) it's super long range dps 125 i recommend daggers and crossbows for dex mages and archers and btw im SELLING PINK ALIEN STAFF OF FATE FOR 75k LVL 50 DPS 190 FOR ME AROUND 220 FOR A LVL 50 ENCHANTRESS!!!!!

Erm...please don't necro old threads that are outdated, especially from over a year ago. If you want to post a thread saying that you're selling said staff. Go into the pocket legends trading market and make a new thread, don't steal an old one.